Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

Saturday, July 13th, 2013 11:13AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,187

Emiliano Santalucia has updated his blog with a couple of concept sketches he did for the Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox that was revealed at BotCon 2013.

Directly from the Botcon reveals, here is the first design from the Generation figures I helped designing.
I worked on these with Joe Kyde. The process was pretty straight forward, so there aren't other sketches of alternate versions.
The kind of rhinoceros was changed for the final alt mode, but I think it was the right choice as it now looks a lot more intimidating than mine!
I loved doing Rhinox, especially trying to capture the right attitude, silhouette and the details form the cartoon, and i'm so happy to see it translated so faithful to a toy!

Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

From concept to reality................

Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art
Credit(s): Emiliano Santalucia
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502918)
Posted by Mkall on July 13th, 2013 @ 11:18am CDT
At first I was all like, "but I'm not collecting the new Beast Wars figures."

Then I was like "Screw it, he's too awesome not to buy. I'll put him with my Autobots"
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502932)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 13th, 2013 @ 12:48pm CDT
Nicely done design. Still wish he had his iconic lips, but meh, doesn't bother me too much.

Just can't wait til Rhinox and the onslaught of other Generations: Thrilling 30 gets out in stores. Honestly, I kinda hope they announce even more figures at SDCC than what we were told at BotCon. I need Classics-style and homage toys for sustenance! 8-}
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502936)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 13th, 2013 @ 1:09pm CDT
That drawing is a good drawing. I approve.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502956)
Posted by MenaceRX on July 13th, 2013 @ 3:29pm CDT
Much better then the original that I have right now. He might get picked up if i ever come across him in store. I just picked up Sandstorm 30th edition, first time I have seen him in stores.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502962)
Posted by TCWJoe on July 13th, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT

Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1503000)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2013 @ 9:10pm CDT
As soon as I get this mold, that waist flap has got to go. He didn't have it in the show, so I don't need it on the toy.

Kinda seems like they used the 10th Anniversary box art as a base:

TCWJoe wrote:But HasTak still can't (or won't) make an awesome Chain Gun of Doom like the one I made (and you can buy) on Shapeways....
But they did make the chain guns:

Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1503028)
Posted by Mechastrike on July 14th, 2013 @ 1:08am CDT
Rhinox was one of my favorites but i never had the toy. i think my waiting is over.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1504056)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 17th, 2013 @ 8:20pm CDT
The figure's looking pretty faithful to the brilliant concept art. Well done designers.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Soundwave San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 24 minutes 43 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe Nemesis Strika, complete - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 54 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS RID ROBOTS IN DISGUISE BRUTICUS FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 57 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Generations Sergeant KUP & PERCEPTOR Hasbro & igea Gun &r Head Set - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 44 minutes 46 seconds
BARRAGE TRANSFORMERS G1 100% COMPLETE INSECTICON DECEPTICON W./ BOX - Time Remaining: 16 days 2 hours 14 minutes 53 seconds
G1 TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS NIGHT BIRD FEMALE NINJA Shadow NEW FEMBOT - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 17 minutes 47 seconds
BUMBLEBEE • COMPLETE W/CARD BACK • C9 •TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 48 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers RID Car Robots D-012 Scourge (Car Robots) Action Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 6 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory