Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images

Friday, July 27th, 2012 8:30PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 32,775

By way of ACToys we have an extensive in-hand gallery of Transformers Generations Powerdive, a repaint/retool of HTFD Highbrow. Only available in Asian at the moment, but he along with most of the other Transformers Generations Asian exclusives will be coming Stateside this Fall through Toys"R"Us. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys.net
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404938)
Posted by craggy on July 27th, 2012 @ 8:44pm CDT
dammit! he looks like he should be Lugnutz' snarky older brother. A Brain to his Pinky. I hadn't been interested before. :(
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404942)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 27th, 2012 @ 8:57pm CDT
damn i hate this mold. but that paint is amazing.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404943)
Posted by El Duque on July 27th, 2012 @ 8:58pm CDT
Damnit! The shark deco just sold it. Wasn't even mildly interested before.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404949)
Posted by RAcast on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:09pm CDT
I honestly don't understand all the flak this mold gets. It looks great, and now it's even Powerdive! Powerdive, man!

Okay, so, Leadfoot? Check. Powerdive? Check! Manta Ray? Sort-of check (see: PCC Undertow). Now we just need Ransack and the Rotor Force rides again!
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404951)
Posted by Anonymous on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:12pm CDT
A very nice and unexpected homage; there seems to be alot of love letters to the G2 era these days and I’m certainly not complaining.

I particularly like how the 'visor down' look emulates the classic head sculpt.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404953)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:14pm CDT
Bought on site. I didn't like the head mold on Highbrow but this one looks AWESOME! :CON: :CON: :CON:
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404954)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:17pm CDT
Another one for the G2 classics shelf.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404957)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:34pm CDT
I used to have a G2 Powerdive and I loved it.
What do you guys think of this mould? It looks alright from pics, but I feel the thights are kinda wide and round or something. Can the forearms be posed so that the wrists aren't misaligned with the rest of the arm?

The purple guns will need some paint imo.

Triple "Damn" comment starters above, haha.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404959)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:40pm CDT
lol, gotta love that shark app. :lol: I like his helmet a lot more than Highbrow's, but I still prefer the Highbrow paintjob. Good-looking figure though!
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404961)
Posted by BeastProwl on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:43pm CDT
RAcast wrote: Now we just need Ransack and the Rotor Force rides again!

ROTF Ransack fits in with this whole vibe...
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404963)
Posted by RAcast on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:52pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:
RAcast wrote: Now we just need Ransack and the Rotor Force rides again!

ROTF Ransack fits in with this whole vibe...

Meh, they share no commonalities besides the name and the fact that they're both planes.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404964)
Posted by Megazarak on July 27th, 2012 @ 9:55pm CDT
Ooh, very nice. I didn't get a chance to get the last iteration of this mold, which looked quite nice, so it's cool that I'll be able to get this one. And I'm liking these visors, first Hot Shot and now Powerdive! Always nice to get those extra details.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404970)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 27th, 2012 @ 10:21pm CDT
I'm liking everything about this fig except for the purple weapons and pink propellers (easily solved with a can of silver paint) and the head.

Not a fan of that super-wide mouth, if that's what it is. Maybe I could fill that line up with some epoxy or cement, sand it down and repaint it to get rid of the line.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404974)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on July 27th, 2012 @ 10:43pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:damn i hate this mold. but that paint is amazing.

Heh, I'm the other way: I love this mold but do not like these colors The shark-nose is great though. Will buy if he comes to US retail.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404975)
Posted by triKlops on July 27th, 2012 @ 10:45pm CDT
that is a damn cool repaint
alot of these previous Asian exclusive i couldnt justify for the price but now that they are available domestically...its on
big up TRU for picking these up, good move
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404984)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 27th, 2012 @ 11:32pm CDT
Ugh......what sexy ass alt mode this mold has! It just totally nostagicly screams to my ten year old self and the passion i had for WW2 era aircraft. That paint job is top notch and the attention to detail is appreciated. By myself anyways.

A shame about the bot mode and all it's subtle flaws though. They aren't egregiously offensive by any means but for me the hips, feet and forearms break the spell for me.

Still a really cool mold nevertheless.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404986)
Posted by funklizard on July 27th, 2012 @ 11:44pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:I used to have a G2 Powerdive and I loved it.

They hips are kind of wide on this mold. You don't notice it much when he's posed with his legs bent; but when they're just straight, it looks kind of awkward.

[quote]Can the forearms be posed so that the wrists aren't misaligned with the rest of the arm?[/quote]
Yes, you can tilt the rotors such that they're pointing about 45° with respect to the line from the elbow to the wrist. This leaves a bit of a gap in his forearm; but it still looks much better.

[quote]The paintjob looks awesome and I love the new head and visor. The way the red eyes show through the red visor is amazing!
The purple guns will need some paint imo.[/quote]
As do the propellers. Highbrow's box art had the propeller hubs painted red; very unfortunate that was missing from the finished version of the figure. A bit of that gold paint on Powerdive's propeller hubs would really have popped.

I have Highbrow; and in spite of a few goofy bits (the wide hips, the wonky forearms), it's a really cool mold. His feet are insanely posable. I tend to move the ankles down at an angle and move the "toes" up so that he's resting mostly on them.

And since I already have the mold, I'd probably only pick up Powerdive at a significant discount. Powerdive has a good head sculpt (though I like Highbrow's as well) and the paint job is nice. But having no particular affection for G2, the character really doesn't mean anything to me.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1404990)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 27th, 2012 @ 11:57pm CDT
The shark decal, the overall deco, and the new head are all damn awesome. Not too crazy about the purple, though.

I hope we see more vintage alts down the line. A Corsair like G2 Ransack would be killer.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1405007)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 28th, 2012 @ 1:58am CDT
Hmm. That mold works better as a Decepticon, than an Autobot.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Powerdive In-Hand Images (1405036)
Posted by Anonymous on July 28th, 2012 @ 5:47am CDT
It always bugs me how NONE of the pictures I've seen of this mold online has it's arms straightened out...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016