Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail

Monday, August 4th, 2014 7:33AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 25,077

Kicking off the week with a new sighting, Seibertron.com fan Cayla Callaway has sent us photo proof of Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster in a Target store in Amarillo, Texas, at $22.99. Sky-Byte went to a new home, and two Roadbusters remain - if you spot them around your area, make sure to use the Sightings section and check out the sub-forum too!

Credit(s): Cayla Callaway

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596381)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 4th, 2014 @ 8:01am CDT
Aww hell I wish it was November so I could get my Legends Roadbuster already. :BANG_HEAD: :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596382)
Posted by shockblast2 on August 4th, 2014 @ 8:05am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596385)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 4th, 2014 @ 8:14am CDT
shockblast2 wrote:More shelf warming fodder. Like any child gives a squat about either of these characters.

Yeah, from now on they should cater only to us collectors with Generations! Wait, they already are... never mind :grin:

Glad to see them on the selves of my future home state. :)
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596400)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 4th, 2014 @ 8:57am CDT
Sweet. Cant wait for them to show up in ohio
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596419)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on August 4th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT

Kids? These are for me, fool! Nostalgia City, here I come on the Throwback Express!
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596428)
Posted by 1984forever on August 4th, 2014 @ 10:29am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596446)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 4th, 2014 @ 11:20am CDT
About time! Ought to stop by the three retailers I frequent to see if any of them have Roadbuster. Might get Sky-Byte to square off against Rhinox, them being from two different series notwithstanding.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596454)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on August 4th, 2014 @ 11:50am CDT
1984forever wrote:Roadbuster gives me nostalgia too... of being so happy my parents didn't buy him! I got Whirl as a surprise bonus Christmas gift back in '85 along with the other TFs I asked for... and boy was I pissed! I was like why the heck did my parents pick up this guy? He's not even on the cartoon! It could have been worse though, they could have brought me Whirl AND Roadbuster! For the record, I didn't play with Whirl and I didn't give him away either. I didn't want to seem like an ingrate.

Wow. Your life sounds terrible. Even when toys were G1, there was no pleasing you.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596470)
Posted by 1984forever on August 4th, 2014 @ 12:07pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:

Yes, it was hell dealing with uncoordinated parents. Particularly my father who had Sideswipe and Sunstreaker in each hand at a Black Friday style mob scene in TRU, but lost Sunstreaker because he needed a free hand to grapple on the floor with another parent.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596479)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 4th, 2014 @ 12:23pm CDT
1984forever wrote:I was like why the heck did my parents pick up this guy? He's not even on the cartoon!
Because it was a Transformers toy and they knew you liked Transformers?
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596485)
Posted by Rated X on August 4th, 2014 @ 12:37pm CDT

If we go by the "shelf warming" logic, then kids must not give a crap about Bumblebee either. >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596486)
Posted by Rated X on August 4th, 2014 @ 12:46pm CDT

So you got all the TF's you wanted for Christmas, plus Whirl as a "bonus" ? What's to be pissed about ? I could understand if you got just Whirl and not the TF's you wanted. But getting more is bad ? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596492)
Posted by 1984forever on August 4th, 2014 @ 1:10pm CDT
Rated X wrote:

Whirl was an AUTObot with a helicopter alt-mode with no excuse or explanation why he was not an automobile. BIG no no in my book. What's worse is that neither Whirl or his buddy Roadbuster were on the cartoon. When I got new figures they weren't allowed to "play" with the other Transformers until they made an appearance on the cartoon. I had to make sure their personalities and voices were just right or everything would turn out wrong! THIS is the reason why Roadbuster will provide body heat for the shelves all winter! If you're not a UK comic fan you probably don't care about Roadbuster. They shoulda sent this guy over to England or somewhere...
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596493)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 4th, 2014 @ 1:20pm CDT
1984forever wrote:
Rated X wrote:

I ask this without being an ass, nor meant to be offensive; Are you Okay? Do you have some kinda O.C.D that's gone untreated? I am genuinely concerned :-(
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596502)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 4th, 2014 @ 1:54pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596504)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 4th, 2014 @ 1:59pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Dear god. It's worse than we thought. It's type 5 GEEWUNNER syndrome. The only cure is exposing the patient to repeated doses of Fire on the Mountain, City of Steel, B.O.T. and Carnage in C-Minor until the rose-tinted glasses are ready to be excised with a Cybertron Optimus Prime toy.

Mental handicaps are no laughing matter. I too am curious what exactly is going on in his head. There are signs, but I'm not applying labels just yet, better leave that to the professionals.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596505)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 4th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Sorry, didn't intend to cause offence.

Clarification:

[spoiler="Explaining the joke"]I don't think he's got anything wrong with him. I just think he's a silly person who likes the original cartoon a little bit too much. That's what I was insinuating- that he is not mentally ill but merely a bit crazy.[/spoiler]
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596506)
Posted by 1984forever on August 4th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
Yeah guys, I'm crazy. Just not crazy enough to buy Sky-Byte :SICK:
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596507)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 4th, 2014 @ 2:09pm CDT
EDIT: Posting glitch. Whoops.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Sky-Byte and Roadbuster Sighted at US Retail (1596508)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 4th, 2014 @ 2:09pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Sorry, didn't intend to cause offence.

Clarification (or rather explaining the joke):

[spoiler=]I don't think he's got anything wrong with him. I just think he's a silly person who likes the original cartoon a little bit too much. That's what I was insinuating- that he is not mentally ill but merely a bit crazy.[/spoiler]

Ending Soon On eBay

[Brand ] Transformers Takara 2011 Encore ReIssue #22 Twincast - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 22 minutes 34 seconds
TRANSFORMERS TAKARA WST G1 THRUST GTF11 SMALLEST NIB - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 18 minutes 14 seconds
1988 Hosehead  G1 Transformers Headmaster - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 49 minutes 27 seconds
1992 Transformers G2 Ramjet Action Figure - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 minutes 58 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers GO! Beast Hunters G12 Dragotron Predaking in USA!! - Time Remaining: 6 days 13 hours 14 minutes 4 seconds
takaratomy Transformers G1 Megatron 06 book reissue version New unused - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 56 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Rotf MIXMASTER Hasbro Movie Supreme Combiner Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 11 minutes 46 seconds
5831TRANSFORMERS MOVIES 4 AGE OF EXTINCTION AOE DELUXE DINOBOT SLASH HASBRO MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 30 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive