Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail?

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail?

Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 12:22PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,920

Seibertron member That Bot dropped by to let us know the Transformers Generations Voyagers are already showing up at discount retailers, Grimlock has at least. The image below comes to us from a Marshall's where Grimlock was priced at the surprisingly low $6.99! Almost certainly a mistake, but it might be worth checking out your local discounters just in case.

Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail
Credit(s): That Bot
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469349)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:27pm CST
And yet, in the UK, nothing.

Blast.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469350)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:29pm CST
Awesome as this news is for me in my current financial situation, this makes me think that something's gonna' break somewhere in the supply chain very soon.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469351)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:32pm CST
Gotta head over to ross now, see if this is state wide :lol:
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469353)
Posted by Dark Ops on March 5th, 2013 @ 12:44pm CST
It must be nice to live in a region where shelves get stocked. Here in Central Iowa, they're still stocking DOTM. -_-;
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469361)
Posted by jamesbenjamin on March 5th, 2013 @ 1:03pm CST
We were already discussing this over on TFW, clearly its a mistake. Voyagers at Marshalls should be $12.99, likely a case of FoC voyagers was accidentally placed on a pallet to Marshalls in with the Prime Deluxes (which explains the prices). No way they'd clear out Grimlock's wave when normal retail is getting them now too, and there are at least 3-4 waves left of the assorment.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469364)
Posted by Diem on March 5th, 2013 @ 1:06pm CST
Yes, it must be a mistake (the label on mine says says $6.99, compare to other places at $10.00). I got mine in LA so I guess this is a westside thang.

Here's hoping for Blaster.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469376)
Posted by That Bot on March 5th, 2013 @ 1:44pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469386)
Posted by El Duque on March 5th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CST
That Bot wrote:I put this in my email but apparently it got overlooked, I DO NOT LIVE IN OREGON. THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE. This came to me via a Facebook post from a friend in Florida. No idea where he got it. Yes, it's obviously a mistake, that's deluxe pricing, but cross your fingers that it'll happen in more places.

Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469394)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 5th, 2013 @ 2:41pm CST
damnit just picked up grimlock at walmart yesterday, but ill still check none the less. For $7 id pick another one up to keep in the box. But this is clearly a mistake, not only if he just showing up at mass retail now but the price is way off. If it was a DOTM figure then sure but not a brand new one.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469409)
Posted by That Bot on March 5th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CST
El Duque wrote:I edited the news. I think it's still worth checking your local discount retailer even if this is a mistake.

Oh, I absolutely will, I just wanted to put it out there that this isn't mine to pre-emptively ward off questions like "Where in Oregon?".
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469411)
Posted by MarkNL on March 5th, 2013 @ 3:42pm CST
Va'al wrote:And yet, in the UK, nothing.

Blast.

I know the feeling... Nothing here in the Netherlands too.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469433)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:30pm CST
Simply amazing, and then again not surprising. :)) :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469451)
Posted by Diem on March 5th, 2013 @ 4:59pm CST
Of course $7 is still slightly too much for FOC Grimlock.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469455)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 5th, 2013 @ 5:03pm CST
Mark(NL) wrote:
Va'al wrote:And yet, in the UK, nothing.

Blast.

I know the feeling... Nothing here in the Netherlands too.

Some Intertoys (like The Hague) and ToysXL stores have the first wave Deluxes, but that's it. Don't bother though, €20 to €25 a pop ($26 to $32).

And I know Grimlock will be gone by the time I get there. >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469466)
Posted by XDMan on March 5th, 2013 @ 5:32pm CST
A mistake? This should be an awesome mistake, now that Grimlock is at the price he wants!
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469477)
Posted by Antron on March 5th, 2013 @ 6:19pm CST
I have TJ Max in this area. For those not familiar, it's a Marshalls conglomerate. I love the place(s). It is/was a great place to find some figures from a few waves ago that you missed and at a great price. I say is/was because they seem to be getting less older stuff and more of the newer.

I saw this with Prime toys during the Xmas season. I haven't been there this week so I can't say if they got the Gen Grimlock but it would hold true to recent trends.
Toy's that are still in full circulation or just got to my Wal-Mart, Target, ect. are there at the same time for half the price.

Probably because the packaging is usually beat up. I picked up PRID Ultra Magnus there that was the only time ever I didn't have an overworked package. Not horrible, I'd say usually around C7+ but I'm probably pickier than AFA. Then there are some all but destroyed ones. I open most of mine, or will eventually so C7+ is not a real big deal to me but let's be honest, QC on packaging has been downhill lately. Warped cards is something I've been seeing alot of in the past 6 months. Especially at Wal-Mart.

And speaking of Wal-Mart, they went to having almost empty shelves for months to being a wave ahead of my other local stores like Target and Meijer. And their prices have evened out to usually be cheaper once again. Even if it is only a couple of cents.

In any event, I just wanted to confirm that I've noticed this trend for a while now. Now I know it's not just me. I also want to mention that I've seen similar things at Kohl's. Not necessarily as current but definitely sooner than they have had in the past.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469494)
Posted by Diem on March 5th, 2013 @ 7:19pm CST
Antron wrote:

Yeah for some reason the discount chains have gone from carrying stuff from 2 years ago to stuff that's barely even been released. Very strange, but fine by me.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469528)
Posted by That Bot on March 5th, 2013 @ 9:48pm CST
I checked the Marshalls, TJ Maxx, and Ross by where I work. No dice. I'll check the ones closer to home tomorrow.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469532)
Posted by dirk2243 on March 5th, 2013 @ 9:53pm CST
Walmart near me had eleven of these! and one blaster!

But now only seven...... :grin: and zero blasters!
Re: Transformers Generations Voyagers Already Showing Up at Discount Retail? (1469536)
Posted by That Bot on March 5th, 2013 @ 10:02pm CST
What the hell are you going to do with 4 Grimlocks? I can understand one to display in each mode and one to keep packaged, but what's the extra?

Ending Soon On eBay

KRE-O Transformers Starscream - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 47 minutes 49 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime Ver.2.0 Japan EMS Post - Time Remaining: 9 days 2 hours 48 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Club Sharttered Glass Cyclonus Brand New - Time Remaining: 3 days 49 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Club NightBeat Brand New - Time Remaining: 3 days 34 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Club Airazor Brand New - Time Remaining: 3 days 49 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Club Astrotrain Brand New - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 50 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Club Piranacon Brand New - Time Remaining: 3 days 35 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Premium BUMBLEBEE Deluxe Concept Camaro MOSC Movie VHTF - Time Remaining: 9 days 50 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016