Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed

Friday, April 26th, 2013 3:56PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 33,699

Thanks to Hydra of the Allspark boards, we have details of the plot for the Transformers Go! straight-to-DVD supplement anime. This rectifies the previous speculation that the two combiner figures were one of each faction, stating that all six characters are in fact combining Autobots.

The magazine spread for Go! said that Optimus and co. had sealed Predaking away inside the Earth using the artfact known as the "Legendisk,"
and left Earth to hunt down other Predacons who had spread throughout the galaxy. They entrusted the duty of hunting down the scattering of Predacons still on Earth to a team of six Autobots...

In that sense, it takes place after BH, but whether it will link up smoothly is anyone's guess.
Credit(s): Hydra, Allspark boards
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482345)
Posted by Xephon0930 on April 26th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CDT
Again,I'm getting the 80s Japanese Continuity/Brave Series vibe from this show. Not as awesome as Takara actually re-newing the Brave Franchise but still awesome nonetheless.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482346)
Posted by IJK Productions on April 26th, 2013 @ 4:22pm CDT
Now why am I getting the same vibe I got when I read about Predacons Rising?
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482350)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 26th, 2013 @ 4:27pm CDT
So virtually they're the Japanese equivalent of the Rescue Bots, but instead of protecting humans from natural disasters (and Morocco), they are protecting humans by hunting the remaining Predacons on Earth?
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482352)
Posted by Xephon0930 on April 26th, 2013 @ 4:28pm CDT
The way you make it sound,it seems simple but it works.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482355)
Posted by Shelf Space on April 26th, 2013 @ 4:35pm CDT
Eh, I'm gonna go ahead and keep pretending Japanese Transformer TV shows don't exist
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482369)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 26th, 2013 @ 5:59pm CDT
Isn't it strange for Takara to be announcing a Beast Hunters sequel when the series isn't even halfway through? Takara not loving where Hasbro is taking things??? Whatever the reason, experience tells me I won't be loving this.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482370)
Posted by XDMan on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
I guess this would be a good sequel, wish Hasbro would bring it over. But this looks better than RB! :grin:
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482387)
Posted by vegetacron on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:58pm CDT
Shitty re-imaging of RID. Yup, i'll be skippin this one.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482401)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 26th, 2013 @ 8:00pm CDT
Takara, complicating the narrative.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482411)
Posted by Mkall on April 26th, 2013 @ 9:23pm CDT
I'm sure I'll watch it, hopefully there'll be a sub'd version available. Either way I'm more interested in the plastic rather than the plot.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482415)
Posted by Superwheeljack on April 26th, 2013 @ 9:36pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Superwheeljack wrote:I said tf Christian fans

Superwheeljack wrote:Also, I'm surprised christian tf's arent complaining over the Super-God part....

If people complained about all media that use Judeo-Christian symbolism and mythologies, we'd pretty much have to give up on the entertainment industry, especially anime.

The whole of Evangelion would collapse like a flan in a cupboard (cit), for example.

Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482423)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2013 @ 10:03pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:With all due respect, I meant the name of Tf super god master force. Just the name super god, and yes, I see where you go.
The name of the show is "Transformers: Chōjin Masterforce". Not "Super-God", "Chōjin". "Super-God" is just a translation people use to avoid potential confusion (or potential xenophobia) from the presence of foreign word whose meaning is not common knowledge in the West.

Here is the logo for the subtitle:

超神マスターフォース = "Chōjin Masutāfōsu"

超神 = "Chōjin"

"Super-God" would be スーパーゴッド ("Sūpā Goddo")

If it were really called "Super-God Masterforce" then the above logo would be written as スーパーゴッドマスターフォース ("Sūpā Goddo Masutāfōsu"), but it is not.

It is written as 超神マスターフォース, which reads as "Chōjin Masutāfōsu", or "Chōjin Masterforce".

Therefore, there's nothing in the title for any group to make a commotion about.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482450)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 26th, 2013 @ 11:18pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Here is the logo for the subtitle:

超神マスターフォース = "Chōjin Masutāfōsu"

超神 = "Chōjin"

"Super-God" would be スーパーゴッド ("Sūpā Goddo")

I just took the Kanji for "Chōjin" (超神) and popped it into google translate. Guess what the English translation is. Super God.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482455)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2013 @ 11:27pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:I just took the Kanji for "Chojin" (超神) and popped it into google translate. Guess what the English translation is. Super God.
Yes, but the announcers and singers still very much say "Chojin" when speaking the show's name in the show (be it in the theme song or the next-episode previews).

It's like how Raiden's name can mean "thunder and lightning" when translated into English, yet his name is still "Raiden" and spoken as such.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482461)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 27th, 2013 @ 12:16am CDT
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482462)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 27th, 2013 @ 12:20am CDT
There's only so much to be said about them and I think it's all been said.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482463)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 27th, 2013 @ 12:23am CDT
That Bot wrote:No point in getting hung up on semantics, because nobody is actually getting offended by the terms Choujin or Super God. Let's talk about our Yuushas--I mean Braves--I mean Transformers that look like Braves.
(hot-blooded Japanese voice, possibly yelling): "Sanjō Gattai Toransufōmā Gō!" :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482485)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:37am CDT
Of effin-course their all Autobots.

Because they aren't already outnumbering my Decepticons on every singe shelf...
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482506)
Posted by Heckfire on April 27th, 2013 @ 4:50am CDT
Personally, I'm hoping for a micro-continuity. TF anime works best when it's allowed to go all-out balls-to-the-wall insane.
Re: Transformers Go! Anime Plot Revealed (1482507)
Posted by KNM2012 on April 27th, 2013 @ 4:57am CDT
Sabrblade, a tidbit for you: The series is nothing more than a Super Sentai-meets-Transformers series. So them using "Chojin" (which is a pre-Western influenced term for Superhuman, Super-God, and Superman) is done in the same way they used it in their 1977-1978 Super Sentai series: Chojin Sentai Barattack. But if you need an excuse to why the word "God" is valid, and yet "Chojin" (the superpower) is the gimmick... Look at Primus for your answer. Because in all cases, they have hinted that the Chojin power makes a Seibertronian a God-like being, and that a human using it makes them a "Super-God"-like being (in terms of Seibertronian construction and power). ;)

Oh, and based on my studies of the Japanese language and its evolution that adopted portions of Western words/terms, there are other words that the Japanese adopted (such like the French word for "animation"). That, and they used the word for the same reason why they did not change Convoy's name to Optimus Prime in 1985. Which, as you might agree, is pretty ironic to the way things are now being handled. :-B

As for the Christian-based fans, let me point something out: Super-God/Chojin is based on the Shinto variation of deityhood. It has nothing to do with the God that dates back to early Judaism, and branched out when the last non-Christian Emperor in Rome announced that to be a Christian, you do not have to be Jewish. And even then, the use of the words "God" and "Devil" have become universal for "Unity/Good" (Cybertron/Autobot) and "Deception/Evil" (Destron/Decepticon). And the premise of the story is to promote a champion of good both fight and defeat the greatest of evil. But, as I said before, the use of the word "Chojin" is more derived from the Shinto belief system than that of Christianity (as they have a belief system that ties them to the land and this planet). So if this pisses you off, and I question why it should, then I do not suggest that you watch Mobile Fighter G Gundam in Japanese.

So with that said... And the fact arguments like these remind me of the reasons why my return to the franchise might have died if I was not hooked on blogs, was not hooked on it since 1984, the manga-based reboot (ALL SPARK), and Fortress Maximus/Headmasters... I am shaking my fist because you guys made me understand the concept/premise of said chapter in the franchise. :lol: ...I mean... :BOOM: :BANG_HEAD:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Cybertron Legends Megatron  Soundwave Target Exclusive Set MISB G1 - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 49 minutes 30 seconds
Targetmaster PEACEMAKER gun only Transformers G1 Pointblank not included - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 51 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Supreme Primus Transformer Action Figure for Parts - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 6 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Bruticus Set of 6 MIB!!  Shockwave Brawl - Time Remaining: 5 days 7 minutes 48 seconds
CM's Transformers God Masterforce Gutto-Kuru Figure 49 Minelba / - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 23 minutes 5 seconds
Targetmaster RECOIL gun only Transformers G1 1987 Kup not included vtg - Time Remaining: 18 days 11 hours 9 minutes 51 seconds
NEW TAKARA Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 TRACKS Chevrolet G1 INSTOCK WITH COIN - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 55 minutes 7 seconds
1989 Pincher Complete G1 Transformers Pretender - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 29 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks