Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show

Transformers News: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show

Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 2:02PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,401

Nico Nico Doga has posted footage of Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Go! OVA that was shown over the past weekend at the Tokyo Toy Show. The preview clip clocks in at just under 10 minutes and features the Swordbot Samurai team of Kenzan, Jinbu, and Ganoh. Sorry, no embed is availalbe, but the clip can viewed by clicking here.
Credit(s): Nico Nico Doga
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1496389)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 18th, 2013 @ 8:22pm CDT
BUDORA!!!!!!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

OPTIMUS!!!! IN HIS BEAST HUNTERS BODY!!!!! Drawn in the Go! art style too! Beast Hunter Optimus is going to be in this show to some extent! :michaelbay: :michaelbay:

ALL the Predacons get screentime in this show! 8)

Gekisomaru's voice sounds a little funny.

Hishomaru's animation model makes his toy's beat mode look somewhat decent.

All three Sanjou Gattai look AWESOME! Am sad that the Shinobi Team didn't get shown off like the Samurai Team did.

Can anyone here who hasa better understanding of Japanese note if anything particularly specific that might be worth pointing out was spoken of in this video? ;)
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1496417)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 18th, 2013 @ 11:16pm CDT
O hai, Optimus.

Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1496740)
Posted by Hotrodimust on June 20th, 2013 @ 10:28am CDT
When I first seen the figures I didn't care for them but after seeing this I kinda like how the look just like they do in the show
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1497172)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 21st, 2013 @ 6:57pm CDT
Brand spankin' new video for the cartoon:

Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1497316)
Posted by El Duque on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:47am CDT
The Takara Tomy YouTube channel has uploaded a new clip from their forthcoming Transformers Go! DVD series, which will be split between TV Boy and TV Magazine. TheThe Swordbot Samurai team DVDs will come with TV Boy, the Swordbot Shinobi team DVD' will come with TV Magazine.

The clip features the Swordbot Samurai Team taking to the Budora (aka Takara Tomy's red repaint of Grimwing). Check out the video embedded below.

Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1497318)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:54am CDT
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1497329)
Posted by El Duque on June 22nd, 2013 @ 11:45am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So the series is split between the two Magazines: Samurai goes to TV Boy and Shinobi to TV Magazine. Clever.

Thanks! ;)
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1497340)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 22nd, 2013 @ 12:38pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Thanks! ;)

You're welcome, but... You do realise my observations can't be 100% correct all the time, right? I'm just dying here waiting for someone to correct me :lol:
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1497343)
Posted by Trikeboy on June 22nd, 2013 @ 12:50pm CDT
so, the animation models don't have hips in their armpits? Total pass :grin:
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1497348)
Posted by El Duque on June 22nd, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Thanks! ;)

Oh I know, but if you have any knowledge of the Japanese language you're miles ahead of me! Anytime I post anything Japanese I await you and Sabrblade to let me know where I've gone astray.
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1497420)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on June 22nd, 2013 @ 5:35pm CDT
at 0:24 -am I the only one who could swear that old man is shigemori sumimura, from the manga/anime kekkaishi?
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1498622)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 28th, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
The Takara Tomy YouTube channel has uploaded yet another video to promote the Transformers Go! animation. The clip features most of the characters we have already seen, with the addition of Autobot leader Optimus Prime, in his Beast Hunters jetpacked incarnation.

Take a look at the embedded video below!

Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1498644)
Posted by Triptykon on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:22am CDT
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1498647)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:33am CDT
Triptykon wrote:I cant get a few of the comments pages to load, so excuse this question if it has been answered or asked already....but do we know when this series is to air? My son and I are hyped after watching this promo :) :KREMZEEK:
It's a direct-to-DVD series with each episode being included with Japanese magazines. All episodes for the Swordbot Samurai Team come with TV-Kun Magazine, while all episodes for the Swordbot Shinobi Team come with TV Magazine. We know not how long each episode will be, how many there will be, or exactly when they will come out, IIRC.
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1498689)
Posted by That Bot on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CDT
So the only animation in that clip was when of the Swordbot team. The rest were still frame pans and zooms. Clearly this will be a landmark achievement in animated entertainment.
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1498713)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
Is it just me, or does Tweedie the Derpy Bird sound female?
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1498733)
Posted by optibot360 on June 28th, 2013 @ 3:18pm CDT
This could be a legit cartoon series.
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1498755)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 28th, 2013 @ 4:29pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Is it just me, or does Tweedie the Derpy Bird sound female?

It's you, Japanese females have a much higher pitch than that. The pitches of the Shinobi Team is indeed slightly higher, which shows they're younger and more free-spirited than their Samurai counterparts.
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1498757)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Is it just me, or does Tweedie the Derpy Bird sound female?

Okay, so it was me. Thanks, Jelze! ;)
Re: Transformers Go! Preview Footage from Tokyo Toy Show (1498760)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 28th, 2013 @ 4:37pm CDT
optibot360 wrote:This could be a legit cartoon series.

It is a legit cartoon series. ;) Exclusive to Japan, as far as we know.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem