Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Go! Screen Shots

Transformers News: Transformers Go! Screen Shots

Saturday, July 6th, 2013 3:17PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 16,096

Hobbybase has posted many screen shots from the first episode of Transformers Go! These screen shots feature many Predacons in their first animated appearances. Check out the screen shot below.

Credit(s): Hobbybase

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501162)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on July 6th, 2013 @ 3:54pm CDT
I'm kinda confused.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501163)
Posted by RAcast on July 6th, 2013 @ 3:58pm CDT
KirbyForce1 wrote:I'm kinda confused.

What about?

Transformers Go! is comparable to Beast Wars II/Neo, it's a filler series that takes place in an existing time frame and universe.

Basically, Go! is going to take place after (presumably) the end of TF:Prime Beast Hunters.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501166)
Posted by Mkall on July 6th, 2013 @ 4:14pm CDT
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501180)
Posted by Neurie on July 6th, 2013 @ 5:40pm CDT

Or perhaps I misread something with that Japanese preview show.

Either way looks fun.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501187)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 6th, 2013 @ 6:02pm CDT

Ehhh, I would have thought the Pred's would be smaller, but it looks like they're going for Gojira scale! :roll:
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501192)
Posted by RAcast on July 6th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
Neurie wrote:I thought Transformers Go was a parallel universe with TF Prime Optimus talking to the Go Autobots through a Transwarp communicator?

Or perhaps I misread something with that Japanese preview show.

Either way looks fun.

Or that! I honestly hadn't heard any plot details previously, my bad!
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501195)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 6th, 2013 @ 6:24pm CDT
I can't help but think of Energon and Cybertron, where the TFs are so ridiculously toy-accurate they lack that certain amount of life you get when you take some artistic licenses. Plus the whole CG robots in a traditionally animated world.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501196)
Posted by ausbot on July 6th, 2013 @ 6:25pm CDT
I really hope this gets translated into English, it looks interesting.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501209)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2013 @ 7:10pm CDT
There's always something interesting posted whenever I'm work.

Mkall wrote:I hope it gets subbed soon. It looks cool. I'm sure the story will be pretty campy and formulaic, but it would still be a fun way to kill some time.
I hope so too. We just need to find a fansubbing group willing to get it subbed.

Or perhaps I misread something with that Japanese preview show.

Either way looks fun.
LOLwut? :lol:

It's set after Beast Hunters.

Basically, after the Autobots of Team Prime defeat Dragotron (Predaking), they have to leave Earth to fight other Predacons scattered across the cosmos. However, there still remain some other Predacons running amok on Earth, these being the Oni Army Predacons. Since Team Prime is offworld, Optimus assigns two teams of new Autobots, the Swordbot Samurai Team and the Swordbot Shinobi Team, to deal with these Earthbound Predacons.

ausbot wrote:I really hope this gets translated into English, it looks interesting.
Doubtful. Best we can hope for is a fansubbed version.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501243)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 6th, 2013 @ 9:15pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Looks interesting, but the back and forth between traditional animation and CG is a little jarring. I understand human characters as traditional, but why is Optimus non-CG in that last pic??? :???:

Oh you, mentioning Gojira because we are talking about something Japanese :P
Are they not standard size? The big guy in the top pic is...OK still don't know his name, but it's the re-paint of Abominus. Combiners mean big, right? So fair play

Those are not high rises the rest of them stand just a head taller than, they are normal houses, so I guess they are about as tall as Prime/ megatron would be. Not giants on the scale of Kaiju.

And Optimus is CG in that pic, it's cel shading like the rest. Although he does look different to the others. Maybe a lower quality model since he doesn't do that much?
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501251)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2013 @ 9:41pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Are they not standard size? The big guy in the top pic is...OK still don't know his name, but it's the re-paint of Abominus.
Goradora.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501261)
Posted by Heckfire on July 6th, 2013 @ 10:14pm CDT
That blank stare on Op's face in the last pic, like he just looked at the episode and is just "What."

...grammar. I has it.

Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501262)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2013 @ 10:24pm CDT
Heckfire wrote:EDIT: Huh...the disk in the 8th screenie looks kinda like the top of the data-disk forms of the FOC Deployers. Wonder if they're gonna be in the series?
That's a Legendisc. They're designed to look kinda like the Generations Data Discs.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501263)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 6th, 2013 @ 10:26pm CDT
Speaking of Optimus: I can't help but see Animated Optimus Prime's disturbed face when he learned how humans reproduce when I see that blank stare of Prime Optimus Prime's.

I mean, seriously.

Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501269)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2013 @ 11:26pm CDT
Episode 1 video clips, unsubbed Japanese raw:

This video looks like it could be either a promo for the show or the opening, but it uses the wrong audio. The song is the second season opening to the Tokusatu series Ryukendo, instead of the actual theme song for this series. - http://nicoviewer.net/sm21234208

Revival/awakening of the Oni Army Predacons - http://nicoviewer.net/sm21266053

Predacons attack Isami and his grandfather, trying to steal a Legendisc - http://nicoviewer.net/sm21266107

Budora and Gaidora transform - http://nicoviewer.net/sm21239976

Swordbot Samurai Team members all Sanjou Gattai and fight Goradora, Budora, and Gaidora - http://nicoviewer.net/sm21254859
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501273)
Posted by rockman_fan on July 7th, 2013 @ 12:06am CDT
im getting horrible flashbacks to RID. and energon :SICK:
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501280)
Posted by That Bot on July 7th, 2013 @ 1:39am CDT
Full episode. I think. I haven't actually watched it yet, I'm not bored enough.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501330)
Posted by optibot360 on July 7th, 2013 @ 10:04am CDT
That Bot wrote:http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/BQFI_9W_dNU/
Full episode. I think. I haven't actually watched it yet, I'm not bored enough.

Wtf did I just watch?
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501350)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 7th, 2013 @ 11:45am CDT
Just skimmed through, I could really get into a show of this style. Makes me want to watch Cybertron again, haha. Wish I could understand what they were saying though.

Oh, and Optimus literally doesn't move, hence his 2D appearance.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501372)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 7th, 2013 @ 12:55pm CDT
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501414)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2013 @ 3:03pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Just finished watching it. Definitely harkens back to Cybertron/Galaxy Force's way of animation. Only thing that bothers me is the fact that the robots' mouths don't move when they speak.
So they speak like Tokusatsu characters whose actor faces are covered?

I could see this becoming a running gag among the fandom. :lol:
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501418)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2013 @ 3:29pm CDT
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501423)
Posted by DTR69 on July 7th, 2013 @ 4:13pm CDT
We are at a ime now where the toys look like how the designer intended them to, so as long as oversized hinges and screws are not included in the cg models then I'm happy for them to be as accurate as possible. But I get what you mean, some are taken a little to literaly but I think you'll find that there is actualy alot of artistic alterations especialy with proportions. Also this is animation so what you will find is that some alterations are done for cutting corners. I hate it when robots have human muscle lines in there designs, especialy for hands and mouths as they are complicated or parts that have complex movements, and artists are used to drawing people rather than robots. Robots are not like humans who have similar designs, each robot has a unique style, one might have and angular mouth which uses a different methos altogether from another character.
But these are cg models, and that means, they are re-usable, so onc ethe mouth has been designed and the movement sussed, then its just a matter of re using the same action, and from whatever angle you want. It also means that models used to create the toys can also be used for animation, obviously tweaked, and there would be alot of tweaking that probaly goes unoticed, but there will be alot, but there is no reason why the toy models would not be used to help create the animation models, and that's probaly the main reason why they look so much like the toys, and that's a good and a bad thing. I hate the toys for this universe anyway so I don't like the animation, but for those who like the toys as long as any details that weren't right in the toy are sorted for the animation then it;'s good.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501432)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 7th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
Watched the whole thing, and yeah, big toy commercial right there. Already all three combined forms introduced, lots of sudden events that normally should not be possible... All because some kid threw a small pebble in a big crater, what could possibly go wrong? :lol:
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501433)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 7th, 2013 @ 4:40pm CDT
Did you guys see when the kid was scanning alt modes that the fire truck he scanned was RiD Optimus Prime? I knew Go and RiD were linked! ;)
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501435)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
Episode 1 -

Huh, no intro theme song. Just a title card with the series logo and episode name.

Wonder if Predaking getting buried alive here coincide in any manner with his fate in TF: Prime. Though, from her on out, I'll be referring to him by his Japanese name of "Dragotron".

Interesting how all the Oni Army Predacons just happen to be located in such close proximity to each other in Japan.

Well, that was quick. Optimus wastes no time detecting the Predacons awakening. Or detecting six more, newer signals.

And here's our new human pal, Isami Tatewaki, who practices Kendo. Heh, his grandfather looks kinda like Dr. Wily from the Mega Man games. He also seems a bit on the strict energetic side. :lol:

Incoming Budora and Gaidora. I knew this episode was short, but it's really more fast-paced than I expected.

They've come to steal the Tatewaki Family's sacred mirror, which is in fact a Legendisc. Isami's grandfather refers to the Preds first as "monsters" ("bakemono") and then as "Oni".

Gaidora transformed his Beast Mode claw into his Robot Mode hand with a flash of light to properly grab the Legendisc. What's more is that this can be replicated with the toy.

Run, Isami! Run! Keep the disc away from them!

Toy-accurate transformations.

I can't help but find the Preds' lack of any and all facial movement when speaking (meaning, their mouths don't move at all) cheesy as all get out. :lol:

Whoa! The Legendisc is responding to Isami's outrage at the Predacons threatening to kill some children if he doesn't han over the disc, and it's using him as a vessel to scan new altmodes for the Samurai Team. What's more is that the fire truck he looks at/scans is similar to the one that Fire Convoy/Optimus Prime from Car Robots/RiD turned into.

The Swordbots have arrived!

"Kenzan!" "Jinbu!" "Ganoh!" "Swordbot Samurai Team!"

Oh, so that's what the Japanese Abominus Predacons are. Gaidora used a matter alteration ability to turn five nearby automobiles into "Yami no Jaki" (Evil spirits of darkness), who will combine in a "Jaki Gattai" (Jaki Combination) to form Goradora.

Kenzan has a skill-based fighting style, Jinbu's is based on speed, and Ganoh's is based on power.

Goradora is a BIG dude. This is why I want the new upscaled Predacon toys of Twinstrike, Windrazor, and their buddies to be able to combine into a large Abominus; so that it can be redecoed into a large Goradora. The Cyberverse toy is just too small to fight the Swordbot toys on a proper scale.

Isami's pleas to the Legendisc activate it to grant the Samurai Team the ability to combine.

"Sanjō Gattai! GoKenzan!"

GoKenzan quickly decombines Goradora with his attack, but Gaidora forcefully recombines Goradora, who attacks more swiftly. The Swordbots switch to GoJinbu, who defeats the villain yet again. Agitated, Gaidora reforms Goradora again and has him attack more brutally. To compensate, the Bots switch to GoGanoh, who, predictably, overpowers Goradora. They then go back to GoKenzan who promptly slays the monster for good, and then goes in for Gaidora and Budora (were they seriously just standing there watching the whole time?).

And suddenly, we're in the past. Feudal Japan, where two armies prepare to face each other. To everyone's surprise, each army is possesses a Legendisc! The one Isami still carries glows and brings them back to the present. Was that just a vision, or an actual temporal displacement of our heroes? Even they are unsure.

The Bots thank "Isami-dono" for their new lease on life, and explain that they are to fight against the Predacons, for they are the Super Robot Lifeforms known as "Transformers".

That night, at his home, Isami gets a call from, apparently, his friend, Tobio, who says that he too is involved in the fight, and shows us a quick look at his own Autobot allies, the Swordbot Shinobi Team. Naturally, Isami is overwhelmed by all that has transpired.

The ending theme has a nice ring to it. No lyrics, though.

Overall, a quick, fun, fast-paced, almost no-nonsense story that, while nothing special, was largely harmless and intriguing enough. Though the battle felt pretty predictable and a little awkward. Namely in that Gaidora pretty much emulates a Pokemon Trainer in commanding the Yami no Jaki and forming them into Goradora, rather than actually partaking in the fight at all. And Budora did even less, just standing there in the background the whole time and being all forgotten until Goradora's final defeat. The switching between combinations was an obvious attempt at toy advertisement, but such is to expected from as toyetic a franchise as Transformers. And while many may be put off by the complete and utter lack of any kind of facial expressions from the robots, I wasn't bothered by it too much. All in all, I'll look forward to more and hope for a fansubbed release.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501436)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 7th, 2013 @ 5:09pm CDT
Yeah, I also caught that Robots in Disguise/Car Robots-like firetruck.
Re: Transformers Go! Screen Shots (1501877)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 9th, 2013 @ 11:28am CDT
Early fansubbed version available to download from TFRaw owner Walruslaw:

There are some editorial errors in the script, though, which Walruslaw has been made aware of.

To any who understand Japanese around here, any help in thinking of better translations/wordings of the Samurai Team's personal titles and special attacks would be greatly appreciated. :D
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok