Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order

Transformers News: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order

Sunday, April 20th, 2014 7:55AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,491

We reported the Amazon listing of the IDW Publishing Transformers: Phase Two Hardcover collection, but we now have news of its antecedent Phase One paperback! Check out the listing here, though still lacking a cover image, and read on below for details on what will be included in this mammoth book, priced at $21.34 (discounted from $29.99 RRP).

Phase One collects the first three arcs of IDW's Transformers continuity, Infiltration, Escalation, and Devastation, written by longtime TF scribe Simon Furman, with art by E.J. Su, Nick Roche, and Robby Musso.

Paperback: 404 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (September 16, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1631401130
ISBN-13: 978-1631401138
Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1566791)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2014 @ 8:35am CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1566867)
Posted by Darth Jumpy on April 20th, 2014 @ 3:47pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Paperback?! Why didn't they do this with the Phase 1 volumes? That could have said me some money.

I may be misunderstanding something here, but isn't that what this article is about? The Phase 1 collections are now coming out in paperback.

I still think I'll pick up the hardcover versions though. The few volumes I already own are quite nice.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1566872)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Darth Jumpy wrote:

I mean, for the paperbacks of the hardcovers that originally came out. Thuis one contains only Infiltration, Escalation, and Devastation. The original hardcover volumes utilized a "suggested reading order" that kept those three particuler mini-series mostly separate and space out between Spotlights and other mini-series like Stormbringer.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1566879)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 20th, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
I like the cover art, it's great just like the previous HCs. And I would like it along with the others as posters or something.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572117)
Posted by Stormrider on May 7th, 2014 @ 9:45pm CDT
How are people feeling about getting this series. I love MTMTE reviews. Are the RiD comics good enough to buy this? Or am I better off buying the TBP editions of MTMTE?
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572125)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 7th, 2014 @ 10:09pm CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572130)
Posted by Stormrider on May 7th, 2014 @ 10:39pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Storm, IMHO, the early run of RID was better than the concurrent issues of MTMTE (the early run being anything before Starscream banishes the Autobots and Decepticons). So I think this would be worth your while, if you're into somewhat political thrillers.

Thanks.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572152)
Posted by craggy on May 8th, 2014 @ 3:17am CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572194)
Posted by Stormrider on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:31am CDT
craggy wrote:i've always liked MTMTE more, but the early RID was pretty good. I found myself enjoying it less as it went on though, so glad they've changed it up for the new seasons.

Are the later RID comics too slow and little action, or is the story line choppy, or something else?
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572201)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:38am CDT
Stormrider wrote:

There's a lot of magic hand-waving and not really satisfying explanations for what happens. And Megatron is brought back in an unfortunately disappointing manner, too.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572233)
Posted by daningotham on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Nerv103 wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Has anyone noticed the preorder for this is $5 more than Vol 1 - 8?

It is about the same as The Star Date Collection Volume 2 for Star Trek that comes out in April.
Something similar happened with the 6th volume of the Transformers: Classics TPBs and the upcoming 7th Volume. Volumes 1-5 were $24.99, while volumes 6 and 7 are $29.99. despite their being no bigger than 1-5. I blame the economy.

I'm actually reading those Classics volumes right now. They are great. I'm half way through volume 5 and already have volume 6. Looking forward to volume 7 in June. Then I will read Regen One and the Gen 2 stuff. Then I'm thinking of reading the UK series.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572329)
Posted by craggy on May 8th, 2014 @ 3:39pm CDT
the UK g1 series is my favourite of the old stuff. Did a re-read of the UK Comics recently, and ended up just skipping most of the US originated stuff, because it was getting painful to force my way through it
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1654089)
Posted by Va'al on February 21st, 2015 @ 7:54am CST
A new listing has appeared on online retailer Amazon.com, for the August 2015 release of the second volume of the IDW Publishing Transformers Phase Two! Volume one, you might remember, ended with RID and MTMTE #5 - the second book not only starts where the previous left us, but includes Dark Prelude Spotlights Trailcutter, Hoist and Orion Pax, plus the entire Autocracy run, and is currently priced at $49.99. No cover has been shown, but one might suspect Sarah Stone will be back for this hardcover too.

Before Optimus was Prime, before Megatron became a conqueror, they stood against Autocracy! Plus, spotlights featuring Trailcutter, Hoist, and Orion Pax. And the Dinobots are back! Volume 2 of The IDW Collection Phase Two collects the Autocracy mini-series, Spotlights: Trailcutter and Hoist, Robots In Disguise issues #7-9, More Than Meets the Eye issues #6-8, and Spotlight: Orion Pax.

Product Details

Hardcover: 332 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (August 4, 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1631403648
ISBN-13: 978-1631403644
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1654135)
Posted by daningotham on February 21st, 2015 @ 9:56am CST
Sweet! I will get that for sure.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1654149)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2015 @ 10:22am CST
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1654194)
Posted by Va'al on February 21st, 2015 @ 11:35am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Interesting selection they've included in this one. I presume Volume 3 might contain Monstrosity?

Probably, yes. I'd expect them to just keep them running in this order from here onwards. :-?
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1654529)
Posted by Henry921 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 2:42am CST
Meh. I hate that they broke up Dark Prelude in half. It defeats the whole "Metroplex is tied into these characters" theme the original TPB had going for it (albeit tangentially in Hoist's case). Other than that, seems fair enough.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1671685)
Posted by Va'al on April 6th, 2015 @ 5:30am CDT
We had already seen the glorious Sarah Stone cover art for the IDW Publishing Transformers Phase Two Volume 1 hardcover collection a long while back, and we did report on the Amazon listing for the second volume in the series - but we now finally have the cover reveal from the listing, with a sadfaced Bumblebee crowning the front of the book! Refresh your memory on the contents below, now at $44.99, and check out the little bot that could, too.

Product Details

Hardcover: 332 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (August 4, 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1631403648
ISBN-13: 978-1631403644

Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1671706)
Posted by daningotham on April 6th, 2015 @ 7:42am CDT
Awesome, I will be getting this for sure.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1672060)
Posted by padfoo on April 6th, 2015 @ 8:03pm CDT
Dare say cute, he looks like a pouting 6 year old. :lol:
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1672169)
Posted by Sustain on April 7th, 2015 @ 12:08am CDT
Being that I have them already. I think I'll still get this. I'm feeling it will be an easier read, and I don't have to finger print my paperbacks.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1672202)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 7th, 2015 @ 2:59am CDT
I love the covers of these collections, and the colours on this one pop so incredibly well too.

Sarah Stone is a fantastic artist, I like her art almost as much as I do EJ Sue's.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #117 - Block Town