Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order

Transformers News: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order

Sunday, April 20th, 2014 7:55AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,152

We reported the Amazon listing of the IDW Publishing Transformers: Phase Two Hardcover collection, but we now have news of its antecedent Phase One paperback! Check out the listing here, though still lacking a cover image, and read on below for details on what will be included in this mammoth book, priced at $21.34 (discounted from $29.99 RRP).

Phase One collects the first three arcs of IDW's Transformers continuity, Infiltration, Escalation, and Devastation, written by longtime TF scribe Simon Furman, with art by E.J. Su, Nick Roche, and Robby Musso.

Paperback: 404 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (September 16, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1631401130
ISBN-13: 978-1631401138
Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1566791)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2014 @ 8:35am CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1566867)
Posted by Darth Jumpy on April 20th, 2014 @ 3:47pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Paperback?! Why didn't they do this with the Phase 1 volumes? That could have said me some money.

I may be misunderstanding something here, but isn't that what this article is about? The Phase 1 collections are now coming out in paperback.

I still think I'll pick up the hardcover versions though. The few volumes I already own are quite nice.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1566872)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Darth Jumpy wrote:

I mean, for the paperbacks of the hardcovers that originally came out. Thuis one contains only Infiltration, Escalation, and Devastation. The original hardcover volumes utilized a "suggested reading order" that kept those three particuler mini-series mostly separate and space out between Spotlights and other mini-series like Stormbringer.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1566879)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 20th, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
I like the cover art, it's great just like the previous HCs. And I would like it along with the others as posters or something.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572117)
Posted by Stormrider on May 7th, 2014 @ 9:45pm CDT
How are people feeling about getting this series. I love MTMTE reviews. Are the RiD comics good enough to buy this? Or am I better off buying the TBP editions of MTMTE?
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572125)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 7th, 2014 @ 10:09pm CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572130)
Posted by Stormrider on May 7th, 2014 @ 10:39pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Storm, IMHO, the early run of RID was better than the concurrent issues of MTMTE (the early run being anything before Starscream banishes the Autobots and Decepticons). So I think this would be worth your while, if you're into somewhat political thrillers.

Thanks.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572152)
Posted by craggy on May 8th, 2014 @ 3:17am CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572194)
Posted by Stormrider on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:31am CDT
craggy wrote:i've always liked MTMTE more, but the early RID was pretty good. I found myself enjoying it less as it went on though, so glad they've changed it up for the new seasons.

Are the later RID comics too slow and little action, or is the story line choppy, or something else?
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572201)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:38am CDT
Stormrider wrote:

There's a lot of magic hand-waving and not really satisfying explanations for what happens. And Megatron is brought back in an unfortunately disappointing manner, too.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572233)
Posted by daningotham on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Nerv103 wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Has anyone noticed the preorder for this is $5 more than Vol 1 - 8?

It is about the same as The Star Date Collection Volume 2 for Star Trek that comes out in April.
Something similar happened with the 6th volume of the Transformers: Classics TPBs and the upcoming 7th Volume. Volumes 1-5 were $24.99, while volumes 6 and 7 are $29.99. despite their being no bigger than 1-5. I blame the economy.

I'm actually reading those Classics volumes right now. They are great. I'm half way through volume 5 and already have volume 6. Looking forward to volume 7 in June. Then I will read Regen One and the Gen 2 stuff. Then I'm thinking of reading the UK series.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase One Paperback Pre-Order (1572329)
Posted by craggy on May 8th, 2014 @ 3:39pm CDT
the UK g1 series is my favourite of the old stuff. Did a re-read of the UK Comics recently, and ended up just skipping most of the US originated stuff, because it was getting painful to force my way through it
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys