Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview

Transformers News: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview

Friday, May 28th, 2010 3:21AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 31,177

The first issue of the four part mini-series Transformers: Ironhide found Ironhide seemingly abandoned on Cybertron. Thanks to PREVIEWS, we've got a sneak peek at Issue #2. Ironhide was killed in Transformers (Ongoing) in the first issue, so what does this all lead to? Check out a snippet of the preview and the comic's description below!

Stranded on modern-day Cybertron, Ironhide discovers he's the only functioning life-form on the planet. Oh, except for the Swarm. So things could be going better. Much better. It’s times like these that Ironhide would much rather be rusting in a scrap pile. Writer Mike Costa continues to put the fallen (now resurrected?) Autobot through some strange paces, with stunning art by Casey Coller.

Item Code: APR100349
Title: Transformers: Ironhide #2
Price: SRP: $3.99

Transformers: Ironhide #2 will be at your comics store this upcoming Wednesday, June 2nd.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): PREVIEWS

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079543)
Posted by Heavy B on May 28th, 2010 @ 6:05am CDT
wait, WHY is ironhide on cybertron. wtf is going on
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079548)
Posted by Vectorshot on May 28th, 2010 @ 6:36am CDT
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079551)
Posted by Heavy B on May 28th, 2010 @ 6:58am CDT
Vectorshot wrote:The art looks great!!! However there had better be a REALLY COOL, and plausible reason why this dude is back from the dead. Hey was that Outback that tried to kill Dragstrip?

sure looks like him. yes
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079568)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:41am CDT
I see they're going to continue obscuring the point of the story. Pass.
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079580)
Posted by DTR69 on May 28th, 2010 @ 9:13am CDT
Thats not Ironhide back from the dead thats Bruce Forsyth or Jay Leno. I don't like the art, the faces look to organic. I don't know if anyone has seen red dwarf but theres a cyborg who has prosthetics on someone dressed up and has a square chin etc, this looks the same, the actual bots look kool, if a little boxy. I know it's G1 and G1 is inherintlently boxy, but that was mainly due to cost restrictions with the toys, look at some of the art we have had, which has brouht g1 to life.

Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079600)
Posted by YoImLegend on May 28th, 2010 @ 10:55am CDT
DTR69 wrote:Thats not Ironhide back from the dead thats Bruce Forsyth or Jay Leno.

I don't think Ironhide is back from the dead eaither, but not quite in your sarcastic cynical way.

Anyone think this like Ironhide's rite of passage into death?? I know he's supposed to find some huge secret that pertains to the entire universe, but maybe that's part of this passage...

Thoughts??
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079659)
Posted by Blurrz on May 28th, 2010 @ 12:48pm CDT
MatchTheyIgnite wrote:

Thoughts??

That's an interesting way to look at it. I think you're on to something, we'll find out in the long run...
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079685)
Posted by YoImLegend on May 28th, 2010 @ 1:40pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
MatchTheyIgnite wrote:

Thoughts??

Thanks! You know, I was gonna wait for the trade on this one, as I usually do with anything that's not a spotlight or an ongoing (or lsotw #5), but when I realized this, it sort of made me want to go pick up issue 1 and just follow through the series until the end. Actually, I think I'll head over to the shop now and pick up that along with Mystery Society 1.
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079715)
Posted by Ember on May 28th, 2010 @ 3:30pm CDT
So when does it really come out because June 5th is a Saturday.
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079765)
Posted by Straken on May 28th, 2010 @ 7:07pm CDT
DTR69 wrote:Has anyone thought of writting a comic where there is a story that continues from one comic to the next. The story is contained within that series of comic and you don't have to buy another series to read the rest of the story. Why do I have to do research in what order I should read other comics to find ot what is going on. Why should I invest time into reading a comic, if the story I'm reading isn't going to go anywhere or mean anything the next time I byuy the following comic. It was bad enough when dreamwave dropped transformers and that story was dropped, now it's just a free for all

OMG!how ignorant can you get!"why should I invest time"so every time someone publishes a scientific essay,they've got to spell out the entire periodic table for ya?everytime a news article about a celebrity gets smeared across the front page you need a in-depth biography?not to mention they're a profit making company who WANT you to buy more of their comics...just maybe?oh and 'reserch' and 'invest'?is your time more important than everybody elses?if you got the time to sit around reading comics you definately got time to do 'reserch' as you put it,sorry I'm in a bad mood,but christ almighty!get over yourself!
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079769)
Posted by Random on May 28th, 2010 @ 7:53pm CDT
Ember wrote:So when does it really come out because June 5th is a Saturday.

Seconded? I was thinking more in the line of 6/2/10? Anyone have a definite on this?
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079777)
Posted by medabotsoundwave on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:32pm CDT
straken, dude, stop. Just cause youre mad doesnt mean you have to take it out on someone who actually makes sense. DTR69, you're right cause honestly, i hate most of the IDW comics. Dreamwave had it right, with great art and story, not to mention regular ongoing-ish series. i mean, Devastation wasnt continued in a -tion series like its been, but in All Hail Megatron. Then that continues into Ongoing. Cant it just be a big ongoing series, not one-shots? and the art is really making me mad, especially with Don's zombie faces for Ongoing and EJ Su's bad art for one of the newest ongoing issues. Im not impressed with IDW's comics, personally. and really, the world doesnt revolve around me, and like i said im not impressed.
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079786)
Posted by ImperiaxPrime on May 28th, 2010 @ 8:55pm CDT
MatchTheyIgnite wrote:

I don't think Ironhide is back from the dead eaither...

Anyone think this like Ironhide's rite of passage into death?? Thoughts??

He seems confused as to why Cybertron is a wasteland, even though he was here with the other Autobots during AHM and presumably around when Thunderwing originally had his meltdown. Now, I haven't picked up the first issue of this book, but I can only suspect that this is not the same Ironhide we've been dealing with. A duplicate perhaps whose memories only go up to a certain point. Maybe it was activated when the real Ironhide was terminated. Kind of a blend of Cylons and the recent Kandorian story arc in Smallville. Maybe it's from another timeline all together and crossed over to this one like in the Collector's Club stories. If any of the above turns out to be true, I'll be disappointed. Unoriginal bastards.

Having said that, I am curious as to where they are going with this. I may pick this up in it's collected form.
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079814)
Posted by Mechas8n on May 28th, 2010 @ 11:13pm CDT
You know what I think. Its going to turn out that this isn't actually cybertron. Ironhide is still dead and this is just a mental construct where the autobots go when they die. Hes going to encounter Sunstreaker and when they touch he will flash back to his memories of his time spent the Island. Then at the end, All of the Autobots will meet up in a church where...no...wait...I've got confused again, haven't I?
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079880)
Posted by DTR69 on May 29th, 2010 @ 6:31am CDT
Straken wrote:

LOL Yeah whats wrong with me. I actually don't have the time to read them. I read what others have to say about them. I stopped collecting TPBs as it was getting confusing. I never read indiviual comics as I forget the story by the next release, I have to do it in one go. I'm familiar with comics merging story arcs as in the Marvel Universe [this is all well thought out in advance]. But now I have to do it with TPBs as there are so many indvidual stories which are actually parts explaining wholes in current and past stories, that it's all getting to much. I just want to sit down and read from A-B and it all make sense. So far I haven't read anything thats had any impact and the art is uninspiring. The art is the main reason, since dreamwave raised the bar and showed us a whole new world if you like, I was happy to buy the books, jus for the art. But now I have nothing but confusion, and it's has put me right off buying anymore. They could at least have clearly marked or numbered the spin offs, so you are aware. You even have to investigate whether or not you need to buy a particular spotlight, as I've never seen them direct you that a story piece is in a particular spin off. I maybe wrong as it has been a while now. But I feel it's bad for sales as people don't knw what they are buying. And you shouldn't have to research to see if you should buy something you thought you never needed. Comics that you thought you never needed find you, not the other way.
Re: Transformers: Ironhide #2 Six Page Preview (1079983)
Posted by Hairball178 on May 29th, 2010 @ 1:40pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:

sure looks like him. yes

I think it may be Fastback from Megatron: Origin.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014