Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon

Transformers News: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon

Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 4:11PM CST

Categories: Game News, Media
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 25,407

Our friends at DeNA and Mobage have sent us information and artwork about the new episode of the Transformers: Legends game, out today and running until November 12th! Find out more about the Golden Lagoon episode below, and take a look at the exclusive artwork.

Transformers News: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon

This week in TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS…

In this episode, blasters alone may not be enough to decide the outcome of the battle.

When Beachcomber discovers a Golden Lagoon he soon learns that its mysterious Electrum renders the Transformers invulnerable. The Decepticon Thrust, who was chasing Beachcomber down also stumbles upon this Golden Lagoon. He quickly jumps in and emerges completely covered in Electrum.

Soon the other Decepticons follow and Megatron believes the time for final victory over the Autobots is near. In an attempt to even the odds in favor of the Autobots, Omega Supreme believes he can crush the Decepticons with his superior firepower only to be quickly defeated by his now invulnerable enemies.

After their victory over Omega Supreme, the Decepticons set out to destroy the Autobots once and for all, only to find that Autobot headquarters has been deserted. Quickly realizing where the Autobots have gone, Megatron rushes back to the Golden Lagoon and finds his adversaries covered in Electrum. With both sides rendered invulnerable the upcoming battle will be one of terrible destruction.

The Golden Lagoon episode allows players to battle and capture three of the Autobots and offers a leaderboard reward:

· Boss Easy Campaign: Beachcomber

· Boss Medium Campaign: Sideswipe

· Boss Hard Campaign: Jazz

· Leaderboard Reward: Ironhide

Play the Episode Now

To play the new episode today, running until November 12th, download TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android devices for free at: http://mobage.com/games/TRANSFORMERS-LEGENDS
Credit(s): DeNA, Mobage

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1528328)
Posted by Down_Shift on November 6th, 2013 @ 8:28pm CST
The hell is going on with Skywarps gun/guns?

He has an obviously large classics style launcher with a tiny normal arm cannon attached to the bigger gun.

It looks... very odd.
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1528357)
Posted by That Bot on November 6th, 2013 @ 11:32pm CST
Okay, I'm still kinda new at this. Is there a good way to farm campaign events for useful materials? I'm not getting energon recharges for battling bosses so I can't level too fast, which means I can only get a few cubes a day. What's the trick to this one?

EDIT: Okay so you get like 3 Energon recharges every other point reward tier. 'Course those get farther and farther between as you go along so it's going to be a rush of Energon at the start and then fewer towards the end. Because they want you to pay to get the high cards. Natch. Don't know why I delude myself that they care about their free audience. Although...
I seem to be having crazy good luck with the nets in this event. Normally it's about a 30% capture rate, this time I'd estimate I've captured 70% of the enemies I've faced. I even managed to net Beachcomber on the first try. Is anybody else having this kind of success?
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1528373)
Posted by Burn on November 7th, 2013 @ 2:48am CST
Trust me, the success diminishes at higher levels and you become more dependant on the energon chains, which you're expected to buy.

This style is good for just building up resources (transmetals, battle cubes, energon recharges) for the last type of episode.
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1528381)
Posted by That Bot on November 7th, 2013 @ 3:53am CST
It does seem I spoke too soon. My catch rate averaged back out to about 10% when I started keeping track. While I definitely had a good streak at first, it wasn't a 70% rate. It's okay, I can and have gotten all these cards through the space bridge. Only reason to try to get them here is points, and I don't care enough about points to buy a ton of chains for R3 and R2 cards. I'll reserve my chains for the Evolve Jazz, and come back and snag Sideswipe if I have time. Though I do need to get one last Beachcomber card to MEM that set. I do enjoy Evolve cards, and I'm okay spending the money on chains to nab enough to MEM them. I did it in End of the Road with all 3 bosses.
So back to my previous question, any tips on farming? Do I just attack when I've got my hourly cubes to build up resources? Was spending a bunch of Energon recharges on blitzing through the Easy and Medium campaigns in the first 10 hours not a good idea? :P (that answer is probably self-explanatory) I've been losing and gaining at about the same rate. Towards the end of EOTR, I didn't make it to the Hard tier until about day 4, so I was wasting energon and cubes on enemies I couldn't guarantee a win against to try to get my 4 Getaway cards before the event ran out. Though I hear some of the higher level Hard areas are good for farming once you get there.

(I apologize for my thoughts being a bit disjointed, I'm half asking, half just talking, and also it's nearly 5 AM)
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1528951)
Posted by That Bot on November 9th, 2013 @ 10:26pm CST
Well, I'm at a loss. I've got all 4 Jazz cards, in the process of fully evolving him. I've also got a max evolved Beachcomber kicking around, waiting to be maxed. He probably won't stay in my deck long after this event, but I like evolution cards. Still. I'm not sure what else to do to take advantage of this event. I can't get much higher than H6, at H7 I cannot reliably 2-cube the battles, and even in H6 or H5 I would lose on 2 cubes if they struck first because of paltry defense. Also it takes about 6 or 7 cubes to take down the level boss, and I'm sure it only gets higher. Even if I was able to set up receiving my hourly cube, burning it on the final level battle to unlock Jazz, and then doing a few quick scans to level up and get my 3 cubes, I would still lose 3 or 4 in the process as a result. I'm down to about 25 cubes, I think I started with 40 and rose to 90 in the first few days. My deck power is 12,422, we'll see what it falls to when the attack bonuses on Jazz and Beachcomber wear off. I was going through M5 with the goal of netting Sideswipe for the hell of it, but even though it's not a drain on my cubes like the harder levels, it's unrewarding because of the low catch rate on nets. I'm not sure it's worth the energon recharges going through M5 all those times when the odds of netting the boss are low and the point rewards on battles don't make a dent in my total. So what should I do? Just try to do a little cube/point/medal farming on the lower Hard levels? Keep chasing Sideswipe? Any recommendations? I've only got 37 episode medals and 44 weapon medals left from this event, obviously I'm past the peak rewarding period. I've got 705 ruby medals to burn, should I try to save up for two guaranteed Thrusts and hope for a pair or try my luck on the 75 bridge? Is Thrust worth it? I'm sure Dirge won't be worthwhile in the long run, but I'd rather at least use the medals.
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1529608)
Posted by El Duque on November 13th, 2013 @ 10:39pm CST
DeNA has announced the latest episode in their Transformers: Legends mobile device game, "Espionage". Click here to download the app and join "The battle of the beats"!

[quote]Who will come out on top in this dangerous battle of undercover musical maestros and gain access to near limitless Energon? Find out in this Espionage episode of TRANSFORMERS: Legends. Play Now: http://moba.ge/TRANSFORMERSLegends[/quote]

Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1529622)
Posted by That Bot on November 13th, 2013 @ 11:42pm CST
Can't really join it until their servers go back up. The app now says they've postponed the event until tomorrow (today, presumably) because of the extensive maintenance they're doing. Also the blog says this is a PVP event, so it looks like Ghost in the Machine was just an anomaly for Halloween and we're back on normal Raid->Campaign->PVP->Raid rotation.

Let's talk hauls. I nabbed a complete Beachcomber with weapon and two complete Jazz sets with weapons. I did three pulls on the 400 ruby bridge and got three Thrust bot cards, so no MTM pair there. I finished in low Tier 3 and scored an Elite Starscream pair and two R5 Ironhide cards. I don't like that I'll never complete him, but he'll still probably top my deck until login Elita One gets to second or third stage. Elite Starscream probably won't make my deck, but I'll hold onto him because I need more strong decepticons for decepticon bonus events. Also, I somehow just found out about that R5 Sky Lynx you can get by friending new players and letting them get up to level 8. Pretty sly way to get people to pester their friends to sign up, mobage. I'll have to see what I can do on that front.
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533305)
Posted by El Duque on December 4th, 2013 @ 3:22pm CST
DeNA has announced the next episode in the Transformers: Legends mobile device game, "Survival of the Fittest". This episode involves characters from the fan favorite Transformers Beast Wars series. Check out the additional info and promo image below:

[quote]Our new episode "Beast Wars" will pit Megatron and his Predacon forces against Optimus Primal and his Maximals! Animal savagery meets mechanical might in this brutal battle for dominance!

Beast Wars Episode Achievements

Take down specific “Beast Wars” level 8 bosses and earn special rewards! These items will be gifted to all participants that complete these achievements after the end of the event!

• Players who participate in taking down the 1st Rattrap lvl 8 will receive a 100 Transmetal package!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 100th Rattrap lvl 8 will receive a 200 Transmetal package!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1000th Rattrap lvl 8 will receive a 300 Transmetal package!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1st Cheetor lvl 8 will receive Scorponok’s Bot/Alt cards!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 100th Cheetor lvl 8 will receive Scorponok’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1000th Cheetor lvl 8 will receive Scorponok’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards and 100 Transmetal!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1st Rhinox lvl 8 will receive Dinobot’s Bot/Alt cards!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 100th Rhinox lvl 8 will receive Dinobot’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1000th Rhinox lvl 8 will receive Dinobot’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards and 100 Transmetal!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1st Optimus Primal lvl 8 will receive Megatron’s Bot/Alt cards!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 100th Optimus Primal lvl 8 will receive Megatron’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards!
    [/*:m]
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1000th Optimus Primal lvl 8 will receive Megatron’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards and 100 Transmetal![/*:m][/list:u][/quote]

Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533311)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 4th, 2013 @ 4:04pm CST
I must fail them for not including Waspinator.
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533312)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 4th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CST
In the beginning came the beasts, and all that creeps and crawls and flies. But nature lies, they're ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533326)
Posted by CR71Autobot on December 4th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CST
This game...
This freaking game...
:BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533329)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 4th, 2013 @ 5:44pm CST
Ummmm...is this somehow the result of that poll they did a few weeks back? Were votes for obscure G1 characters so spread out that the core Beast Warriors cleaned up, just like in 3 out of 4 Botcon Hall of Fames?
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533364)
Posted by MegaDump on December 5th, 2013 @ 2:52am CST
I've just started playing this again after a period of inactivity... Must admit, Beast Wars characters has me intrigued. I wonder if that opens the possibility for other continuities to enter this game? Anyone interested can add me - level 237, 2365 battle victories... Input code 58721979.
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533410)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 8:53am CST
Houston, we have card art!

Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533414)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:28am CST
Is it just me, or does Rattrap look different from his original toy...?

Gee, everyone's on a killing spree.
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533417)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:38am CST
Mindmaster wrote:Is it just me, or does Rattrap look different from his original toy...?
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533420)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:47am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

I noticed that too, but there are subtle differences. Most notably, there are wheels on his shoulder where his mouse-head halves are supposed to be. None of his toys/animation models have had wheels there. On top of that, that spine on his rat mode is something to look at too. :-?
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533422)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:57am CST
Yeah, it's like a mix between his two BW bodies but with new stuff thrown in. :-?
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533423)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:58am CST
You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Re: Transformers: Legends Game Update - The Golden Lagoon (1533426)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 10:04am CST
Mindmaster wrote:You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Yeah! Let's do it!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager - Brainstorm Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 40 minutes 54 seconds
Takara Transformers Cybertron Commander: Optimus Prime Convoy TV version - Time Remaining: 4 days 29 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers G1 reissue BOX + BUBBLE INSERT STARSCREAM anime 09 takara empty - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 23 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Ultra Class Wing Saber - 2005 Hasbro Rare & Brand New! - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 16 minutes 1 second
TAKARA TOMY Transformers Legends series LG15 Night Bird shadow Free Ship  JAPAN - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 3 minutes 42 seconds
1984 Hasbro Transformers Sunstreaker Autobot Car (Clean Shape! / No Weapons) - Time Remaining: 11 days 17 hours 10 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Movie Leader Class Deep Desert Brawl MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 57 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 DIRGE MB complete hasbro takara milton bradley - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 59 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive