TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode

Transformers News: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode

Friday, September 20th, 2013 5:53PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,020

DeNA continues its busy September for its TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS mobile card battle game with its first ever Player vs. Player (PvP) episode called The Omega Corps. This exciting episode pits players vs. other players in an all-out free for all, and features characters Omega Supreme, Jetfire, Ratchet and Mirage. This new episode runs through September 24, 2013.

This week on TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS...

In order to bring order to the chaos that has ensued following the clash of Optimus Prime and Megatron, Omega Supreme arrives with reinforcements – among them is the mighty Jetfire. Will they be able to restore balance between Autobots and Decepticons? Who will emerge victorious in this all-out war between the factions?

Find out this week in The Omega Corps episode!

Play the Episode Now

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Legends Mobile Device Game Updates
Credit(s): DeNA
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519164)
Posted by Burn on September 21st, 2013 @ 4:57pm CDT
Wow ...

Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519181)
Posted by joesaysso on September 21st, 2013 @ 6:51pm CDT
You know, for years I've come to this website and blamed the collectors for their insane willingness to pay ridiculous prices for third party market figures, thusly driving prices up even more and ruining that market for people on a budget.

But for some reason to this point with this game, I have given the players a pass and blamed Mobage for the travesty that this game has become. I'm glad that I have seen this video, as it has revealed the truth.

Much like the fact that I resigned myself long ago from ever owning any third party product because I refuse to pay Masterpiece pricing for deluxe or voyager sized figures, I have also resigned myself from playing this game again.

I always knew it was bad with the player spending but I never understood how bad until the last couple days. Once I saw people happily spending hundreds of dollars on something so insignificant, when I saw that deck power for the top players in the last event was over 50K, and now this video, I knew that this game is over for me.

I have uninstalled this game from my phone. I am completely done with it.
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519194)
Posted by Burn on September 21st, 2013 @ 8:39pm CDT
joesaysso wrote:This game has been ruined by the players, plain and simple. I wish I could understand this willingness to part with their money for absolutely nothing in return. But I can't and I never will.

Well after watching that video I think it's a case of "HAHA! Look at what I can do because I have money which makes me better than you!"

That's all it is, ego.

[quote]I have uninstalled this game from my phone. I am completely done with it.[/quote]

Still going to hang around the site though?
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519232)
Posted by joesaysso on September 21st, 2013 @ 11:34pm CDT
Burn wrote:Still going to hang around the site though?

Oh, naturally. I'm a TF fan and collector first and foremost and a Seibertron loyalist. This is the one and only place that I get my TF news from. I'll be here. I'll probably lurk more though.

monuo_ripts wrote:

I've kept my word and still not spent any more money, been saving all my resources since June, had almost 1500 energon, 1200 cubes, 8 nets, still didn't place in the top 100, not even close and I've burned through most of my resources. Payers are the winners still.

Monuo, this is good to hear and a shame to hear all at the same time. I stuck to my guns too. Except that I stopped playing entirely through June, July, and August so I actually didn't build up any resources.

After seeing this video, it's easy to see why you didn't win. I'm honestly floored. I never thought that a person would be willing to spend $900 on this silly game. But the flip side is that it makes the decision to cut ties with the game that much easier.

It's too bad but at least we can say that we played the game when it was good and not as tainted . We had a a pretty fun run, albeit brief, while it lasted.
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519337)
Posted by Burn on September 22nd, 2013 @ 3:41pm CDT
Mobage have asked for feedback on how to fix some of the game problems.
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519452)
Posted by joesaysso on September 22nd, 2013 @ 10:11pm CDT
Interesting. Like I said, I believe that the players have ruined the game. That said, I applaud Mobage for doing this. I doubt I'll ever be a Mobage fan but as we've seen over the last week or so, this game has got to be making money. They have no incentive to do this other than a want to make the game better.....or at least a want to give the impression that they want to make the game better. I doubt whatever they do though, this game will not change from a money grab standpoint.

A few changes could and would bring me back to this game. The ability to trade cards first and foremost along with increased interactivity with your allies immediately behind. I don't mind losing to people who are willing to pay $900. But it would be nice to able to trade with and have REAL teamwork with your allies. A formula that would allow good, old fashioned teamwork to close the gap between the regular players and the big spenders would be fantastic.

Give me the illusion that I have a chance to win. I know that I have no chance to win when people are willing to spend enough money to get a deck full or Class 5 Grimlocks and are running around with 50000K+ deck power. But if it looks like, one in a while, I could get a top prize through teamwork or whatever, I'm likely to keep playing. As long as real-life money is the one and only factor determining who wins and who loses in this game, I can't be bothered with it.

A couple more ideas: I'd like to see a rule where you could only use one of each card in you deck. I think this would accomplish a few things. #1 it would keep decks from getting over powered because of people who would sell an organ to fill their deck full of X10 class 5 cards. Secondly, it would keep all episode card relevant longer because they couldn't be replaced by several of the same X5 raid card. Lastly, it would encourage the trading of double should a trade system become a reality.

I would also like to see a battle system where the roles of the bots have an influence on the battle. Make it worth it to have a medic or a scientist in your deck even though they don't do as much damage. Maybe Ratchet heals a card each turn. Maybe Wheeljack improves one card's weapon for a stronger attack each round.
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519628)
Posted by monuo_ripts on September 23rd, 2013 @ 6:21pm CDT
So here's the background on that video

An "assumed" girl player has been winning the last several events by millions, literally leaving all other players in the dust, her tag was "itsme5712"

The boycotters at the TFL wiki did some digging on her and apparently found out she was spending tons of money on the game to win, but the part that pissed them off the most was she was spending the money at gold farm websites and on ebay getting discount itunes cards, making her money go farther on the purchases.

They write a petition to mobage to ban her account because she has an "unfair" advantage over players (albeit non paying butt hurt boycott players).

Then they go as far as trying to figure out who she is, what her real name is, her real address and email so they can bombard her with hate mail and such.

Mobage closes her account to make the hate zealots happy.

She makes a new account under "war-flower" and proceeds to spend $1000 in the very next episode to guarantee a rank 1 win to rub it in their faces, also, she does this without the discount cards and stuff she was buying.

The nod to the players at the end are the people that were leading the hate charge against her, I believe.

Not many players can understand why the tf wiki boycott group were so angry and butt hurt.

I'm just assuming she has a ton of money and she was being a savvy "coupon" shopper by purchasing itunes cards on discount sites from vendors that buy so many, they already get a discount for distribution.

So that's the story behind that.
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519640)
Posted by Jack Hallows on September 23rd, 2013 @ 9:11pm CDT
Lol. ^ .. smart chick. gotta respect the hustle.
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519667)
Posted by Burn on September 24th, 2013 @ 2:32am CDT
Jack Hallows wrote:Lol. ^ .. smart chick. gotta respect the hustle.

You only want her for her money. :wink:
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519808)
Posted by Jack Hallows on September 24th, 2013 @ 10:15pm CDT
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519812)
Posted by Burn on September 24th, 2013 @ 10:20pm CDT
Jack Hallows wrote:Lmaooo. i mean, c'mon. what sane man wouldn't? although i have the strange notion that that's not a female. Lol. i refuse to believe there are female transformer fans that fanatical. and if there are, i really need to find out their geographical location.

'cause that doesn't make you sound creepy at all.
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519925)
Posted by Dr Va'al on September 25th, 2013 @ 2:52pm CDT
We have received some news from DeNA and Mobage about the final episode of the Transformers: Legends game for the month of September! The episode is called Colossus War, and will run until 2nd October - check out more details below, and take a look at the exclusive artwork for the game.

[quote]Today DeNA wraps up its September to Remember campaign for the entertaining TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS mobile card battle game with a new episode called The Colossus War. This episode brings together an epic battle as the villainous Galvatron teams up with the Decepticons to try and take down Metroplex and the Autobots. This new episode runs through October 2, 2013.

This week on TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS...

Galvatron, eager to turn the tide of battle has summoned Trypticon! This massive monstrosity capable of untold destruction will invade Autobot territory to push the Decepticon line forward. Standing in their way is the Autobot fortress Metroplex under the command of Rodimus!

Will Metroplex and the Autobots hold their ground or will they be crushed by the ferocity of this Decepticon beast? Prepare yourself for the The Colossus War!

Play the Episode Now

To play the new episode today, download TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android devices for free at: http://mobage.com/games/TRANSFORMERS-LEGENDS[/quote]

Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519972)
Posted by TulioDude on September 25th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CDT
Wow,does this game uptades every week?
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1519981)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 25th, 2013 @ 8:37pm CDT
Wow, people still play this? :roll: :BANG_HEAD:

The art looks topnotch, per usual. I wonder how many toys Hasbro could sell if they commissioned some of this art for packaging! :-?
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1520044)
Posted by joesaysso on September 25th, 2013 @ 11:46pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:

I don't know how many for sure. But I'll say the answer is a minimum of 1 each. Because if the box art is from this game, that means the figures are G1 based and I'd buy 1 of every single one they put out.
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1521384)
Posted by jgilkinson on October 2nd, 2013 @ 6:20pm CDT

http://media.tumblr.com/a5aa5027b2500e9 ... s13hsg.jpg
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1521385)
Posted by jgilkinson on October 2nd, 2013 @ 6:22pm CDT
jgilkinson wrote:Hi, didn't see this posted on here but the next TF Legends event will be "Call of the Primitives"

http://media.tumblr.com/a5aa5027b2500e9 ... s13hsg.jpg

Sorry couldnt get the pic to post right.

Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1521392)
Posted by El Duque on October 2nd, 2013 @ 7:16pm CDT
We have received some news regarding DeNA's first episode of the Transformers: Legends game for the month of October! The episode is called Call of the Primitives, and starts today. Check out more details below, and take a look at the exclusive artwork for the game.

[quote]WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2013
CALL OF THE PRIMITIVES - starts today!

In this week’s Campaign Episode, it’s the primal rage of the Predacons against some of the bravest and smartest of the Autobots!

In the aftermath of an unusual battle against a common foe, old rivalries heat up once more. After fighting side by side against their common enemy, the Decepticons and Autobots turn on each other once more.

Their temporary alliance had been an awkward and fragile one and now, with the destruction of their common foe, the feral instincts of the Predacons have flared up and they attacked those whom they believed to be the weakest of the Autobots. But appearances are deceiving and their Autobot prey proved to be more resilient and strong-spirited then expected!

Will the feral Predacons overrun the Autobots? Can the brave Autobots match strength with the fierce Decepticons? Find out in this week’s Episode: “Call of the Primitives!”[/quote]

Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1521404)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on October 2nd, 2013 @ 9:42pm CDT
Wow, they drew Headstrong accurate to how chipped-up his paint is by now if you have a loose vintage metal one.

And they invoked the title of my favorite episode! That was enough to genuinely get me into the Beast Machines Dinobots, despite them being a subline of the worst thing in TF history.

That worked once. And even though this premise sounds like a plausible continuation of said episode, meaning it's a big free-for-all set in late Season 3, the greatest time ever for the Sunbow cartoon...it works only once. I'm genuinely sorry DeNA, but even if I had the money and a proper mobile device...even if Primacron's or anyone else's assistant told me the universe depended on it, I've heard pretty much a consensus of bad things about your game.

Will always love the art though.
Re: TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Launches First Ever PvP Episode (1521423)
Posted by Optimall on October 2nd, 2013 @ 11:38pm CDT
Is it just me or are we just going around and around in circles with the same characters lately?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem