Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today!

Transformers News: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today!

Monday, July 8th, 2013 7:53PM CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,979

Our friends at DeNA dropped by to let us know about the latest event in their Transformers: Legends mobile device game, "Nemesis Prime". See details and exclusive art below.

The next big in-game event from DeNA and HASBRO’s TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS mobile game is about to commence! Beginning today, Monday, July 8th at 5 pm PT through July 15th at 5 pm PT, players can jump into the “Nemesis Prime” in-game event to defeat the sadistic creation of Dr. Arkeville.

About the Nemesis Prime Event
Dr. Arkeville has secretly been creating a new Transformer, one that could rival Optimus Prime in every way. Out of spare parts and stolen technology, he has assembled the formidable Nemesis Prime. But Nemesis Prime is on the loose, and not even the mad Doctor can control the unstoppable fury of his own creation! Join the heroic Aerialbots, led by Silverbolt as they meet the threat head on. Will they be fast enough to intercept and stop the threat? Find out on this week's TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS episode Nemesis Rising!

Download TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices for free at: http://mobage.com/games/TRANSFORMERS-LEGENDS

Re: Transformers: Legends Mobile Device Game Updates

Re: Transformers: Legends Mobile Device Game Updates
Credit(s): DeNA
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1501739)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2013 @ 8:03pm CDT
Hello, new iPod wallpaper! :grin:

The game may be financially crippling (and downright annoying when it comes to crashing 99.9999% of the time), but the artwork is, as always, phenomenal!
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1501751)
Posted by Yweggo on July 8th, 2013 @ 9:13pm CDT
[quote="Mindmaster"]Hello, new iPod wallpaper! :grin:
quote]

this is the only reason I log in to the stupid thing any more.....
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1501765)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 8th, 2013 @ 10:17pm CDT
So in this continuity, Dr. Arkeville survives Countdown to Extinction, then upgrades himself into Colonel T.R. Edwards?

This could be the just the stepping stone I need to have my Robotech-continued-in-Convertors fanfiction make sense!
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1501783)
Posted by budmaloney on July 9th, 2013 @ 1:29am CDT

Quick question,Tf Legends is based on which continuity? Aligned?
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1501798)
Posted by Lord Manhammer '74 on July 9th, 2013 @ 2:25am CDT
Alternators/Binaltechcontinuity apparently.http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Nemesis_Prime_(G1)
I'm just excited to see Dr. Arkleville back.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1501816)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 9th, 2013 @ 6:08am CDT
El Duque wrote:

Has Dr. Arkeville been pumping iron?
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1501823)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on July 9th, 2013 @ 6:53am CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Has Dr. Arkeville been pumping iron?

And apparently grown some hair back...
He's been busy all this time. I applaud his productivity! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1501882)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 9th, 2013 @ 11:52am CDT
Gatling gun smokestacks!! That NEEDS to be incorporated into a toy.

And the years have been very kind to Dr. Arkeville.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1501911)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 9th, 2013 @ 2:54pm CDT
budmaloney wrote:Very cool graphic and I like the one sided helmet. He's not a 100% copy of Prime. I don't know though, I never liked the concept of Scourge/Nemesis Prime. I know it's to boost repaints, just as Magnus. But Magnus had the armor. With Nemesis I feel it's just another Dark Samus, or Dark Sonic, with no real purpose other than to be a threat.Nemesis I don't fully get why he's popular.

Everyone likes a good redeco, especially if it's one that represents an evil version of a character. ;)

[quote]Quick question,Tf Legends is based on which continuity? Aligned?[/quote]

Hard to say, really. But, based on the fact that all the art (with the exception of Slipstream) is based on Generations toys, themselves mostly Generation One characters, it's safe to assume that Legends is something of a micro-continuity of Generation One.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1503676)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 16th, 2013 @ 11:27am CDT
A new episode for the mobile device game Transfomers Legends has been announced: Road to Ruin! Check out the details and exclusive artwork below.

[quote]Who:

DeNA and HASBRO are excited to unveil the new action-packed Road to Ruin episode in its popular TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS card battle mobile game.

When:

Beginning today, July 16 at 5 pm PT until Tuesday, July 23 at 5 pm PT you can participate in the TRANSFORMERS: LEGENDS Road to Ruin episode.

What:

Across the secret back roads of Earth, Jazz and a handpicked squad of the fastest Autobots are racing to make a secret delivery of Energon to a hidden Autobot base. This precious cargo could tip the balance of power between the warring factions, and it's up to you to stop them. Take to the streets with Rampage, Tantrum and Headstrong, and stop the Autobot convoy anyway you can. Will the Autobots make it to the finish line, or will you run them off the road? Find out when you play this week’s Road to Ruin episode.

How:

[/quote]
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1503691)
Posted by rpetras on July 16th, 2013 @ 12:25pm CDT
Seriously? Already.

One episode a week is getting to be too much. >:oP
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1503706)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on July 16th, 2013 @ 1:16pm CDT
As fun as this game is, I had to take a break (havent played since the event where they had Megatron as a prize) the momment I the event was over and I realized I had spent $189 for a card that would eventually become obsolete as more and more events came out, that's when I had to be $ concious, in order for me to keep up I would have to dish out a minimum of $15-30 (this is me, may be a different amount for others) to have a decent ranking at the end of each event...again it is a fun game, but just be careful you dont get sucked in and start throwing $ and realize you may have spent more than you wanted to :sad:
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1503709)
Posted by Killerewok on July 16th, 2013 @ 1:52pm CDT
Unfortunately, I think I am done with this game. I hope if they do a sequel they take some cues from the GI Joe Battlegrounds game. I find there is much more to do there, and more actual gameplay to be had outside the events.

I have been playing Legends for about a month or so now. I have finished all of the missions, gotten all cards from all the missions, and I have a full collection of MTM Rares(the 3s). I now have no reason to play the campaign outside an event besides leveling myself up.

The first event I played was the Megatron prize. Up until this last event I refused to spend money on it. The best points reward I ever got without spending money was a character card and a weapon card. I usually end up just under the 5000 mark on the leaderboards this way, and in earlier events I think the rewards came at lower tiers.

This week I decided to spend some money to see how much it helped. I spend $30 or so on Battle Cube recharges and the event Space Bridge. I ended up with all 3 Airalbots, 1 of them Transcanned and 2 out of the 3 weapons, increasing my deck strength from about 8000 to 11000. I did much better against bosses solo in the first few days, and against bosses in general. And even with all that, I fell short of the rank I normally get without spending money! I have maybe 6 or so Super Rares (4s) with no weapon or Alt mode, rendering them mostly useless, even at max level. I pull a super rare out of the Space Bridge once every MAYBE 400 cards, and the events are they only way to get a lot of Space Bridge draws.

My point here is to give others a heads up. The guy who won this last event got 170 Million points. I think I capped out around 1.5Mil, and ended up in 6000th place. To do well in this game and get worthwhile prizes (At least a card, alt mode and weapon) you have to spend ALOT of money. If you consider I spent $30 and got 1.5Mil, that means the #1 guy must have spent almost $1000 easy!

This has been my experience with the game, and while I apologize if it is lengthy, I hope it helps for people who are considering starting to spend some money on the game.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1503715)
Posted by Rogueknight on July 16th, 2013 @ 2:33pm CDT

doesn't matter the WIFI connection I have 11 gigs free on my TOUCH and only a handful of non base apps...

WANT to play but DEVO message board is littered with the same complaints.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1503779)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 16th, 2013 @ 9:14pm CDT
Rogueknight wrote:To bad it doesn't work on a FRELLING Itouch 4... Completely unplayable. Crashes every boss battle and if I touch the space bridge.

WANT to play but DEVO message board is littered with the same complaints.

Finally! I thought I was the only one.

For a while, mine only crashed every so often. Ever since the last update, I've also crashed in the boss battles, the missions, and, as you mentioned, the space bridge.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1503937)
Posted by crimsontank on July 17th, 2013 @ 1:46pm CDT
Anybody else stuck like I am? I have gone through four worlds(i guess) each with 3 levels and I do not see a way to move forward from here. If I want to scan for bosses I have to go into levels I have already completed.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1503979)
Posted by Burn on July 17th, 2013 @ 4:28pm CDT
That's what you do. You just keep going back and doing missions you've already completed.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1504067)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 17th, 2013 @ 8:52pm CDT
Ouch! That Tantrum card art is pretty goofy lookin. Like a WarnerBros cartoon character from the early 90's.
I gave up on this game eons ago.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1506657)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 26th, 2013 @ 2:16am CDT
I just saw this on Twitter, and decided to share it.
I care nothing for the game, but some of the artwork looks amazing.

(via Guido Guidi)
Re: Transformers: Legends "Nemesis Prime" Event Starts Today! (1506818)
Posted by monuo_ripts on July 26th, 2013 @ 7:11pm CDT
In case no one has seen the post, they are adding evolved cards. Maybe this is the big overhaul we've all wanted so we can complete are cyberdex. Maybe trading will come with it.