Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest"

Transformers News: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest"

Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 3:23PM CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,333

DeNA has announced the next episode in the Transformers: Legends mobile device game, "Survival of the Fittest". This episode involves characters from the fan favorite Transformers Beast Wars series. Check out the additional info and promo image below:

Our new episode "Beast Wars" will pit Megatron and his Predacon forces against Optimus Primal and his Maximals! Animal savagery meets mechanical might in this brutal battle for dominance!

Beast Wars Episode Achievements

Take down specific “Beast Wars” level 8 bosses and earn special rewards! These items will be gifted to all participants that complete these achievements after the end of the event!

• Players who participate in taking down the 1st Rattrap lvl 8 will receive a 100 Transmetal package!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 100th Rattrap lvl 8 will receive a 200 Transmetal package!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1000th Rattrap lvl 8 will receive a 300 Transmetal package!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1st Cheetor lvl 8 will receive Scorponok’s Bot/Alt cards!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 100th Cheetor lvl 8 will receive Scorponok’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1000th Cheetor lvl 8 will receive Scorponok’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards and 100 Transmetal!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1st Rhinox lvl 8 will receive Dinobot’s Bot/Alt cards!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 100th Rhinox lvl 8 will receive Dinobot’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1000th Rhinox lvl 8 will receive Dinobot’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards and 100 Transmetal!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1st Optimus Primal lvl 8 will receive Megatron’s Bot/Alt cards!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 100th Optimus Primal lvl 8 will receive Megatron’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards!
  • Players who participate in taking down the 1000th Optimus Primal lvl 8 will receive Megatron’s Bot/Alt + Weapon cards and 100 Transmetal!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: Legends Mobile Device Game Updates
Credit(s): DeNA
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533311)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 4th, 2013 @ 4:04pm CST
I must fail them for not including Waspinator.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533312)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 4th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CST
In the beginning came the beasts, and all that creeps and crawls and flies. But nature lies, they're ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533326)
Posted by CR71Autobot on December 4th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CST
This game...
This freaking game...
:BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533329)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 4th, 2013 @ 5:44pm CST
Ummmm...is this somehow the result of that poll they did a few weeks back? Were votes for obscure G1 characters so spread out that the core Beast Warriors cleaned up, just like in 3 out of 4 Botcon Hall of Fames?
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533364)
Posted by MegaDump on December 5th, 2013 @ 2:52am CST
I've just started playing this again after a period of inactivity... Must admit, Beast Wars characters has me intrigued. I wonder if that opens the possibility for other continuities to enter this game? Anyone interested can add me - level 237, 2365 battle victories... Input code 58721979.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533410)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 8:53am CST
Houston, we have card art!

Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533414)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:28am CST
Is it just me, or does Rattrap look different from his original toy...?

Gee, everyone's on a killing spree.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533417)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:38am CST
Mindmaster wrote:Is it just me, or does Rattrap look different from his original toy...?
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533420)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:47am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

I noticed that too, but there are subtle differences. Most notably, there are wheels on his shoulder where his mouse-head halves are supposed to be. None of his toys/animation models have had wheels there. On top of that, that spine on his rat mode is something to look at too. :-?
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533422)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:57am CST
Yeah, it's like a mix between his two BW bodies but with new stuff thrown in. :-?
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533423)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:58am CST
You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533426)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 5th, 2013 @ 10:04am CST
Mindmaster wrote:You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Yeah! Let's do it!
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533429)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 5th, 2013 @ 10:08am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
Yeah! Let's do it!

But in all seriousness, I was actually thinking that they may be drawing inspiration from a as-of-yet concept of that Generations Rattrap toy that is more than likely true.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533437)
Posted by xyl360 on December 5th, 2013 @ 10:40am CST
This almost makes me wish I had a smart phone. I'm glad to see yet another sign that we are possibly on the verge of a serious Beast Wars revival.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533464)
Posted by That Bot on December 5th, 2013 @ 2:01pm CST
Damn it, why did it have to be Beast Wars? I LOVE BEAST WARS! And I'll never get a full set of the cards from this event because I'm not willing to pay $300 or more for the top cards. I don't even care about their stats, I just want the cards themselves. Oh well, I'll push for a T2 finish.

Also, it seems I used my extra Elita One from last month as upgrade fodder. Now I hope they change the login bonus next month so I don't forever regret not being able to have five full E1s after four months.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533491)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on December 5th, 2013 @ 5:33pm CST
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533492)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 5th, 2013 @ 5:35pm CST
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Anyone else notice that Dinobot is apparently aligned with the Predacons for this? He's attacking Autobots in his beast mode art.

You have to remember, though; Dinobot was briefly a Predacon during the outset of the original show. ;)
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533493)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 5th, 2013 @ 5:35pm CST

Did any of the previous campaigns' cards feature redshirt disposal on this scale?
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533495)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on December 5th, 2013 @ 5:38pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

I know. Just pointing it out.
Re: Transformers: Legends "Survival of the Fittest" (1533521)
Posted by That Bot on December 5th, 2013 @ 9:00pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:Not really digging the card art, but it's very interesting to see BW guys slaughtering G1 looking generics. So is part of the premise here that the Beast Wars happen in a G1 "present" on some alien world, and search parties hunting for the Axalon and Darksyde get overwhelmed by their crews, who've gone feral? I almost feel like this is set in the original BW microcontinuity, implied by the mini-comic, early bios, and jigsaw puzzles.

I've never felt Legends events to be very concerned with continuity. The story scraps they throw together have pretty much no bearing on gameplay.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial