Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Lunchables Contest

Transformers News: Transformers Lunchables Contest

Monday, September 16th, 2013 2:27PM CDT

Category: Contests
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 9,876

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Seibertron podcaster and voice actor jON3.0, we've been alerted to a contest that actually began in June. Lunchables, who are well known not only for their delectable pre-packaged lunches but also for their occasional contests, are holding a contest for the younger generation of Transformers fans! First place has a choice of the following three options:

* Trip to California for a Transformers "behind the scenes" tour.

* Trip to Microsoft Studios, along an Xbox 360 with a Kinect add-on.

* Trip to New York City for a massive shopping spree at Toys "R" Us.

Transformers News: Transformers Lunchables Contest

Transformers News: Transformers Lunchables Contest

Contestants must be ages 6 to 17, and must live in either the United States, or its territories.
Credit(s): Lunchables, jON3.0
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518163)
Posted by njb902 on September 16th, 2013 @ 3:21pm CDT
Lunchables and delectable do not belong in the same sentence, paragraph, page, or vocabulary.
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518194)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 16th, 2013 @ 5:57pm CDT
Did all three Bay Movies have Lunchables tie-ins? I think I still have some of those toilet-seat formers from the first one.

(Not that I've eaten Lunchables in decades; they were a gift. A treasured gift.)
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518196)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 16th, 2013 @ 6:05pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Did all three Bay Movies have Lunchables tie-ins? I think I still have some of those toilet-seat formers from the first one.

(Not that I've eaten Lunchables in decades; they were a gift. A treasured gift.)


I remember the first film had a tie-in set. I remember owning Blackout, Bumblebee, and Starscream.

Not sure about the other two films.
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518221)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 16th, 2013 @ 7:52pm CDT
So if you have kids, now's the time to horn in on their possible winnings! 8-} BOOM! :michaelbay:

njb902 wrote:Lunchables and delectable do not belong in the same sentence, paragraph, page, or vocabulary.

Sometimes, I swear the news posts are almost TOO amicable to third party groups. I can only assume a Lunch-able staff member sent some choice, uhhh, "'ables" to the Seibertron family! :roll: :lol:
Ehhhh, they're really not so bad... but delectable IS a strange choice of words. Maybe the author was being complimentary and ironic at the same time. :-?
Bumblevivisector wrote:I think I still have some of those toilet-seat formers from the first one.


Wait... they made TF's for your toilet?!?! :shock: I wonder if it's weird to put a Rat-trap near my toilet? :lol:
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518223)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 16th, 2013 @ 7:53pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
njb902 wrote:Lunchables and delectable do not belong in the same sentence, paragraph, page, or vocabulary.

Sometimes, I swear the news posts are almost TOO amicable to third party groups. I can only assume a Lunch-able staff member sent some choice, uhhh, "'ables" to the Seibertron family! :roll: :lol:
Ehhhh, they're really not so bad... but delectable IS a strange choice of words. Maybe the author was being complimentary and ironic at the same time. :-?


I was just trying to be nice. :-(
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518224)
Posted by njb902 on September 16th, 2013 @ 7:59pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:
njb902 wrote:Lunchables and delectable do not belong in the same sentence, paragraph, page, or vocabulary.

Sometimes, I swear the news posts are almost TOO amicable to third party groups. I can only assume a Lunch-able staff member sent some choice, uhhh, "'ables" to the Seibertron family! :roll: :lol:
Ehhhh, they're really not so bad... but delectable IS a strange choice of words. Maybe the author was being complimentary and ironic at the same time. :-?


I was just trying to be nice. :-(


No worries man, I personally can't stand the things, but I can totally see why you worded it that way.
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518226)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 16th, 2013 @ 8:00pm CDT
njb902 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:
njb902 wrote:Lunchables and delectable do not belong in the same sentence, paragraph, page, or vocabulary.

Sometimes, I swear the news posts are almost TOO amicable to third party groups. I can only assume a Lunch-able staff member sent some choice, uhhh, "'ables" to the Seibertron family! :roll: :lol:
Ehhhh, they're really not so bad... but delectable IS a strange choice of words. Maybe the author was being complimentary and ironic at the same time. :-?


I was just trying to be nice. :-(


No worries man, I personally can't stand the things, but I can totally see why you worded it that way.


I mean, they're not terrible, much rather have an MRE pack, but they aren't terrible.
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518231)
Posted by njb902 on September 16th, 2013 @ 8:07pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Metrosuplex wrote:
njb902 wrote:Lunchables and delectable do not belong in the same sentence, paragraph, page, or vocabulary.

Sometimes, I swear the news posts are almost TOO amicable to third party groups. I can only assume a Lunch-able staff member sent some choice, uhhh, "'ables" to the Seibertron family! :roll: :lol:
Ehhhh, they're really not so bad... but delectable IS a strange choice of words. Maybe the author was being complimentary and ironic at the same time. :-?


I was just trying to be nice. :-(


No worries man, I personally can't stand the things, but I can totally see why you worded it that way.


I mean, they're not terrible, much rather have an MRE pack, but they aren't terrible.


Where your heading kid never ever say that. You'll get so sick of the damned things you'll beg for real food.
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518251)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 16th, 2013 @ 9:58pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:I think I still have some of those toilet-seat formers from the first one.


Wait... they made TF's for your toilet?!?! :shock: I wonder if it's weird to put a Rat-trap near my toilet? :lol:
No, I meant they were little plastic...things with a one-step fold-open transformation that made them look more like some sort of portable toilet seats scaled to 4-6 inch action figures than anything else. I wish I could find some pics, but I have too much of a headache right now.
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518263)
Posted by jON3.0 on September 16th, 2013 @ 11:06pm CDT
My kids love them but now they're so much $ that it's cheaper just to give them $2.50 for the school lunches.
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518297)
Posted by Metrosuplex on September 17th, 2013 @ 12:26am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I was just trying to be nice. :-(

Mindmaster, I love you. :x Seriously, though, I wasn't intending to insult you, but rather wag my finger at any corporate buyouts with inevitably gushing positive reviews (COUGHTRANSFORMERTHERIDECOUGH).

But stick with your guns, bro. If you can admit to liking TFs in public (maybe not?), you can say you like Lunchables. Me? I'll eat anything, and Lunchables are convenient and fun. In fact, if I can eat one in front of someone who rolls his eyes and gags at the sight, it's somehow more fun! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bumblevivisector wrote:No, I meant they were little plastic...things with a one-step fold-open transformation that made them look more like some sort of portable toilet seats scaled to 4-6 inch action figures than anything else. I wish I could find some pics, but I have too much of a headache right now.

Sabr, I NEEEEEED YOU!!!!! :lol:
Thanks for the clarification, but I honestly would love TFs that turned into toilets. I believe Dairycon had one a long time ago. Toilet-formers. It's pretty amazing Japan hasn't jumped on that, given their fascination with the kanji humor of poo and luck being similar.
Anyway, I hope your head feels better, bro! :HEADHURTS:

jON3.0 wrote:My kids love them but now they're so much $ that it's cheaper just to give them $2.50 for the school lunches.

Good to know. I'm not sure what's more disappointing: that they've become so expensive, or that school lunches are $2.50 now. That seems like a lot... but maybe you're getting a good deal??? :???: I find it amazing that the government can tax us on FOOD. Seems a bit greedy and unnecessary. But I digress. I-)
Re: Transformers Lunchables Contest (1518464)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 17th, 2013 @ 7:24pm CDT
Here we go:

Image

Okay, I guess they look more like booster seats, but their ability to fold flat ingrained them in my memory as "those toilet-seat guys".
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014