Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive

Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 11:23AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Store News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 52,676

Amazon.co.jp has listed a pre-order for the region exclusive Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Sunstorm. The pre-order's price: 13,650 yen or roughly $165. This set will include the Coronation kit found on MP-11 Starscream and also feature the Seeker mold modifcations. The release date is set for August 25th, 2012. Check out some images below or click here to view the pre-order.

Credit(s): Amazon.co.jp
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1357989)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 13th, 2012 @ 11:27am CDT
GetRightRobot wrote:This set will include the Coronation kit found on MP-11 Starscream and also feature the Seeker mold modifcations.

I thought MP-11 was a whole new mold?

And Sunstorm really does look majestic with the coronation pieces, befitting his god complex.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1357998)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 13th, 2012 @ 11:58am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I thought MP-11 was a whole new mold?

Damn Your right that is Majestic and Manly :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358014)
Posted by Psychout on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:29pm CDT
If by 'majestic and manly' you mean 'eye-raping and fugly', then I might agree.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358016)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:33pm CDT
Psychout wrote:If by 'majestic and manly' you mean 'eye-raping and fugly', then I might agree.

I like orange. And yes I engaged hyperbole...... Tis a bit Fugly
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358020)
Posted by Psychout on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:42pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I like orange. And yes I engaged hyperbole...... Tis a bit Fugly

Then well played 'Hammer. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358023)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 13th, 2012 @ 12:50pm CDT
Psychout wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I like orange. And yes I engaged hyperbole...... Tis a bit Fugly

Then well played 'Hammer. :APPLAUSE:

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358042)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:18pm CDT
Wow. That f**king sux. Kiss my ass, Takara.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358045)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Wow. That f**king sux. Kiss my ass, Takara.

Agreed and now who may that be as you're avatar?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358055)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 13th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CDT
Well, I'm glad I didn't have any interest in it anyway, because it would suck trying to get ahold of this.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358067)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on March 13th, 2012 @ 2:33pm CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358069)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on March 13th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I thought MP-11 was a whole new mold?

technically its an old mold. the seeker mold used is the origional prototype for masterpeice screamer that we were shown way way back in the day, before that one designer signed onto it and said screw you guys im making this a real jet.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358103)
Posted by rpetras on March 13th, 2012 @ 4:04pm CDT
For that price, not to mention the limited availability, I'd rather go with the iGear version.

I prefer the orange to the yellow anyway.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358110)
Posted by DISCHARGE on March 13th, 2012 @ 4:21pm CDT
funeralthirst7 wrote:$165 is way too high a price. $110 would get me interested. I'll wait for a clearance sale.

If it turns out like Unicron there won't be a clearance sale.

Any way, I thought it was brought up that Japan would get a limited production, while other markets would see a different production run for the rest of the world. Has the plan changed?

Is Sunstorm really gonna be yellow and orange? I'm not a fan of the two colors together on him, it looks strange. I do like the flame detail though.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358112)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 13th, 2012 @ 4:23pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Wow. That f**king sux. Kiss my ass, Takara.

Agreed and now who may that be as you're avatar?

Rusyuna Tendou from the anime Grenadier.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358134)
Posted by Anonymous on March 13th, 2012 @ 5:22pm CDT

$160+ should have gotten you:

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358168)
Posted by Stormrider on March 13th, 2012 @ 6:32pm CDT
DISCHARGE wrote:

If it turns out like Unicron there won't be a clearance sale.

Yeah, I thought that production news was strange. I can confirm that Japan will be releasing these in limited amounts. I vaguely remember 1000. It doesn't make sense that this would be released in unlimited quantities in other markets.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358203)
Posted by Stormrider on March 13th, 2012 @ 7:42pm CDT
I'm not crazy about the two toned figure.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358227)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 13th, 2012 @ 8:52pm CDT
I may end up getting this. It will depend on when the Skywarp,Thundercracker repaints are released and how far down the road MP-Sideswipe is.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358249)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on March 13th, 2012 @ 10:18pm CDT
Not a comic fan, so I know little to nothing about Sunstorm, which makes him an easy pass. Not crazy about the colors, either.

About the MP-11 mold, does it retain the dual-expression gimmick?

I'm also worried about the feet. They don't look articulated at all. Is this the final version, or are is the toy used for the pics still just a prototype?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-11s Announced as Amazon.co.jp Exclusive (1358258)
Posted by metaphorge on March 13th, 2012 @ 10:34pm CDT
Court Jester wrote:

$160+ should have gotten you:

I have the iGear version. If the Takara version looked like the custom above I would have purchased it too.

The actual Takara version? Not so much.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Commemorative Series VII Reissue Dirge 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 30 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Collection Takara Bookstyle G1 Reissue Perceptor 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 minute 5 seconds
1986 Hot Spot Complete with Box G1 Transformers Protectobot Leader - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 1 minute 10 seconds
Transformers Collection Takara Bookstyle G1 Reissue Blaster 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 31 minutes 36 seconds
1986 Motormaster Complete with Box G1 Transformers Stunticon Leader - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 47 minutes 22 seconds
1986 Octane Complete with Box G1 Transformers Triple Changer - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 48 minutes 35 seconds
1986 Ultra Magnus Complete with Box G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 19 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers DECEPTICON VORTEX Deluxe Class Generations Combiner Wars Bruticus - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 50 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016