Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed

Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 8:07PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 31,994

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore has posted the first images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak. Check them out in both robot and vehicle modes mirrored below. As you can see the Nissan (Datsun 280ZX) Fairlady Z alt mode has been faithfully reproduced. Both are scheduled for a September release. Click the following links for the BBTS pre-order pages:

MP-17 Prowl

MP-18 Bluestreak

Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed

Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed
Credit(s): BBTS, Sj21
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469507)
Posted by agentcastle on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:11pm CST
seems a bit crotchy... hopefully will look better from a different angle... obviously i'm still buying one
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469508)
Posted by SER on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:12pm CST
Looks great!
:BOT: 's for the win!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469509)
Posted by Down_Shift on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:14pm CST
Man posting anything that is slightly important from your phone is a huge pain in the ass. Ha ha ha.

These suckers look amazing. I am so pumped for Bluestreak, he looks perfect.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469510)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:15pm CST
What the...!

Does Bluestreak actually have a slightly different head, to match his animation model?!? I can't tell 'cause it's a bit blurry, but the additional shoulder launchers make it seem possible...unless Prowl actually has them too and they're just not deployed.

So far, so good! Just wish they were still coming out a bit slower so my wallet could keep up.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469511)
Posted by Down_Shift on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:21pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:What the...!

Sure does!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469512)
Posted by Doc bot on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:21pm CST

Awesome detail. They even have those wacky Japanese side view mirrors at the front of the hood.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469514)
Posted by Seibertron on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:25pm CST
Masterpieces indeed. Wow. Keep it up Takara Tomy and Hasbro. You've been knocking it out of the park with the current Masterpiece line. Looking forward to seeing what Hasbro's going to do with all of these Masterpieces on U.S. shelves at some point. Almost seems like a full blown line will be released instead of just the occasional figure here or there.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469515)
Posted by sdn1337 on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:28pm CST
Finally! I can't wait for these to release. Now i want to see what smokescreen looks like then ill make my decision on which one to get.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469518)
Posted by quickmixed on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:40pm CST
:APPLAUSE: Fantastic.

I'm kind of hoping that you can place a missile in those rocket launchers to make them bigger (they seem quite short), but other than that these are brilliant.
Well done Takara. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469520)
Posted by wewyllenium on March 5th, 2013 @ 8:47pm CST
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469525)
Posted by mandingo_rex on March 5th, 2013 @ 9:41pm CST
Someone mentioned that they seem to have different head sculpts, which wouldn't surprise me. The Alternator "Z triplets" (okay, granted Prowl was a different car) ones all did, and that line paid similar attention to detail. I don't see the MP line not having slight differences since Red Alert and Sideswipe did.

They also have different "crotch" plates, to match the cartoon. So I'd say unique heads are a pretty good bet. Why'd they not supply better images?

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469526)
Posted by padfoo on March 5th, 2013 @ 9:41pm CST
Doc bot wrote:Beautiful! They look just like their G1 box art paintings. These are the toys we imagined we were playing with when we were kids.

Your right about that they look really good, I might have to part with my entire Alternators collection to make room.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469527)
Posted by padfoo on March 5th, 2013 @ 9:44pm CST
wewyllenium wrote:I'm glad to see they resemble the cartoon aesthetics. I'm in but am a bit cautious. Takara tommy burned me with the Hasbro release of MP Sounwave. Makes me think of waiting for as western release. :D

From these first pictures, the one thing I really like is that they don't have the hollow legs like the first series of Masterpiece cars.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469529)
Posted by RAcast on March 5th, 2013 @ 9:49pm CST
Aww yeah! :grin: They look AMAZING!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469535)
Posted by Rhinox23 on March 5th, 2013 @ 10:02pm CST
RAcast wrote:Aww yeah! :grin: They look AMAZING!

^QFT! They actually look a little better than I expected! As someone mentioned already, I'm loving the solid looking legs. These look like great figures. If they're as good as Sideswipe is, then we're in for a real treat! I only have Prowl on preorder right now, but that may change!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469545)
Posted by warzon3 on March 5th, 2013 @ 10:28pm CST
Holy crap they look amazing!!!

I wonder how tall they stack up to MP Sideswipe. I know they are the same in the scale chart, but I hope they are a little taller.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469546)
Posted by TFIta369 on March 5th, 2013 @ 10:30pm CST
Let's see, Sideswipe :D , money out... Red Alert :D , money out... Prowl :D , money out, Bluestreak :D , money out, Smokescreen :D , money out, Metroplex :D , money out, Fortress Maximus :D , money out, Triplechangers :D , money out..... What's next? :-?
Jazz? Bumblebee? Reflector? Mirage?! Megatron?! Galvatron?! UNICRON?! >:oP
What a great year to get our wallets fit and slim! :D
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469548)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on March 5th, 2013 @ 10:32pm CST
Definitely getting Prowl. Bluestreak, not really.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469549)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 5th, 2013 @ 10:35pm CST
These look so awesome. God, I love that Datsun Fairlady... I might just have to get Bluestreak and break my rule of collecting outside of my established scale. These are just that good looking.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl and MP-18 Bluestreak Revealed (1469566)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 5th, 2013 @ 11:55pm CST
I just love all of these releases because I know deep down the road there is going to be Masterpiece Blurr <3

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering