Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan

Monday, August 4th, 2014 10:22PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,806

Site sponsor Kapow! Toys has shared a magazine scan on their Facebook page that gives us some fresh looks at Takara Tomy's eagerly awaited Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus. These images give us a look at the inside of his cab, which can hold both Spike and Daniel who are also pictured, plus a secondary face hidden under the standard Ultra Magnus face. Check 'em out below:

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Discussion
Credit(s): Kapow! Toys
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1596636)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 4th, 2014 @ 10:31pm CDT
Seeing them inside Ultra Magnus has me expecting a repaint of Magnus in his "disguise" colors from "The Ultimate Weapon".

Well, after Diaclone Ultra Magnus, "The Killing Jar" reverse colors Ultra Magnus, Hate Plague Ultra Magnus...point is, milk the s#!t out of this mold for repaints Takara, cuz it looks even better with each pic!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1596643)
Posted by megatronus on August 4th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CDT
Seeing the face makes me sad about no inner robot... :sad:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1596649)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on August 4th, 2014 @ 11:45pm CDT
MP Ultra Magnus seems to be returning (a bit) to the MP01 design aesthetic where extra little details are built-in to the design. I miss MPs having a little more die-cast, chrome wheels etc., rubber-tires (somewhat), and extra opening communication panels, & clear plastic car-lights. And as much as I like all the car-bots being in-scale (except Bumblebee-a little too small), I wish the line had been done at MP01 scale.
Anyway, I've seen in other pics that his butt-flap folds up a little bit more in bot-mode and doesn't look like a long shirt-tail. Well at least it has a real purpose as a roof panel for Spike & Daniel. It does look like MP Magnus has a neat little interior for the humans!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1596650)
Posted by Bounti76 on August 4th, 2014 @ 11:45pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Seeing the face makes me sad about no inner robot... :sad:

Agreed....I've have been fine seeing a white redo of MP Prime who could combine with his trailer. As it is, he's a cool figure, but a bit chunky.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1596662)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 5th, 2014 @ 2:26am CDT
Kind of weird that they retained the head with some references to the original Diaclone design (check the half face plate)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1596715)
Posted by timcourtois on August 5th, 2014 @ 10:15am CDT
http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com ... his/66.jpg
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1596746)
Posted by Erailea on August 5th, 2014 @ 12:01pm CDT
timcourtois wrote:I wish Magnus' "amazon exclusive" accessory was a pair of tiny Constructicons that he could hold in his hands, like this:
http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com ... his/66.jpg

... the next MP set? Lol. Goodness knows Takara's already pulled that stunt with Soundwave's "minions"
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598137)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 10th, 2014 @ 3:21am CDT
Cybergeeks posted a bunch of new Magnus pix:

More on their Facebook.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598140)
Posted by wilcosu35 on August 10th, 2014 @ 3:31am CDT
he looks fantastic.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598169)
Posted by Seibertron on August 10th, 2014 @ 9:32am CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598178)
Posted by shajaki on August 10th, 2014 @ 9:53am CDT
:lol:
whenever i see those mid transforming pictures, it makes me want to buy 5 of any give transformer and display them like that!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598181)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 10th, 2014 @ 10:00am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I can't wait. I'm also looking forward to the inevitable repaints. It should be interesting to see which ones they do. I'd like to get Shining and Diaclone versions!

The Powered Convoy colors are pretty much a given as a "Movie Preview" release. They've done that with both the G1 and the PVC figures. Maybe as MP-22P?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598183)
Posted by Seibertron on August 10th, 2014 @ 10:09am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I could also see them doing the Black Hole version as a convention exclusive.

Man it'd be really awesome if they did the Diaclone version with his little "Scamper"-like figure that he originally came with.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598185)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 10th, 2014 @ 10:19am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I could also see them doing the Black Hole version as a convention exclusive.

Like in The Killing Jar I presume?

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598186)
Posted by Seibertron on August 10th, 2014 @ 10:21am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Like in The Killing Jar I presume?

That's what I was thinking but man that looks horrid.

Between Hasbro or Takara, I could also easily see one of them doing a toy accurate version with chrome and other toy details.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598189)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 10th, 2014 @ 10:33am CDT
*EDIT* Bleh, wrong thread :oops:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598195)
Posted by El Duque on August 10th, 2014 @ 11:57am CDT
Once again from the CYBERGEEKS Alliance Facebook page, we have scans from Transformers Generations 2014 Volume 2 that give us new looks at Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus. Quite a bit of good info in these images. We get a full 360 degree look at the figure in full color, size comparison with Masterpiece Rodimus, transformation sequence, Spike and Daniel mini figures, and his alternate faces. Enjoy the images mirrored below:

Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598198)
Posted by The Grim King on August 10th, 2014 @ 12:05pm CDT
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598201)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 10th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT
The Grim King wrote:Still not pleased that the cab is attached to the trailer; as amazing as it looks transformed. It doesn't feel accurate because it's not a separate transformer and armor set.

That's because they went for cartoon-accuracy. Ultra Magnus never appeared in his white Prime-looking robot mode despite the toy having one. (considering Prime was killed off, a good decision). The cab does separate, but that's it.

And I do hope the red bumper isn't final. At least cover it in chrome if they can't change the plastic color layout.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MP-22 Ultra Magnus Magazine Scan (1598207)
Posted by padfoo on August 10th, 2014 @ 12:26pm CDT
I love the overall look of the figure and the way it transforms. I just cannot get over the way he looks from behind though. He is too much of a rectangle/chunky when viewed from the back.

Ending Soon On eBay

LOT TRANSFORMERS FIGURE LEGENDS CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME MEGATRON GRIMLOCK BUMBLEBEE - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 19 minutes 8 seconds
TANKOR Transformers Beast Machines Mega Class 100% Complete 2000 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 20 minutes 2 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Ultimate Bumblebee Action Figure 2007 #15197 - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 35 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Animated Deluxe Class Cyberton Mode Optimus Prime New 4 inch 2007 - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 37 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Dark Moon DOTM Powerhead Walkie Talkies OPTIMUS PRIME STARSCREAM - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 24 minutes 33 seconds
LOT TRANSFORMERS FIGURE COMBINER WARS GENERATIONS MOTORMASTER WHEEL JACK DELUXE - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 55 minutes
transformers g1 headmaster hosehead with lug - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 25 minutes 42 seconds
Skyburst with Aerialbots Hasbro Transformers Power Core Combiners US - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 27 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory