Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review

Transformers News: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review

Tuesday, July 30th, 2013 5:51AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Reviews
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,267

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

(In)Justice for All
(Spoiler free-ish)



Note:
The review is fairly spoiler-free for the current issue, but does talk about plot points arising in previous ones.





Synopsis

BETRAYAL! The Lost Light may be occupied by enemy forces, but that’s the least of RODIMUS’ problems! As he awaits execution, the one-time Matrix holder realizes how little he knows about the people he once called friends. Is there anyone left he can trust? And where does the legendary STAR SABER fit into all this?

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review
Heeeere's Ringo!


Story
We left the crew of the Lost Light, or focused on a part of it at least, in a cell with Minimus Ambus - who revealed his true identity as Ultra Magnus. Or the other way round, rather. We now pick up from that point, and get to find out more about the true nature of the Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord, and about Tyrest himself.

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review
The mustache in the machine


Of course, the main dish is the Ultra Magnus backstory, but the entrée, starters and sides are fairly appetising too. More on that later. One problem with the explanation about the Magnus armour? The attention deflectors don't hold, at all. It's an easy plot device, only recently introduced, possibly for it to be used here. And it still doesn't work. That aside, I'm, personally, really glad that Roberts is playing on an established idea in the franchise, taking it a little further than white-optimus-in-armour.

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review
BUILD GIANT ROBOT!


The other courses, from Tyrest to Star Saber to Pharma and Ratchet, are interestingly fitted in, and for some reason we had seemed to forget about Whirl and Cyclonus, who are up to good. Somehow, however, Roberts hasn't kept things up enough throughout this issue, and, like in Overlord's fight, things feel a bit rushed with some shocking moments to distract us. And Tyrest, being so overly lawful to become evil.. or is he?

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review
Tyrest, the big, philosophical softy


I have to say, as much as there are interesting points about various plots, it didn't kick me as usual. There is pain, suffering, gore, torture, sadists, information about Skids and his secret, Tyrest and his intentions, even more about the Circle of Light. But. I wasn't that impressed.

Art

The artwork, on the other hand, works really well with the story. Milne lifts up the plot in beautifully crafted pencilwork, giving splatter to the gore and feeling to the emotions. There are some really ..er.. beautiful panels that I will not show for the sake of readers' enjoyment, and the credit (also on the cover) goes to the inker, Brian Shearer, too. It's excellent to see a team work that well with each other, and the result is stunning.

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review
A robot. With bags under its eyes.


Obviously the colours are the usual amazingness that Burcham delivers, shifting from light interiors to dark rooms, adapting to the mood and setting for each scene, and playing really well with Milne and Shearer's artwork. The whole is completed by the spot-on, as usual, lettering by Long. Not as creative as usual, but the tone of the story didn't need it, and what he does mixes perfectly with the stunning non-textual work.

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review
Proof? Proof


I apologise for gushing out on the artwork again, but I am genuinely impressed at the synergy that Milne, Shearer, Burcham and Long have created among themselves, working on Roberts' scripts. There are some excellent panels in this issue, and it deserves to be read even just for that.

Thoughts
Spoilerish ahead

The multiple plots didn't blend as well as usual in this one, and I have an issue with the pacing of the story and depiction of characters. But someone pointed out to me that there are two more parts to this arc, and those may redeem the faults of this issue in some way. We will see. Definitely give it a couple of reads, though.

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review
Le-gis-late. Le-gis-late.


Overall, though, it's a good issue, especially thanks to the artwork, as I have gushed out above. And, as usual, don't get too attached to characters, or you'll miss them when they're gone. And they will go, oh how they will go. Here's hoping that the ending to this arc does not disappoint like the Overlord one, but there are definitely answers in here that I wasn't expecting to ask any more.

PS: Make sure you read the letters pages: there's a really nice personal response to the events of MTMTE #15 from a reader.

. :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: - out of :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT: :BOT:
Credit(s): IDW Publishing, Va'al
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507759)
Posted by Lilformerz on July 30th, 2013 @ 6:00am CDT
Another great review va'al! :APPLAUSE:
I cannot wait another night to get this issue :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507762)
Posted by Hypershock on July 30th, 2013 @ 6:07am CDT
I cannot wait for this issue!!
No offense to you Va'al, but often on these reviews, it seems to me that you don't like them quite as much up front but warm up to them with time. You always make a point of the issue having great plot points, but not living up to past ones. If every issue is only mediocre, though, what great issues are you comparing them to?
This isn't a criticism, i'm honestly curious as to which MTMTE/RID issues you find better than the current run. Sometimes i agree, but others i can't help but have a love-fest for the IDW crew
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507770)
Posted by Va'al on July 30th, 2013 @ 6:40am CDT
Hypershock wrote:I cannot wait for this issue!!
No offense to you Va'al, but often on these reviews, it seems to me that you don't like them quite as much up front but warm up to them with time. You always make a point of the issue having great plot points, but not living up to past ones. If every issue is only mediocre, though, what great issues are you comparing them to?
This isn't a criticism, i'm honestly curious as to which MTMTE/RID issues you find better than the current run. Sometimes i agree, but others i can't help but have a love-fest for the IDW crew


Well, that's the thing. I don't want to gush too much, and I already do it a lot with the art aspect of the issues. I'd rather keep a more distanced look, trying to be objective about them, when I write the review (usually after four reads, too, and a fifth during the review itself, as I look for images).

Where did I say it compares badly to past ones? (I'm actually curious, please tell me! :D )
In this case, I actually complained about it starting to look too similar to the Overlord arc, which was too rushed. And I said that at the time, too.

Good issues? Shadowplay, definitely, Before and After, and Interiors.
Spotlight: Trailcutter too. As for RID, Stick Together and Interference Patterns.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507832)
Posted by Henry921 on July 30th, 2013 @ 12:21pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Good issues? Shadowplay, definitely, Before and After, and Interiors.
Spotlight: Trailcutter too. As for RID, Stick Together and Interference Patterns.


You forgot Shockwaves, which gets my vote for best RID issue. I also thought both Annuals were pretty good.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507841)
Posted by Va'al on July 30th, 2013 @ 12:53pm CDT
Henry921 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Good issues? Shadowplay, definitely, Before and After, and Interiors.
Spotlight: Trailcutter too. As for RID, Stick Together and Interference Patterns.


You forgot Shockwaves, which gets my vote for best RID issue. I also thought both Annuals were pretty good.


Hmmm. I had some issues with Shockwaves, as it messed up some of the established continuity. I'll go back and read it again once I get the trade.

The Annuals are definitely worth a mention, but more for the flashback stuff than the contemporary story, in my opinion. The art in MTMTE wasn't always amazing, and that dropped the volume a little. And the Omega Supreme/Metalhawk ending in RiD was terribly terribly cheesy.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507920)
Posted by Hypershock on July 30th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Hypershock wrote:I cannot wait for this issue!!
No offense to you Va'al, but often on these reviews, it seems to me that you don't like them quite as much up front but warm up to them with time. You always make a point of the issue having great plot points, but not living up to past ones. If every issue is only mediocre, though, what great issues are you comparing them to?
This isn't a criticism, i'm honestly curious as to which MTMTE/RID issues you find better than the current run. Sometimes i agree, but others i can't help but have a love-fest for the IDW crew


Well, that's the thing. I don't want to gush too much, and I already do it a lot with the art aspect of the issues. I'd rather keep a more distanced look, trying to be objective about them, when I write the review (usually after four reads, too, and a fifth during the review itself, as I look for images).

Where did I say it compares badly to past ones? (I'm actually curious, please tell me! :D )
In this case, I actually complained about it starting to look too similar to the Overlord arc, which was too rushed. And I said that at the time, too.

Good issues? Shadowplay, definitely, Before and After, and Interiors.
Spotlight: Trailcutter too. As for RID, Stick Together and Interference Patterns.

okay, i see where you're coming from. and you didn't say it compares badly, i just wanted to see it from your perspective is all. I admire that you're trying to stay objective, you just sometimes seem very underwhelmed by some issues
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507934)
Posted by Stormrider on July 30th, 2013 @ 8:49pm CDT
Thanks Va'al! I always love reading your reviews. Would we happen to know the person that is posted in the letters in issue #15? :D
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507942)
Posted by Henry921 on July 30th, 2013 @ 9:43pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Henry921 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Good issues? Shadowplay, definitely, Before and After, and Interiors.
Spotlight: Trailcutter too. As for RID, Stick Together and Interference Patterns.


You forgot Shockwaves, which gets my vote for best RID issue. I also thought both Annuals were pretty good.


Hmmm. I had some issues with Shockwaves, as it messed up some of the established continuity. I'll go back and read it again once I get the trade.

The Annuals are definitely worth a mention, but more for the flashback stuff than the contemporary story, in my opinion. The art in MTMTE wasn't always amazing, and that dropped the volume a little. And the Omega Supreme/Metalhawk ending in RiD was terribly terribly cheesy.



Yeah, the art for the MTMTE annual was a bit choppy and inconsistent, but at least the Galactic Council fleet looked menacing and added a good non-Cybertronian enemy for the Lost Light crew.

As for Shockwaves messing up continuity... you do know this is the IDW verse, right? The continuity's been retconned and repaired and re-retconned since Shane McCarthy.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507971)
Posted by burning_sirius on July 31st, 2013 @ 12:10am CDT
Let me first say this: I do like that there are Transformer comic reviews... now for the controversial thing. I dislike nearly all of them.

Where to begin, Va'al certainly does a better job than tfw2005 in terms of being even handed, but I still get the feeling these are all hastily done and over reliant on TVTropes to categorize things or shoe horn plot elements into nice neat bins to hate on.

You also see a huge difference in attitudes between Regeneration One and RID/MTMTE, the former having just as good a story, but the later being praised for building upon what Furman established. Is there that much of a rush to get these out there? Can we not take time and read it let it sink in and think things through unless you all get it like a week earlier, but from what I can tell its pretty much you get it, read it and then do a write up.

This is why you all had retrospective reviews which I actually enjoyed. They contained much better opinions than these.

Anyways, I am pointing out something to which you can help improve the quality of the content of the site. I hope you all keep doing well with the IDW comic reviews.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1507993)
Posted by Va'al on July 31st, 2013 @ 4:24am CDT
Stormrider wrote:Thanks Va'al! I always love reading your reviews. Would we happen to know the person that is posted in the letters in issue #15? :D


Not that I'm aware of, no. :D

I would say if it were me, don't worry. ;)

burning_sirius wrote:Let me first say this: I do like that there are Transformer comic reviews... now for the controversial thing. I dislike nearly all of them.

Where to begin, Va'al certainly does a better job than tfw2005 in terms of being even handed, but I still get the feeling these are all hastily done and over reliant on TVTropes to categorize things or shoe horn plot elements into nice neat bins to hate on.

You also see a huge difference in attitudes between Regeneration One and RID/MTMTE, the former having just as good a story, but the later being praised for building upon what Furman established. Is there that much of a rush to get these out there? Can we not take time and read it let it sink in and think things through unless you all get it like a week earlier, but from what I can tell its pretty much you get it, read it and then do a write up.

This is why you all had retrospective reviews which I actually enjoyed. They contained much better opinions than these.

Anyways, I am pointing out something to which you can help improve the quality of the content of the site. I hope you all keep doing well with the IDW comic reviews.



For the record, I've never even visited TVTropes.

I've mentioned somewhere before that I take my time, as I get the comics on the Friday before they're released, and write the review on the Monday, reading it at least three/four times, with another as I write things up. I also have to go through it to pick out images.

Of course, sometimes they can be a little faster than others: last week's BH3 was all done in a day, because of when we received the material, for example.


I'm not sure what you're saying about ReGen vs RID/MTMTE, could you please explain it again?


But thank you for your comments, I'm glad you took the time to let me know what it was that you disagreed with (though I'm still unsure I can put my finger on it exactly). :D
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508044)
Posted by cybercat on July 31st, 2013 @ 9:18am CDT
I'm going to try to keep this spoiler free bc of the thread title, but I will say that one thing that consistently is problematic for me in Roberts's writing is the way he just JAMS worldbuilding in. I love worldbuilding, I adore that we now know the distinction between forged and constructed cold, but at this point in a story arc, it's a bit breaking the reader contract to pull all this "OH YOU DIDN"T KNOW THIS" stuff on the reader.

Chekov famously said, if you have a gun in the first act, it better get fired by act three. It's act three, and guns are firing that haven't been on tables. I enjoy the story, but the way I don't have a chance to figure it out for myself because I don't even have half the pieces gets a little frustrating.

CC, that said, I rather liked the issue.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508073)
Posted by Va'al on July 31st, 2013 @ 11:31am CDT
There is a lot of work expected from the readers, yes. But I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing.

Now, when the solution to a problem is 'millions of tiny attention deflectors', then nope. Try again.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508154)
Posted by burning_sirius on July 31st, 2013 @ 3:49pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
For the record, I've never even visited TVTropes.

I've mentioned somewhere before that I take my time, as I get the comics on the Friday before they're released, and write the review on the Monday, reading it at least three/four times, with another as I write things up. I also have to go through it to pick out images.

Of course, sometimes they can be a little faster than others: last week's BH3 was all done in a day, because of when we received the material, for example.


I'm not sure what you're saying about ReGen vs RID/MTMTE, could you please explain it again?


But thank you for your comments, I'm glad you took the time to let me know what it was that you disagreed with (though I'm still unsure I can put my finger on it exactly). :D


Hey thanks for the reply and thanks for taking it well. Maybe I was a bit harsh because I came off reading other reviews and then read this, but that is what I feel about most tf reviews. I said you were better lol and now I know. You don't read TVTropes!!!! That puts you as my favorite reviewer!!! I will keep looking forward to the retroactive reviews where some comics that initially got great reviews fade and those that were thought to be 'bad' appreciate in value. I am glad you all at least do that and they have been my favorite and enjoyable reviews. I suppose it comes with the territory of trying to pump the review out there asap and the spoiler restraints so there is no way to get some deeper thoughts. Keep it up Va'al. Thanks for hearing me out again. Peace.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508168)
Posted by Va'al on July 31st, 2013 @ 4:25pm CDT
burning_sirius wrote:Hey thanks for the reply and thanks for taking it well. Maybe I was a bit harsh because I came off reading other reviews and then read this, but that is what I feel about most tf reviews. I said you were better lol and now I know. You don't read TVTropes!!!! That puts you as my favorite reviewer!!! I will keep looking forward to the retroactive reviews where some comics that initially got great reviews fade and those that were thought to be 'bad' appreciate in value. I am glad you all at least do that and they have been my favorite and enjoyable reviews. I suppose it comes with the territory of trying to pump the review out there asap and the spoiler restraints so there is no way to get some deeper thoughts. Keep it up Va'al. Thanks for hearing me out again. Peace.


Hah, thanks! :D

I've been told today that Roberts is quite the fan of TVTropes, so I might have to look into it eventually.

You touched on a good point there: spoilers. I don't have any directive regarding them, but I feel that if I put up a review a day (or two, for some) before the issue comes out, it might ruin the experience. If the series keeps playing around with big revelations as it has, though, I may have to switch to a more open style, not caring about spoilers at all.

I'll keep in mind the comment you make about retrospective stuff, I might consider going back on the whole run before Dark Cybertron begins... :-?
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508289)
Posted by Burn on August 1st, 2013 @ 6:57am CDT
So I read this.

For the most part, I've not really enjoyed RID or MTMTE. However last issue left me looking forward to this issue to find out the truth about Ultra Magnus.

Now ... I'm an Ultra Magnus fanboy, so I'm a little sensitive to how the character is handled. And honestly, his character has been the most enjoyable of the series.

Except he's not Ultra Magnus. He's just some bot in the "Magnus Armour". There use to be an Ultra Magnus, but he died. Now he's just a suit that Tyrest created.

Ultra Magnus is a fraud.
Ultra Magnus is a puppet.

That aside ... the one thing I did NOT like about this issue was one panel ... one little panel.

Tyrest is covered in holes. When questioned about them, he dismisses the question. It's answered later in the issue.

"I started drilling as a way of relieving the pressure on my conscience. One day, when the pain refused to subside, I aimed for the brain"

Self-harm ... self-harm in robots.

Now, as someone who many years ago contemplated performing such an act on himself many times ... I find it borderline insulting.

See, it's plainly obvious that Tyrest is nuts, he's insane, he's lost the plot.

That's not a reason to self-harm. To imply it is, well yeah ... borderline insulting.

Oh and Whirl and Cyclonus? Yeah ... those two could have their own "Odd Couple" sit-com.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508290)
Posted by Va'al on August 1st, 2013 @ 7:21am CDT
I'll quickly reply to the self-harm point, will come back later.

I hope it gets developed further, and it's not just a one-off mention of a serious issue.
Because just dropping it there trivialises it. And given the fact that it's an obviously disturbed character, it increases the perception of self-harm as being something crazy people do.

Whereas it's a fairly common issue, unfortunately. And yes, it is people who are unwell, but not genocidal, psychotic murderers with religious delusions. As it is, just now, it's problematic. If it gets explored more, it could work. I don't have an issue with using robots to explore these issues, drugs have been used before, religion has been used, relationships have been used, even gender issues, badly, but they've been used.

(Sorry Burn, you've read this before.)

What do others think?
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508360)
Posted by Devastron on August 1st, 2013 @ 12:12pm CDT
You need to go back and reread the issue about the whole drilling bit. Tyrest says it was a way of relieving the pressure, showing that he was starting to crack. One day it wasn't working and in desperation he drilled a hole to his brain. It was after that that he 'saw the light' and became the genocidal maniac. This heavily implies that he damaged his brain somehow. Certainly drilling a hole to it/into it isn't healthy, even for a Transformer. Certainly in humans brain damage can cause memory loss, personality changes, etc. Who is to say that isn't true for a Transformer?
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508794)
Posted by Flashwave on August 3rd, 2013 @ 12:12am CDT
Burn wrote:So I read this.

For the most part, I've not really enjoyed RID or MTMTE. However last issue left me looking forward to this issue to find out the truth about Ultra Magnus.

Now ... I'm an Ultra Magnus fanboy, so I'm a little sensitive to how the character is handled. And honestly, his character has been the most enjoyable of the series.

Except he's not Ultra Magnus. He's just some bot in the "Magnus Armour". There use to be an Ultra Magnus, but he died. Now he's just a suit that Tyrest created.

Ultra Magnus is a fraud.
Ultra Magnus is a puppet.

That aside ... the one thing I did NOT like about this issue was one panel ... one little panel.

Tyrest is covered in holes. When questioned about them, he dismisses the question. It's answered later in the issue.

"I started drilling as a way of relieving the pressure on my conscience. One day, when the pain refused to subside, I aimed for the brain"

Self-harm ... self-harm in robots.

Now, as someone who many years ago contemplated performing such an act on himself many times ... I find it borderline insulting.

See, it's plainly obvious that Tyrest is nuts, he's insane, he's lost the plot.

That's not a reason to self-harm. To imply it is, well yeah ... borderline insulting.

Never been in a postion of wanting to cause self- harm, but I think for me this is a poorly written panel being misconstrued. Yes, Tyrest is offically off his rocker, and he's acting out of a paranoid conspsiracy, but to me, it read more like "Tyrest is Drilling because of something he did." Or "Tyrest is drilling because of something he did and the drilling made him crazy" than it is that Tyrest is drilling because he already was crazy. Or maybe its a Chicken vs. Egg scenario.

I wish there were time in the comics to explore his theory,cause one could get real deep real fast in Cybertronian society, was there a difference in the upbringing if a cold-constructed bot vs. a forged one? What if Tyrest is right, there's a marked difference? RThe parallells that could be drawn are really cool to think about. But then, I like that expansiony stuff. It humanizes the Transformers, much like Roddenberry would make the aliens of Star Trek relatable, dealing with social issues like our own despite being so different.

Prediction: Whirl, the psychopath who singlehandedly convinced Megatron that Violence is the only answer is gonna pull a Verity on Tyrest. He made a ig fuss about being Forged, and turned out as bad or worse than many of the Aquitas prisoners. he could easily turn Tyrest's theory on its head, and I could totally see him doing so.
The other thing I really like about Tyrest's bit about Self Harm is how it relates kinda sorta back to Chromedome and Tailgate's scene about the Relinquishment clinics, when Chromey said they were being used as Suicide Suites, and observed how hard it is to actually die for a Transformer who's lost it all. Again, the Suicide Suites were deep, and did more to realize the Transformers than just "Hur Dur Robot shoot RObot". I can see how suicide or assisted Murder, even in Robots couldld be a touchy topic, but it gives our metal beings culture, and that's cool. And I really want to toast the writers for being brave enough to explore these alternative avenues to "Prime shoots Megatron" stories.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508854)
Posted by Stormrider on August 3rd, 2013 @ 8:21am CDT
I haven't read this far into the series yet. Can someone tell me what is meant by cold-constructed bot vs. a forged one? I am curious :)
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1508858)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2013 @ 8:37am CDT
Stormrider wrote:I haven't read this far into the series yet. Can someone tell me what is meant by cold-constructed bot vs. a forged one? I am curious :)


I'll copy the TFWiki section, removing spoilers for the issue, as it summarises it better than I was going to.

Cybertronians are created through at least two methods, they are either "Forged" or "Constructed Cold." Forging was the natural way for Cybertronians to be created. An energy pulse from Vector Sigma would flash actoss the world, igniting a hot spot where new sparks would emerge from the planet. There would be great rejoycing and ceremony and the sparks and base substance would be sought out and harvested from the living metal of Cybertron or its moons. Cold Construction was a method created later when Nova Prime learned natural spark creation was slowing and might someday end. He created it as a way of bolstering the population. The general population was told that it functioned through splitting a Forged spark to create a new life.


Essentially, 'forged' is perceived as being the more natural of the two, where the spark and the materials for the bot are found and ..forged together into a new being. On the other hand,'constructed cold' is the creation of a body without a spark, to which one would be added later. More or less.

In the racial analogy, forged is the 'superior' class.
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1509065)
Posted by Stormrider on August 3rd, 2013 @ 9:11pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Stormrider wrote:I haven't read this far into the series yet. Can someone tell me what is meant by cold-constructed bot vs. a forged one? I am curious :)


I'll copy the TFWiki section, removing spoilers for the issue, as it summarises it better than I was going to.

Cybertronians are created through at least two methods, they are either "Forged" or "Constructed Cold." Forging was the natural way for Cybertronians to be created. An energy pulse from Vector Sigma would flash actoss the world, igniting a hot spot where new sparks would emerge from the planet. There would be great rejoycing and ceremony and the sparks and base substance would be sought out and harvested from the living metal of Cybertron or its moons. Cold Construction was a method created later when Nova Prime learned natural spark creation was slowing and might someday end. He created it as a way of bolstering the population. The general population was told that it functioned through splitting a Forged spark to create a new life.


Essentially, 'forged' is perceived as being the more natural of the two, where the spark and the materials for the bot are found and ..forged together into a new being. On the other hand,'constructed cold' is the creation of a body without a spark, to which one would be added later. More or less.

In the racial analogy, forged is the 'superior' class.



Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. :)
Re: Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #19 Review (1509094)
Posted by chaosmage42 on August 3rd, 2013 @ 11:10pm CDT
i think the concept is kinda interesting -i wounder if it means that there are different types of sparks -ie sparks that lend themselves to special abilities or designs. the load bearer type of .01% makes me think that different sparks may have different special properties ie some sparks allow bots to be triple changers for example. We already know there are the mitotic sparks that can split into multiple bodies like magmatron- though this is a different media i kinda wounder if this will get expanded on.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014