Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek

Transformers News: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 10:25PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,597

Thanks to iTunes we get a sneak peek at Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15. This issue is scheduled to release on March 21st, but you can enjoy an early glimpse below if you don't mind a potential spoiler.

DEATH IN THE RANKS! Rodimus and his crew are confronted by the enemy within—and not everyone will survive the encounter. Everything has been building to this: all-out war aboard the Lost Light!

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek
Credit(s): iTunes
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470191)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 7th, 2013 @ 11:46pm CST
I hope that old idiom "can't judge a book by it's cover" is true in this case. Cos it looks like Magnus just bought it.

I bet Hot Rod's having trouble dealing with that now.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470203)
Posted by Dark Ops on March 8th, 2013 @ 12:56am CST
I can't pick up much detail at the moment, but it looks like Atomizer managed to stick a few arrows into him. Bet Mags is wishing he'd have let him keep that crossbow about now.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470223)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 8th, 2013 @ 3:24am CST
Sooooo looking forward to this.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470310)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:26am CST
Roche/Burcham cover!

Via Josh Burcham on Twitter.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470313)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:37am CST
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my being cannot handle two MTMTE issues in one month.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470317)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:49am CST
IDW's talented cover colorist Josh Burcham has shared his and Nick Roche's alternate cover for this month's upcoming issue, Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #15. The cover features the captain of the Lost Light nearly being engulfed by a certain Phase-Sixer. With the release of MTMTE #14 in the rear view mirror, and MTMTE #15 goodies in this cover, the recently leaked preview, and the likelihood that this issue will actually be released on the week of March 20th - the month of March looks to be a treat for MTMTE fans!

(via Deviantart)
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470322)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:54am CST
Oh look, Hot Rod's about to get eaten by a Space Siren. SERVES YOU RIGHT YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR A PRIME!!!!!!
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470330)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 8th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CST
"Look, it wasn't my fault! I didn't want to get involved in Kiss Players, but Takara invoked a clause in my contract! This is NOT poetic justice!"
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470365)
Posted by excalibur1814 on March 8th, 2013 @ 3:02pm CST
Here's the twist....

Overlord wrecks havoc, kills lots of bots, then CHromedome gets what he needs as Overlord is still locked up. All part of the plan.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470539)
Posted by MarkNL on March 9th, 2013 @ 12:23pm CST
Hmm.. I don't really like the "Animated-style" G1 designs..I prefer the original/classic G1 designs.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1471668)
Posted by El Duque on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:10am CDT
Writer of the highly popular IDW series Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing, James Roberts, stopped by the IDW forums to drop some teasers for next week release of issue #15. Not to overly spoiler-ish, but proceed with caution.

James Roberts wrote:What? MTMTE #15 is out next Wednesday, you say? Really? Well I never. It seems like only a fortnight ago I was trying to whet your appetite with regards to issue #14.

As most of us know, the new issue contains a story called "Under Cold Blue Stars", which is lifted from a Josh Rouse song. The song's really nice, but has nothing to do with the contents of the issue beyond the fact that, y'know, the battle takes place, um, under some stars.

For a long, long time this story was going to be called "Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?", after a fantastic song by Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, and much as I like the idea of interrogative story titles, it was too meta (and it would have made me sound very presumptuous and you'd have wanted to pelt me with bricks).

"First of the Gang to Die" (a Morrissey song) was another contender. I do come up with my own titles sometimes, you know. Anyway, I've posted a link to the Moz track on my Twitter account and I think it's been added to the ever-expanding MTMTE soundtrack thread.

The two songs I have for this issue are:

This is a cover of great Nick Cave song. I'm posting it because of the heat and passion and anguish, rather than the (phenomenally good) lyrics.

And here's a more traditional rabble-rouser:

Here is this month's dialog snippet:

"I really don't know if I can forgive you for this."

One last thing: I plan MTMTE out very carefully, and have done since the start. You know, grand plans and all that. In this issue, for the first time, and in connection with a certain character, I changed the grand plan. When the dust settles, and assuming you're still talking to me, and assuming people want to know, I'll spill the beans.

See you next month for the aftermath.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION SET OF 6 FIGURES SILVER KNIGHT/OPTIMUS/LOCKDOWN - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 28 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe Fuzors Sky Shadow - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 48 minutes 44 seconds
Headmaster Brainstorm Arcana G1 Transformers Vintage Hasbro 1987 Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 50 minutes 29 seconds
Scourge TARGETMASTER Action Figure Tech Spec 1987 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 50 minutes 37 seconds
Sureshot Targetmaster * 100% Complete 1987 Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 18 days 20 hours 35 minutes 20 seconds
Blast Off Bruticus * 100% Complete 1986 G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 35 minutes 15 seconds
Whirl * 100% Complete 1985 Vintage G1 Transformers Bell AH-1Cobra Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 50 minutes 30 seconds
Beast Wars Transmetal Terrorsaur 100% Complete Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 50 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks