Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek

Transformers News: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek

Thursday, March 7th, 2013 10:25PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,224

Thanks to iTunes we get a sneak peek at Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15. This issue is scheduled to release on March 21st, but you can enjoy an early glimpse below if you don't mind a potential spoiler.

DEATH IN THE RANKS! Rodimus and his crew are confronted by the enemy within—and not everyone will survive the encounter. Everything has been building to this: all-out war aboard the Lost Light!

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek
Credit(s): iTunes
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470191)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 7th, 2013 @ 11:46pm CST
I hope that old idiom "can't judge a book by it's cover" is true in this case. Cos it looks like Magnus just bought it.

I bet Hot Rod's having trouble dealing with that now.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470203)
Posted by Dark Ops on March 8th, 2013 @ 12:56am CST
I can't pick up much detail at the moment, but it looks like Atomizer managed to stick a few arrows into him. Bet Mags is wishing he'd have let him keep that crossbow about now.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470223)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 8th, 2013 @ 3:24am CST
Sooooo looking forward to this.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470310)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:26am CST
Roche/Burcham cover!

Via Josh Burcham on Twitter.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470313)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:37am CST
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my being cannot handle two MTMTE issues in one month.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470317)
Posted by Anonymous. on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:49am CST
IDW's talented cover colorist Josh Burcham has shared his and Nick Roche's alternate cover for this month's upcoming issue, Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #15. The cover features the captain of the Lost Light nearly being engulfed by a certain Phase-Sixer. With the release of MTMTE #14 in the rear view mirror, and MTMTE #15 goodies in this cover, the recently leaked preview, and the likelihood that this issue will actually be released on the week of March 20th - the month of March looks to be a treat for MTMTE fans!

(via Deviantart)
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470322)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 8th, 2013 @ 11:54am CST
Oh look, Hot Rod's about to get eaten by a Space Siren. SERVES YOU RIGHT YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR A PRIME!!!!!!
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470330)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 8th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CST
"Look, it wasn't my fault! I didn't want to get involved in Kiss Players, but Takara invoked a clause in my contract! This is NOT poetic justice!"
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470365)
Posted by excalibur1814 on March 8th, 2013 @ 3:02pm CST
Here's the twist....

Overlord wrecks havoc, kills lots of bots, then CHromedome gets what he needs as Overlord is still locked up. All part of the plan.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1470539)
Posted by MarkNL on March 9th, 2013 @ 12:23pm CST
Hmm.. I don't really like the "Animated-style" G1 designs..I prefer the original/classic G1 designs.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #15 Sneak Peek (1471668)
Posted by El Duque on March 14th, 2013 @ 8:10am CDT
Writer of the highly popular IDW series Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing, James Roberts, stopped by the IDW forums to drop some teasers for next week release of issue #15. Not to overly spoiler-ish, but proceed with caution.

James Roberts wrote:What? MTMTE #15 is out next Wednesday, you say? Really? Well I never. It seems like only a fortnight ago I was trying to whet your appetite with regards to issue #14.

As most of us know, the new issue contains a story called "Under Cold Blue Stars", which is lifted from a Josh Rouse song. The song's really nice, but has nothing to do with the contents of the issue beyond the fact that, y'know, the battle takes place, um, under some stars.

For a long, long time this story was going to be called "Are You Ready To Be Heartbroken?", after a fantastic song by Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, and much as I like the idea of interrogative story titles, it was too meta (and it would have made me sound very presumptuous and you'd have wanted to pelt me with bricks).

"First of the Gang to Die" (a Morrissey song) was another contender. I do come up with my own titles sometimes, you know. Anyway, I've posted a link to the Moz track on my Twitter account and I think it's been added to the ever-expanding MTMTE soundtrack thread.

The two songs I have for this issue are:

This is a cover of great Nick Cave song. I'm posting it because of the heat and passion and anguish, rather than the (phenomenally good) lyrics.

And here's a more traditional rabble-rouser:

Here is this month's dialog snippet:

"I really don't know if I can forgive you for this."

One last thing: I plan MTMTE out very carefully, and have done since the start. You know, grand plans and all that. In this issue, for the first time, and in connection with a certain character, I changed the grand plan. When the dust settles, and assuming you're still talking to me, and assuming people want to know, I'll spill the beans.

See you next month for the aftermath.

Ending Soon On eBay

2002 Transformers Voyager Class Armada red Alert+Longarm Mini-con+comic MISB new - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 19 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: PROWL Deluxe Action Figure Robots In Disguise - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 35 minutes 3 seconds
2007 Hasbro Transformers Star Wars Darth Vader Death Star, Incomplete -Free Ship - Time Remaining: 8 days 18 hours 19 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers 2002 Action Figure Armada Scavenger+ mini-con and Comic Book MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 36 minutes 37 seconds
G1 Transformers TRYPTICON RIGHT + LEFT RAMP LOT parts - Time Remaining: 9 days 9 hours 14 minutes 30 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime, complete & in great condition! - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 40 minutes 45 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME PREDAKING VOYAGER CLASS PREDACON - BEAST HUNTERS Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 25 minutes 44 seconds
1982 Takara Transformers Grand Prix Race Car 26 Citanes Generation G 1 Robot - Time Remaining: 9 days 10 hours 10 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016