Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art

Transformers News: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 4:08PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,523

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye artist Alex Milne has shared an exclusive concept design for "Shadowplay" Roller by way of UK fansite Full Metal Hero. Looks like Roller has been hitting the gym! Be sure to pick up Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Ongoing #10 tomorrow. Click here for a preview and here for our full review.

Since this book will be out tomorrow, and the preview is already up online I thought I would just share this design of Roller with you.
it was a lot of fun to come up with his look for issue 10 of MTMTE. When going over what he should look like with James, he mentioned he wanted him to transform into a prisoner transport. With that in mind I started to really think about how big he should be. Finally I decided that he needed to be bigger then Orion Pax. He has a few similar design aspect as pax has. I wanted that since they are a team/partners at the police station.
Well, I must get back to MTMTE, enjoy

Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art
Credit(s): Alex Milne via FMH

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art (1435410)
Posted by craggy on October 30th, 2012 @ 4:47pm CDT
Pax and Roller are "partners".
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art (1435422)
Posted by Ultra Markus on October 30th, 2012 @ 5:11pm CDT
somebody make a toy of that!
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art (1435423)
Posted by craggy on October 30th, 2012 @ 5:17pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:somebody make a toy of that!

but only after we get Tarn!
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art (1435430)
Posted by Mkall on October 30th, 2012 @ 5:47pm CDT
I prefer the DJD in terms of design. Roller seems to take a lot from Dreamwave's WWI Prime's vehicle design.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art (1435445)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 30th, 2012 @ 6:57pm CDT
I would buy this kind of Roller as a toy on the spot. Another great character concept.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art (1435462)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 30th, 2012 @ 7:56pm CDT
I'm not really that impressed by it. I mean it looks like most of his other.background characters. While I've been very happy about the series, this is anotheret down design. The vehicle design seems dialed in too. I do however like the scale compared to Pax.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art (1435517)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on October 31st, 2012 @ 3:31am CDT
It looks like a cross between WWI Optimus and Xovergen's grand patriot.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art (1435769)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 31st, 2012 @ 10:05pm CDT
Nah. Doesn't do it for me. Doesn't even make sense. How would a bruiser like this guy allow himself to be turned into a tiny, semi-sentient lacky.
Re: Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Roller Concept Art (1435984)
Posted by Downbeat on November 1st, 2012 @ 1:52pm CDT
^ Part 3 of Shadowplay hasn't even come out yet, dudicus. I'm guessing that this Roller dies and the drone is named in his honor.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok