Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect"

Transformers News: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect"

Monday, February 2nd, 2009 3:00PM CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Site Articles
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 17,503

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:
Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect"

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

SERVE AND PROTECT

Story by;
Alysha Mck

Art, Colors & Letters by;
Benjamin Galley

Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect"
Credit(s): Richter
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (877804)
Posted by MYoung23 on February 2nd, 2009 @ 3:08pm CST
Nice mix of the G-1 robot modes with the movie alt modes.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (877807)
Posted by hippymule on February 2nd, 2009 @ 3:10pm CST
amazing! :D
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (877808)
Posted by Ultra Magnus on February 2nd, 2009 @ 3:11pm CST
ponycorn wrote:Nice Ironhide mosaic and gorgeous art including a transformation scene and a very nice closeup.

I'm confused though on how Mirage is at fault in anyway... :-(


Whenever there's talk of Ambushes and Traitors, Mirage is ALWAYS the culprit... kinda like whenever Cybertronians leave Cybertron, the only place they ever end up is EARTH. :)

Anyways, I like the use of Movie-Style alt-modes in the G1 setting. Pretty awesome. Great Ink/Color work too.

B-) :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (877854)
Posted by Predaprince on February 2nd, 2009 @ 4:33pm CST
I don't like it. Make a decision: G1 or Movie not both.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (877863)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 2nd, 2009 @ 4:42pm CST
Now thats what the movie bots should look like. They retain what a Transformer should look like but adds some thing new as well. Some one should send this to Bay.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (877873)
Posted by Tekka on February 2nd, 2009 @ 4:55pm CST
Nooooo, how dare you scratch Skywarp's paintwork you flabby, red monstrosity!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (877890)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on February 2nd, 2009 @ 5:11pm CST
Predaprince wrote:I don't like it. Make a decision: G1 or Movie not both.

I don't get it. What did this ever have to do with the movie? This was G1, or at least U2.0 Ironhide and Classics Prime with one of the recent trailers made for him...

Great Mosaic though! The best art in recent releases, IMO!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (877988)
Posted by First-Aid on February 2nd, 2009 @ 8:20pm CST
Predaprince wrote:I don't like it. Make a decision: G1 or Movie not both.


Little bitter are we? He can do what he wants...he's the writer! :grin:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (877997)
Posted by Predaprince on February 2nd, 2009 @ 8:30pm CST
First-Aid wrote:
Predaprince wrote:I don't like it. Make a decision: G1 or Movie not both.


Little bitter are we? He can do what he wants...he's the writer! :grin:


I really don't like the Mosaics that alter known facts of TF history. If you are making a G1 Mosaic, then the TFs should be their G1 designs.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (878088)
Posted by Dreadwinglord on February 3rd, 2009 @ 1:18am CST
I like it. wish Prime had transformed though.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (878125)
Posted by Sledge on February 3rd, 2009 @ 6:17am CST
Predaprince wrote:I really don't like the Mosaics that alter known facts of TF history. If you are making a G1 Mosaic, then the TFs should be their G1 designs.

Oh really? Which G1 designs would those be? How their toys looked? If so, which toys? How they looked in the cartoon? How they looked in the comics? If so, according to which artist?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (878218)
Posted by Metryx on February 3rd, 2009 @ 9:42am CST
Hey everyone, the artist here. Thanks for the kudos, glad you liked the redesigns! Well, except for those who didn't like the blend of G1/Movie (In my defense, I just looked at it as having fun designing my own G1 than trying to blend the movie into it. Prime and Ironhide have both been longnose semis and pickups long before 2007 came along. I dont consider my designs a movie aesthetic, or a "G1/Movie blend" but obviously the connotation is made, but its how people associate/interpret new things to what they already know.)

As for not liking it? Go you, no reason you should have to like it, or adhere to popular majority. Absolutely have your preferences and tastes, otherwise you'd just be a sheep. :)

(and everyone else.... really? I know we're Transfans and we have to hassle anyone who disagrees with us, but really? Really?) lol


Dreadwinglord wrote:I like it. wish Prime had transformed though.


I based Prime's long-nosed truck design after this Prime painting I did a year back or so, so maybe that's a nice compromise for him not transforming in this Mosaic? :D http://metryx.deviantart.com/art/Highwa ... n-65661483
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (878389)
Posted by skeletal13 on February 3rd, 2009 @ 4:22pm CST
Wow. Talk about some opinionated people! I always thought that Mosaic was supposed to be an outlet for the fans to apply their own creative and artistic license to the franchise. The way I see it, it's all open to interpretation. "Same" is boring. Kudos to this one. I really dug the re-designs and attempt to bring modern styling to G1.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (878415)
Posted by Predaprince on February 3rd, 2009 @ 5:16pm CST
Metryx wrote:Hey everyone, the artist here. Thanks for the kudos, glad you liked the redesigns! Well, except for those who didn't like the blend of G1/Movie (In my defense, I just looked at it as having fun designing my own G1 than trying to blend the movie into it. Prime and Ironhide have both been longnose semis and pickups long before 2007 came along. I dont consider my designs a movie aesthetic, or a "G1/Movie blend" but obviously the connotation is made, but its how people associate/interpret new things to what they already know.)

As for not liking it? Go you, no reason you should have to like it, or adhere to popular majority. Absolutely have your preferences and tastes, otherwise you'd just be a sheep. :)

(and everyone else.... really? I know we're Transfans and we have to hassle anyone who disagrees with us, but really? Really?) lol


Dreadwinglord wrote:I like it. wish Prime had transformed though.


I based Prime's long-nosed truck design after this Prime painting I did a year back or so, so maybe that's a nice compromise for him not transforming in this Mosaic? :D http://metryx.deviantart.com/art/Highwa ... n-65661483



Thank you. In no way was I insulting the artist or their drawing ability, I was merely stating my OPINION. It seems as though others didn't like the fact that I was stating my OPINION, though.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (878475)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on February 3rd, 2009 @ 6:53pm CST
I didn't mind you stating your opinion. I just didn't see the point of noting a mix of G1 and movie until last night. Still don't entirely agree, but it's your opinion and you have a right to it.

Prime looks more like a cross between Classics Prime and G2 Battle Convoy with the G1 trailer (or maybe the similar trailer announced recently).

It's with Ironhide's alt mode that I see your point, though. I think that could pass for the modified pickup used in the movie. Even then, however, it looks to me like it'd fit in with G1 as much as the movie.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "Serve and Protect" (878503)
Posted by Predaprince on February 3rd, 2009 @ 8:02pm CST
ShGarland_1383 wrote:I didn't mind you stating your opinion. I just didn't see the point of noting a mix of G1 and movie until last night. Still don't entirely agree, but it's your opinion and you have a right to it.




WHAT?????

What do you mean you didn't see the point of noting it until last night? That's the first post I put in this thread because it was right after I saw the mosaic. Am I expected to view a mosaic the moment it is immediately posted and reply to the thread about it
right away?

It seems as though the TF Cartoons and Comics Forum is the next forum to be filled with posters that debate with others merely because they stated their opinion.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014