Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol."

Transformers News: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol."

Monday, September 24th, 2012 8:30AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,485

The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:
Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol."

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

Follow Transformers Mosaic on Deviant Art, Facebook & Twitter

THE LOST PATROL

Story by;
Eric Holmes

Art by;
Matt C. Adams

Colors by;
Joanna Lafuente

Letters by;
Josh van Reyk

Edits by;
Shaun Knowler

Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol."
Credit(s): Richter
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423538)
Posted by Gundamu on September 24th, 2012 @ 8:34am CDT
Whoa! :shock:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423543)
Posted by jamiko on September 24th, 2012 @ 9:03am CDT
DAMN GOOD ONE! Some pretty good/scary details in the background.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423545)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 24th, 2012 @ 9:16am CDT
Pretty sweet.

But it can't beat The Last Enemy.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423555)
Posted by Flashwave on September 24th, 2012 @ 9:51am CDT
That's awesome, and so very much the style of the real thing. I do like the use of Jazz, Tracks, and Razorclaw like the Spotlight: Jazz.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423564)
Posted by triKlops on September 24th, 2012 @ 10:11am CDT
really nice artwork on this one
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423575)
Posted by _Anshin_ on September 24th, 2012 @ 10:24am CDT
Best one yet. I say it beats the last enemy just for the art work and fluid writing style.
This artist really deserves some props.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423611)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 24th, 2012 @ 11:43am CDT
Definitely an awesome one. :D
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423660)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 24th, 2012 @ 1:51pm CDT
Like. ;)^
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423663)
Posted by Manterax Prime on September 24th, 2012 @ 1:57pm CDT
Anyone else manage to spot "Eve" over Silvertreak's right shoulder?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423670)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 24th, 2012 @ 2:21pm CDT
Oh yes! Autobot casualties. Rust to pieces, Inferno and Tracks (EDIT: And Gears).

...

Okay, I didn't mean that, but I do get a kick out of dead transformers. Especially main cast members.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423672)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 24th, 2012 @ 2:27pm CDT
Great work. Who is the red hanging guy?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423676)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 24th, 2012 @ 2:39pm CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Great work. Who is the red hanging guy?

Looks like Gears. I just noticed it. :lol:
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423703)
Posted by jamiko on September 24th, 2012 @ 4:02pm CDT
Some of the good/scary details I was talking about. Good eye.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423715)
Posted by Cooter on September 24th, 2012 @ 4:46pm CDT
Looks like Grapple instead of Inferno, noticed the crumpled crane boom above him and the cable and hook are what Gears is hanging from, Excellent!
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423722)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 24th, 2012 @ 5:06pm CDT
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423734)
Posted by Down_Shift on September 24th, 2012 @ 5:44pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Anyone else manage to spot "Eve" over Silvertreak's right shoulder?

I was also wondering why there was a naked chic in the background. I never would have noticed if I hadn't noticed Razorclaw drawn in faintly with the background.

Very well done.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423742)
Posted by Stormrider on September 24th, 2012 @ 6:26pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Reminds me of the atmosphere in the original "Predator". Anyways, if you follow the old "Spotlight" series, 5 Predacons are no match for Jazz :lol:

Very well drawn and written. Yeah, I was expecting to see the Predator at the end, too the way it was stylized.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423785)
Posted by Trikeboy on September 24th, 2012 @ 9:34pm CDT
AWESOME!!!! Great story and artwork. I love how you can see Razorclaw before his reveal at the end. He is drawn in earlier panels but he is hard to see if you aren't looking for him. I missed Eve too. There is a lot going on in these panels. It's Mosaics like these that make me sad that soon we wont get anymore new ones.
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423880)
Posted by Rushie on September 25th, 2012 @ 9:26am CDT

I'm perplexed about the lady in the background though. Who is Eve? (aside from the biblical figure)
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423925)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 25th, 2012 @ 12:22pm CDT
Rushie wrote:That was great, very atmospheric story and the artwork looks like genuine official work.

Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423929)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 25th, 2012 @ 12:35pm CDT
I just took that as an architectural detail of a ruin in the jungle... not as a literal nude woman with an apple hanging out... you know... like Tomb Raider or Indiana Jones scenery. Am I wrong here? :-?
Re: Transformers Mosaic: "The Lost Patrol." (1423959)
Posted by MattHHS on September 25th, 2012 @ 2:58pm CDT
Hi gang. I'm Matt, the artist that drew this week's Mosaic. First off, thank you all for the kind words. They are greatly appreciated. And now, please allow me to address this naked lady issue.

That's Joana's "Treesha." I snuck her into the background in the hopes that she would color the page for us. As you can see, she's an amazing colorist. She's done a lot of IDW's stuff. Remember Casey Coller's Optimus with American Flag AHM cover? She colored it.

Hope that clears up the issue.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism