Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images

Transformers News: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images

Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 6:40PM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 42,191

ACtoys- chenkofs of ACtoys.net posted images of an as yet un-named repaint of the movie Evac figure. The Evac figure was itself a repaint of the movie Blackout mold, but with a remolded head, and pontoon/weapon instead of the mini Skopronok.

You can view the original thread here at ACtoys.

You can also see images of the blue and white repaint below as well. There are currently no additional details about this figure at this point, but as soon as we know more, we'll share with everyone.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Check out all the latest Seibertron.com movie news here, and toy news here!
Credit(s): alh77, megaoctane5, chenkofs at ACtoys.net

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (860958)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 3rd, 2009 @ 6:53pm CST

I think I actually like this mould now.
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (860984)
Posted by harvester on January 3rd, 2009 @ 7:41pm CST
I think this color scheme works well. I like this mold but I wish they would retool the feet somehow so it can stand more naturally. But I think the repaints of this mold get better and better. I think I like this better than Evac, from these pics anyways
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (860992)
Posted by Bumblebeast on January 3rd, 2009 @ 7:56pm CST
Looks awesome, but i've already have Blackout and Evac...
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (860998)
Posted by Zeds on January 3rd, 2009 @ 8:14pm CST
Let the movie line die already! Nice repaint though.
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861000)
Posted by nemesis-prime on January 3rd, 2009 @ 8:20pm CST
Zeds wrote:Let the movie line die already! Nice repaint though.

YES new figs stop repaint
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861026)
Posted by rpetras on January 3rd, 2009 @ 9:14pm CST
Personally, I don't mind repaints.

In a lot of cases I like 'em better than the originals. As long as they are cool, If not, I just skip them.

I really liked the Evac version of Blackout, too.
I have him in with my "Classics".
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861033)
Posted by Scaleface on January 3rd, 2009 @ 9:30pm CST
Nothing wrong with a well done repaint, especially if it's cool looking or a G1 homage. This Evac as Whirl looks great.

I use Movie Evac as my Classics Sandstorm, he's a great figure.
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861057)
Posted by First-Aid on January 3rd, 2009 @ 10:30pm CST
nemesis-prime wrote:
Zeds wrote:Let the movie line die already! Nice repaint though.

YES new figs stop repaint

I agree on both counts. nice repaint. I particularly like the face...almost looks menacing.

Stop the repaints. ALL repaints...right down to the Seeker repaints. Enough already...
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861074)
Posted by roboleadr on January 3rd, 2009 @ 10:59pm CST
I really like what they did with the colors, the only problem is, Is that I really liked the eye piping on the original set (blue) if they didn't change that i would totally want this, never mind I like the eyes how they are I LOVE THIS FIGURE!!! :D :D :D
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861075)
Posted by Valandar on January 3rd, 2009 @ 11:04pm CST
I did not like this mold as Evac, or the original as Blackout or Premium Blackout.

However, it isn't that bad in this white and blue scheme... it could even fit in with a little "team" I'm developing which includes Classics Mirage, Movie Longarm, and Wal-Mart Movie Breakaway repaint of Cyb Hotshot...
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861112)
Posted by omega666 on January 4th, 2009 @ 1:03am CST
Looks nice but I will pass. I already have both Blackouts and Evac. I might even sell one of my Blackouts.
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861158)
Posted by Swiftpaw on January 4th, 2009 @ 4:01am CST
Don't care what they name him, he looks like a new Whirl. Might get him just for that to go with Universe Roadbuster and Springer. Wreckers reborn! WRECK AND RULE!
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861186)
Posted by Zordon on January 4th, 2009 @ 7:26am CST
has anyone noticed the registration near the tail rotor ?

N073AD

looks like he going to be called Nomad me thinks
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861189)
Posted by Scaleface on January 4th, 2009 @ 7:39am CST
First-Aid wrote:
nemesis-prime wrote:
Zeds wrote:Let the movie line die already! Nice repaint though.

YES new figs stop repaint

That would disappoint a lot of fans. Some of us like a good repaint now and then.
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861218)
Posted by Rijie on January 4th, 2009 @ 8:55am CST
That does look really nice, he would make a good movie-style Whirl...and he won't be in the actual film.

On the subject of repaints: I've always defended this idea, knowing that it is as much a part of collecting as anything else. But, I'm going to be really disappointed if Hasbro/Paramount decide to repaint every single figure from the first line. Lame.
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861241)
Posted by typh0id on January 4th, 2009 @ 9:55am CST
nemesis-prime wrote:
Zeds wrote:Let the movie line die already! Nice repaint though.

YES new figs stop repaint

I have a feeling the new line is going to have a TON of repaints...

I don't mind repainting, in and of itself, if it is done thoughtfully...But they do tend to use it too frequently as a way to make some quick extra money...
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861263)
Posted by Firebird on January 4th, 2009 @ 11:22am CST
I'm buying this. Putting him next to Roadbuster in my classics display, and calling him Whirl. I don't care that I already have both Blackout and Evac, I really like the paint on this guy.

I just hope that the automorph works though...
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861307)
Posted by GetterDragun on January 4th, 2009 @ 1:02pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:That ish' is totally Whirl. They still have the name to that character if I recall.

I think I actually like this mould now.

I didn't like it until you said Whirl.

But man are we getting a load of repaints off the bat.
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861316)
Posted by Wheelimus Prime on January 4th, 2009 @ 1:27pm CST
so its a repaint of a repaint
Re: Transformers Movie Evac Repaint Images (861349)
Posted by alh77 on January 4th, 2009 @ 2:38pm CST
So far, for the most part, it's quickly becoming a line of repaints. I'm wondering now if Jazz will be repainted into Stepper and if maybe we could see CC BB into Bugbite.

I don't mind repaints as far them being turned into different characters, but when they repaint a figure as the same character with different colors and an adjective in front of its name, that's a bit much I think.

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage Transformers 1989 PARTS - victory galaxy shuttle platform Countdown - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 34 minutes 33 seconds
Kaiyodo Yamaguchi Revoltech 025 Transformers Megatron Destron Leader - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 40 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Universe Voyager Class Autobot Blades - Time Remaining: 8 days 3 hours 10 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers ROTF Bruticus Maximus Combiners by Hasbro Target Exclusive - Time Remaining: 8 days 3 hours 10 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2006 Exclusive Laserbeak and Buzzsaw Dawn of Futures Past - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 40 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Galaxy Force Sideways - Time Remaining: 8 days 40 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers G1 Victory D-336 Takara DEATHSAURUS DESZARAS Body + Custom Parts - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 55 minutes 9 seconds
67 Kup Orion Pax & Dion MISB Ehobby Takara G1 Transformers Wheelie - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 25 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory