Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube

Transformers News: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube

Friday, February 13th, 2009 7:40AM CST

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 23,998

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Youtube- The first Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen movie theater trailer that is paired with the release of Michael Bay's re-imagining of horror franchise classic, "Friday the 13th" has made an appearance on youtube.

The trailer, scheduled to be released on the internet on Monday, can be seen when going to view Friday the 13th, and seems to have some extended footage from what was released on the Super Bowl TV spot-- as to be expected.

You can view the trailer on youtube, but beware, it's action packed and full of teasers!



Stay tuned to Seibertron.com movie news...Revenge is coming!
Credit(s): War_On_Errorism, youtube
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883529)
Posted by Samsonator on February 13th, 2009 @ 7:50am CST
SCORPY'S BACK!!!
Man, I was always wondering what they had planned on doing with that one, I see he's moved up in the world, from attacking retreating humans to taking a shot at Bumblebee.

Well, while it's still true that you can't judge a movie properly by the trailer alone, this is still looking to be quite a sight.

Edit: Upon closer inspection of the arm of the robot Scorponok is jumping... it appears to be... Starscream?!
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883531)
Posted by m1tsu on February 13th, 2009 @ 8:02am CST
This POV makes it a little bit easier to see what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2nNP2Y8pyw
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883533)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 13th, 2009 @ 8:09am CST
Samsonator wrote:SCORPY'S BACK!!!
Man, I was always wondering what they had planned on doing with that one, I see he's moved up in the world, from attacking retreating humans to taking a shot at Bumblebee.

Well, while it's still true that you can't judge a movie properly by the trailer alone, this is still looking to be quite a sight.

Edit: Upon closer inspection of the arm of the robot Scorponok is jumping... it appears to be... Starscream?!


Nope, I just downloaded it and watched it about 6 times.. It is scorponok.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883539)
Posted by Mykltron on February 13th, 2009 @ 8:21am CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:
Samsonator wrote:SCORPY'S BACK!!!
Man, I was always wondering what they had planned on doing with that one, I see he's moved up in the world, from attacking retreating humans to taking a shot at Bumblebee.

Well, while it's still true that you can't judge a movie properly by the trailer alone, this is still looking to be quite a sight.

Edit: Upon closer inspection of the arm of the robot Scorponok is jumping... it appears to be... Starscream?!


Nope, I just downloaded it and watched it about 6 times.. It is scorponok.


What he means is, it looks like Scoponok is jumping Starscream. I'm not sure, he might be jumping past/behind him.

Is anyone else worrying that there are so many robots this time that they won't have time to produce decent figures and we'll get lots of crap ones? That steam shovel really is bed - the CGI has fingers and bulk.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883540)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 13th, 2009 @ 8:24am CST
Ah I see what you are saying.

Here is a screencap.. Unfortunately the quality is only as good as the youtube file..

Image
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883548)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 13th, 2009 @ 8:53am CST
m1tsu wrote:This POV makes it a little bit easier to see what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2nNP2Y8pyw


A much, much better quality clip. The sound is down a bit compared to the first one, but you're still able to get the gist of it.

As for the trailer...lol this was on faster than I expected. Wow. I thought it would be like midnight tonight or something. I stand corrected, people are amazing. (Whether that's good or bad, depends on your point of view. Mine? Just flat out amazed that someone could pull it off like that..)

Now, for the scenes included...awesome. On sheer action and spectacle alone, this movie's gonna do big business, but if there's an actual story behind it? Hot damn.

But...if it's too serious, loses any fun factor at all, it might tank with the critics because that was one of their biggest pros for the whole thing. It was mindless and action packed, but fun and enjoyable.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883559)
Posted by brbolin on February 13th, 2009 @ 9:17am CST
Could the bot that Scorpy's lunging towards be "Jolt" with his one of his power whips out ready to go all Indiana Jones on him?
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883562)
Posted by bossbot on February 13th, 2009 @ 9:24am CST
Revenge is gonna rock! ......
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883565)
Posted by JacobPGalvatron on February 13th, 2009 @ 9:33am CST
Image

i didnt notice it when i saw it over and over again but at this capture i can tell that the arm of the robot is holding someone. bay said there would be a old\geriatric robot in the film, and i read on the imdb trivia section (which isint that reliable but whatever) say that jetfire is old and that in the movie he builds a walkin caine out of his jet's landing gear. so if that rumor was to be true, i had to guess its jetfire standing there and about to get raped by scorponok.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883567)
Posted by First-Aid on February 13th, 2009 @ 9:35am CST
The plot is simple: it's a full scale invasion. No doubt in my mind. The survival of Earth is at stake more than ever before. There are gonna be 'Cons EVERYWHERE!

...must....change...pants...but can't stop watching!

I agree....revenge is gonna rock.

I can't wait to see this in sticky sweet high def goodness..
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883569)
Posted by dragons on February 13th, 2009 @ 9:37am CST
that was the fallen falling into the desert if you pause it at the right momnet the head is freaking big than megatron i thought it was megatron at first but it was teh fallen.

that one scene where prime fights that steam shovle guy what was that close up was before he jumps on the big guy.?

glad to see thy didnt leave scorponock left out.

i have notice there is big silcene after it was shown like everyone had on there mind who cares i dint like the first one im not going to like this one.

there was only one critic that was with the first transformers movie that was guy that does movie reviews on the robert & ebert show one was against it not fan of transformers and the other critic was with it he is fan of the show.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883571)
Posted by The_Fires_Of_Inferno on February 13th, 2009 @ 9:38am CST
YAY! Scorponok!
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883573)
Posted by roll out on February 13th, 2009 @ 9:44am CST
I'm going to love this
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883574)
Posted by First-Aid on February 13th, 2009 @ 9:46am CST
dragons wrote:i have notice there is big silcene after it was shown like everyone had on there mind who cares i dint like the first one im not going to like this one.


Yep it was silent. But then again it was a movie theater...and it was Friday the 13th...a franchise that has really died. So there were two other reasons it was quiet: the movie was showing and the theater was probably pretty empty. The other option would be that everyone had their mouths hangin wide-ass open from the sheer size of what they saw... :lol:

If there were that many people that didn't like the first TF movie, it wouldn't have grossed $800 mill worldwide.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883575)
Posted by DMan304 on February 13th, 2009 @ 9:49am CST
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883578)
Posted by DavidT on February 13th, 2009 @ 10:00am CST
.

Hehe... I grabbed the same screen caps...

.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883581)
Posted by zero-kaiser on February 13th, 2009 @ 10:19am CST
Wow.. just.. wow :shock:

That was truely awesome!! Its gunna feel like forever before this thing hits the big screens :\

I agree with the above posters to.. that definatley looks alot like The Fallen.. dont think I wouldve spotted that just by watching the trailer..

Revenge is coming, thats for certain.. I just wish it would hurry the hell up :P
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883584)
Posted by Chrous on February 13th, 2009 @ 10:29am CST
It looks verry good and I can't whait for it.

I do have one wish is that they would do a DVD with all the TF on it with the specs and a video rendering or CGI of it transforming in a spetial set or something you know like a fiew pages of icons of TF that you can click on and it would show you all the specs and you could have it transforme at difrent speed and camera angles that would be cool IMO.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883590)
Posted by DavidT on February 13th, 2009 @ 10:53am CST
JacobPGalvatron wrote:Image

i didnt notice it when i saw it over and over again but at this capture i can tell that the arm of the robot is holding someone. bay said there would be a old\geriatric robot in the film, and i read on the imdb trivia section (which isint that reliable but whatever) say that jetfire is old and that in the movie he builds a walkin caine out of his jet's landing gear. so if that rumor was to be true, i had to guess its jetfire standing there and about to get raped by scorponok.


. Is it possible that Scorponok is jumping towards Megatron. There have been rumors that the two would merge or something. The arm in the screen cap look homemade, you know temporary, especially that elbow piece w/ the holes in it sticking straight back. Maybe the fusion between the two give Megs his new arm. The leaked image of Megs for the new movie has his arm matching the same colors as Scorpy.... Also that may be why he's holding a cane.... he needs a new leg also, maybe he's using a temorary one.

Maybe I'm just looking into this too deep...


.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883595)
Posted by JacobPGalvatron on February 13th, 2009 @ 11:06am CST
i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that. the way scroponock jumps out of the sand looks more like hes about to attack someone. i'm pretty sure if he were to combine with megatron he wouldnt lunge at him (from underneath the ground of all places) so violently. the pointy end of that elbow looks more like a piece of the sr-71 exterior.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883598)
Posted by JEDI ALCHEMIST on February 13th, 2009 @ 11:13am CST
Scorponok is jumping at The Fallen.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883599)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 13th, 2009 @ 11:23am CST
dragons wrote:that was the fallen falling into the desert if you pause it at the right momnet the head is freaking big than megatron i thought it was megatron at first but it was teh fallen.




I thought this as well..

JEDI ALCHEMIST wrote:Scorponok is jumping at The Fallen.


That does not look like the fallen's arm.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883602)
Posted by devlingrey on February 13th, 2009 @ 11:26am CST
I would have to concur with those who say attack. It looks to me, from the direction of the hand, of the bot who is under attack, that scorpnok is lunging back and to the right.

I don't know if it's the Fallen since in the other screen caps, the fallen looks a bit, for the lack of a better term, buff than the one being jumped by scorpnok.

This movie has a much, much darker feel to it. Just think about the first movie's trailer with Sam and his Dad going to buy a car. What we have seen so far is all about the carnage. It opens with aircraft carrier getting destroyed. Being a former Navy brat, my heart didn't like that so much.

Looks like its going to be awesome. I can't wait to see Side Swipe and Jetfire transform.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883604)
Posted by Senor Hugo on February 13th, 2009 @ 11:31am CST
I'll watch it, I'll enjoy it as an mind-numbing action flick.

But I've since learned and accepted that Michael Bay can't do good sci-fi/action/good-storytelling movies.

but it's not a transformers movie. It's just a movie that happens to have large alien robots that reconfigure into a different shape.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883605)
Posted by oldskooltf on February 13th, 2009 @ 11:37am CST
Man... I have to wait til Monday to see this in HD? :sad:

Love it so far. :-B

Glad that scorponok is back, mainly so we know what happened to him after the first movie.

I'd guess it's jumping at Jetfire... but who knows. Too hard to tell.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883610)
Posted by powersteamracing on February 13th, 2009 @ 11:45am CST
I rarely post, but often visit (5 times daily atleast), but I had to reply for this one!

This looks beyond epic. I agree with the theory that this is an invasion. Cons EVERYWHERE.

I'm calling it right now. The scene with the Aircraft carrier getting "attacked". I bet anything those are decepticon pods, and I'd bet any money, that we get Seekers in ROTF.

I'm really confused by the Constructicon idea. That shoveler in the last scene when Optimus jumps onto him. If he's THAT big, I can only phathom Devastator's size! I'm starting to think Prime sacrifices himself or something. I mean hell, the Fallen, Devastator, AND Megatron?!?!?! I have the feeling that Bay is setting this up as a "We'll leave it open enough to make a sequel, but we'll make enough massive death and carnage that if we have to leave it at 2 movies, we can."

I really hope they don't make JetFire the elderly transformer. Sure he's been around a while, but it wouldn't make sense for Prime to combine with an old former.

I'm thinking Alpha Trion, or something else.

I just can't wait for this movie. And I can't wait for a TF3. I really hope, in either this one, or the next movie, they bring out Ultra Magnus. I mean in ROTF we'll be getting to see a 2nd in command to Megs (Soundwave), and they said they are going to try an establish Starscream as more. Hopefully in TF3 (if there is going to be one), we get higher ranked bots like Magnus, maybe even throw in Kup or other 1986 movie characters. I mean hell, we get wheelie and Arcee (I would've prefered Elita One), why the hell can't we get Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Kup, Springer, Blurr or Wreck-Gar?
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883625)
Posted by Rocketeer on February 13th, 2009 @ 12:16pm CST
Several random thoughts:
If Arcee is now a combiner made up of three motorcycles... might they be called Elita One, Two, and Three? Lol...

In all seriousness, though, I can definitely see the various pods crashing into the ships becoming Seekers.
Notice all the airplanes sinking into the ocean and how prominent they are among the wreckage.
I foresee the 'Cons scanning the planes underwater and then bursting forth from the sea.
Kind of a cool picture, eh? :mrgreen:

Anyway, I really hope Jetfire isn't the "geriatric Transformer" we've heard about previously.
Although I could see that being the case and Optimus having to combine with him because there's no other way for Jetfire to do battle.
Or something random like that.

All I ask: Don't make the Fallen become Jetfire.

Finally, I'm just trying to figure out where Devastator figures into all this.
Is he just part of an opening sequence (a la 007's opening mission in each Bond movie), or is he an integral part of the main/Fallen plot?

But that's just me.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883627)
Posted by munkimus prime on February 13th, 2009 @ 12:24pm CST
I just came because of the pure awesomeness of what I just saw. :oops:

I think I will hybernate now until june so I don't have to wait.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883628)
Posted by Grimlock18 on February 13th, 2009 @ 12:25pm CST
This movie is gonna ROCK!
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883638)
Posted by Rodimus Piper on February 13th, 2009 @ 12:53pm CST
Totally agree about the Seekers - those are definitely pods hitting the carrier - and why else would the camera be panning into the ocean...

I'm also still unclear about Devastator and how he fits in especially since we've seen some new CGI images. I just don't see how it would work from a scale point of view. On one side I do think having the one constructicon, fallen, starscream, soundwave, barricade, scorpinox and possible others is too massive for the autobots to handle and adding devastator to the mix would be ridiculous from a viewing standpoint. But also why would Bay leak a rumor of devastator and if it wasn't true all the fans would just end up being disappointed.

Optimus can't die, at least yet - in this series he hasn't been established enough - it took several animated seasons before Optimus had established himself enough that they could kill him off in the movie and it would have the devastating effect.

I agree on all points - this movie will be dark - return of the empirish and leave our heroes in peril.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883652)
Posted by omega666 on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:20pm CST
I wonder if the Constructicon is Bonecrucher's BIG brother wants payback on Prime and Prime is like "shit".
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883654)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:23pm CST
It was very cool seeing all 3 of the Arcee bikes on the heels of the bot that's coming out of the building (general consensus being that it is the Audi Decepticon). I didn't see them clearly enough on the first clip but spotted all 3 when I checked out the better POV clip.

Mindblowing doesn't even begin to describe the scope of this film! :shock:
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883655)
Posted by blitzwing_luca86 on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:27pm CST
That looks sweeeeeeeet!
lookin forward to the proper quality trailer on monday!!

just sumfin to point out....
that scene wer sam is being held down by an unknown decepticon does anyone else think that the style of the fingers look sorta like megatrons??
i personally think that megatron will b in the film but only for a few seconds maybe in a dream/vision sumfing like that as was said previously that he is not in 99% of the movie and it may make sense as sam starts to see cybertronian sybols and goes crazy in a college lecture....
Just a thought
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883656)
Posted by AutoShermatic on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:27pm CST
I also had a feeling after seeing the superbowl spot that we would see some seekers in ROTF. One clue would be that Starscream now has the "tattoo" design I would assume to set him apart from the rest. I am betting they will just be random background decepticons and not really have much as far as personalities and all that. Just my speculation though.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883657)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:28pm CST
I'm confused about one thing.

Why people can't take things as is.

We were told that Jetfire is very old, one of the oldest TFs in existence. We've seen his Legends Class figure with the landing gear as a cane (look at the figure's left hand).

We were told that The Fallen is his OWN character. Not only by LaBeouf, but also by Bay himself.

Why, then...is this such a difficult thing to grasp?

The Fallen is one of the 13 original TFs. (Most likely, Jetfire is as well, given his age.) That does not make Jetfire and The Fallen the same guy. So what if Jetfire walks with a cane? So what if he's old?

I just don't understand why so many folks are having a problem coming to terms with these facts?

*sighs* I know I shouldn't let it piss me off, but after seeing post after post of "Nuh uh, that's The Fallen because..." and it's always wrong...I just can't take it.

And when you politely correct folks, or try to lead them in the right direction, they get all wonky on you.

JUST ENJOY THE DAMN MOVIE!
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883659)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:35pm CST
Rodimus Piper wrote: Optimus can't die, at least yet - in this series he hasn't been established enough - it took several animated seasons before Optimus had established himself enough that they could kill him off in the movie and it would have the devastating effect.


They weren't waiting till Prime was established before killing him off and they weren't going for a devastating effect. They were ushering in the new product line by phasing out the old ones and had no clue whatsoever that Prime's death would be taken so hard by the fans back then. Michael Bay, Roberto Orci and the crew know all about that and while they are willing to take some risks, I doubt that they are willing to go as far as killing Prime off. NOBODY wants to try to hadnle the S**t-storm that would create!
Prime SHOULD be relatively safe. He may get pounded to the verge of death but shouldn't actually die...unless Bay has a bigger set of kahones than we've given him credit for. 8-}
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883660)
Posted by m1tsu on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:38pm CST
Yeah, I noticed a huge difference from that lower quality to higher quality clip I posted. Before I couldn't tell what was going on under the water, but then when I watched the other clip I noticed how the planes were scattered and there was a helicopter too.

Also, that is definitely a mechanical beetle that Sam is ripping apart, I'm thinking it's part of the Pretender ploy? Maybe just some spy equipment, who knows.. The first time I watched I didn't even know that was a POV from Prime driving up to the Constructicon on the bridge then transforming. I can't wait for this movie. :D
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883661)
Posted by AutoShermatic on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:41pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:I'm confused about one thing.

Why people can't take things as is.

We were told that Jetfire is very old, one of the oldest TFs in existence. We've seen his Legends Class figure with the landing gear as a cane (look at the figure's left hand).

We were told that The Fallen is his OWN character. Not only by LaBeouf, but also by Bay himself.

Why, then...is this such a difficult thing to grasp?

The Fallen is one of the 13 original TFs. (Most likely, Jetfire is as well, given his age.) That does not make Jetfire and The Fallen the same guy. So what if Jetfire walks with a cane? So what if he's old?

I just don't understand why so many folks are having a problem coming to terms with these facts?

*sighs* I know I shouldn't let it piss me off, but after seeing post after post of "Nuh uh, that's The Fallen because..." and it's always wrong...I just can't take it.

And when you politely correct folks, or try to lead them in the right direction, they get all wonky on you.

JUST ENJOY THE DAMN MOVIE!

Well I think people assume this because both are visually similar, and both are decepticons ( being that the Fallen toy had a decepticon logo ) I don't agree with this theory for sure, but I haven't ruled it out as a possibility either. Given that Bay has kinda thrown out the mythos of some of the characters in the past I wouldn't put this idea past him. But back to the topic at hand, this trailer has me stoked. I can't wait to get the HD version frame by frame going on.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883664)
Posted by Savage on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:49pm CST
AutoShermatic wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:I'm confused about one thing.

Why people can't take things as is.

We were told that Jetfire is very old, one of the oldest TFs in existence. We've seen his Legends Class figure with the landing gear as a cane (look at the figure's left hand).

We were told that The Fallen is his OWN character. Not only by LaBeouf, but also by Bay himself.

Why, then...is this such a difficult thing to grasp?

The Fallen is one of the 13 original TFs. (Most likely, Jetfire is as well, given his age.) That does not make Jetfire and The Fallen the same guy. So what if Jetfire walks with a cane? So what if he's old?

I just don't understand why so many folks are having a problem coming to terms with these facts?

*sighs* I know I shouldn't let it piss me off, but after seeing post after post of "Nuh uh, that's The Fallen because..." and it's always wrong...I just can't take it.

And when you politely correct folks, or try to lead them in the right direction, they get all wonky on you.

JUST ENJOY THE DAMN MOVIE!

Well I think people assume this because both are visually similar, and both are decepticons ( being that the Fallen toy had a decepticon logo ) I don't agree with this theory for sure, but I haven't ruled it out as a possibility either. Given that Bay has kinda thrown out the mythos of some of the characters in the past I wouldn't put this idea past him. But back to the topic at hand, this trailer has me stoked. I can't wait to get the HD version frame by frame going on.



Huh? When did Jetfire become a Decepticon for this film? Last I heard, he was an Autobot who combines with Optimus.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883666)
Posted by Grimlock18 on February 13th, 2009 @ 1:56pm CST
Savage wrote:Huh? When did Jetfire become a Decepticon for this film? Last I heard, he was an Autobot who combines with Optimus.


I read that he's a Decepticon whos age and wounds have made him realize that Optimus probably has the better idea.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883668)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 13th, 2009 @ 2:03pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:I'm confused about one thing.

Why people can't take things as is.

We were told that Jetfire is very old, one of the oldest TFs in existence. We've seen his Legends Class figure with the landing gear as a cane (look at the figure's left hand).

We were told that The Fallen is his OWN character. Not only by LaBeouf, but also by Bay himself.

Why, then...is this such a difficult thing to grasp?

The Fallen is one of the 13 original TFs. (Most likely, Jetfire is as well, given his age.) That does not make Jetfire and The Fallen the same guy. So what if Jetfire walks with a cane? So what if he's old?

I just don't understand why so many folks are having a problem coming to terms with these facts?

*sighs* I know I shouldn't let it piss me off, but after seeing post after post of "Nuh uh, that's The Fallen because..." and it's always wrong...I just can't take it.

And when you politely correct folks, or try to lead them in the right direction, they get all wonky on you.

JUST ENJOY THE DAMN MOVIE!


Ok here is the deal.
Everyone is entitled to share their opinion as long as they do not force it on someone else.

In other words

Don't do this..
user 1: I think Jetfire and fallen are the same character
user 2: I don't think so and here is my proof
user 1: Well I still think they are the same
user 2: my proof says otherwise so you are wrong

User 1 is entitled to his OPINION so don't crap on others like this. If the movie comes out and he is wrong then so be it, we are all guessing right now.

Until the movie comes out keep things speculative, we are all making assumptions with no evidence above and beyond a few scenes in trailers.

If someone does not see things your way then simply say "ok, that is your opinion" (or something similar) and move along.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883669)
Posted by Heavy B on February 13th, 2009 @ 2:04pm CST
man, that is so awesome i want to cry.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883678)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 13th, 2009 @ 2:19pm CST
Autobot032 wrote: ...The Fallen is one of the 13 original TFs. (Most likely, Jetfire is as well, given his age.) That does not make Jetfire and The Fallen the same guy. So what if Jetfire walks with a cane? So what if he's old?

I just don't understand why so many folks are having a problem coming to terms with these facts?

*sighs* I know I shouldn't let it piss me off, but after seeing post after post of "Nuh uh, that's The Fallen because..." and it's always wrong...I just can't take it.


I feel for you. Don't you just love the dynamics of online forums? It perfectly showcases the "herd" mentality where I.Q.'s tend to drop in direct proportion to the numbers by which the "herd" rises.
Now, before somebody bites my head off for calling everyone here stupid, (and I know one of you emotion based fleshlings was on the verge of doing it) keep in mind the fact that I'M ON HERE TOO! I'm part of the "herd" and I have succumbed to the same trap myself. In fact, I totally killed a thread this last week because of it and it was stupid of me. Look at the last part of my sig. and ask yourself if you really want to let yourself get so emotionally wrapped up in your subject that someone like me can make you my bitch and push your buttons. We all love the same stuff here, more or less, so let's just enjoy our common interest...lightheartedly. :D

BACK TO TOPIC...It makes sense to me that the best way to take someone like the Fallen down would be to bring in someone from the "old school" who has probably taken him down once before.
If the Fallen is 2 days older than dirt and so is Jetfire, odds are they duked it out before! Jetfire probably comes in to show a despondent Prime how they did things "back in the day" and if anybody gives him any lip he's gonna smack 'em upside the head with his cane!
That's just one theory, I have nothing to support it and I hope one of you doesn't get so emotionally overcharged that you feel the need to shoot a hole in a "theory". ALL of our theories will either be debunked or proven on midnight June 23/24th. And remember, these teasers are purposely designed to screw with us and manipulate us. You CANNOT discern squat from them because there is not enough information. Well...we know for a fact there's tons of explosions, but that's a given. It's a Bay film. :P
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883683)
Posted by susanspy on February 13th, 2009 @ 2:29pm CST
hello all, i am newbie here, it's really interesting post about Transformer Revenge of The Fallen - Trailer #1 i too love tralier one the most and like to see more of the same.


thanks a lot


susan
----------------
god blesss
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883691)
Posted by St. Even on February 13th, 2009 @ 2:48pm CST
Here is my take on a few bits in the trailer.

The excavator is the first Constructicon on Earth. He has it out with Prime and the Autobots towards the begining of the movie. He is chased off (or something) and not seen for a while. Towards the end of the movie, all parties converge in Egypt because of the Fallen. At that point, the remaining Constructicons come to Earth, scan alt modes, and merge for the kill. I came to this idea because of the protoforms that crash in Egypt as seen in the trailer.

The Fallen and Jetfire are different characters. I agree with other that the bot in the clip with Scorponok is Jetfire and the bot in Egypt is the Fallen.

I still think the fleet is attacked because they are partolling the Laurentian Abisys. Originally I thought this might be an opening seen, but I have changed my mind. I think either the Audi being chased by the cycles or the excavator unleashing destruction is the opening seen (both could actually be part of the same scene). It is the emergence of these new Cons that causes the military to set up patrols of the abisys. I think Ravage is one of the Cons and that is why he is shown emerging from the ocean.

The seen with Bumblebee looks to be taking place at Sam's parents house.

There are at least eleven new transformers. Here is what I counted:

The first shot in the trailer is two (at least) protoforms
crashing in Paris.

There are at least four protoforms that crash in the Egyptian
desert.

There are at least five protoforms that crash into the carrier.

I think it is Sam who is running along the side of the great pyramid.

Makayla (sp) has a ring on her wedding ring finger. It is not diamond. Might her and Sam be engaged?
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883695)
Posted by St. Even on February 13th, 2009 @ 2:59pm CST
Another thing . . . I orginally thought Prime took a punch to the face, but it looks more like an elbow or forearm--like someone is swinging their arm backwards (or to the side) at him.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883700)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 13th, 2009 @ 3:10pm CST
Welcome to Seibertron susanspy. You are jumping in at a very...interesting time. The boards are rather emotionally charged lately and it has made for some fascinating discussions and we are glad to have new members input and fresh perspectives on stuff.

St. Even, nice job on the count. I was too wrapped up in taking in everything else (all 4 times) that I stopped trying to count after the 3rd viewing. And nice job spotting the ring. I'm going to have to get my "radar" checked because I totally missed that. I must be slipping in my old age. :P

As for Primes shot to the face, I'm pretty sure he wasn't worried about the particulars when it impacted. However it was delivered, that hit HAD to hurt! :shock:
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883701)
Posted by Rocketeer on February 13th, 2009 @ 3:12pm CST
Hadn't there been photos of John Turturo (as Agent Simmons, of course) walking on the side of the pyramid?
I just assumed it was him...
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883703)
Posted by Grimlock18 on February 13th, 2009 @ 3:14pm CST
susanspy wrote:hello all, i am newbie here, it's really interesting post about Transformer Revenge of The Fallen - Trailer #1 i too love tralier one the most and like to see more of the same.


thanks a lot


susan
----------------
god blesss


Welcome to Seibertron.
Re: Transformers Movie Trailer...On Youtube (883711)
Posted by Omega Charge on February 13th, 2009 @ 3:29pm CST
Awesome trailer.

I put up a download link if anyone's interested:Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen - Trailer #1.flv

EDIT - This one's a bit better.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mn5mnmmdfmj

Click here to view an additional 47 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014