Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview

Transformers News: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview

Friday, February 10th, 2012 3:06PM CST

Categories: Collectables, Comic Book News, Reviews
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 26,659

Comicbookresources.com has posted an 8 page preview of Transformers More Than Meets the Eye issue 2 and this preview is packed with action! We get our first look at the newly designed Skids and a good look at the sharp Brainstorm! More Than Meets the Eye is scheduled for a February 15th release. Read on and enjoy the escalating MTMTE drama!

Credit(s): Comicbookresources.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345434)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 10th, 2012 @ 3:14pm CST
I need to have this comic in my hands NAO!!!
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345436)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 10th, 2012 @ 3:18pm CST
I guess we can add Hoist to the crew of the Lost Light as well.
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345437)
Posted by Chaoslock on February 10th, 2012 @ 3:20pm CST
Somehow the writing reminds me of The Hitchhikers Guide - I love it!
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345440)
Posted by Diem on February 10th, 2012 @ 3:26pm CST
Why is Brainstorm being such a dick in this one?
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345448)
Posted by Joetx on February 10th, 2012 @ 3:47pm CST
Prime Evil wrote:I guess we can add Hoist to the crew of the Lost Light as well.

Pulling Cyclonus out of the water?

It looks more like Springer to me.

Or perhaps Hauler?
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345449)
Posted by Joetx on February 10th, 2012 @ 3:49pm CST
Diem wrote:Why is Brainstorm being such a dick in this one?

B/c he isn't in the Top 2 of Rodimus's list of resident ship's genius?
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345453)
Posted by Joetx on February 10th, 2012 @ 3:54pm CST
Not that I'm complaining (so far the series looks great), but how do you feel about made up TFs (e.g., Shock/Ore, Rung)? I thought one of the purposes of the split series was to give the lesser-known TFs some screen time.

And who is that Iron Man-looking 'bot?
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345455)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 10th, 2012 @ 3:56pm CST
Joetx wrote:

Pulling Cyclonus out of the water?

It looks more like Springer to me.

Or perhaps Hauler?

Hauler before Springer for sure. But I'm going by the green and yellow tow truck dealie. We don't even know the fate of Springer yet and I doubt he would be remade into a tow truck after LSOTW.
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345493)
Posted by Joetx on February 10th, 2012 @ 5:28pm CST
Prime Evil wrote:
Joetx wrote:

Pulling Cyclonus out of the water?

It looks more like Springer to me.

Or perhaps Hauler?

The reason why I thought it was Springer is b/c: 1) To me, it looks like Springer's vehicular form; & 2) IIRC, the cartoon Springer had more yellow on him than the toy Springer.

But I'm down w/ it being Hoist over the other possibilities. I don't think we've seen him in the IDW-verse, while Springer's had multiple appearances. And Hauler, as a toy, was very late to the game & of limited availability.
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345517)
Posted by phase on February 10th, 2012 @ 6:40pm CST
Skids? I love him, but with the end of issue one, I can only say this: Crap.
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345563)
Posted by quickmixed on February 10th, 2012 @ 9:49pm CST
Looking forward to this. Also its always nice to see Burchams colours on someone other than Nick Roches artwork. Looking good.

Joetx wrote:

Hoist had a few appearances in the first 6 issue story arc of ongoing. He only had a couple of lines and was then caught by skywatch.
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345609)
Posted by Josh on February 11th, 2012 @ 2:42am CST
Its Hoist :)
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345833)
Posted by Sodan-1 on February 11th, 2012 @ 3:10pm CST
Man, when did Brainstorm become such a cold, obnoxious and unsympathetic bastard?

I think I love him.

Have I missed something, because I get the impression all three (Brainstorm, Skids and Racthet) are losing their processors.
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1345905)
Posted by Heavy B on February 11th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CST
Seeing hoist reminded me of somthing. Where the hell is roadbuster. I miss him
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1346196)
Posted by Dagon on February 12th, 2012 @ 8:55am CST
I must say, I'm liking these new series right now. I bailed on the last ongoing after about six issues, so MTMTE and RID are kind of a comic book risk for me at the moment. So far though, one that's working out.
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1347677)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 15th, 2012 @ 12:01pm CST
Josh wrote:Its Hoist :)

Sweet! No arguing with the colorist!! :grin:
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1348596)
Posted by Burn on February 17th, 2012 @ 2:52pm CST
So the whole issue was a fairly decent read.

I still don't like some of the designs, especially some of them influenced by the Animated aesthetic (bulky top half, skinny legs).

Drift continues to be a wanker. Plain and simple. Thankfully Ratchet can see that, Ratchet became even cooler to me for that.

The comedy continues ... I laughed a few times, Swerve had a lot of one liners, Skids' confusion at things and forgetting he was holding a hand gun, Brainstorm discovering he's not the ship's genius and not being able to tell whether it's Shock or Ore.

Whirl is ... well the guy has never had little characterisation in the past, and his story with Cyclonus could be a good.

And Drift ... bloody hell he's a wanker ... oh wait, I already mentioned that.
Re: Transformers MTMTE #2 - 8 Page Preview (1352591)
Posted by Marcdachamp on February 27th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CST
So far, I'm loving this series. It has a really oddball cast, and I like that a lot. It just feels like a very different direction than what we're used to. This is quickly moving its way up my "To Read" pile each month.