Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview

Transformers News: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 2:03AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,299

IDW Publishing has provided us with a seven page preview of Transformers Ongoing #28. Be sure to pick this issue up at your local comic book retailer on Wednesday October 19th, but for now enjoy the preview below.

TRANSFORMERS #28
Mike Costa, James Roberts (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Livio Ramondelli x 2 (c)
CHAOS part 3 rocks Cybertron as the return of an unlikely Decepticon faces off agains Sunstreaker who is looking for a little redemption—Megatron suits up for what might very well be his final battle—and you are introduced to something we had to call… the DeceptiGOD! “Chaos” goes insane!

• 2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
  • Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
  • FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Variant covers: Black & White Livio Ramondelli cover

Bullet points:
  • CHAOS Tie-in!
  • Megatron goes to war!

Credit(s): IDW
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1302003)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 18th, 2011 @ 5:42am CDT
For Primus's sake, the art and the coloring/shading is terrible, I can barely take out the characters.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1302011)
Posted by lowman_x on October 18th, 2011 @ 6:25am CDT
I'm liking the story, I'm liking the dialogue "I'm looking at you Swerve..." LOL. I'm just really not digging the art. As the art for a one-off Spotlight issue? Sure. But as a stretch of issues within the ongoing? No, it's just not working I'm afraid. I'm open to a lot of interpretations and experimentation within art forms (hell, I'm an art teacher for crying out loud) but when your business is to tell clear, visual stories then you really don't want to be polarising your audience this much. Having said that, IDW have made a bit of a habit in fan polarisation. Yeah, I'm looking at you McArthy and All Hail Megatron...
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1302382)
Posted by Blurrz on October 18th, 2011 @ 9:35pm CDT
The art fits the tone, but I really miss Milne.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1302452)
Posted by dinogeist on October 19th, 2011 @ 2:41am CDT
personally,this chaos gets worse & worse. having characters come out of nowhere at the very last minute during the final epic battle IS STORY TELLING AT IT'S WORSE.

I really dis-like how IDW pumps up their TF comics stories months in advance but every time it fails to live up to the hype.

hopefully we at the very least get a in-depth origin before 2011 ends on the D-VOID,,like where it came from,what history does it have with TF. any ties to other TF villains or groups. why the d-void hates the TF's so much & why TF's are so delicious to eat.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1302946)
Posted by michael alex kawa on October 20th, 2011 @ 3:38am CDT
DeceptiGOD !!!!!!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: really .......
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1303182)
Posted by Burn on October 20th, 2011 @ 3:50pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:The art fits the tone, but I really miss Milne.

By tone you mean "no one can really tell what the hell is going on"?

That last panel with Megatron ... I really can't make out that it's Megatron, if it wasn't for the storyline i'd think it just a big blotch on the page.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1303246)
Posted by dinogeist on October 20th, 2011 @ 6:05pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Blurrz wrote:The art fits the tone, but I really miss Milne.

By tone you mean "no one can really tell what the hell is going on"?

I'm glad at the very least to see i'm not the only one to be hugely dissapointed by the Choas story. I also find the art equally awful.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1303324)
Posted by Blurrz on October 20th, 2011 @ 9:49pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Blurrz wrote:The art fits the tone, but I really miss Milne.

By tone you mean "no one can really tell what the hell is going on"?

By tome I mean you're fighting on your dead planet, how you're (Autobots) not likely going to make it back. I'm not praising Ramondelli's art, but Roberts knows how to write stories.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1305518)
Posted by harlemshogun316 on October 26th, 2011 @ 6:15pm CDT
Art is horrible IMO, and I rarely complain about comic art however I really dont like it. I think it would be great for covers but its too difficult to tell who anyone is and what is going on.
Re: Transformers Ongoing #28 Seven Page Preview (1306190)
Posted by thunderjacker on October 28th, 2011 @ 5:23pm CDT
so all the decepticons fall prey to this monster???....megatron's a decepticon.....but he apparently is unaffected...i am sure this will be explained by IDW....badly...i like the artwork...it is so muddled and messy and confusing and bad just like the story...finally i want everyone at IDW to pretend that their left leg is paralyzed and try to step on something with their right leg and after you fall down, stay there.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok