Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon

Sunday, March 17th, 2013 1:12PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 16,637

A couple of new Transformers Collections are up for preorder at Amazon. First up we got Transformers: Prelude followed by Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1. Both due out in August.

Transformers: Prelude

The Spotlight falls on Orion Pax, Thundercracker, Megatron, Bumblebee, Trailcutter, and Hoist in this collection of six individual stories that explain an important moment in each character's life. From the distant past to current events, each story adds to the Cybertronian lore.

Paperback: 152 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (August 27, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613777167
ISBN-13: 978-1613777169

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1

It's the beginning of the end for Transformers Prime! But a new enemy is revealed and the stakes are racheted up even higher as the Cybertronians continue their quest for peace throughout the universe.

Paperback: 112 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (August 20, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1613777159
ISBN-13: 978-1613777152
Credit(s): Amazon.com
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472395)
Posted by Va'al on March 17th, 2013 @ 1:19pm CDT
How interesting: the Spotlights are being packaged as Prelude in their TPB format. :-?
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472435)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 17th, 2013 @ 5:07pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472439)
Posted by Va'al on March 17th, 2013 @ 5:28pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Appears that Prelude is a gathering of all the Spotlights being packaged with the upcoming Generations: 30th Anniversary Deluxes.

...what did I just say? :???:
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472441)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 17th, 2013 @ 5:30pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

...what did I just say? :???:

Sorry, when I'm in a rush, I drop a post in just before I need to go do whatever.
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472446)
Posted by Va'al on March 17th, 2013 @ 5:41pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Va'al wrote:

...what did I just say? :???:

Don't worry, not a problem! ;)

I do find it interesting that they're not collected as a Spotlight TPB though.
They don't exactly prelude to anything, really. Well, not all of them at least.
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472448)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 17th, 2013 @ 5:48pm CDT
Va'al wrote:I do find it interesting that they're not collected as a Spotlight TPB though.
They don't exactly prelude to anything, really. Well, not all of them at least.

Or do they? :-?

:shock:

Wonder what it could be?
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472454)
Posted by Va'al on March 17th, 2013 @ 6:02pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
They don't exactly prelude to anything, really. Well, not all of them at least.

Or do they? :-?

:shock:

Wonder what it could be?

The only possible link I can think of is the Metrotitans.
Maybe there'll be more stuff showing up in Trailwhatever and Hoist's Spotlights which will shed more light on the choice of this title!
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472461)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 17th, 2013 @ 6:11pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
They don't exactly prelude to anything, really. Well, not all of them at least.

Or do they? :-?

:shock:

Wonder what it could be?

The only possible link I can think of is the Metrotitans.

Or does it refer to this "Event that the comic(s) have been building up to since Issue 1" that we keep hearing about?
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472463)
Posted by Va'al on March 17th, 2013 @ 6:16pm CDT
Yeah, that's what I meant.

The Metrotitans were quite big (hah!) in the Annuals, and both RiD and MtMtE had heavy mentions of both. Shockpoint will be arriving soon, and I do wonder whether the two series will cross over again.

SO MUCH STUFF. Let's see if Barber and Roberts can wrap it together well.
Re: Transformers: Prelude and Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Volume 1 Preorders at Amazon (1472465)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 17th, 2013 @ 6:29pm CDT
I have no doubt that Roberts and Barber can pull together whatever they have planned.

That said, not sure if I want the TPB. I really only want Bee and Megs.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014