Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined

Transformers News: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined

Monday, April 15th, 2013 2:32AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 30,033

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Hobbybase has posted an image on their facebook page showcasing the Cyberverse Predacons Twinstrike, Hun-Gurrr, Windrazor, Rippersnapper and Blight combined into the massive (for a Cyberverse figure) Abominus!

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined
Credit(s): HobbyBase
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479268)
Posted by Burn on April 15th, 2013 @ 2:40am CDT
While I love Twinstrike, and no doubt will love the others when I get them, Hasbro, you want a combiner? The torso needs to be the next class size up.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479270)
Posted by That Bot on April 15th, 2013 @ 3:12am CDT
Burn wrote:While I love Twinstrike, and no doubt will love the others when I get them, Hasbro, you want a combiner? The torso needs to be the next class size up.

Honestly, I feel that Hun-Gurrr is a big enough legion that he makes it work. He's supposed to be a monstrous combiner, not human-proportioned, so it's okay for him to have huge arms and legs. If Hun-Gurrr was a stick like some other legions, there'd be a problem, but he's probably twice the mass of some I've seen, and still only $6.

I can't wait to get the other three Terrorpreds and make my own Abominus!

And I just noticed that the photographer forgot to flip Hun-Gurrr's claws up over his hands.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479272)
Posted by njb902 on April 15th, 2013 @ 3:17am CDT
I do love how he has giant claws instead of hands, It just makes him that much more primal.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479273)
Posted by zodconvoy on April 15th, 2013 @ 3:18am CDT
Yeah, that'll show the third parties who's boss. >:oP
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479274)
Posted by njb902 on April 15th, 2013 @ 3:21am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:Yeah, that'll show the third parties who's boss. >:oP


Oh yawn. 30 dollars for 5 fun little figures is just awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479281)
Posted by Arctorro on April 15th, 2013 @ 4:01am CDT
These guys are great, so great in fact that I've bought em all and I don't even collect Cyberverse figs :D
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479282)
Posted by Mykltron on April 15th, 2013 @ 4:07am CDT
Are those supposed to be arms? It's a mess.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479289)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 15th, 2013 @ 5:06am CDT
Nah. I still like them for the individual figures, but combined mode is trash. Maybe try a quadruped stance.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479293)
Posted by daimchoc on April 15th, 2013 @ 5:58am CDT
Image Image
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479298)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 15th, 2013 @ 6:23am CDT
Kinda like the combined mode. Granted, it's not perfect, but what combiner is?

Didn't know the weapons combined.

So is Hun-Gurr and [Sinner]Twinstrike the only ones released, or is the whole shebang here?
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479303)
Posted by Sinnertwin on April 15th, 2013 @ 6:47am CDT
It's a horrible mash of disproportionate components. I'm sold :D
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479307)
Posted by njb902 on April 15th, 2013 @ 7:16am CDT
Sinnertwin wrote:It's a horrible mash of disproportionate components. I'm sold :D


You might even say it is an abomination... Huhhh.. Huhhh.. Huhhh :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479310)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 15th, 2013 @ 7:29am CDT
That Bot wrote:
Burn wrote:While I love Twinstrike, and no doubt will love the others when I get them, Hasbro, you want a combiner? The torso needs to be the next class size up.

Honestly, I feel that Hun-Gurrr is a big enough legion that he makes it work. He's supposed to be a monstrous combiner, not human-proportioned, so it's okay for him to have huge arms and legs. If Hun-Gurrr was a stick like some other legions, there'd be a problem, but he's probably twice the mass of some I've seen, and still only $6.


I have to agree with Burn, Hun Gurr should have been Legion commander sized.. Look at the original Abominus, Hun Gurr was so much larger than the others.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479311)
Posted by Burn on April 15th, 2013 @ 7:31am CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Burn wrote:While I love Twinstrike, and no doubt will love the others when I get them, Hasbro, you want a combiner? The torso needs to be the next class size up.

Honestly, I feel that Hun-Gurrr is a big enough legion that he makes it work. He's supposed to be a monstrous combiner, not human-proportioned, so it's okay for him to have huge arms and legs. If Hun-Gurrr was a stick like some other legions, there'd be a problem, but he's probably twice the mass of some I've seen, and still only $6.


I have to agree with Burn, Hun Gurr should have been Legion commander sized.. Look at the original Abominus, Hun Gurr was so much larger than the others.


Look at WFC Bruticus. Onslaught should have been bigger.

Why Hasbro are going in this direction is beyond me. Torso bigger, limbs smaller, just because PCC sucked doesn't mean they have to change the whole combiner dynamic.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479312)
Posted by Deathsanras on April 15th, 2013 @ 7:31am CDT
Looks awkward.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479314)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 15th, 2013 @ 7:45am CDT
njb902 wrote:
Sinnertwin wrote:It's a horrible mash of disproportionate components. I'm sold :D


You might even say it is an abomination... Huhhh.. Huhhh.. Huhhh :lol:


You are bad, and you should feel bad!
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479315)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2013 @ 7:50am CDT
daimchoc wrote:Image Image
Pics are broken.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479324)
Posted by mooncake623 on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:20am CDT
I really Like it. I but I want to hold out for the possible g1 colored versions. maybe. oh hell I'll just but them all! =D
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479325)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:22am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Kinda like the combined mode. Granted, it's not perfect, but what combiner is?

Didn't know the weapons combined.

So is Hun-Gurr and [Sinner]Twinstrike the only ones released, or is the whole shebang here?


Don't think the weapon combination is official, but it looks nice.

Twinstrike and Hun-Gurr are the only ones to have been released so far, but hopefully this means the other three are drawing near.

Liking this. Looking forward to it being mine.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479326)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:27am CDT
Yeah, it's goofy looking, but I don't care. These guys are going on my Classics shelf.

When is this set coming out? I need my Terrorcons. :sad:
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479328)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:27am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Kinda like the combined mode. Granted, it's not perfect, but what combiner is?

Didn't know the weapons combined.

So is Hun-Gurr and [Sinner]Twinstrike the only ones released, or is the whole shebang here?


Don't think the weapon combination is official, but it looks nice.

Twinstrike and Hun-Gurr are the only ones to have been released so far, but hopefully this means the other three are drawing near.

Liking this. Looking forward to it being mine.


Looks kinda like an oversized battleaxe, the more I look at it.

I figured as much. I've seen Hun-Gurr and Twinsrike at retail, but yet to see the rest of the Terrorcons.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479329)
Posted by AutoBorst on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:28am CDT
Is this some kind of joke? This toy looks like Hasbro's just completely given up.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479332)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:31am CDT
Rumor has it these toys have Scramble Power, meaning the limbs are interchangeable with each other.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479338)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:38am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Rumor has it these toys have Scramble Power, meaning the limbs are interchangeable with each other.


I hope that's true. Twinstrike looks odd as an arm.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479339)
Posted by joevill on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:45am CDT
This looks amazing!
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479340)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:49am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Rumor has it these toys have Scramble Power, meaning the limbs are interchangeable with each other.


Given the way Blight and Rippersnapper seem to be attached to the 3mm bars on Hun-Gurr's legs, and the lack of a C-clip anywhere that would make Twinstrike useful as a leg, I wouldn't be surprised if this rumor was false. Not that I mind... The fact that these things combine at all is really pretty cool, given the amount of engineering they have to pack into such tiny figures to make it work. And it doesn't seem to take away from any of them as individual figures... They all look really nice, something I can't say about the last combiner they made at this scale (Legends RoTF Devastator).
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479341)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:52am CDT
:shock: Oh SNAP! Peaugh did it! He made an Abominus with a Hun-Gurr and four Twinstrikes. Scramble Power, FTW! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479342)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:53am CDT
they have absolutely no idea how to do combiners anymore, i will be getting the remaining terrorcons but wont be combining them more than once.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479344)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote::shock: Oh SNAP! Peaugh did it! He made an Abominus with a Hun-Gurr and four Twinstrikes. Scramble Power, FTW! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:



That little, flippin' genius.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479345)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on April 15th, 2013 @ 8:59am CDT
Let me rephrase... I don't think they were designed to have Scramble Power.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479352)
Posted by RAcast on April 15th, 2013 @ 9:22am CDT
Ohhhhhhhhh MAN! Come on Hasbro, shut and TAKE MY MONEY! :grin: That beastie is a BEAUT!
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479354)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 15th, 2013 @ 9:26am CDT
I must say it does look good for what it tries to do, given the limits of Legends/Legion scale. Of course you can't expect proper hands and feet hidden inside the bodies, it's either that or clip-ons that have nowhere else to go. >:oP
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479356)
Posted by RAcast on April 15th, 2013 @ 9:29am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I must say it does look good for what it tries to do, given the limits of Legends/Legion scale. Of course you can't expect proper hands and feet hidden inside the bodies, it's either that or clip-ons that have nowhere else to go. >:oP

I really like the idea of NOT having normal hands, I think it works spectacularly.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479367)
Posted by rpetras on April 15th, 2013 @ 10:05am CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Burn wrote:While I love Twinstrike, and no doubt will love the others when I get them, Hasbro, you want a combiner? The torso needs to be the next class size up.

Honestly, I feel that Hun-Gurrr is a big enough legion that he makes it work. He's supposed to be a monstrous combiner, not human-proportioned, so it's okay for him to have huge arms and legs. If Hun-Gurrr was a stick like some other legions, there'd be a problem, but he's probably twice the mass of some I've seen, and still only $6.


I have to agree with Burn, Hun Gurr should have been Legion commander sized.. Look at the original Abominus, Hun Gurr was so much larger than the others.


Count me in on that action.

I just got Hun-Grrr, and REALLY wish he had been in the commander class size range.

I planned to have this guy stand with my PCC stuff, but as is, he'll be pretty small in comparison. Maybe he'll fit better with my G1 Legends class display.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479371)
Posted by dirk2243 on April 15th, 2013 @ 10:10am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote: The fact that these things combine at all is really pretty cool, given the amount of engineering they have to pack into such tiny figures to make it work. And it doesn't seem to take away from any of them as individual figures... They all look really nice, something I can't say about the last combiner they made at this scale (Legends RoTF Devastator).


Honestly though, there is not much different size wise compared to there G1 counterpart with the exception of Hun-gurr.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479373)
Posted by Nightwalker on April 15th, 2013 @ 10:12am CDT
Sperate they are fine, combined: FUGLY as hell!
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479379)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 15th, 2013 @ 10:35am CDT
I've been waiting for more Legends Combiners ever since RotF Devastator. Hopefully I can actually find all the Terrorcons...

I do wish Hun-Grr was larger (or the torso was made up of multiple bots, like in Devy). Monstrous, inhuman proportions are great, but this looks functionally wrong, like he won't be able to support any poses besides "stand up straight".
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479382)
Posted by VioMeTriX on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:00am CDT
Mykltron wrote:Are those supposed to be arms? It's a mess.



yeah really, those folks at hasbro are really working hard... it takes real dedication to the cause to make a combiner that is leaps and bounds worse than the joke we call FOC Bruticus...
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479383)
Posted by RhA on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:02am CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:
Mykltron wrote:Are those supposed to be arms? It's a mess.



yeah really, those folks at hasbro are really working hard... it takes real dedication to the cause to make a combiner that is leaps and bounds worse than the joke we call FOC Bruticus...


:lol:

I still want it.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479384)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:03am CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:
Mykltron wrote:Are those supposed to be arms? It's a mess.



yeah really, those folks at hasbro are really working hard... it takes real dedication to the cause to make a combiner that is leaps and bounds worse than the joke we call FOC Bruticus...


To be fair, it is difficult to make Legends-sized combiners without compromising each individual. Also, he's a primal force to be reckoned with: which would do more damage, a pair of hands or a pair of serrated claws?
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479386)
Posted by Rated X on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:10am CDT
I expected the combined mode to suck. But the five figures are really awesome and make cool homages. I just wont combine them.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479397)
Posted by sweetlogo on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:45am CDT
Wow, what a mess.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479401)
Posted by VioMeTriX on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:53am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
VioMeTriX wrote:
Mykltron wrote:Are those supposed to be arms? It's a mess.



yeah really, those folks at hasbro are really working hard... it takes real dedication to the cause to make a combiner that is leaps and bounds worse than the joke we call FOC Bruticus...


To be fair, it is difficult to make Legends-sized combiners without compromising each individual. Also, he's a primal force to be reckoned with: which would do more damage, a pair of hands or a pair of serrated claws?



Hands are superior... its the whole opposable thumbs... claws can scratch and gash... so can hands, and with hands i can build a sheild and a weapon to kill your clawed behind.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479402)
Posted by Megazarak on April 15th, 2013 @ 11:57am CDT
I think he looks great! Definitely looking forward to picking these guys up.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479408)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 15th, 2013 @ 12:30pm CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:Hands are superior... its the whole opposable thumbs... claws can scratch and gash... so can hands, and with hands i can build a sheild and a weapon to kill your clawed behind.

I don't think Abominus has the mental capacity to build a shield or weapon. :lol:


I wish the hands looked less like untransformed monster-dragons, but if he can actually grab and lift other Legions then I'd be fine with them as is.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479413)
Posted by That Bot on April 15th, 2013 @ 12:58pm CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:Hands are superior... its the whole opposable thumbs... claws can scratch and gash... so can hands, and with hands i can build a sheild and a weapon to kill your clawed behind.

He has TWO opposable thumbs on his left hand in the form of Twinstrike's legs. So there. :P
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479422)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 15th, 2013 @ 1:24pm CDT
That thing looks like a piece of crap. I am SO glad I skipped on the Beast Hunters line.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479431)
Posted by Shelf Space on April 15th, 2013 @ 2:11pm CDT
I just want to get him so my G1 Abominus can beat him up
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479437)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 15th, 2013 @ 2:37pm CDT
I, for one, am really digging the inhuman proportions of Abominus. He's an alien robot death machine made from 5 smaller alien robot death machines. He doesn't need to be humanly scaled.

He will need repainting into less loud colours though, that's for sure.

And let's face it, at least it's better than the G1 combiners.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Abominus Combined (1479441)
Posted by That Bot on April 15th, 2013 @ 2:45pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:I, for one, am really digging the inhuman proportions of Abominus. He's an alien robot death machine made from 5 smaller alien robot death machines. He doesn't need to be humanly scaled.

He will need repainting into less loud colours though, that's for sure.

And let's face it, at least it's better than the G1 combiners.

I like you.

Click here to view an additional 107 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014