Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image

Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image

Friday, July 26th, 2013 2:03AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Media
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,823

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of the official Transformers Facebook page, we have another promotional image for tonight's season finale episode for Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters - Deadlock. Check out the mirrored image below!

Check out this exclusive shot from tomorrow's finale of Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters! With the chance to restore life to their home planet finally within reach, the Autobots and their human friends face the Decepticons for a last showdown.


Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image
Credit(s): Transformers Facebook
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506656)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on July 26th, 2013 @ 2:13am CDT
Arise, Bumblemus Prime?
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506661)
Posted by EagleTron on July 26th, 2013 @ 2:57am CDT
I thought only a prime could hold the saber. Could it be BumbblePrime or is just that somehow that omega lock thing is attracting or pulling the sword like magneticlly or some thing and bee is trying to keep it from getting sucked into that cyber matter creating machine.

IM BACK :DANCE: 8)
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506675)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 26th, 2013 @ 7:11am CDT
Twitchythe3rd wrote:Arise, Bumblemus Prime?


If there's one thing I can take away from the IDW Generation One continuity, it's this: never make Bumblebee the leader. :lol:
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506678)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 26th, 2013 @ 7:32am CDT
Why is everyone trying to pick up the Star Saber? It's heavier than any of them can hope to bench.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506683)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 26th, 2013 @ 7:50am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Why is everyone trying to pick up the Star Saber? It's heavier than any of them can hope to bench.


How can we be sure? Yes, despite Megatron's vast strength, even he could not pull the Star Saber from the rock, but so far, we've only seen Optimus Prime hold it with ease. It could be possible that, though it can only be removed by a Prime, it can be held (but not used in combat) by others of less nobility.

We've got less than twelve hours until the episode airs: I can wait to find out. ;)
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506693)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2013 @ 8:07am CDT
Yeah, Bee's probably just trying to pick it up so he can either get it to safety of give it to Prime. It might even be so heavy that he's forced to drag it rather than lift it all the way.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506703)
Posted by CR71Autobot on July 26th, 2013 @ 8:47am CDT
Is it just me, or has Smokescreen recently gotten the shaft. He was the only one who stayed behind to save Optimus, he passed up his opportunity to become Prime despite being a worthy candidate, and he rebuilt Optimus, saving the earth from certain destruction. Since then all he's done is change his colors and say his one line each episode. My guess is he's being set up to die :-(
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506704)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2013 @ 8:49am CDT
CR71Autobot wrote:Is it just me, or has Smokescreen recently gotten the shaft. He was the only one who stayed behind to save Optimus, he passed up his opportunity to become Prime despite being a worthy candidate, and he rebuilt Optimus, saving the earth from certain destruction. Since then all he's done is change his colors and say his one line each episode. My guess is he's being set up to die :-(
An earlier trailer gave us a glimpse at what might possibly be Smokescreen wielding the Star Saber, but we'll see.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506705)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 26th, 2013 @ 8:52am CDT
CR71Autobot wrote:Is it just me, or has Smokescreen recently gotten the shaft. He was the only one who stayed behind to save Optimus, he passed up his opportunity to become Prime despite being a worthy candidate, and he rebuilt Optimus, saving the earth from certain destruction. Since then all he's done is change his colors and say his one line each episode. My guess is he's being set up to die :-(

He won't die in this episode since we saw him in the Predacons Rising clip.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506820)
Posted by RAcast on July 26th, 2013 @ 7:17pm CDT
Ohh, oh-hohoho! That was good, that was quite good indeed!
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506840)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 26th, 2013 @ 8:44pm CDT
Would anyone be so gracious as to provide a link to tonight's episode? Unfortunately, something unexpected came up, so I had to miss it. :-(
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506861)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2013 @ 10:46pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Would anyone be so gracious as to provide a link to tonight's episode? Unfortunately, something unexpected came up, so I had to miss it. :-(
http://wetvall.weebly.com/transformers-prime---season-3-episode-13---deadlock.html
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506916)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 27th, 2013 @ 7:45am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Would anyone be so gracious as to provide a link to tonight's episode? Unfortunately, something unexpected came up, so I had to miss it. :-(
http://wetvall.weebly.com/transformers-prime---season-3-episode-13---deadlock.html


Thanks, Sabrblade! Just finished watching it.

Fantastic episode! Actually made me tear up. :(
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506932)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 27th, 2013 @ 9:40am CDT
Holy crap was that another Autobot love fest. Almost as bad as the end of T3 DotM. Thanks to the movies and these recent series, I now almost projectile vomit when I hear or see Bumblebee or even a yellow camaro. :vomit:

The humans were aggravating as well. Sh!t ending to an otherwise good storyline.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506936)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 27th, 2013 @ 9:53am CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:Sh!t ending to an otherwise good storyline.

How was this a shit ending? It had closure, something other series didn't have.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506940)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 27th, 2013 @ 10:13am CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:Holy crap was that another Autobot love fest.


Yes, because showing affection toward comrades you've fought beside for years is certainly a taboo
act.

Tell me; do you have any friends? If so, you too have experienced a similar "love fest."

Almost as bad as the end of T3 DotM.


:lol:

Yeah, you must be having a bad day to compare this to that.

Thanks to the movies and these recent series, I now almost projectile vomit when I here or see Bumblebee or even a yellow camaro. :vomit:


Kid, an episode is built around writing, storytelling, and character development, something "Deadlock" delivered well. It's not built around how much you hate a character because your local Wal-Mart overstocked him. :roll:

The humans were aggravating as well.


Oh here we go with this bull again. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506941)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 27th, 2013 @ 10:24am CDT
Kid, an episode is built around writing, storytelling, and character development, something "Deadlock" delivered well. It's not built around how much you hate a character because your local Wal-Mart overstocked him. :roll:


:lol:
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506942)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on July 27th, 2013 @ 10:29am CDT
The only disappointing thing about TF Prime, is the fact that it had to come to an end. :-(

Epic series. It was just as good if not better than G1 IMO and I will really miss it.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506962)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:25am CDT
viruscarnage wrote:
Cyclonus43 wrote:Sh!t ending to an otherwise good storyline.

How was this a shit ending? It had closure, something other series didn't have.



It just had a ridiculous ending.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506964)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:27am CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:
Cyclonus43 wrote:Sh!t ending to an otherwise good storyline.

How was this a shit ending? It had closure, something other series didn't have.



It just had a ridiculous ending.


What was so ridiculous about it? Autobots finally defeat the Decepticons. They've been doing it since forever.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506970)
Posted by RAcast on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:31am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Cyclonus43 wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:
Cyclonus43 wrote:Sh!t ending to an otherwise good storyline.

How was this a shit ending? It had closure, something other series didn't have.



It just had a ridiculous ending.


What was so ridiculous about it? Autobots finally defeat the Decepticons. They've been doing it since forever.

He won't be happy until the Decepticons win. :lol: No use arguing over it with him.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506972)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:37am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Yes, because showing affection toward comrades you've fought beside for years is certainly a taboo
act.

Tell me; do you have any friends? If so, you too have experienced a similar "love fest."


Good way to take my point out of context. It had nothing to do with the "love fest" you're referring to, it has to do with the writers "love fest" toward making the Autobots so superior and the Decepticons turn into idiots.

:lol:

Yeah, you must be having a bad day to compare this to that.


Why??? Both endings took about 7 minutes to dispose of all the bad guys....really????

Kid, an episode is built around writing, storytelling, and character development, something "Deadlock" delivered well. It's not built around how much you hate a character because your local Wal-Mart overstocked him. :roll:


Kid eh? Tell me old timer, how old are you? Then we'll determine who the "kid" is.

I love how you condescending fans always post obvious stuff like you're suddenly opening everyone's eyes to what goes on in a TV show.

I don't hate him because he sits on the shelf at Walmart, I hate him because he went from a "scout" to this utterly ridiculous unstoppable robot. He's the John Cena of Transformers.

Oh here we go with this bull again. :BANG_HEAD:


Yeah, heaven forbid anyone have a different opinion. I understand the necessity to have humans involved, but now they give them the bumblebee treatment.

I mean c'mon, Soundwave survives battles with Airachnid and Wheeljack, he escapes Autobot capture, and then of all things, he's all of a sudden going to turn dumb and get out-smarted by a couple of brats????
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506974)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:43am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Cyclonus43 wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:
Cyclonus43 wrote:Sh!t ending to an otherwise good storyline.

How was this a shit ending? It had closure, something other series didn't have.



It just had a ridiculous ending.


What was so ridiculous about it? Autobots finally defeat the Decepticons. They've been doing it since forever.


I understand this, I'm just saying that pretty much anywhere since the 2nd movie came out, the "end fights" are usually pretty simple.

There was hardly any equality in the actions. I NEVER once felt that the Decepticons had a chance of coming close to winning, ever. But I guess you can credit Bay's vision of the Transformers in the movies for that, but even in this series, there was never a feeling like the Decepticons had a chance, and to me, that's just a waste of story time. If you don't feel the good guys are going to have a problem dealing with the bad guys when they finally decide to, it's a waste.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506975)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:44am CDT
RAcast wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Cyclonus43 wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:
Cyclonus43 wrote:Sh!t ending to an otherwise good storyline.

How was this a shit ending? It had closure, something other series didn't have.



It just had a ridiculous ending.


What was so ridiculous about it? Autobots finally defeat the Decepticons. They've been doing it since forever.

He won't be happy until the Decepticons win. :lol: No use arguing over it with him.


No reason to be butthurt because not everyone shares your opinion.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506977)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:47am CDT
.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506981)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 27th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Yes, because showing affection toward comrades you've fought beside for years is certainly a taboo
act.

Tell me; do you have any friends? If so, you too have experienced a similar "love fest."


Good way to take my point out of context. It had nothing to do with the "love fest" you're referring to, it has to do with the writers "love fest" toward making the Autobots so superior and the Decepticons turn into idiots.


Damn the day the Autobots win the final battle...

If that's your beef, you might as well quit Transformers now.

Why??? Both endings took about 7 minutes to dispose of all the bad guys....really????


The difference:

In DOTM, the Autobots killed all of the Decepticons mercilessly without moral.

In Prime, only Megatron died (epically) and the rest were cleverly disposed of without death, most without any interference of the Autobots. Soundwave trapped in the Shadowzone, Starscream and Shockwave's escape, Knock Out's side-switch, and (though 5 episodes ago) Airachnid's improsonment on one of Cybertron's moon.

Kid eh? Tell me old timer, how old are you? Then we'll determine who the "kid" is.


I call everyone "kid."

I love how you condescending fans always post obvious stuff like you're suddenly opening everyone's eyes to what goes on in a TV show.


I am an aspiring writer myself, and none of your complaints attack what really matters in telling and ending a story. Most of what you're complaining about is a bunch of Decepticon-fanatic tantrum kibble.

I don't hate him because he sits on the shelf at Walmart, I hate him because he went from a "scout" to this utterly ridiculous unstoppable robot.


Yes, because in Prime, he was no match compared to Breakdown, Shockwave, MECH, and Knock Out. He just slaughtered them all, right?

I fail to see your point. Bumblebee only crushes the Vehicons, who are terrible fighters themselves. The only 'cons he's snuffed are Skyquake and Megatron, both were mostly unexpected strategical attacks. Do you think brawn conquers strategy on the field?

Oh here we go with this bull again. :BANG_HEAD:


Yeah, heaven forbid anyone have a different opinion. I understand the necessity to have humans involved, but now they give them the bumblebee treatment.


The "bull" I'm referring to is the fancry cliché that "GAWWWW HUMANS AREE ANNNOYING STUUPID SHOW."

I mean c'mon, Soundwave survives battles with Airachnid and Wheeljack, he escapes Autobot capture, and then of all things, he's all of a sudden going to turn dumb and get out-smarted by a couple of brats????


With Wheeljack and Airachnid, Soundwave had strategical advantage. Soundwave has no idea what the Shadowzone was 'nor was he aware that the humans were going to trap him.

You think characters just know everything that goes on and can stop everything in every circumstance? That's called being overpowered, which makes for the worst storytelling ever. :roll:
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506986)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 27th, 2013 @ 12:32pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Damn the day the Autobots win the final battle...

If that's your beef, you might as well quit Transformers now.


Again, for some reason, you miss my point. THERE WAS NEVER A POINT WHERE THE STORY MADE YOU THINK THE DECEPTICONS EVEN HAD A CHANCE. That's shitty writing.

In DOTM, the Autobots killed all of the Decepticons mercilessly without moral.

In Prime, only Megatron died (epically) and the rest were cleverly disposed of without death, most without any interference of the Autobots. Soundwave trapped in the Shadowzone, Starscream and Shockwave's escape, Knock Out's side-switch, and (though 5 episodes ago) Airachnid's improsonment on the moon.


For a writer, you're not much of a reader. I never said anything about "killed of death", I said "disposed", which covered any case in which a Decepticon was eliminated (Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream) or met their ending (TF3 Soundwave, Shockwave, Sentinal and Megatron all being killed in a matter of 4-5 minutes).

I call everyone "kid." Quit taking things so literally for a change.


I've hardly posted on here. Sorry I don't follow all your posts to know you meant otherwise.


I am an aspiring writer myself, and none of your complaints attack what really matters in telling and ending a story. Most of what you're complaining about is a bunch of Decepticon-fanatic tantrum kibble.


I'll simply refer you to the point I made in caps. I don't mind the Autobots winning, I simply have the problem with having never felt like it was in doubt.

Yes, because in Prime, he was no match compared to Breakdown, Shockwave, MECH, and Knock Out. He just slaughtered them all, right?


But he survived them, against foes that should have crushed him.

I fail to see your point. Bumblebee only crushes the Vehicons, who are terrible fighters themselves. The only 'cons he's snuffed are Skyquake and Megatron, both were mostly unexpected strategical attacks. Do you think brawn conquers strategy on the field?


Strategic or not, making him the reason that 2 of the more powerful Decepticons get taken out is silly, why not have him strategically take out Predaking as well?

No I don't think Brawn ALWAYS conquers strategy, but if you go up against it often enough, the chances of a different outcome start to rise. Never felt like anything was going to happen, simply go on happily ever after.

The "bull" I'm referring to is the fancry cliché that "GAWWWW HUMANS AREE ANNNOYING STUUPID SHOW."


So when someone has a different opinion, it's a fancry cliche?

With Wheeljack and Airachnid, Soundwave had strategical advantage. Soundwave has no idea what the Shadowzone was 'nor was he aware that the humans were going to trap him.

You think characters just know everything that goes on and can stop everything in every circumstance? That's called being overpowered, which makes for the worst storytelling ever. :roll:


As calculating as Soundwave was during the entire show's span, they turned him into an idiot for the last 20 seconds he's on the show. I KNEW something like that was going to happen as soon as the brats said they were going to the bridge. So Bumblebee can kill Skyquake and Megatron, that's okay, but Soundwave get's outsmarted by children? Good argument.

I just don't like it when you never feel the good guys are in trouble, it takes away any suspense or feeling in the show.

Look, it's a matter of opinion, I expressed mine, you don't like it, and I don't agree with yours, let's just move on.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506991)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 27th, 2013 @ 12:59pm CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Damn the day the Autobots win the final battle...

If that's your beef, you might as well quit Transformers now.


Again, for some reason, you miss my point. THERE WAS NEVER A POINT WHERE THE STORY MADE YOU THINK THE DECEPTICONS EVEN HAD A CHANCE.


In what world do the Decepticons EVER have a chance? The Autobots always win, in every continuity, in every installment, that's not Shattered Glass. If you expected the Decepticons to win or even wanted them to have a chance, then you clearly haven't experienced Transformers enough.

For a writer, you're not much of a reader. I never said anything about "killed of death", I said "disposed", which covered any case in which a Decepticon met his fate or ending.


The Decepticons are always disposed of in the end. :roll:

You're not much of a reader either. Only Megatron and Soundwave met an end. Starscream, Shockwave, Knock Out, and Airachnid are still very much active and will likely be put to use in the "Predacons Rising" movie.


I'll simply refer you to the point I made in caps. I don't mind the Autobots winning, I simply have the problem with having never felt like it was in doubt.


There's never a doubt the Autobots will win in any Transformers series. Again, if that's your beef, Transformers is not the franchise for you.

but he survived them,


Because killing off one of your biggest characters is a smart business move.

Bumblebee is to Transformers as Applejack is to MLP or Michaelangelo is to TMNT. You don't just throw away one of your biggest characters.

against foes that should have crushed him.


Getting crushed =/= death. You're very narrow-minded if you think Bumblebee didn't get his bee-hind beat by Knock Out or Shockwave.

I fail to see your point. Bumblebee only crushes the Vehicons, who are terrible fighters themselves. The only 'cons he's snuffed are Skyquake and Megatron, both were mostly unexpected strategical attacks. Do you think brawn conquers strategy on the field?


Strategic or not, making him the reason that 2 of the more powerful Decepticons get taken out is silly, why not have him strategically take out Predaking as well?


Because Predaking is both Brain and Brawn. Megatron and Skyquake were all brawn and no brain. Especially with Megatron - he was so cocky that he killed Bumblebee that he didn't expect him to stab him in the chest. If you shot someone three times in the heart, would YOU expect them to get up and shove a knife in yours?

The "bull" I'm referring to is the fancry cliché that "GAWWWW HUMANS AREE ANNNOYING STUUPID SHOW."


So when someone has a different opinion, it's a fancry cliche?


When something is repeatedand overdone, it is a cliché. Hate towards humans have existed in the fandom for 30 years, and by now, it is cliché.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but how long have you been a fan of Transformers? You seem to be missing out on some of the major points of the fandom and franchise.

As calculating as Soundwave was during the entire show's span, they turned him into an idiot for the last 20 seconds he's on the show.


Okay, smarty pants. How would you propose Soundwave was to know another bridge was to open behind him? Please, step into Soundwave's shoes and devise how Soundwave was to focus on getting Miko out of his way and detecting 0.5 second Ground Bridge activation MILES away and avoid being sucked into the two portals into the Shadowzone.

I just don't like it when you never feel the good guys are in trouble, it takes away any suspense or feeling in the show.

Look, it's a matter of opinion, I expressed mine, you don't like it, and I don't agree with yours, let's just move on.


I don't like it either - I don't bash the whole episode for not catering to my "Bad Guy Fan" needs. I become objective when watching these episodes. It probably helps me from studying the elements of storytelling, but I'm certain every Transformers fan watching this had no doubt the Autobots were going to win.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1506992)
Posted by CaptainMagic on July 27th, 2013 @ 1:16pm CDT
I'll definitely jump on the "didn't like it" bandwagon, because the tone was all wrong for me. Megatron's death, the restoration of Cybertron, and the Autobots' exit all seemed really lacking in excitement, which is the only thing I was really looking for. The only moment where I was thinking "Hell yeah, that was awesome" was the part where Bumblebee died, and that was clearly not the intent.

Basically, what they needed to do was just shorten up all of the sad parts. Bumblebee's death did not need to stretch all the way across a commercial break, Megatron didn't need to stare in impotent outrage for forever before he died, and, while I get the tearful good bye, I don't really think they needed it at all, especially because they have easy means of traveling back and forth. This wasn't "good-bye forever", this was "see you later", and I personally have never been one to get all weepy over that.

Oh well, we do still have a bit further to go, so hopefully Predacons Rising will be the big finale I wanted.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507032)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 27th, 2013 @ 5:17pm CDT
I too didn't quite think the episode stacked up as to what it could have been.
Don't get me wrong, it was still a cool episode, and I like the show in general, but I agree with those that say that a feeling of danger was lacking. It's a show for kids though, so keeping that in mind, they still kept the onscreen action interesting.

I think I would have liked to see some casualties. Have at least one Autobot actually die, and then the death of Megatron feels like it actually came at some cost. When I thought BumbleBee died, I was freaking ecstatic. This would have made up for all the lucky wins for the Autobots in the show, and given the show some real strength as an unformulaic sci fi. Alas, it wasn't to be.

What would have been great is if the Decepticons killed off most of the Autobots except for 2-3, and those few are the ones who manage to kill Megatron. Make it seem like a real, extremely difficult challenge, so that when "Megatron is no more" is heard, the viewers go, daaaamnn.... that was intense, didn't think they were going to do it, but they did. This would also help with the quick defeat of Soundwave, and make it more palatable.

Perhaps I ask too much from TF Prime. Oh well. The way things played out made sense, like Soundwave being put into the Shadowzone. It's not like Soundwave would have had a chance in a fight against the apex armour anyway. They had to try and outsmart him, so whatever, it works. They could have gone a different route to show more of a battle with Soundwave, which I would have preferred, but again, its TF Prime, not the comics or anything for a more adult audience.

I want to see Predaking go on more killing rampages since he's damn near invincible :twisted:
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507090)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 27th, 2013 @ 10:04pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:In what world do the Decepticons EVER have a chance? The Autobots always win, in every continuity, in every installment, that's not Shattered Glass. If you expected the Decepticons to win or even wanted them to have a chance, then you clearly haven't experienced Transformers enough.


I guess having a different opinion isn't enough for you, you have to try and shove your holier than thou opinion in my face constantly, as if in some way to make me feel my opinion is wrong.

The Decepticons are always disposed of in the end. :roll:

You're not much of a reader either. Only Megatron and Soundwave met an end. Starscream, Shockwave, Knock Out, and Airachnid are still very much active and will likely be put to use in the "Predacons Rising" movie.


It's truly a shame that you continue to take my words for what ever meaning you'd like them to have.

After explaining the word "dispose" in the sense I was using it, it was clear what I meant.


Because killing off one of your biggest characters is a smart business move.

Bumblebee is to Transformers as Applejack is to MLP or Michaelangelo is to TMNT. You don't just throw away one of your biggest characters.

Getting crushed =/= death. You're very narrow-minded if you think Bumblebee didn't get his bee-hind beat by Knock Out or Shockwave.


Fine, then let Megatron lose to Optimus as it should be, not to a mumbling excuse to over-produce merchandise.

So he got beat up, again, it's not like there was ever a chance anything more would happen.

Because Predaking is both Brain and Brawn. Megatron and Skyquake were all brawn and no brain. Especially with Megatron - he was so cocky that he killed Bumblebee that he didn't expect him to stab him in the chest. If you shot someone three times in the heart, would YOU expect them to get up and shove a knife in yours?


Not if it was anyone other than the golden idol of the franchise, no. If it was anyone else, realistically, then yes, I expect them to die.

When something is repeatedand overdone, it is a cliché. Hate towards humans have existed in the fandom for 30 years, and by now, it is cliché.


Again, I have NO PROBLEM with humans being the shows, open your fucking eyes already.

I have a problem with a bunch of brats taking down Decepticons like it was nothing.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but how long have you been a fan of Transformers? You seem to be missing out on some of the major points of the fandom and franchise.


I would have to say going on 30 years. But more for the concept, not the reality. To me, the original Transformers the movie (1986) was a perfect example of making it seem like the Autobots didn't have a chance, which in turn, makes the outcome that much more enjoyable. Knowing that the bad guys haven't a chance, makes it dull and repetitive.

Okay, smarty pants. How would you propose Soundwave was to know another bridge was to open behind him? Please, step into Soundwave's shoes and devise how Soundwave was to focus on getting Miko out of his way and detecting 0.5 second Ground Bridge activation MILES away and avoid being sucked into the two portals into the Shadowzone.


He didn't have to know, but to have him stand there, rather than walk into his own bridge, was absolutely stupid. He just stood there watching the other bridge get closer.

I don't like it either - I don't bash the whole episode for not catering to my "Bad Guy Fan" needs. I become objective when watching these episodes. It probably helps me from studying the elements of storytelling, but I'm certain every Transformers fan watching this had no doubt the Autobots were going to win.


That's fine that you're an Autobot homer, that never expects the bad guys do do anything even remotely threatening. If you don't put the good guys into adverse situations, or ones that you actually feel they're in jeopardy or fighting against the odds, then why bother with the goody 2 shoes stories if you always know the inevitable outcome?

Again, just accept my opinion as mine and not yours and move on, you WILL NOT change my opinion, nor will you make me feel bad or inferior for having it. Move on.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507098)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 27th, 2013 @ 11:00pm CDT
I am going to intervene for a second here.

Cyclonus43 wrote:It's truly a shame that you continue to take my words for what ever meaning you'd like them to have.

After explaining the word "dispose" in the sense I was using it, it was clear what I meant


Was it? I was taking it the same way Pryme was and I'm an outside observer.

So he got beat up, again, it's not like there was ever a chance anything more would happen.


Really? was this not a chance?

Image

Not if it was anyone other than the golden idol of the franchise, no. If it was anyone else, realistically, then yes, I expect them to die.


Real life situation; You are trying to protect your house and family from a dangerous threat, somebody attempts to give his leader a giant sword, you shoot him in the chest 3 times with a 82 A1. Do you expect him to stand back up and stab your with a sword that he can barely lift?

I have a problem with a bunch of brats taking down Decepticons like it was nothing.


Why do you have a problem with this? He got outsmarted by intelligent life forms.

He didn't have to know, but to have him stand there, rather than walk into his own bridge, was absolutely stupid. He just stood there watching the other bridge get closer.


It wouldn't have mattered, if he would have went in the bridge it still would have taken him to the Shadowzone.

That's fine that you're an Autobot homer, that never expects the bad guys do do anything even remotely threatening.

Actually last week Pryme wasn't happy at the fact that the Autobots weren't being put in certain situations like that.

then why bother with the goody 2 shoes stories if you always know the inevitable outcome?

Because he wants to see the badass fight scenes ;)
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507120)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 28th, 2013 @ 12:38am CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:In what world do the Decepticons EVER have a chance? The Autobots always win, in every continuity, in every installment, that's not Shattered Glass. If you expected the Decepticons to win or even wanted them to have a chance, then you clearly haven't experienced Transformers enough.


I guess having a different opinion isn't enough for you, you have to try and shove your holier than thou opinion in my face constantly, as if in some way to make me feel my opinion is wrong.


This is not my opinion...this is evidence from 30 years of Transformers fiction. The Decepticons have never come out on top or remotely had a chance. The 1986 movie was great for bringing Autobots down, but we all knew the Autobots were going to miraculously pull through the waging war in the end.

The Decepticons are always disposed of in the end. :roll:

You're not much of a reader either. Only Megatron and Soundwave met an end. Starscream, Shockwave, Knock Out, and Airachnid are still very much active and will likely be put to use in the "Predacons Rising" movie.


It's truly a shame that you continue to take my words for what ever meaning you'd like them to have.

After explaining the word "dispose" in the sense I was using it, it was clear what I meant.


Because killing off one of your biggest characters is a smart business move.

Bumblebee is to Transformers as Applejack is to MLP or Michaelangelo is to TMNT. You don't just throw away one of your biggest characters.

Getting crushed =/= death. You're very narrow-minded if you think Bumblebee didn't get his bee-hind beat by Knock Out or Shockwave.


Fine, then let Megatron lose to Optimus as it should be, not to a mumbling excuse to over-produce merchandise.

So he got beat up, again, it's not like there was ever a chance anything more would happen


Viruscarnage took care of this for me.
Not if it was anyone other than the golden idol of the franchise, no. If it was anyone else, realistically, then yes, I expect them to die.


Yes, you'd expect them to die....realistically. Especially since mortality in Transformers Prime is more realistic with the average joes (Cliffjumper anyone?) than any other series. Megatron expected Bumblebee to be dead. To us, Bumblebee was gonna get up. Megatron can't read the wikis, bro. Realistically, Megatron was caught off guard, and realistically, Megatron died because of a surprise attack nobody BEHIND THE FOURTH WALL expected.


Again, I have NO PROBLEM with humans being the shows, open your **** eyes already.


:roll:

You're being very ignorant. You already explained yourself to me in this regard. Why are you re-hashing it? You were comparing apples and oranges (clichés and opinions), I try to readjust you, and you wanna cuss me out.



He didn't have to know, but to have him stand there, rather than walk into his own bridge, was absolutely stupid. He just stood there watching the other bridge get closer.


Ah...

Re-watch "Shadowzone."

It didn't matter what bridge Soundwave walked through; BOTH bridges were pulling him and BOTH bridges would have sent him into the Shadowzone. There was NOTHING Soundwave could do.
I don't like it either - I don't bash the whole episode for not catering to my "Bad Guy Fan" needs. I become objective when watching these episodes. It probably helps me from studying the elements of storytelling, but I'm certain every Transformers fan watching this had no doubt the Autobots were going to win.


That's fine that you're an Autobot homer,


Wait.

Think.

Faction: Decepticon

Signature: Decepticons

Quote above: "I don't like it [Decepticons losing easily] either" & "I don't bash the whole episode for not catering to >my "Bad Guy Fan" needs<"

All this = Autobot homer?

WHHHHAAAAAAAA?

that never expects the bad guys do do anything even remotely threatening.


THE DECEPTICONS HAVE BEEN THREATING ALL SERIES LONG!! What more do you want?!?!?!

If you don't put the good guys into adverse situations, or ones that you actually feel they're in jeopardy or fighting against the odds, then why bother with the goody 2 shoes stories if you always know the inevitable outcome?


I don't know - Optimus hanging off the Nemesis without flight capability and thousands upon thousands of kilometers to fall to his death with Megatron ready to butcher his hands off seemed rather dangerous to me

Again, just accept my opinion as mine and not yours and move on, you WILL NOT change my opinion, nor will you make me feel bad or inferior for having it. Move on.


I'm not trying to change your opinion. I'm trying to get some valid reasoning out of it through discussion (on discussion board).
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507145)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 28th, 2013 @ 3:14am CDT
A lot of Autobots died in the Animated movie. Being a kid I didn't know the Autobots would win. As an adult, I'm sure I would have, but damn, death was fairly embedded throughout the movie. Hey, Starscream died too, it isn't just Autobot hate. It's just a longing to finally see Transformers reach that status where it's, dare I say, evolving into something more, and something real. So, in other words, non-formulaic. Maybe one day.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507209)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 28th, 2013 @ 9:16am CDT
viruscarnage wrote:I am going to intervene for a second here.

Was it? I was taking it the same way Pryme was and I'm an outside observer.


That's not my fault, especially after I have now explained what I meant, there is no need for you to re-hash things that have already been discussed.

Really? was this not a chance?

Image


It doesn't matter how close it looks, it matters if I believe he actually had a chance of dieing, and NO, I didn't.

Real life situation; You are trying to protect your house and family from a dangerous threat, somebody attempts to give his leader a giant sword, you shoot him in the chest 3 times with a 82 A1. Do you expect him to stand back up and stab your with a sword that he can barely lift?


Real life situation???? It's a board about a cartoon, humans don't have super powers, that'd be like a 10 year old trying to lift Conan's sword....in reality, it doesn't happen.

Why do you have a problem with this? He got outsmarted by intelligent life forms.


If Soundwave isn't smarter than a couple of kids, then you've proven my point, they made him out to be an idiot in the end.

It wouldn't have mattered, if he would have went in the bridge it still would have taken him to the Shadowzone.


Again, it's something I see different, as you don't have any proof over what would have happened had he walked into his own bridge in that split second he noticed the other one.

Actually last week Pryme wasn't happy at the fact that the Autobots weren't being put in certain situations like that.


So he said it for one episode, i meant for an entire series.

Because he wants to see the badass fight scenes ;)


Sorry, they're just not badass if you know the outcome ahead of time.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507213)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 28th, 2013 @ 9:38am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:This is not my opinion...this is evidence from 30 years of Transformers fiction. The Decepticons have never come out on top or remotely had a chance. The 1986 movie was great for bringing Autobots down, but we all knew the Autobots were going to miraculously pull through the waging war in the end.


I already showed you with Transformers the Movie (1986) of the type of adverse situations I'm talking about., so NO, it hasn't always been that way for 30 years. That movie at least made the payoff worth while, almost everything since then, it's alaways been obvious that the Decepticons didn't have a chance.

Yes, you'd expect them to die....realistically. Especially since mortality in Transformers Prime is more realistic with the average joes (Cliffjumper anyone?) than any other series. Megatron expected Bumblebee to be dead. To us, Bumblebee was gonna get up. Megatron can't read the wikis, bro. Realistically, Megatron was caught off guard, and realistically, Megatron died because of a surprise attack nobody BEHIND THE FOURTH WALL expected.


It was an incident that shouldn't/couldn't happen under realistic circumstance. The minute Bumblebee "died", it was a signal of some ridiculous comeback. How anyone couldn't see that or didn't know is beyond me.

:roll:

You're being very ignorant. You already explained yourself to me in this regard. Why are you re-hashing it? You were comparing apples and oranges (clichés and opinions), I try to readjust you, and you wanna cuss me out.


I didn't "cuss you out", I used an expletive to high-lite my sentence. To YOU, my opinion is a "cliche", to me, it's still my opinion.


Ah...

Re-watch "Shadowzone."

It didn't matter what bridge Soundwave walked through; BOTH bridges were pulling him and BOTH bridges would have sent him into the Shadowzone. There was NOTHING Soundwave could do.


THANK YOU for proving my point. IT DID matter, Soundwave had that split-second to hop into his own bridge (like Starscream), and come out unscathed.


Wait.

Think.

Faction: Decepticon

Signature: Decepticons

Quote above: "I don't like it [Decepticons losing easily] either" & "I don't bash the whole episode for not catering to >my "Bad Guy Fan" needs<"

All this = Autobot homer?

WHHHHAAAAAAAA?


I have a picture of Patrick Roy, doesn't make me an NHL goalie. Then you're either like me, and think the Decepticons have better looking robots/alt modes and are pretty great when they're on their own, not facing the Autobots, or you support a band of what in the long run, are idiots. The Decepticons have almost always ruled Cybertron in the shows/movies, as soon as they leave Cybertron, they're morons.

THE DECEPTICONS HAVE BEEN THREATING ALL SERIES LONG!! What more do you want?!?!?!


Again, I apologize. If you think ANYTHING the Decepticons did was "threatening", then you have a much better ability to suspend reality than I do.

I don't know - Optimus hanging off the Nemesis without flight capability and thousands upon thousands of kilometers to fall to his death with Megatron ready to butcher his hands off seemed rather dangerous to me


IT DOESN'T MATTER....don't you get it? If I don't BElIEVE there's a chance of Optimus falling, then it doesn't matter what situation they put him in.

I'm not trying to change your opinion. I'm trying to get some valid reasoning out of it through discussion (on discussion board).


Fair enough, but now that I've explained my opinion, why the need to continue to question it???
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507214)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 28th, 2013 @ 9:40am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:A lot of Autobots died in the Animated movie. Being a kid I didn't know the Autobots would win. As an adult, I'm sure I would have, but damn, death was fairly embedded throughout the movie. Hey, Starscream died too, it isn't just Autobot hate. It's just a longing to finally see Transformers reach that status where it's, dare I say, evolving into something more, and something real. So, in other words, non-formulaic. Maybe one day.



Somebody else gets it, thank you.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507244)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 28th, 2013 @ 12:01pm CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:The minute Bumblebee "died", it was a signal of some ridiculous comeback. How anyone couldn't see that or didn't know is beyond me.


Because the Decepticons aren't Transformers fans, honey. They're fictional characters, and to the Decepticons, Bumblebee is about as significant as that neighbor you've met only a couple of times.


THANK YOU for proving my point. IT DID matter, Soundwave had that split-second to hop into his own bridge (like Starscream), and come out unscathed.


The bridges were closer in proximity than the two from Shadowzone. They had a bigger gravitational force. You saw how the bridges lifted Jack up, right? Soundwave couldn't move - he was literally being torn in half, and the bridges collapsed on him, sending him into the aforementioned dimension.


I have a picture of Patrick Roy, doesn't make me an NHL goalie. Then you're either like me, and think the Decepticons have better looking robots/alt modes and are pretty great when they're on their own, not facing the Autobots, or you support a band of what in the long run, are idiots.


See...this is what I mean by being "objective."

I love the Decepticons. My favorite characters are Sixshot, Shockwave, and Breakdown. In fact, here's a quote from a response one of my past posts:

Henry921 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I don't read MTMTE, Va'al brought me here after he alluded to this, but...

Death is good. Death is very good. :twisted:


You can always be relied upon to relish Autobot deaths, Pryme.


But no matter how much I love the Decepticons and want them to win, I know that's not going to happen. Perhaps that's what ruined the "suspense" for you? The good guys encountering difficulty doesn't need to be a killing spree. They can be near-death experiences; something Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Smokescreen went through during this episode. That's my point.

Also, the 1986 movie killed off quite a handful of Autobots. What happened? Children cried, locked themselves in bathrooms, and threw away their Transformers collections. Hasbro, remembering what happened back there, especially with Optimus Prime, did not want to make the same mistake again. Perhaps that’s why we didn’t get the Autobot smolders you and I wanted.


The Decepticons have almost always ruled Cybertron in the shows/movies, as soon as they leave Cybertron, they're morons.


:lol: Funny how in Animated the Decepticons had lost the war and they were more strategic, especially that Megatron.



Again, I apologize. If you think ANYTHING the Decepticons did was "threatening", then you have a much better ability to suspend reality than I do.


That's what makes fiction fiction, right?

IT DOESN'T MATTER....don't you get it? If I don't BElIEVE there's a chance of Optimus falling, then it doesn't matter what situation they put him in.


It kind of does. Just because you are more pessimistic towards Transformers' writers ability to kill Optimus & Bumblebee doesn't mean everyone else is. I watched the finale with some of my friends (granted, are not Transformers fans), and most of them were on the edge of their seat when Optimus & Bumblebee experienced life-threatening situations. I'm sure most kids reacted the same way, just like the way you did with the deaths of Ironhide & co. in the '86 movie. Referring to MINDVVIPE'S post...

MINDVVIPE wrote:Being a kid I didn't know the Autobots would win. As an adult, I'm sure I would have,


You are an adult, and an active fan of the franchise. Again, I don't think anyone in the fandom expected Bumblebee & Optimus to die, but we're not particularly supposed to. We know Hasbro's business plans - little kids, for the most part, don't.

Fair enough, but now that I've explained my opinion, why the need to continue to question it???


Because we are still discussing our conflicting views on "Deadlock's" plot points.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507256)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 28th, 2013 @ 12:47pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Because the Decepticons aren't Transformers fans, honey. They're fictional characters, and to the Decepticons, Bumblebee is about as significant as that neighbor you've met only a couple of times.


If you wish me not to "cuss at you", then refrain from your necessity to call me something new in every post, simply address me as my screen name or move on.


The bridges were closer in proximity than the two from Shadowzone. They had a bigger gravitational force. You saw how the bridges lifted Jack up, right? Soundwave couldn't move - he was literally being torn in half, and the bridges collapsed on him, sending him into the aforementioned dimension.


Anything you say. You're right, I'm wrong, either way, I'm tired of having to repeat my opinion. You see things one way, I see them another. Move on.


See...this is what I mean by being "objective."

I love the Decepticons. My favorite characters are Sixshot, Shockwave, and Breakdown. In fact, here's a quote from a response one of my past posts:

Henry921 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I don't read MTMTE, Va'al brought me here after he alluded to this, but...

Death is good. Death is very good. :twisted:


You can always be relied upon to relish Autobot deaths, Pryme.


But no matter how much I love the Decepticons and want them to win, I know that's not going to happen. Perhaps that's what ruined the "suspense" for you? The good guys encountering difficulty doesn't need to be a killing spree.


I to KNOW it's not going to happen, as I've reiterated for how many posts now? The trick is making me think otherwise, so that when the Autobots DO WIN, it appears they actually had something to lose.

They can be near-death experiences; something Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Smokescreen went through during this episode. That's my point.


None of those experiences made me think ANY of them were going to die, at ANY point.

Also, the 1986 movie killed off quite a handful of Autobots. What happened? Children cried, locked themselves in bathrooms, and threw away their Transformers collections. Hasbro, remembering what happened back there, especially with Optimus Prime, did not want to make the same mistake again. Perhaps that’s why we didn’t get the Autobot smolders you and I wanted.


That's their problems, not mine. I was about 13 when I saw it in theaters, and yes, I got a little sniffle when Prime died, but I didn't throw a tantrum or toss my toys. I was actually interested to see how the Autobots were going to overcome that loss, especially since that tool Ultra Magnus was clearly not going to be the leader.


:lol: Funny how in Animated the Decepticons had lost the war and they were more strategic, especially that Megatron.


Different approach, same probable outcome, though ended rather abruptly.

That's what makes fiction fiction, right?


Yes, but it doesn't make it good fiction.

It kind of does. Just because you are more pessimistic towards Transformers' writers ability to kill Optimus & Bumblebee doesn't mean everyone else is. I watched the finale with some of my friends (granted, are not Transformers fans), and most of them were on the edge of their seat when Optimus & Bumblebee experienced life-threatening situations. I'm sure most kids reacted the same way, just like the way you did with the deaths of Ironhide & co. in the '86 movie. Referring to MINDVVIPE'S post...


As I mentioned, the only one that affected me in the movie was Optimus. The rest were neither here nor there. Although seeing Starscream get vaporized left me with a smile.

Do you know how many times I've seen Optimus hanging by one hand like that? Does he ever fall? Most likely not, and when he did fall, he bounced around, had a headache and came back, never once making me think his survival was in any kind of danger.

My view of the ending scene (with Optimus hanging and Bumblebee "dead") was this...."Oh great, what dumb shit is about to happen to make the Autobots win this time?"

MINDVVIPE wrote:You are an adult, and an active fan of the franchise. Again, I don't think anyone in the fandom expected Bumblebee & Optimus to die, but we're not particularly supposed to. We know Hasbro's business plans - little kids, for the most part, don't.


They don't necessarily have to die, just feel LIKE they're going to, and TO ME, they didn't do that. Though I would like the occasional sacrifice for the cause to make it more believable.

As for me, I prefer to see sacrifice, to feel like something has been lost or given up in order to win, not just lulling over battles for 64 episode with an obvious payoff.

I mean the body count over the series was what, 5 to 1 in favor of the Autobots?

The Decepticons lost Breakdown, Skyquake, Megatron, Makeshift, and Dreadwing (although he was killed by Megatron.) To what, Cliffjumper???? A guy that had no character build, and served no purpose except to get fans that hoped the series would be more like that hooked?


Because we are still discussing our conflicting views on "Deadlock's" plot points.


You're still discussing them, I'm trying to point out that we have different views and opinions and to leave it at that, but I'm sure you won't, again.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507260)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 28th, 2013 @ 1:20pm CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:That's their problems, not mine.

Why are you acting so arrogant.

[quote=]That's not my fault, especially after I have now explained what I meant, there is no need for you to re-hash things that have already been discussed.[/quote]
I'm talking about when I read it originally not your clarification afterwards.

Real life situation???? It's a board about a cartoon, humans don't have super powers, that'd be like a 10 year old trying to lift Conan's sword....in reality, it doesn't happen.


But you still expect him to be dead, despite the realism issues that you may have.

If Soundwave isn't smarter than a couple of kids, then you've proven my point, they made him out to be an idiot in the end.


Soundwave is smarter then the kids for the most part, but he was not expecting dual ground bridges to send him to another dimension.

Again, it's something I see different, as you don't have any proof over what would have happened had he walked into his own bridge in that split second he noticed the other one.


Go watch Shadowzone.

So he said it for one episode, i meant for an entire series.


:roll: The reason for his frustrations might have been because no more Autobots other then Cliffjumper died it may have simply not have bothered him a lot until not.

Sorry, they're just not badass if you know the outcome ahead of time.

On the contrary I think they are badass even when you know the outcome.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507278)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 28th, 2013 @ 2:32pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:Why are you acting so arrogant.


So now when I express my feelings, I'm arrogant?

But you still expect him to be dead, despite the realism issues that you may have.


No, I don't. Knowing this shows history I don't in anyway ever believe they'd kill off Bumblebee.

Soundwave is smarter then the kids for the most part, but he was not expecting dual ground bridges to send him to another dimension.


Still not an excuse for his inability to get out of the situation, no matter how ridiculous it may seem to you. You know, like they ALWAYS do for the Autobots.

Go watch Shadowzone.


Watched it, read some other posts and see what I said then.

:roll: The reason for his frustrations might have been because no more Autobots other then Cliffjumper died it may have simply not have bothered him a lot until not.


I was never worried about his frustrations or anything else about him, I simply expressed my opinion on the episode, and that was it. I didn't need a forum brigade to come out and give me shit about it.

On the contrary I think they are badass even when you know the outcome.


And that's fine, I'm not being a dick to YOU about YOUR OPINION, I'm simply saying it's not mine, and trying to move on, but you 2 seem to have to read things a hundred times before the point gets made.

LET IT GO.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507285)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2013 @ 3:13pm CDT
Soundwave was rendered completely immobilized. As he turned around to look at the second bridge, his own bridge grabbed hold of him and tried to suck him in just as the second one did. How would he know to move away from the two portals if he never knew about what would happen when two portals are open at the same time right next to each other? He sensed no danger in that split-second before he was stuck because he never knew of the danger that would ensue, and thus wasn't prepared to deal with it. It wasn't "idiocy", but "ignorance", that Jack took advantage of. This is no opinion.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507294)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 28th, 2013 @ 3:39pm CDT
Hey Cyclonus43, I agree with the overall point your making, which is that the show is Autobot biased, and that IS true, everyone should be able to agree on that, coz it just is. It's meant for kids. Cyclonus has a problem with that, expressed his views, and that's that.

As for the Soundwave thing, even if it falls in line with being Autubot, or even human biased, it's still better, imo, than quite a few of the earlier lucky wins for the good guys, so I'm just happy it was fairly clever, AND Soundwave isn't actually dead but just trapped. If they had killed him with the Apex Armour, which, given the built up "strength" of the suit, it would not be an argueable end, but would have sucked way more coz Soundwave would have to be dead.

This show isn't perfect. The very fact that they needed vehicons for fodder to keep the action going is already a fault that has been throughout the entire show. Cyclonus43, if you want to enjoy some TF fiction that caters to our love for better storytelling, just read the comics hombre ;)^
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507296)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 28th, 2013 @ 3:41pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Soundwave was rendered completely immobilized. As he turned around to look at the second bridge, his own bridge grabbed hold of him and tried to suck him in just as the second one did. How would he know to move away from the two portals if he never knew about what would happen when two portals are open at the same time right next to each other? He sensed no danger in that split-second before he was stuck because he never knew of the danger that would ensue, and thus wasn't prepared to deal with it. It wasn't "idiocy", but "ignorance", that Jack took advantage of. This is no opinion.



Of course, why would he have no clue what would happen?
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507297)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 28th, 2013 @ 3:42pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Hey Cyclonus43, I agree with the overall point your making, which is that the show is Autobot biased, and that IS true, everyone should be able to agree on that, coz it just is. It's meant for kids. Cyclonus has a problem with that, expressed his views, and that's that.

As for the Soundwave thing, even if it falls in line with being Autubot, or even human biased, it's still better, imo, than quite a few of the earlier lucky wins for the good guys, so I'm just happy it was fairly clever, AND Soundwave isn't actually dead but just trapped. If they had killed him with the Apex Armour, which, given the built up "strength" of the suit, it would not be an argueable end, but would have sucked way more coz Soundwave would have to be dead.

This show isn't perfect. The very fact that they needed vehicons for fodder to keep the action going is already a fault that has been throughout the entire show. Cyclonus43, if you want to enjoy some TF fiction that caters to our love for better storytelling, just read the comics hombre ;)^



Thank you. I will try that.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507300)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 28th, 2013 @ 3:53pm CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:Of course, why would he have no clue what would happen?
Cuz he's never been revealed to have ever experienced/witnessed the opening of two adjacent portals together before.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507301)
Posted by Cyclonus43 on July 28th, 2013 @ 3:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Cyclonus43 wrote:Of course, why would he have no clue what would happen?
Cuz he's never been revealed to have ever experienced/witnessed the opening of two adjacent portals together before.


Ah, well since they never revealed it, then obviously there's no way he could have known about it.
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507303)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 28th, 2013 @ 4:05pm CDT
Cyclonus43 wrote:No, I don't. Knowing this shows history I don't in anyway ever believe they'd kill off Bumblebee.


He clearly meant in the situation you shot someone four times in the chest with a cannon and expecting them to get up, not "you" sitting their watching the show, with Hasbro & the writer's intent in mind.


That's what makes fiction fiction, right?


Yes, but it doesn't make it good fiction.


So, fiction should be real in order to be good fiction. Seems kind of ironic, does it not?

Sabrblade wrote:Soundwave was rendered completely immobilized. As he turned around to look at the second bridge, his own bridge grabbed hold of him and tried to suck him in just as the second one did. How would he know to move away from the two portals if he never knew about what would happen when two portals are open at the same time right next to each other? He sensed no danger in that split-second before he was stuck because he never knew of the danger that would ensue, and thus wasn't prepared to deal with it. It wasn't "idiocy", but "ignorance", that Jack took advantage of. This is no opinion.


Thank you. >:oP

I mean the body count over the series was what, 5 to 1 in favor of the Autobots?

The Decepticons lost Breakdown, Skyquake, Megatron, Makeshift, and Dreadwing (although he was killed by Megatron.) To what, Cliffjumper????


Technically, it was 4-6

Autobot casualties
1. Cliffjumper
2. Tailgate
3. Alpha Trion
4. Seaspray
(5 if you count Optimus Prime's 10-second-death)

Decepticon casualties
1. Skyquake
2. Makeshift
3. Breakdown
4. Dreadwing
5. Hardshell
6. Megatron
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507305)
Posted by RAcast on July 28th, 2013 @ 4:08pm CDT
I'm just glad they didn't kill off any more minibots. I cried a little inside when Wheeljack told of Seaspray's untimely demise. :sad:
Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters Deadlock Promo Image (1507308)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 28th, 2013 @ 4:13pm CDT
RAcast wrote:I'm just glad they didn't kill off any more minibots. I cried a little inside when Wheeljack told of Seaspray's untimely demise. :sad:


I cried a lot inside when the writers told us they intended to bring him back for season three. :sad:

Click here to view an additional 61 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014