Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours

Thursday, April 25th, 2013 1:10PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 19,291

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Twitter and YouTube user Joe Paulin has sent us an image, mirrored below, which seems to confirm the colours for the new Voyager Megatron, who now sports a Sharkticon deco.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours
Credit(s): Joe Paulin
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481935)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2013 @ 1:13pm CDT
He's looking a little blue in the face there. :lol:

I like it, but not enough for me to buy and replace my current Prime Megatron like I did ROTF Optimus.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481939)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 25th, 2013 @ 1:20pm CDT
Hey, is that the Predacon symbol I see on the right side of the vehicle? :shock:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481943)
Posted by Janus Prime on April 25th, 2013 @ 1:25pm CDT
Yeah, I like it. Is that a new decepticon symbol in it´s right wing? It looks different.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481946)
Posted by RAcast on April 25th, 2013 @ 1:34pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hey, is that the Predacon symbol I see on the right side of the vehicle? :shock:

Doesn't look like it. The top is too narrow for it to be from what I can see. It's definitely -something- different though.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481955)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:04pm CDT
So, sculpted like Depth Charge, colored like Dinobot?

I honestly think the cool colors of the test shots suited the mold better, but this is a much more interesting deco than I was expecting.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481958)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:06pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Hey, is that the Predacon symbol I see on the right side of the vehicle? :shock:

Doesn't look like it. The top is too narrow for it to be from what I can see. It's definitely -something- different though.


You know I'm talking about the Beast Hunters one, right?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481959)
Posted by bluecatcinema on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:09pm CDT
Not bad. The gun/sword accessory looks pretty good, and the overall color scheme seems to work for Megs.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481960)
Posted by CaptainMagic on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:16pm CDT
That's just so...HIDEOUS. I'm a little bit in love. Those colors bring so much out of this mold that really makes him look like the perfect sort villain to take on the all-new, all-heroic Optimus. It's a shame I won't be buying it, because it really pushes all the right buttons for me.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481963)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:20pm CDT
Image

An early draft of the Predacon insignia. Could that be our mystery symbol? ...Interesting, but I think it might be a goof that crept through to the stock-photo phase. I expect it'll be replaced with a Decepticon insignia on the version that actually hits shelves. (Or if not shelves, at least online retailers.)

Anyway, it's new, different, and vibrant. I think I like it. And the fish gun/sword amuses me.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481965)
Posted by RAcast on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:21pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Image

An early draft of the Predacon insidnia. Could that be our mystery symbol? ...Interesting, but I think it might be a goof that crept through to the stock-photo phase. I expect it'll be replaced with a Decepticon insignia on the version that actually hits shelves. (Or if not shelves, at least online retailers.)

Anyway, it's new, different, and vibrant. I think I like it. And the fish gun/sword amuses me.

Looks like the one to me.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481966)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:23pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Image

An early draft of the Predacon insidnia. Could that be our mystery symbol? ...Interesting, but I think it might be a goof that crept through to the stock-photo phase. I expect it'll be replaced with a Decepticon insignia on the version that actually hits shelves. (Or if not shelves, at least online retailers.)

Anyway, it's new, different, and vibrant. I think I like it. And the fish gun/sword amuses me.

Looks like the one to me.


Yay, I solved the mystery!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481967)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:26pm CDT
1. How are those Dinobot's colors Bumblevivisector? And don't tell me it's the blue face.

2. That's most likely not the prototype pred logo.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481974)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
Ehh... I like ugly transformers, but this is a bit much for me. I think I'll stick with my PRID Powerizers Megatron.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481980)
Posted by craggy on April 25th, 2013 @ 2:56pm CDT
if you count the Arms Micron releases, Megs is up there with Bee this series in terms of reuses. Except, I like them. The retooling is great here, and the colours are really nice and Sharkticon-esque. Don't think I'll pre-order but if it is on shelves in front of me I can see myself giving in to temptation. The weapon is awesome.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481994)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 25th, 2013 @ 3:30pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:So, sculpted like Depth Charge, colored like Dinobot?

I honestly think the cool colors of the test shots suited the mold better, but this is a much more interesting deco than I was expecting.


I don't know about that, the figure is clearly moulded and painted to homage the G1 sharkticons
Image

Plus im not sure where the "dinobot" coloring comes from, seeing as this figure is gray, blue, purple and green, and dinobot was various browns, blue and white for the bone details
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1481995)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on April 25th, 2013 @ 3:33pm CDT
I love absolutely all of this. Except the face....

I'm happy with it though! The Voyagers and Wheeljack are really hitting the spot for me.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482047)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 25th, 2013 @ 5:54pm CDT
GUPPY OF DOOM!!!!!!!!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482057)
Posted by Toralei_De_Nile on April 25th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
He looks a bit short, like his lower half isn't folded all the way down. It would've been nice if they just made a bigger mold, like the way they used the plastic to make Prime's BH form. I doubt we're going to see all the additions of BH line in the show, due to the minimal amount of episodes remaining.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482069)
Posted by Toralei_De_Nile on April 25th, 2013 @ 7:28pm CDT
I cannot help but think of Beast Wars Dinobot when I see that blue face.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482081)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 25th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CDT
You had me at Sharkticon.
:BOT:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482087)
Posted by RAcast on April 25th, 2013 @ 8:31pm CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:You had me at Sharkticon.
:BOT:

Did Gnaw jump ship? :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482090)
Posted by MrMunkeepants on April 25th, 2013 @ 8:54pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:the figure is clearly moulded and painted to homage the G1 sharkticons
Image

can someone with the mold try a fan-mode to make him stand like a Sharkticon, just to know if the remold will be able to do it?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482094)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2013 @ 9:01pm CDT
MrMunkeepants wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:the figure is clearly moulded and painted to homage the G1 sharkticons
Image

can someone with the mold try a fan-mode to make him stand like a Sharkticon, just to know if the remold will be able to do it?


If it's ever released, that is.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482096)
Posted by Megazarak on April 25th, 2013 @ 9:05pm CDT
Really liking this guy! I definitely wouldn't be opposed to him keeping his Predacon logo (actual one or the prototype one he's currently wearing).
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482098)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2013 @ 9:06pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
MrMunkeepants wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:the figure is clearly moulded and painted to homage the G1 sharkticons
Image

can someone with the mold try a fan-mode to make him stand like a Sharkticon, just to know if the remold will be able to do it?


If it's ever released, that is.
Who says it won't be?

He was asking if one could take the current Voyager Megatron and try it with that.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482101)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2013 @ 9:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
MrMunkeepants wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:the figure is clearly moulded and painted to homage the G1 sharkticons
Image

can someone with the mold try a fan-mode to make him stand like a Sharkticon, just to know if the remold will be able to do it?


If it's ever released, that is.
Who says it won't be?

He was asking if one could take the current Voyager Megatron and try it with that.


I know, but just throwing out there the possibility that he may be canceled, similarly to Generation 2 figures.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482110)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 25th, 2013 @ 9:14pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I know, but just throwing out there the possibility that he may be canceled, similarly to Generation 2 figures.
Why would he be canceled so early in the game? It's not like he one of those final wave figures that barely make it to markets.

And, Generation 2 had toys. Lots of them. Three-to-four years' worth.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482113)
Posted by RAcast on April 25th, 2013 @ 9:16pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
I know, but just throwing out there the possibility that he may be canceled, similarly to Generation 2 figures.

You're comparing Beast Hunters to G2? :lol: You can't logically compare two UTTERLY different things like that, my friend.

Edit: ninja'd
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482114)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2013 @ 9:17pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:And, Generation 2 had toys. Lots of them. Three-to-four years' worth.


Probably should have been more specific about that. I meant figures such as the Protectobots and {most} of the Stunticons.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482115)
Posted by RAcast on April 25th, 2013 @ 9:19pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And, Generation 2 had toys. Lots of them. Three-to-four years' worth.


Probably should have been more specific about that. I meant figures such as the Protectobots and {most} of the Stunticons.

His point still stands, I think. G2 had YEARS worth of toys, and BH Megatron isn't going to be some late-wave rarity.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482116)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 25th, 2013 @ 9:21pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And, Generation 2 had toys. Lots of them. Three-to-four years' worth.


Probably should have been more specific about that. I meant figures such as the Protectobots and {most} of the Stunticons.

His point still stands, I think. G2 had YEARS worth of toys, and BH Megatron isn't going to be some late-wave rarity.


Image
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482182)
Posted by redoutlander on April 26th, 2013 @ 4:02am CDT
I can seem the sharkticon but I think he has a stronger resemblance to skalor of the seaicans. I doubt that is what they were going for though.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482198)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 26th, 2013 @ 6:39am CDT
RAcast wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:You had me at Sharkticon.
:BOT:

Did Gnaw jump ship? :MAXIMAL:

I know the G1 figure is an Autobot but that's a technicality. Sharkticons are bad (dumb) dudes and I love them. :grin:
:BOT:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482226)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 26th, 2013 @ 9:28am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:You had me at Sharkticon.
:BOT:

Did Gnaw jump ship? :MAXIMAL:

I know the G1 figure is an Autobot but that's a technicality. Sharkticons are bad (dumb) dudes and I love them. :grin:
:BOT:
Gnaw's toy was a Decepticon.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482235)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 26th, 2013 @ 9:46am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:
RAcast wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:You had me at Sharkticon.
:BOT:

Did Gnaw jump ship? :MAXIMAL:

I know the G1 figure is an Autobot but that's a technicality. Sharkticons are bad (dumb) dudes and I love them. :grin:
:BOT:
Gnaw's toy was a Decepticon.


He was still Wheelie's amnesiac pet dog in the Dreamwave comics :lol: Out of all the Sharkticons in fiction, Gnaw is the sole individual, and was sold as such believe it or not.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482252)
Posted by Flux Convoy on April 26th, 2013 @ 10:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote: Gnaw's toy was a Decepticon.

Yup, brain fart. So no jumping ship for Gnaw. What were we talking about? :D
:BOT:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482261)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 26th, 2013 @ 11:21am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:It's not like he one of those final wave figures that barely make it to markets.


However, Sharkticon Megatron is logically the last voyager of Beast Hunters, as he's the 6th announced of the 6 voyagers to be announced. Unless they pull a surprise toy on us, I think Mindmaster's worry (or a more logical worry if not) is that he shares Skyquake's scarcity, who was also the last voyager of a Prime subline.

RAcast wrote:You're comparing Beast Hunters to G2? :lol: You can't logically compare two UTTERLY different things like that, my friend.


Longevity aside, Beast Hunters & G2 both took existing molds and characters from their preceding lines and gave them tweaked decos with new accessories or new molds entirely along with a handful of new characters/toys. While for G2 it was most common in the beginning of the line whereas for Beast Hunters it is the entirety of the line, you can still make the connection.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482301)
Posted by Superwheeljack on April 26th, 2013 @ 2:04pm CDT
[img]27360462d1366926759-sharkticon-megatron-official-pic-yhst-51568362379717_2259_822801707%20Prime%20Beast%20Hunters%20Sharkticon%20Megatron%20Official%20Image[/img]

Hasbro has realesed new images and they are clear images of BH megs. He looks pretty cool and has a ocean-sharkticon design
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482304)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 26th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482317)
Posted by El Duque on April 26th, 2013 @ 2:32pm CDT
Same image, just a better version.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482348)
Posted by CaptainMagic on April 26th, 2013 @ 4:22pm CDT
Okay, I figured out what I love so much about this figure paired with the new Optimus. It's what it says about Megs's whole philosophy.
See, it's like Optimus wanted more power so he went to the gym and bulked up and built a jetpack to punch Megs straight out of the sky.
Megatron's response is to seek out the Sharkticons, who he's heard are unstoppable killing machines. However, unlike previous Megatrons, who would have just captured a few and sent them after Prime, this one killed one, hollowed out its insides and made himself a big, sharky suit of armor because that's what you do when you're evil. Heck, he probably made that gun out of a baby Sharkticon just to really make Prime mad.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482359)
Posted by RAcast on April 26th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
CaptainMagic wrote:Okay, I figured out what I love so much about this figure paired with the new Optimus. It's what it says about Megs's whole philosophy.
See, it's like Optimus wanted more power so he went to the gym and bulked up and built a jetpack to punch Megs straight out of the sky.
Megatron's response is to seek out the Sharkticons, who he's heard are unstoppable killing machines. However, unlike previous Megatrons, who would have just captured a few and sent them after Prime, this one killed one, hollowed out its insides and made himself a big, sharky suit of armor because that's what you do when you're evil. Heck, he probably made that gun out of a baby Sharkticon just to really make Prime mad.

Heyy, I like the way this guy thinks! :grin:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482456)
Posted by Flashwave on April 26th, 2013 @ 11:37pm CDT
...i want a Sky-Byte repaint now...
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482472)
Posted by El Duque on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:19am CDT
While it's essentially the same image we posted earlier, we now have a better official image of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Megatron courtesy of site sponsor Kapow! Toys. Check him out in the image mirrored below, he can be pre-ordered at Kapow! Toys by clicking here.

Image
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482474)
Posted by jgilkinson on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:27am CDT
Im sorry... the combo the Piranacon gun/sword and the sharkticon paint apps... pending the final product this will be an instant buy for me. No its not Megs but its so freakin cool :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482475)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:32am CDT
Yeah, that facttion emblem is not a Decepticon one nor a Predacon one. Perhaps this signals a fourth faction, or a Decepticon subfaction, or even a redesigned Decepticon emblem?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482477)
Posted by Megazarak on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:38am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Yeah, that facttion emblem is not a Decepticon one nor a Predacon one. Perhaps this signals a fourth faction, or a Decepticon subfaction, or even a redesigned Decepticon emblem?


Well, here's what it is.

Nemesis Primal wrote:An early draft of the Predacon insignia. Could that be our mystery symbol? ...Interesting, but I think it might be a goof that crept through to the stock-photo phase. I expect it'll be replaced with a Decepticon insignia on the version that actually hits shelves. (Or if not shelves, at least online retailers.)

Anyway, it's new, different, and vibrant. I think I like it. And the fish gun/sword amuses me.


Whether or not it's meant to be anything else, who knows. Also though, it could just be a prototype. Lazerback also had this insignia in early pics of him.

Removed images for space, especially since info was off.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482479)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:50am CDT
Megazarak wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Image


But here's the problem: it looks nothing like that emblem, except maybe the lower part.

Image

Is it a prototype? Maybe, but something about this emblem just doesn't seem right.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482480)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:52am CDT
Mindmaster beat me on correcting Megazarak.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Megatron Final Colours (1482482)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 1:57am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Mindmaster beat me on correcting Megazarak.


Sorry. :oops:

Click here to view an additional 73 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...