Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song

Friday, May 17th, 2013 5:22PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 22,574

With just a short while before the new Transformers Prime Beast Hunters episode "Project Predacon" airs tonight, fans get a little something new. That something comes in the form of a new opening sequence featuring Predaking and a heavier mix of the Transformers Prime theme song. This news comes to us via Hitfix. Check out the new opening embedded below to get ready for all new Transformers Prime goodness. Do you like this opening better than the old one? Sound off and let everyone know in the Energon Pub.

Credit(s): Hitfix
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488102)
Posted by Superwheeljack on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:30pm CDT
FINNALY!
After two years, we get a new intro. It may just be a redesign of the original, but at least it looks different in ways
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488106)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:42pm CDT
And yet it is the Decepticons that gets their new members in the intro.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488108)
Posted by njb902 on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:51pm CDT
Meh the original was good enough. They should have taken the money they used to make this and used it for the actual show.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488111)
Posted by KnightStrike on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:00pm CDT
The updated video sequences are nice, but the music really ruins it for me. The original score felt epic and powerful, this feels more like a kid with a cheap keyboard made a "remix" for youtube.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488113)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:05pm CDT
This is awesome, but why aren't Smokescreen, Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus, or Knockout in it?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488115)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CDT
Kick....ass.

I would've hoped Smokescreen, Wheeljack, Knock Out, and/or Ultra Magnus were added, but at least it's a new opening.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488117)
Posted by VirusCarnage on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:15pm CDT
I don't know why but im in love with this intro, I think it's much better then the original, and at least we got some new music (Season 3 OST maybe?)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488119)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:17pm CDT
Music: The moment the Decepticons appear, it gets a lot better (slower part). Before that, it kinda sucks.

Video is still good, if not better coz of Shockwave and Predaking.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488120)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:18pm CDT
The animation unquestionably looks awesome. Can't say I care for the new theme.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488123)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 17th, 2013 @ 6:50pm CDT
The new music sucks. Sounds like some kid's mixed the original with some tripe he concocted on his computer.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488132)
Posted by XDMan on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:10pm CDT
This new intro looks very cool, even if it's just edited, lacks Ultra Magnus, Smokescreen, Knock Out and Wheeljack.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488153)
Posted by Seibertron on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:31pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488154)
Posted by Seibertron on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:32pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:That's nice. DirecTV or the Hub or someone screwed up the time slot or the something. My DVR recorded Predacon Rising but it's the previous episode instead even though it says Predacon Rising. Urgh.

Ooops. I meant Project Predacon.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488160)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:46pm CDT

It's okay, boss. This episode isn't very exciting anyway.

Pretty much all that happens is the Autobots figure out that there were once Predacons sent to Earth by Megatron during the early days of the war (seems to retcon Fall of Cybertron), and now their primary objective is to find as many of their fossilized remains as they can before Shockwave can clone them. They also show off everyone's new vehicle modes (Smokescreen, Optimus, and Ultra Magnus, to be precise).
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488174)
Posted by MenaceRX on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:09pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488175)
Posted by VirusCarnage on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:14pm CDT
MenaceRX wrote:Pissed. Thanks Direct TV for screwing up the TV listings and recordings. Re-run instead of the new episode and they are not re-airing it over the weekend. This is bull. Think I will be getting rid of Direct TV soon, this is the latest in a bunch of mistakes with their program listings for me and I am about fed up with it.

You can view the episode Here
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488176)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:14pm CDT

Calm down, bud. I'm sure some wizard on YouTube will have it uploaded within a day. That's how I watched the first one-and-a-half seasons of Prime before I discovered I actually had the Hub channel.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488180)
Posted by MenaceRX on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:17pm CDT
Its just irritating to wait to watch something only to find not only was it a re-run but they wont be airing what they were suppose to in the first place later. And thank you for the link. Much appreciation.

This isnt the first time Direct TV has done this to me, several of my shows as of late I set to DVR have either come up short because of a program listing change that they do after the fact or mis-advertisement of a time and listing. Just reaching my limit of the crap from them I will put up with.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488214)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:55pm CDT
Awesome new intro is awesome.

Also, for those mad about missing the episode, YouTube to the rescue:

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488215)
Posted by VirusCarnage on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Awesome new intro is awesome.

Also, for those mad about missing the episode, YouTube to the rescue:

Wow that's quick normally the episodes aren't up until the day after, and this one is in HD aswell.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488262)
Posted by Cybertronus on May 18th, 2013 @ 6:29am CDT
You can also see it on animeflavor.com

Here is the link for the new episode and all of the previous ones since season one: http://www.animeflavor.com/node/28671
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488304)
Posted by SaTaN CoNvOy on May 18th, 2013 @ 10:42am CDT

slow down there bub, hell i got brighthouse/time warner and it was the the same for me, two listings of the same episode.(project predacon) thankfully time and youtube are on ure side.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488311)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on May 18th, 2013 @ 10:59am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

My 17" computer screen, or 40" flat screen from the comfort of my bed...

Ya, i can view it on my computer. If i was away on business in a hotel then you do what you have to do. But after a long day at work I was looking forward to coming home, cleaning up and plotting my black ass on my bed and watching the newest episode of Beast Hunters after a 6+ week hiatus. So yes, I was a bit ticked off when I too found that it didn't record. Its not the end of the world, just disappointing.

That said, i did what i had to do and watched it on you tube. Digging Optimus new alt mode, but disappointed that Ultra Magnus it basically Prime's old alt mode just blue. Oh well. Overall this season looks promising.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488347)
Posted by VirusCarnage on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

My 17" computer screen, or 40" flat screen from the comfort of my bed...

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488352)
Posted by Seibertron on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:26pm CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

My 17" computer screen, or 40" flat screen from the comfort of my bed...

I was just irked to see that they stripped Magnus in the cartoon of his smokestacks as well. At least someone had the decency to say "hey, let's make this match the toy as much as possible". Unfortunately, I had a spare PRID Optimus that I had just stripped of his smokestacks to give to my new Ultra Magnus. Well, at least he looks like he does on the box now. :D
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488353)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:27pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:If you have a PS3 or Xbox 360 you could download the YouTube app and watch on their as well

I have the YouTube app on my Xbox...

...this changes everything. 8)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters New Opening Segment Features a Heavier Version of the Theme Song (1488424)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 18th, 2013 @ 6:53pm CDT
As long as we're comparing service provider notes, I have WOW, and it oddly listed BOTH episodes as THE new episode, same name and everything, and recorded them both! Maybe I have it set to record every ep and not just new ones, I can't check right now.

Yeah, sort of a cheap remix of the theme music, but more than offset by the shock of all that new, overdue animation. It was more about moving the pieces into place and setting up the new status quo than telling a tight story, but I like that, since it does justice to how freaking awesome the previous episode was!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus