Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK

Thursday, July 11th, 2013 11:11AM CDT

Categories: Sightings, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,617

Thanks to our friend Shenanigans and his friend Bryan we can report that the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Exclusives have been released in the UK! These photos were taken at a Tesco in West Bromwich, England. This sub-line consists of various repaints from the previous Beast Hunters line.

The Constructbot Elites Wheeljack and Soundwave were also sighted.

Credit(s): Shenanigans and Bryan
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502415)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 11th, 2013 @ 11:16am CDT
Dammit, UK! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502419)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 11th, 2013 @ 11:29am CDT
curse thee Shennanigans! You beat me to it 8-} I was there a few hours ago and got Abominus and the Smokescreen/cindersaur 2 pack, I was gonna share the news :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502423)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 11th, 2013 @ 11:35am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502425)
Posted by leokearon on July 11th, 2013 @ 11:40am CDT
I hope these come to Ireland soon, they would be great for my Birthday
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502429)
Posted by RiddlerJ on July 11th, 2013 @ 11:46am CDT
Why are the names all mixed up on the Abominus box?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502431)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 11th, 2013 @ 11:47am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Speaking of Abominus, doesn't he come with a DVD? I could've sworn that the multipack came with one.

Sadly not. The box is big enough to have fit one in though, deceptively big :-( Without some scrutiny a lot of parents may well think this is more worth its £25 price tag than it actually is.
Still, he is cooler than I thought he was now I see him in person.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502432)
Posted by triKlops on July 11th, 2013 @ 11:50am CDT
The Abominus looks great and Sky Lynx better than I thought.
Really feeling the packaging design as well on these.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502434)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 11th, 2013 @ 11:51am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Why are the names all mixed up on the Abominus box?

Only Twinstrike and Rippersnapper have their names switched.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502436)
Posted by Shenanigans on July 11th, 2013 @ 11:59am CDT
Due credit goes to my good buddy Bryan who sent in pictures with his phone from the scene! I was merely the messenger who he asked to mirror the photos and send news to all the sites.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502437)
Posted by Spleenzorio on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:00pm CDT
So are we gunna get the Abominus set before each individual figure is released or what :(
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502440)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:05pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Why are the names all mixed up on the Abominus box?

Only Twinstrike and Rippersnapper have their names switched.

It looks to me that the are referring to:

Rippersnapper as Windrazor
Windrazor as Hun-Gurrr
Hun-Gurr as Twinstrike
Twinstrike as Rippersnapper

Blight looks to be the only one correct or am I looking at it wrong.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502447)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:18pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RiddlerJ wrote:Why are the names all mixed up on the Abominus box?

Only Twinstrike and Rippersnapper have their names switched.

It looks to me that the are referring to:

Rippersnapper as Windrazor
Windrazor as Hun-Gurrr
Hun-Gurr as Twinstrike
Twinstrike as Rippersnapper

Blight looks to be the only one correct or am I looking at it wrong.

Name positioning, Hasbro, name positioning! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502462)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:50pm CDT
WHY did they swap the names of the Terrorcons on the packaging?! WHY?!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502463)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:55pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Dammit, UK! :BANG_HEAD:

Hit me with a list in the usual fashion and I'll keep my eyes peeled for you, we do our grocery shopping in Tesco anyway!

Interesting that these are in Euro packaging and no sign of Cryo-Predaking?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502464)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 11th, 2013 @ 12:58pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:WHY did they swap the names of the Terrorcons on the packaging?! WHY?!

Incompetence and general ignorance of the products they sell?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502470)
Posted by ketchupbot on July 11th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CDT
I'm glad I washed my hands before taking these photos haha!

Darksteel or Red-Grape as I'm now going to call him (receipt just said voyager with red grape right underneath it), is pretty sweet. I love the blue and orange colour scheme. The robot head looks a little sloppy though, paint-wise.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502505)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 11th, 2013 @ 3:41pm CDT
ketchupbot wrote:I'm glad I washed my hands before taking these photos haha!

Irony at its finest :lol: Grimwing's Japanese repaint is called Budora, which can be translated as "battle dragon" or "grape dragon".
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502512)
Posted by ketchupbot on July 11th, 2013 @ 3:57pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ketchupbot wrote:I'm glad I washed my hands before taking these photos haha!

HAHAHA OH DEAR :lol: ! Here's the evidence Image
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502605)
Posted by craggy on July 12th, 2013 @ 3:19am CDT

Oh, and btw, extra large box or no, I think Abominus is worth £25. It's 5 cyberverse for a fiver each, which is about right, plus no hunting to complete the set.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502622)
Posted by ketchupbot on July 12th, 2013 @ 6:15am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502623)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 12th, 2013 @ 6:25am CDT
ketchupbot wrote:I think the 2 packs were £10 if I remember correctly? The machine wars deco on prime looks nice in his with scourge.

Optimus actually bares more resemblance to G1 Thunder Clash, who was repainted into, you guessed it, MW Optimus Prime:

So basically the prices are:

Legion 2-pack: £10?
Commander 2-pack: £15
Abominus: £25

Deluxe: £13
Voyager: £20

Makes me scared for the mainland EU prices...
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502628)
Posted by ketchupbot on July 12th, 2013 @ 6:57am CDT
HAHAH sorry I didn't mean machine wars, where the hell did I get that from? I'm not usually that sloppy when it comes to info.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502648)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 12th, 2013 @ 8:38am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:

Incompetence and general ignorance of the products they sell?

Pretty much! lol
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502670)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 12th, 2013 @ 10:32am CDT
craggy wrote:Didn't have them at my local Tesco last night but I'm still hopeful. How much are the Legion 2 packs?

The math is right, but is it too much for me to say I don't think a legion figure is worth a fiver? ;) maybe £3? :P (plus, isn't it customary to sell a set or bulk amount for slightly less than the individual purchases, thus hoodwinking people into actually buying and spending more in lew of it 'adding into a saving?')

Admittedly, these 5 are pretty good for legions, a surprising amount of moving bits and pieces with clever transformations, but people shop with their eyes, not their calculators. Collectors like you or me don't mind, because we have added appreciation for what we are getting.
But Hasbro constantly blows the 'we sell toys for kids' whistle. Meaning, they actually need to sell these products to parents.
Sure, on the shelf it looks like an impressive set, but one look inside the box and...ouch! This, I'm fairly certain may be the reaction of many parents. Sure it's a subliminal thing, but it seems...evidently sneaky. They should have filled the box by packing them as individuals and blazed 'Build Giant ROBOT' on the box. That is selling the asking price :lol:

Take dark steel, on the other hand. He looks well worth the £20 (I'm still wishing I'd grabbed him as well, but I already was spending £35!

Don't mean to be a downer, of course. It was exciting to see them all on the shelves. West Brom hasn't had a good toy store in years, so to able to find the latest line on the shelves and make a choice was awesome. And I'm still playing with Abominus :D
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502672)
Posted by ketchupbot on July 12th, 2013 @ 10:39am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502676)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 12th, 2013 @ 11:02am CDT

I can't believe Hasbro would send out solid-packed cases...Given the shelfwarming issues seen at the start of PRID.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502677)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 12th, 2013 @ 11:05am CDT
ketchupbot wrote:Wait, so do you live in west bromwich then Hinomars? If so I live near carters green. Small world.

Yup. I'm about 20-30 mins walk from Carter's Green. But my Dad is in Baker street which is much closer to you :D
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502681)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 12th, 2013 @ 11:10am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Could one of guys who has seen these confirm there was no Cryo-Predaking and no Nova(?) B'Bee?

From what I saw Darksteel was the only voyager, although I didn't rifle through the shelf so I suppose he could have been at the back?. The deluxes were a little high up for me...(yes I'm kinda short :shock: ) but all I saw was Soundwave, Sky Lynx and one lazerback :)

Cyberverse was the Smokescreen/ cindersaur 2 pack, the prime/ predaking 2 pack and Abominus.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502683)
Posted by ketchupbot on July 12th, 2013 @ 11:14am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:

I rifled through the lot and that's all they had. Although there are some unopened packages on the top shelf so if they are, they could be in them, i'll check back soon.

Hahah no way Hinomars! I live on turner street, approx 2 streets away from your dad.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502684)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 12th, 2013 @ 11:19am CDT
Cheers chaps.

I was always under the impression that store exclusives came as one assortment. I was expecting these to be packed similarly to the Dark Energon stuff, unless the UK isn't getting the full range?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502686)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 12th, 2013 @ 11:28am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Cheers chaps.

I'm guessing one half is sent out first, with the other half coming later.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502738)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on July 12th, 2013 @ 3:54pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502739)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 12th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Look like you were right, according to the story on the front page Darksteel is solid packed at 4 per case. That's going to bite when they get a case of 8 Bumblebees....!

Don't even say it... :shock:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502742)
Posted by Crankcase79 on July 12th, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502790)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 12th, 2013 @ 8:14pm CDT
ketchupbot wrote:

Turner street! Man I used to do that walk everyday to high school back in the 90's. Used to live about 5 mins away from Turner back then, but I'm probably about 15 mins away now.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1502791)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 12th, 2013 @ 8:15pm CDT
Crankcase79 wrote:Has anybody got a product number or reference for Darksteel? If I can get one I might be able to get tesco to deliver him to my local tesco.

I won't be back in there until Monday :-( , hopefully somebody can help you out sooner
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising and Constructbots Elites Released in the UK (1507446)
Posted by leokearon on July 29th, 2013 @ 6:05am CDT
They are starting to turn up in Ireland now, saw Abominus, Skylinx and the Cinderaur set in Tesco Tramore
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys