Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives

Tuesday, October 8th, 2013 4:48PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,051

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising released today on both DVD and Blu-ray, and our friends at Shout! Factory dropped by to let us know that copies purchased at Wal-Mart and Target will have exclusive content. The Wal-Mart copies will come with three trading cards and a special behind the scenes feature. Target copies will feature exclusive audio commentary and three animated Beast Bite shorts. Be sure to pick up a copy today to your favorite retailer.

WALMART STORES:
Only at Walmart
TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS PREDACONS RISING DVD
  • Includes 3 Collectible Trading Cards Inside!
  • Bonus Feature – A Look Behind The Scenes

TARGET STORES:
Only At Target
TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS PREDACONS RISING DVD
Includes Exclusive Bonus Features:

• Exclusive Audio Commentary
  • 3 Exclusive Animated “Beast Bites” Shorts

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Blu-ray, DVD and On-Air Discussion

Credit(s): Shout! Factory
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522607)
Posted by Bouncy X on October 8th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
different extras only available at certain locations?

...and the Star Trek Into Darkness effect officially becomes a trend...sad.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522612)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 8th, 2013 @ 5:04pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:different extras only available at certain locations?

...and the Star Trek Into Darkness effect officially becomes a trend...sad.

And I have now lost any and all interest in getting this because I'd feel like I was missing out on something.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522633)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 8th, 2013 @ 6:51pm CDT

Anyway, I'm thinking the collectable cards are better. Those snippets (Beast bites) are available online (and aren't very good), and the extras usually disappoint me.

Then again, I shudder to think of how badly the cards might have been done... :SICK:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522635)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 8th, 2013 @ 7:15pm CDT
I picked up my copy at Target, not knowing it was sold anywhere else... I guess I figured that the movie, like the toyline, would be a store exclusive.

Oddly enough, the "Predacons Rising" endcap had been taken down, and the toys were back in their usual section. The movie was in the regular Audio/Video/Game department.

Also, there was a coupon attached to the front that gave $5 off any Transformers toy purchase. I used it to pick up Darksteel, since I didn't have him.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522636)
Posted by Bounti76 on October 8th, 2013 @ 7:15pm CDT
Double post.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522640)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 8th, 2013 @ 7:27pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:I wonder if this will ever be included in some sort of ULTIMATE BOX SET!!!! :michaelbay: I guess they don't usually include the movie tie-in, but it'd be nice to have one slim set, rather than 4 different sets of DVDs. :BANG_HEAD:

So if I buy all the seasons I'll have to buy those individual discs that have the season premieres/finales separate?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522651)
Posted by Emerje on October 8th, 2013 @ 8:17pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:different extras only available at certain locations?

...and the Star Trek Into Darkness effect officially becomes a trend...sad.

Aren't they just imitating the same BS they pull with the hundreds of live action Transformers movie exclusives on a smaller scale?

Emerje
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522657)
Posted by VirusCarnage on October 8th, 2013 @ 8:46pm CDT
Has anyone seen this at Canadian retail by chance?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522658)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 8th, 2013 @ 9:22pm CDT
Aw, great. This is Movie 1 all over again. The Behind the Scenes feature and the Audio Commentary feature both appeal to me. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522684)
Posted by megatronus on October 8th, 2013 @ 11:46pm CDT
Wonder when it'll show up on Netflix... :-?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522692)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 9th, 2013 @ 1:50am CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522715)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2013 @ 7:18am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Let me ask the important question, any new footage from the actual movie that wasn't shown on tv?
Nope.

The movie was leaked online ahead of its TV premiere, so those of us who saw both saw that the Hub just showed what all was in the commercial-free version.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522760)
Posted by Rated X on October 9th, 2013 @ 12:09pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522769)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2013 @ 12:34pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Lol I found it online last night. I hope it's good. Im still trying to watch the Transformers Go episodes which arent that good. Hopefully this is better.
If you're looking to watch Go!, I can help you with that. :)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522777)
Posted by Rated X on October 9th, 2013 @ 1:18pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
If you're looking to watch Go!, I can help you with that. :)

Well I have the MP4 downloads of Go! with english sub-titles. Are there any versions available with English audio yet ?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522778)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2013 @ 1:20pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
If you're looking to watch Go!, I can help you with that. :)

No, but I can direct you to English subtitled episodes in HD. ;)

As well as an information hub to explain what this show's deal is and such. :-B
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522784)
Posted by Rated X on October 9th, 2013 @ 2:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
If you're looking to watch Go!, I can help you with that. :)

No, but I can direct you to English subtitled episodes in HD. ;)

As well as an information hub to explain what this show's deal is and such. :-B

Cool. Is it a link or a download ?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522785)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2013 @ 2:15pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Cool. Is it a link or a download ?
This thread.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522822)
Posted by triKlops on October 9th, 2013 @ 4:32pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Cool. Is it a link or a download ?
This thread.

@Rated X, highly recommended
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1522928)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 9th, 2013 @ 11:16pm CDT
triKlops wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Rated X wrote:Cool. Is it a link or a download ?
This thread.

@Rated X, highly recommended
Note to self: Must update glossary with more terms.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1523020)
Posted by Bleak5170 on October 10th, 2013 @ 12:57pm CDT
viruscarnage wrote:Has anyone seen this at Canadian retail by chance?

Around here Target has the DVD version. I haven't seen it on Blu-ray or DVD in any other store. Maybe it's delayed in Canada like season 2 was?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1523060)
Posted by VirusCarnage on October 10th, 2013 @ 3:20pm CDT
Bleak5170 wrote:
viruscarnage wrote:Has anyone seen this at Canadian retail by chance?

Maybe, I got the DVD on Amazon.ca, because the Blu Ray got pushed back until October 22nd for some reason, at least in Canada it has.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1523828)
Posted by El Duque on October 14th, 2013 @ 5:33pm CDT
Our friends at Shout! Factory dropped by with an official image of the three collectors' cards that come packed in the Wal-Mart exclusive version of the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising DVD. The characters featured are Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Megatron. Remember these cards are only available with copies purchased at Wal-Mart. Check them and the official press release out below.

WALMART STORES:
Only at Walmart
TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS PREDACONS RISING DVD
Includes 3 Collectible Trading Cards Inside!
Bonus Feature – A Look Behind The Scenes

News Flash

GET READY TO RUMBLE WITH THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED
FEATURE-LENGTH EPILOGUE TO THE SERIES PHENOMENON, TRANSFORMERS PRIME

TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS – PREDACONS RISING
A Special Original CG Animated Action Adventure Produced by Hasbro Studios

ONLY AT WALMART
SPECIAL DVD INCLUDES 3 COLLECTIBLE TRADING CARDS INSIDE!
& BONUS FEATURE - A LOOK BEHIND THE SCENES OF PREDACONS RISING

NOW ON DVD AT WALMART STORES NATIONWIDE
FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

The eagerly anticipated conclusion of Hasbro Studios’ Emmy® Award-winning series finally unleashed in a special TRANSFORMERS PRIME original feature presentation for home entertainment. Kids, families and loyal fans are invited to further venture into the awe-inspiring world of TRANSFORMERS PRIME with TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS – PREDACONS RISING now on DVD. Only at Walmart stores nationwide, TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS – PREDACONS RISING DVD includes 3 collectible trading cards inside and special bonus feature A Look Behind The Scenes.

Brimming with spectacular CG animation, a captivating storyline and unforgettable characters from the TRANSFORMERS PRIME lore, this epilogue to the final season delivers entertaining cinematic adventure the whole family will enjoy. Wrapping up the series that chronicled the epic battle between the DECEPTICONS and the AUTOBOTS, this special DVD edition is an essential home entertainment collection for TRANSFORMERS fans of all ages.

TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS – PREDACONS RISING Synopsis:
A resurrected UNICRON has taken over the now-lifeless body of MEGATRON to seek vengeance on the AUTOBOTS and ultimately, the destruction of Cybertron. This formidable enemy forces an unlikely alliance between the AUTOBOTS, DECEPTICONS, PREDAKING and two new PREDACONS, who come together in an epic battle to help protect their newly restored planet.
Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Josh Keaton, Jeffrey Combs, Kevin Michael Richardson, Steve Blum, Will Friedle and Sumalee Montano lend their voices to this hit series produced by Hasbro Studios. Spearheading the creative efforts on TRANSFORMERS PRIME are executive producers Jeff Kline, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Duane Capizzi and Stephen Davis. The TRANSFORMERS PRIME series is currently airing on the Hub TV Network in the U.S. and on Teletoon in Canada.

Please visit http://www.predaconsrisingmovie.com/

# # #
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1523831)
Posted by XDMan on October 14th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CDT

And compare it to this:

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1523956)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 15th, 2013 @ 9:48am CDT
I thought the cards would be hand-drawn, like comic-book style. :-? These CG renders are frankly... disappointing. Plus, they feature 3 of my least favorite characters in Prime:
A) Grandpa Optimus - "Now go to bed early Autobots and fight evil!"
C) Megatron - "I AM EVIL AND SCREAM A LOT BUT DON'T REALLY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY ARMY OR MISSIONS! I'M LIKE YOUR ABUSIVE DAD WHO SHOWS UP JUST TO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE CRAP WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG! AND I BEAT YOU! WOO!"

:SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1523959)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 15th, 2013 @ 9:57am CDT
So, what's the appeal in these again? :roll:

Metrosuplex wrote:B) Bumblebee - "I'm cool and I talk now and there are a billion of me on shelves! SCRAP!"

You're late...
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1523968)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 15th, 2013 @ 10:15am CDT
XDMan wrote:I wish we would get that design of Optimus in promotional images. Nothing against the boxart, but I wish that head he has would either have a mouthplate, a more show accurate head, or an older face. I mean, look at that:

And compare it to this:

Dude, your sig is too large, choose one pic and loose the rest, it's in the rules.

How are these collector cards? You can only get them in this set, and there won't be more to complete the set so what's the point or appeal to these?
If they where exclusive artwork or special variants of blind packed trading cards I would see the need to call them collector's cards.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1524046)
Posted by Rated X on October 15th, 2013 @ 3:58pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1524052)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 15th, 2013 @ 4:16pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I wasnt too impressed with Predacons Rising. Although we finally did get get some new Predacons (a big 2 lol) What was the point of using Target repaints in the movie ? And why no Lazerback and Ripclaw ?
To promote the Predacons Rising toys with the Predacons Rising movie?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1536814)
Posted by Skywarp64 on December 21st, 2013 @ 12:56pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Image

Is this coming soon or already on shelves? If he is already on shelves, where can I find him? I REALLY want this one.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising hits store shelves today - Wal-Mart and Target Exclusives (1536872)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2013 @ 9:00pm CST
Dunno. Haven't seen it in stores yet, myself.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip