Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD Trading Cards

Monday, October 14th, 2013 5:47PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,619

Our friends at Shout! Factory dropped by with an official image of the three collectors' cards that come packed in the Wal-Mart exclusive version of the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising DVD. The characters featured are Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Megatron. Remember these cards are only available with copies purchased at Wal-Mart. Check them and the official press release out below.

WALMART STORES:
Only at Walmart
TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS PREDACONS RISING DVD
Includes 3 Collectible Trading Cards Inside!
Bonus Feature – A Look Behind The Scenes

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclsuve DVD Trading Cards

News Flash

GET READY TO RUMBLE WITH THE HIGHLY ANTICIPATED
FEATURE-LENGTH EPILOGUE TO THE SERIES PHENOMENON, TRANSFORMERS PRIME

TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS – PREDACONS RISING
A Special Original CG Animated Action Adventure Produced by Hasbro Studios

ONLY AT WALMART
SPECIAL DVD INCLUDES 3 COLLECTIBLE TRADING CARDS INSIDE!
& BONUS FEATURE - A LOOK BEHIND THE SCENES OF PREDACONS RISING

NOW ON DVD AT WALMART STORES NATIONWIDE
FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

The eagerly anticipated conclusion of Hasbro Studios’ Emmy® Award-winning series finally unleashed in a special TRANSFORMERS PRIME original feature presentation for home entertainment. Kids, families and loyal fans are invited to further venture into the awe-inspiring world of TRANSFORMERS PRIME with TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS – PREDACONS RISING now on DVD. Only at Walmart stores nationwide, TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS – PREDACONS RISING DVD includes 3 collectible trading cards inside and special bonus feature A Look Behind The Scenes.

Brimming with spectacular CG animation, a captivating storyline and unforgettable characters from the TRANSFORMERS PRIME lore, this epilogue to the final season delivers entertaining cinematic adventure the whole family will enjoy. Wrapping up the series that chronicled the epic battle between the DECEPTICONS and the AUTOBOTS, this special DVD edition is an essential home entertainment collection for TRANSFORMERS fans of all ages.

TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS – PREDACONS RISING Synopsis:
A resurrected UNICRON has taken over the now-lifeless body of MEGATRON to seek vengeance on the AUTOBOTS and ultimately, the destruction of Cybertron. This formidable enemy forces an unlikely alliance between the AUTOBOTS, DECEPTICONS, PREDAKING and two new PREDACONS, who come together in an epic battle to help protect their newly restored planet.
Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Josh Keaton, Jeffrey Combs, Kevin Michael Richardson, Steve Blum, Will Friedle and Sumalee Montano lend their voices to this hit series produced by Hasbro Studios. Spearheading the creative efforts on TRANSFORMERS PRIME are executive producers Jeff Kline, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Duane Capizzi and Stephen Davis. The TRANSFORMERS PRIME series is currently airing on the Hub TV Network in the U.S. and on Teletoon in Canada.

Please visit http://www.predaconsrisingmovie.com/

# # #
Credit(s): Shout! Factory
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD Trading Cards (1523831)
Posted by XDMan on October 14th, 2013 @ 6:33pm CDT

And compare it to this:

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD Trading Cards (1523956)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 15th, 2013 @ 9:48am CDT
I thought the cards would be hand-drawn, like comic-book style. :-? These CG renders are frankly... disappointing. Plus, they feature 3 of my least favorite characters in Prime:
A) Grandpa Optimus - "Now go to bed early Autobots and fight evil!"
C) Megatron - "I AM EVIL AND SCREAM A LOT BUT DON'T REALLY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY ARMY OR MISSIONS! I'M LIKE YOUR ABUSIVE DAD WHO SHOWS UP JUST TO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE CRAP WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG! AND I BEAT YOU! WOO!"

:SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD Trading Cards (1523959)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 15th, 2013 @ 9:57am CDT
So, what's the appeal in these again? :roll:

Metrosuplex wrote:B) Bumblebee - "I'm cool and I talk now and there are a billion of me on shelves! SCRAP!"

You're late...
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD Trading Cards (1523968)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 15th, 2013 @ 10:15am CDT
XDMan wrote:I wish we would get that design of Optimus in promotional images. Nothing against the boxart, but I wish that head he has would either have a mouthplate, a more show accurate head, or an older face. I mean, look at that:

And compare it to this:

Dude, your sig is too large, choose one pic and loose the rest, it's in the rules.

How are these collector cards? You can only get them in this set, and there won't be more to complete the set so what's the point or appeal to these?
If they where exclusive artwork or special variants of blind packed trading cards I would see the need to call them collector's cards.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD Trading Cards (1524046)
Posted by Rated X on October 15th, 2013 @ 3:58pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD Trading Cards (1524052)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 15th, 2013 @ 4:16pm CDT
Rated X wrote:I wasnt too impressed with Predacons Rising. Although we finally did get get some new Predacons (a big 2 lol) What was the point of using Target repaints in the movie ? And why no Lazerback and Ripclaw ?
To promote the Predacons Rising toys with the Predacons Rising movie?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD Trading Cards (1536814)
Posted by Skywarp64 on December 21st, 2013 @ 12:56pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Image

Is this coming soon or already on shelves? If he is already on shelves, where can I find him? I REALLY want this one.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising Wal-Mart Exclusive DVD Trading Cards (1536872)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2013 @ 9:00pm CST
Dunno. Haven't seen it in stores yet, myself.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus