Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images

Friday, May 17th, 2013 8:24AM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,421

After a brief hiatus Transformers Prime Beast Hunters returns to The Hub this at 7:30 PM ET with a brand episode, "Project Pedacon". Buzz Focus and the Transformers facebook page have posted a trio of additional promotional still from tonight's new episode, which we've mirrored below. Be sure to tune in!

In this episode, Megatron hatches a plan to clone an army of Predacons.

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Project Predacon Promo
In this still, we see a farm of cloning tubes, containing an assorted variety of transforming beasts to battle the Autobots.

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Project Predacon Promo
Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters is back! In a new episode tomorrow night at 7:30 pm ET on The Hub Network, the Autobots adjust to new group dynamics within their expanded lineup, while the Decepticons launch a new scheme to clone an army of beasts.

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Project Predacon Promo
Credit(s): Buzz Focus, Transformers facebook page
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488103)
Posted by kriksix on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:31pm CDT
this looks excellent.. can't wait!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488198)
Posted by Seibertron on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:12pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488204)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:24pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Did I mishear something or did Fowler tell Optimus that green truck was from their M.A.S.K. division? If I heard that correctly, that's an awesome nod to another great 80s franchise.
You heard right, Ryan. I never watched M.A.S.K. and I still geeked out at hearing that. 8)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488207)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:33pm CDT
This season just hasn't wowed me thus far. Thankfully, the toys are good.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488216)
Posted by Seibertron on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I geeked out at that and hearing Miko ask about the Dinobots. I think that's their first official mention in the cartoon.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488220)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:15am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Oh yeah! And it sounds like she was told about them before, with Bulkhead also noting how they're "Totally different."

They also went to the trouble giving a good explanation of why Magnus seems to hate the Wrecker despite other fiction in this continuity establishing him as having been their leader.

I love these little continuity nods the cartoon gives to the games, novels, and tie-in comics (specifically, the FOC comics, "Rage of the Dinobots", and potentially the Beast Hunters comics). 8)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488356)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:37pm CDT
New named-character in this episode:

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488357)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 12:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:New named-character in this episode:

Apparently, it's this guy.

It appears to be Hardshell's replacement as the Insecticon boss.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488465)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 18th, 2013 @ 10:40pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Project Predacon" Airs Tonight, Two New Promo Images (1488466)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 18th, 2013 @ 10:42pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:You'd think they'd call him simply "Insecticon", unless he's going to be a recurring bug-bot. Kinda amusing 'Bombshell' in a way split into two new names.

They probably did that to protect the "Bombshock" trademark.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction