Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo

Friday, April 5th, 2013 11:23PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,594

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Toonzone has posted the first promo for next week's all new episode of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters, "Rebellion". We also have a YouTube version of the clip courtesy of TFPSeason2Upload , which we've embedded below. Be sure to tune into the Hub next Friday at 7:30 PM ET.

We also have an extended synopsis for this episode from the AT&T Uverse Program Guide:

The Decepticons are in for the fight of their lives when their long-standing fortress comes under the unexpected attack of the vengeful Autobots, who are being led to an anticipated victory by a new and courageous member of Team Prime.


Credit(s): Toonzone, TFPSeason2Upload, AT&T
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476649)
Posted by Mirage22 on April 6th, 2013 @ 1:28am CDT
Wow. I know that we all knew Prime would kick the bucket but I'm surprised they used the classic "eyes go dark" shot already in the promo. Well, I'm excited no matter what! This season is shaping up to be pretty dang epic! But I'm still confused on one thing. I'm not sure if this has been said somewhere or that's it's obvious to everyone but me and I'm just outta the loo, but are we going to get the rest of the Predacons in the show? I know we got a few CGI renders in desktop wallpaper form, but are we gonna see them in this last season or where they just created for the toyline?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476674)
Posted by Eagleblaster on April 6th, 2013 @ 5:06am CDT
Nicccceee, it looks like Smokescreen is becoming the man. Who would have guess that.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476676)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 6th, 2013 @ 5:23am CDT
Oh just die already you weak autobots. Shockwave AND Megatron AND Soundwave AND Starscream plus a ton of insecticons against a bunch of baseless, leaderless autobots... For once, I would like a realistic end in which the obviously superior force dominates without some pansy, lucky chance, perfectly-setup win. Add the fact that theres "Predaking", come on... an autobot win would be simply for the sake of a happy ending. Arg, damn toons for kids, ignoring the subject matter of which they set up in the first place.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476703)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on April 6th, 2013 @ 9:21am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Oh just die already you weak autobots. Shockwave AND Megatron AND Soundwave AND Starscream plus a ton of insecticons against a bunch of baseless, leaderless autobots... For once, I would like a realistic end in which the obviously superior force dominates without some pansy, lucky chance, perfectly-setup win. Add the fact that theres "Predaking", come on... an autobot win would be simply for the sake of a happy ending. Arg, damn toons for kids, ignoring the subject matter of which they set up in the first place.


Well, that being the case, you would probably love the Japanese G1 followups as well as the two Japanese Beast Wars series then. I understand that the heroes frequently get killed off at the end of these. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476714)
Posted by _Anshin_ on April 6th, 2013 @ 10:13am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Oh just die already you weak autobots. Shockwave AND Megatron AND Soundwave AND Starscream plus a ton of insecticons against a bunch of baseless, leaderless autobots... For once, I would like a realistic end in which the obviously superior force dominates without some pansy, lucky chance, perfectly-setup win. Add the fact that theres "Predaking", come on... an autobot win would be simply for the sake of a happy ending. Arg, damn toons for kids, ignoring the subject matter of which they set up in the first place.

Should point out that smaller forces sometimes defeat the larger forces. Rorke's Drift for example where a smaller (150) force defeated a larger (4000-5000) force.

Should also point out that Starscream is horribly weak in this cartoon, having been defeated by just about everybody minus Cliffjumper. We haven't seen Shockwave fight, and Soundwave rarely leaves the house. Megatron also seems to be immortal in this show and the insecticons are pretty much mindless.

I'm with you for realism, but if we are going to nitpick we should at least wait and see if smokescreen become Rodimus or if they are doing the lights out bit just to string us along till Ratchet is found.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476739)
Posted by ARCTrooperAlpha on April 6th, 2013 @ 11:45am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Oh just die already you weak autobots. Shockwave AND Megatron AND Soundwave AND Starscream plus a ton of insecticons against a bunch of baseless, leaderless autobots... For once, I would like a realistic end in which the obviously superior force dominates without some pansy, lucky chance, perfectly-setup win. Add the fact that theres "Predaking", come on... an autobot win would be simply for the sake of a happy ending. Arg, damn toons for kids, ignoring the subject matter of which they set up in the first place.


Too true. I personally hate the fact that things go to crap when Optimus is gone. I wanted to slap everyone in the Base during the Orion Pax arc. And again, when Ratchet was being whinny.

For f***'s sake, how the hell do you ppl survive as a guerilla unit ??!!! YOU GUYS AREN'T THE EQUIVALENT OF THE SITCOM DAD'S ARMY !!!!!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476742)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 6th, 2013 @ 12:07pm CDT
So, from what I can tell, the Autobots are infiltrating Darkmount, Ultra Magnus gets ready to shoot someone, Wheeljack and Bulkhead look passed out (praying for these two to finally die, but not getting my hopes up), Megatron ordering to execute the Autobots, Ultra Magnus picks up a gun instead of using his built-in cannons and shoots at something or someone, the Seekers in array, another dying Optimus scene with Smokescreen, Optimus "dies", Bumblebee, Arcee, Bulkhead, and Wheeljack are under capture, and Smokescreen transforms.

Kay, sounds like I may be bored through this episode. >:oP
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476747)
Posted by frogbat on April 6th, 2013 @ 12:35pm CDT
The episode further shows how much smokescreen was based off hotrod's character and story arc...

Wheeljack similarly appears to be based off springer, I miss wheeljack as the mad scientist, he could've come up with most of the devices that are the relics. "who made shoulder pads in charge.." loved that
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476784)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 6th, 2013 @ 3:14pm CDT
Cobalt Prime wrote:Well, that being the case, you would probably love the Japanese G1 followups as well as the two Japanese Beast Wars series then. I understand that the heroes frequently get killed off at the end of these. ;)

Hmmm.. I wouldn't mind checking these out then, if theres english subtitles...

You guys are right about the Cons not actually being active in their role as bad guys, just sort of passive, and letting Vehicons and Starscream consistently fumble things up. I swear, if Megatron did everything himself, they would all be dead. Instead he sits back and lets the others mess things up, haha. Anyway, Now that I'm sober again, I can take the show for what it is. I would like to see Prime die, just because it would be the minimal show of them not trying to be all wimpy and biased to the good guys (even though he's died a ton before, it doesn't mean much anymore). Now when Dinobot died in Beast Wars... that was a death!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476785)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 6th, 2013 @ 3:37pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
Cobalt Prime wrote:Well, that being the case, you would probably love the Japanese G1 followups as well as the two Japanese Beast Wars series then. I understand that the heroes frequently get killed off at the end of these. ;)

Hmmm.. I wouldn't mind checking these out then, if theres english subtitles...

You guys are right about the Cons not actually being active in their role as bad guys, just sort of passive, and letting Vehicons and Starscream consistently fumble things up. I swear, if Megatron did everything himself, they would all be dead. Instead he sits back and lets the others mess things up, haha. Anyway, Now that I'm sober again, I can take the show for what it is. I would like to see Prime die, just because it would be the minimal show of them not trying to be all wimpy and biased to the good guys (even though he's died a ton before, it doesn't mean much anymore). Now when Dinobot died in Beast Wars... that was a death!


Couldn't agree more about Dinobot's death. It was without a doubt the best executed death in a Transformers cartoon, ever.

I haven't watched a single episode of Transformers Prime thus far. Maybe I should. Where can I watch it online?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476792)
Posted by Varia31 on April 6th, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:I haven't watched a single episode of Transformers Prime thus far. Maybe I should. Where can I watch it online?

You can find it all on YouTube. If you have Netflix Instant streaming, it has the entire first two seasons. Season 3's episodes are still being put up on YouTube as they air.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476793)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 6th, 2013 @ 4:02pm CDT
Varia31 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:I haven't watched a single episode of Transformers Prime thus far. Maybe I should. Where can I watch it online?

You can find it all on YouTube. If you have Netflix Instant streaming, it has the entire first two seasons. Season 3's episodes are still being put up on YouTube as they air.

Thanks. I might give it a go.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476795)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2013 @ 4:30pm CDT
Does Prime die? NOPE!
Peter Cullen wrote:: In Season 3, there are times when Optimus Prime is really being kicked around, and he makes it back. Despite all the trials and tribulations, he gets back on his feet, which is a great message. Always coming back. Always surviving. Always being strong. Always being your best.

As for the rest of this thread:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Oh just die already you weak autobots.
If they're so weak, why have they always won nearly every battle minus the season 2 finale?

MINDVVIPE wrote:Shockwave
Hasn't done anything.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Megatron
Got bested several times in the past.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Soundwave
Stays home most of the time.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Starscream
Is the show's (lovable) butt monkey.

MINDVVIPE wrote:plus a ton of insecticons
Who drop like rocks when in large numbers (they only seem to be strong when they're by themselves).

MINDVVIPE wrote:For once, I would like a realistic end in which the obviously superior force dominates without some pansy, lucky chance, perfectly-setup win.
In other words, you want to watch something miserable, depressing, discouraging, and other such terms of dispair.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Add the fact that theres "Predaking", come on... an autobot win would be simply for the sake of a happy ending.
And? If you don't want that, you're dealing with the wrong franchise (unless it's Shattered Glass).

Cobalt Prime wrote:Well, that being the case, you would probably love the Japanese G1 followups as well as the two Japanese Beast Wars series then. I understand that the heroes frequently get killed off at the end of these. ;)
And which shows would these be, exactly? I've seen The Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, and Zone, and know about Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo, yet none of those are the death-fests you've described. ;)

_Anshin_ wrote:I'm with you for realism, but if we are going to nitpick we should at least wait and see if smokescreen become Rodimus or if they are doing the lights out bit just to string us along till Ratchet is found.
But, the show already had Ratchet be found. :???:

ARCTrooperAlpha wrote:Too true. I personally hate the fact that things go to crap when Optimus is gone. I wanted to slap everyone in the Base during the Orion Pax arc. And again, when Ratchet was being whinny.
Thank goodness they had Jack to keep everyone level-headed.

ARCTrooperAlpha wrote:For f***'s sake, how the hell do you ppl survive as a guerilla unit ??!!! YOU GUYS AREN'T THE EQUIVALENT OF THE SITCOM DAD'S ARMY !!!!!
Because all they ever fight are wimpy cannon fodder lookalikes most of the time.

PrymeStriker wrote:(praying for these two to finally die, but not getting my hopes up),
At this point, the Autobots need all the bodies they can get, as any of them dying this early would make it harder and harder for the writers to write in a victory for the Autobots without bringing in even more new guys.

PrymeStriker wrote:Kay, sounds like I may be bored through this episode. >:oP
In other words, "Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil fortress of... the Decepticons." :P

frogbat wrote:The episode further shows how much smokescreen was based off hotrod's character and story arc...
Only differences being that, unlike Hot Rod, Smokescreen is clever, resourceful, and skilled, being able to undo any jam he's in on his own without help, as well as actually putting his rashness and recklessness to good use that proves to be beneficial in the long run. 8)

frogbat wrote:Wheeljack similarly appears to be based off springer, I miss wheeljack as the mad scientist, he could've come up with most of the devices that are the relics. "who made shoulder pads in charge.." loved that
So glad to see someone not being comparaing him to Drift. Look people, just because he has swords and works alone doesn't make him a Drift expy.

Hasbro even admitted at BotCon 2011 that Wheeljack's personality wasn't based on Drift, but that of the typical lone warrior type common to many forms of fiction.

MINDVVIPE wrote:Hmmm.. I wouldn't mind checking these out then, if theres english subtitles...
The Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory have all been released in subbed DVD form three times (UK, Australia, and U.S.), as well as fansubbed by TV-Nihon.

Zone has only been subbed in a bootleg release, which can be found on both the UK and Australian Victory DVDs, but not the U.S. one.

Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo have been partially fansubbed by Ctenosaur, but that group never completed subbing either series, and both have remained incomplete for years. Both have only just recently come out on DVD in Japan (14-15 years after their original Japanese broadcast on TV), so there hasn't been any subbed DVD releases either.

MINDVVIPE wrote:I swear, if Megatron did everything himself, they would all be dead.
Ratchet, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee all fought him together at the beginning of season 2 without holding anything back, yet he couldn't kill the three of them (nor could they kill him either, though).

MINDVVIPE wrote:Instead he sits back and lets the others mess things up, haha.
Just like many past Megatrons. :lol:

MINDVVIPE wrote:I would like to see Prime die, just because it would be the minimal show of them not trying to be all wimpy and biased to the good guys (even though he's died a ton before, it doesn't mean much anymore). Now when Dinobot died in Beast Wars... that was a death!
When has there been a TF cartoon that didn't favor the good guys? Isn't that kinda the whole point of the brand's media. To send an uplifting message that, "No matter how bad things get, good can and will triumph over evil"?

Even when Dinobot died, he still dealt a major blow to the Predacons, foiling their plans despite it costing his life.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476798)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 6th, 2013 @ 4:38pm CDT
Fair points, but I disagree on it being "depressing" if the bad guys actually show they prowess in less of a... OHP, last moment change like when rocky fought Dolph lundgren. The comics aren't depressing and full of despair, yet the Decepticons don't constantly get pwned like they do in the toons. Same franchise, different stories.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476803)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Fair points, but I disagree on it being "depressing" if the bad guys actually show they prowess in less of a... OHP, last moment change like when rocky fought Dolph lundgren. The comics aren't depressing and full of despair, yet the Decepticons don't constantly get pwned like they do in the toons. Same franchise, different stories.
Well, with how dark this show is, if the cons did wind up winning, it would be very depressing, indeed.

The comics are written differently than how this show is since cartoons are more ubiquitous that comics. More kids can easily view cartoons on TV than they can get their hands on comics, so the show writers have to make it so the kids have something optimistic and hopeful to look towards in the long run.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476804)
Posted by dragons on April 6th, 2013 @ 4:57pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
Varia31 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:I haven't watched a single episode of Transformers Prime thus far. Maybe I should. Where can I watch it online?

You can find it all on YouTube. If you have Netflix Instant streaming, it has the entire first two seasons. Season 3's episodes are still being put up on YouTube as they air.

Thanks. I might give it a go.



go for youtube as last resort youtube evetually tkes episodes down delete person accout for not deleting episodes its rare you will find whole every episode fro mthat series go wit hnetflix, amazon, itunes, other online streaming sites, prime dies i belive it when i see it be nice its possible he gets new body upgrade in future episodes
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476805)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 6th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:as any of them dying this early would make it harder and harder for the writers to write in a victory for the Autobots without bringing in even more new guys.


So, bringing in more new guys is a taboo now, therefore they can't kill anyone off? :???:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476822)
Posted by datguy86 on April 6th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:as any of them dying this early would make it harder and harder for the writers to write in a victory for the Autobots without bringing in even more new guys.


So, bringing in more new guys is a taboo now, therefore they can't kill anyone off? :???:


I think Sabrblade is referring to the overall Prime cartoon strategy, which encompasses both the fiction and the applications used to create the fiction; whereas PrymeStriker is looking directly at the fiction itself.

Or: PrymeStriker is making complete sense within the fiction itself. Sabrblade is saying that not only are resources for the Autobot team at a current low; no new members will be joining due to not only the straggling nature of Autobots making their way to Earth but also because it would require new CGI renders and shoehorning characters in at the last moment without good characterization, like Smokescreen.


Sabrblade wrote:
frogbat wrote:Wheeljack similarly appears to be based off springer, I miss wheeljack as the mad scientist, he could've come up with most of the devices that are the relics. "who made shoulder pads in charge.." loved that


So glad to see someone not being comparaing him to Drift. Look people, just because he has swords and works alone doesn't make him a Drift expy.

Hasbro even admitted at BotCon 2011 that Wheeljack's personality wasn't based on Drift, but that of the typical lone warrior type common to many forms of fiction.


Drift is based off the many of the same lone warrior stereotypes, making yours and Hasbro's arguments invalid. I like the Springer reference much better.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476854)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:as any of them dying this early would make it harder and harder for the writers to write in a victory for the Autobots without bringing in even more new guys.


So, bringing in more new guys is a taboo now, therefore they can't kill anyone off? :???:
I mean, having them killed off so soon would feel hollow and meaningless, with new guys who we've never seen before having to come in and take their place. Think like how Transformers: The Movie just mercilessly killed off many fan favorites and replaced them with abruptly added newcomers.

There are many of us who want to see the heroes we current have, who have been with us since the very beginning, come out on top and claim victory. If they were all killed off, that'd be like saying that all they were working to accomplish over the span of two seasons was for nothing, that in the very end, they were destined to fail and get replaced by deus ex machina characters who come in at the last moment to save the day, but only too little too late to save the ones we've been rooting for for so long.

datguy86 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
frogbat wrote:Wheeljack similarly appears to be based off springer, I miss wheeljack as the mad scientist, he could've come up with most of the devices that are the relics. "who made shoulder pads in charge.." loved that


So glad to see someone not being comparaing him to Drift. Look people, just because he has swords and works alone doesn't make him a Drift expy.

Hasbro even admitted at BotCon 2011 that Wheeljack's personality wasn't based on Drift, but that of the typical lone warrior type common to many forms of fiction.


Drift is based off the many of the same lone warrior stereotypes, making yours and Hasbro's arguments invalid. I like the Springer reference much better.
The arguments are that Wheeljack is directly based on Drift and no one else. He's "Drift in a Wheeljack's body", "Driftjack", "Drift-knockoff Wheeljack", "looks like Wheeljack but acts like Drift", etc. etc.

They never even bother to think that the sword-wielding lone warrior type is a common trait of fiction, instead citing Drift as the sole and intended inspiration for the Prime Wheeljack character (despite Drift having never even been a Wrecker, among other differences between the two). THAT is what Hasbro and I were refuting.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476908)
Posted by datguy86 on April 7th, 2013 @ 12:01am CDT
datguy86 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
frogbat wrote:Wheeljack similarly appears to be based off springer, I miss wheeljack as the mad scientist, he could've come up with most of the devices that are the relics. "who made shoulder pads in charge.." loved that


So glad to see someone not being comparaing him to Drift. Look people, just because he has swords and works alone doesn't make him a Drift expy.

Hasbro even admitted at BotCon 2011 that Wheeljack's personality wasn't based on Drift, but that of the typical lone warrior type common to many forms of fiction.


Drift is based off the many of the same lone warrior stereotypes, making yours and Hasbro's arguments invalid. I like the Springer reference much better.
The arguments are that Wheeljack is directly based on Drift and no one else. He's "Drift in a Wheeljack's body", "Driftjack", "Drift-knockoff Wheeljack", "looks like Wheeljack but acts like Drift", etc. etc.

They never even bother to think that the sword-wielding lone warrior type is a common trait of fiction, instead citing Drift as the sole and intended inspiration for the Prime Wheeljack character (despite Drift having never even been a Wrecker, among other differences between the two). THAT is what Hasbro and I were refuting.[/quote]

Two Autobots who transform into predominantly white cars with East Asian influences (Drift's Kanji stamped on his chassis and magic sword; Wheeljack's katana-like blades), heavy emphasis on being a loner, "Let's Get Dangerous" attitudes, etc. Yeah, I guess public perception - especially at first glance - would never have lumped these two in the same bin.

And if Drift takes a heavy influence from the lone warrior, and then Wheeljack comes after Drift with a heavy influence from the lone warrior - an aspect/archetype/mythology Drift is now part of - and further topped off with a huge honkin' physical similarity to Drift with similar weapons and melee fighting styles...

Then yours and Hasbro's argument is invalid. Their personalities and backgrounds in the long run may be different, but the above similarities and perceptions still exist. "Wheeldrift" is an apt name for Jackie until some time is spent with the character. Again, I personally prefer the Springer comparison. However, there's plenty evidence as to whom Hasbro was trying to emulate (and you'll notice your quote clearly states 'personality' and not 'character') before the writers said 'nope' or someone realized Drift actually sucked. Or both.

And that's not going into the samurai-afflicted version done by TakaraTomy.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476917)
Posted by bvzxa on April 7th, 2013 @ 12:38am CDT
I really don't see Prime dying...too obvious. I really think Smokescreen is going to use the forge and fix Prime
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476924)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 7th, 2013 @ 1:02am CDT
bvzxa wrote:I really don't see Prime dying...too obvious. I really think Smokescreen is going to use the forge and fix Prime

And Cullen said prime gets back, and there's a new beast hunters prime figure, so you're probably right. I don' care that much about him dying actually. I think I just want the cons to win since they have the upper hand, looking at it from a perspective that isn't the shows primary audience of kids... So whatever. Predaking sucks so far. All he is is hard to kill, but he barely did any damage. >:oP
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476946)
Posted by frogbat on April 7th, 2013 @ 3:03am CDT
I didn't realize there was a springer vs drift debate. I don't follow the comics much so I didn't make the connection. I have the toy which I think is great...

What made me think he was springer was his part in being a wrecker and his caustic comments and general tone which reminded me of springer in the animated movie.

Regarding sword wielding samurai stereotypes... There have been plenty like TFA prowl. prime wheeljack's love for explosions as well as swords makes me think he's more pragmatic and uses the best tool to get the job done which is perhaps truer to my idea of what the wreckers are meant to be about,. Now we need a love triangle with wheeljack falling for RC who falls for smoke rodimus instead.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476947)
Posted by Just Negare on April 7th, 2013 @ 3:35am CDT
So, if Smokescreen becomes a Prime, we're not going to have to put up with a Smokemus Prime, are we? I mean, is there any other way they can create a name without just adding an "us" on the end?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476952)
Posted by Henry921 on April 7th, 2013 @ 4:22am CDT
Optimus is giving Smoke command out of necessity. He's about to die enter deep stasis lock, and somebody has to receive the Matrix. I'm sure if Ratchet was nearby OP would rather give it to the medic.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476960)
Posted by Eagleblaster on April 7th, 2013 @ 5:59am CDT
I should have noticed all the signs that Smokescreen was special. Like how he was the only one that the leaders of cybertron had saved and helped him escape during the war. They did that for a reason. And also countless times he was able to somehow stay alive. He was supposed to be dead a long time ago. I really thought he was dead when Megatron had hit him with the Dark saber. No cause primes are hard to kill, and he is a prime.
Prime Smokescreen.

He represents...

Oh and he was already a prime cuase only a prime can move the forge. And he moved it before Optimus called him a prime.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476969)
Posted by Rex Prime on April 7th, 2013 @ 7:44am CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:I should have noticed all the signs that Smokescreen was special. Like how he was the only one that the leaders of cybertron had saved and helped him escape during the war. They did that for a reason. And also countless times he was able to somehow stay alive. He was supposed to be dead a long time ago. I really thought he was dead when Megatron had hit him with the Dark saber. No cause primes are hard to kill, and he is a prime.
Prime Smokescreen.

He represents...

Oh and he was already a prime cuase only a prime can move the forge. And he moved it before Optimus called him a prime.


and Smokescreen said it himself...and i quote..

Smokescreen wrote:I am Destined for great things!


Don't forget the omega key inside him..
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476989)
Posted by VirusCarnage on April 7th, 2013 @ 9:02am CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:Oh and he was already a prime cuase only a prime can move the forge. And he moved it before Optimus called him a prime.


Only a Prime can use the the forge in "Operation Bumblebee Part 2" bulkhead and megatron (before he got the prime hand) picked up the forge and dreadwing picked it up to bring it to the autobots in regeneration.

You don't need to be a prime to move the forge to use it you need to be a prime or have a prime hand.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1476993)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 7th, 2013 @ 9:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I mean, having them killed off so soon


Whoa, whoa, whoa. I never said they needed to be killed off in this episode. If anything, Bulkhead should've died a long time ago. I was referring to them dying before the series' end.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477006)
Posted by Eagleblaster on April 7th, 2013 @ 10:55am CDT
Oh, excuse me if I was wrong about only a prime can move the forge. I really thought that because Megatron had to get a prime's hand to use it.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477048)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 7th, 2013 @ 2:02pm CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:Oh, excuse me if I was wrong about only a prime can move the forge. I really thought that because Megatron had to get a prime's hand to use it.
"Using it" and "moving it" aren't the same thing. "Moving it" is simply lifting it from Point A and putting it down at Point B. "Using it" is actually making something with it by hitting against whatever it's trying to make.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477503)
Posted by TurboMMaster on April 8th, 2013 @ 5:02pm CDT
Unfortunetly, this show never really cares about balance between sides. This only proves that Bots suposed to have a Red Shirts, if creators decide to make few killable Autobots, entire show should be much better.

I really wona see some Autobot dying, the one problem is that there is no strong candidate. It seems that everyone is too important and if he die, all Team Prime will be heavily weakened.

At least it seems we finally can see Shockwave in his alt-mode,I hope he made a good use of it.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477505)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 8th, 2013 @ 5:07pm CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:Unfortunetly, this show never really cares about balance between sides.
The writers have stated that they wanted to focus on the Autobots always being outgunned and outnumbered, always being the underdogs. That's why the Decepticons get all the cannon fodder footsoldiers like the Vehicons and the Insecticons.

TurboMMaster wrote:This only proves that Bots suposed to have a Red Shirts,
You mean the Cons, right?

TurboMMaster wrote:if creators decide to make few killable Autobots, entire show should be much better.
See above.

TurboMMaster wrote:I really wona see some Autobot dying, the one problem is that there is no strong candidate.
Why do you want to see the heroes get killed off?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477512)
Posted by TurboMMaster on April 8th, 2013 @ 5:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:I really wona see some Autobot dying, the one problem is that there is no strong candidate.
Why do you want to see the heroes get killed off?
Because it's kinda strange that Cliffjumper was only known Autobot killed on Earth. Especially when we consider this "heavy casulties" during war on Cybertron. To make things even more strange, as we can see Cons in this universe can beat Bot's asses, yet from stragne reason on Earth only way to show how evil Con is to give him some other Con to kill. Also, keeping all Bots in make show kinda static. It would be good to replace someone with new character. Status quo isn't always good.
PrymeStriker wrote:If anything, Bulkhead should've died a long time ago.
What do you have against Bulkhead? He is a very balanced character, he brings many humor and action into the show. Also all this character development for nothing?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477517)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 8th, 2013 @ 5:36pm CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
TurboMMaster wrote:I really wona see some Autobot dying, the one problem is that there is no strong candidate.
Why do you want to see the heroes get killed off?
Because it's kinda strange that Cliffjumper was only known Autobot killed on Earth. Especially when we consider this "heavy casulties" during war on Cybertron.
As much as it bothers me, Cliffjumper was a sacrificial lamb meant to show how dark and serious the show was gonna be. They even got an impossibly expensive guest star to voice him as fanservice. Sadly, he was never going to be a series regular no matter how we look at it.

TurboMMaster wrote:To make things even more strange, as we can see Cons in this universe can beat Bot's asses, yet from stragne reason on Earth only way to show how evil Con is to give him some other Con to kill.
Starscream hasn't killed any Cons, yet he's shown us how evil a character he can be.

The Con deaths just serve to further the plot. When it's their time to die, they die.

TurboMMaster wrote:Also, keeping all Bots in make show kinda static. It would be good to replace someone with new character. Status quo isn't always good.
That's why Wheeljack, Smokescreen, and Ultra Magnus were brought in. To shake up the status quote of the Autobot members.

G1 (minus the movie), Beast Machines, RiD, Armada, Energon, Cybertron (Vector Prime can't truly die), and Animated all kept their main good guys alive up till the end, yet they still had status quote changes in their members.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477540)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 8th, 2013 @ 7:10pm CDT
Cannon fodder is a stupid idea in Prime and always will be unless it's a video game that needs it. The point that bugs me is that there are so many times the cons have been bested, or killed when they had the upperhand (the writers from the movie show themselves here by having that formulaic victory for the bots in the end). Dreadwing, 2 very "powerful" insecticons, airachnid, and recently predaking (Breakdown's death was done well, but still, another death for the Cons). Agent Fowler in a helicopter against a SWARM of insecticons, and still lives... come on. Just don't put the stupid human there in the first place, and it would seem less idiotic when he lives.

Beating a dead horse coz this is a kids show, but if it weren't, one would have to believe most, if not all, the autobots should be dead by now, least with the plot of many eipsides. Bulkhead is a great character, but his damaged state should have led to death. I guess being an older fan, I was hoping for a more brutal show, since if Transformers really existed, there would be deaths all around... Just like a real war, which is the subject matter of the show. There are human deaths in the comics... Definitely the stories for me.

All things said, the way last season ended pleased me.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477561)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 8th, 2013 @ 8:25pm CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:What do you have against Bulkhead?


The guy's had 20+ near-death experiences throughout the series and the writers have saved him each time. Next time he needs to die and not get shot in the back only to heal within three episodes. >:oP

Also all this character development for nothing?


:lol:

Are you serious? What character development has Bulkhead gone through?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477581)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 8th, 2013 @ 9:35pm CDT
I look at all the complaints, quibbles, and criticisms this show gets around here, and can't help but compare it to its sibling series and further proves to me just how much more superior a show Rescue Bots is to Prime by the virtue of simply being the less flawed of the two. :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477613)
Posted by TurboMMaster on April 9th, 2013 @ 1:58am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:As much as it bothers me, Cliffjumper was a sacrificial lamb meant to show how dark and serious the show was gonna be. They even got an impossibly expensive guest star to voice him as fanservice. Sadly, he was never going to be a series regular no matter how we look at it.
And that's all? One guy killed in the beggining? It dosen't soud really dark for me.

Starscream hasn't killed any Cons, yet he's shown us how evil a character he can be.
He killed few Vechicons in "Orion Pax part 1 &2)

TurboMMaster wrote:Also, keeping all Bots in make show kinda static. It would be good to replace someone with new character. Status quo isn't always good.
That's why Wheeljack, Smokescreen, and Ultra Magnus were brought in. To shake up the status quote of the Autobot members.

G1 (minus the movie), Beast Machines, RiD, Armada, Energon, Cybertron (Vector Prime can't truly die), and Animated all kept their main good guys alive up till the end, yet they still had status quote changes in their members.
All series you mentioned(minus Beast Machines) were designed for younger audience(witch dose'nt make them bad of course). Transformers Prime, like beast wars & machines, is really dark. And that is why killing off good guys would be fitting.

PrymeStriker wrote:The guy's had 20+ near-death experiences throughout the series and the writers have saved him each time. Next time he needs to die and not get shot in the back only to heal within three episodes. >:oP
Like pretty much all characters in show :D
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477658)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 9th, 2013 @ 9:38am CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:And that's all? One guy killed in the beggining? It dosen't soud really dark for me.
It does when you consider it's never happened before. The episode little begins with a character we think we're going to get to know and enjoy, only for him to be brutally, torturously impaled within seconds. Had the show started off with him already being dead, it wouldn't be so dark. But to have the audience tricked into thinking we're going to like watching this guy, only for him to be not just killed off but killed off in a graphic and gut-wrenching manner is dark. Episode 2 having even more horrible things done to him even after death doesn't really evoke sunshine and rainbows, either.

TurboMMaster wrote:
Starscream hasn't killed any Cons, yet he's shown us how evil a character he can be.
He killed few Vechicons in "Orion Pax part 1 &2)
Those don't count. Vehicons get killed all the time. They live to die as fodder, not characters.

TurboMMaster wrote:All series you mentioned(minus Beast Machines) were designed for younger audience(witch dose'nt make them bad of course). Transformers Prime, like beast wars & machines, is really dark. And that is why killing off good guys would be fitting.
Believe it or not, this show is for the same age range as those past shows were for. The only reason this show seems so mature is because it takes itself seriously while still being considered a kids show. It's like how Batman: The Animated Series was: Very serious and well written, yet aimed at the same audience as Power Rangers. :P
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477664)
Posted by VirusCarnage on April 9th, 2013 @ 10:21am CDT
TurboMMaster wrote: He killed few Vechicons in "Orion Pax part 1 &2)


I believe he meant cons that would actually provide a challenge if they had an apex armour against bots that have 1 leg
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477676)
Posted by TurboMMaster on April 9th, 2013 @ 12:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I look at all the complaints, quibbles, and criticisms this show gets around here,
Well, just because I complay, dosen't mean I don't like it. Actually, I belive that Prime is the best thing what happens to Transforemrs since Beast Wars, beign far better than Animated, Bayformers or UT. It's simply be belive just because you are fan of something dosen't mean you must oveerate some things. I would love to see some things in Transforemrs Prime, as well i would love to see some thing out.

viruscarnage wrote:I believe he meant cons that would actually provide a challenge if they had an apex armour against bots that have 1 leg
The point was to show that Starscrean need to kill some Vechicons, because there is no enough bots to kill and keep status quo.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477698)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 9th, 2013 @ 1:58pm CDT
TurboMMaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I look at all the complaints, quibbles, and criticisms this show gets around here,
Well, just because I complay, dosen't mean I don't like it. Actually, I belive that Prime is the best thing what happens to Transforemrs since Beast Wars, beign far better than Animated, Bayformers or UT. It's simply be belive just because you are fan of something dosen't mean you must oveerate some things. I would love to see some things in Transforemrs Prime, as well i would love to see some thing out.
Hmmm... he seems to be forming "words" of some kind. :P

TurboMMaster wrote:The point was to show that Starscrean need to kill some Vechicons, because there is no enough bots to kill and keep status quo.
Starscream killing Vehicons doesn't mean squat. Vehicons get offed all the darn time. They're not characters, they're Stormtroopers.

Killing a Vehicon has the same amount of shock as killing a tree.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1477701)
Posted by VirusCarnage on April 9th, 2013 @ 2:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Killing a Vehicon has the same amount of shock as killing a tree.


Tree lovers would be really shocked :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1478103)
Posted by VirusCarnage on April 10th, 2013 @ 9:44pm CDT
Ok so I was on trying to find the promo clip that they usually release on Wednesdays and came across this promo pic on http://bwtf.com/

Image

But there was a post called
"Transformers: Prime: Beast Hunters" episode four Rebellion advance review, in this post it contained spoilers and what not, but I'm more concerned as to if this is legit or not.

I must also mention that apparently he got the episode from the HUB for review purposes only. (picture shown here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 199&type=1)

http://bwtf.com/tv/tfprime/3-4
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1478175)
Posted by El Duque on April 11th, 2013 @ 7:55am CDT
Mania has shared an exclusive preview clip and teaser image from tomorrow's new episode of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters, "Rebellion". We've mirrored the images, which features a whole armada of Jet Vehicon Generals below. We've also embedded a YouTube version of the clip courtesy of JhayKhayCee2.

If you want to go and just completely spoil yourself BWTF has posted a complete review of the episode.

Mania has been given an exclusive clip to this week’s episode of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters. This week, led by a new member, Team Prime wages war against the Decepticon citadel.


Image


Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1478179)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 11th, 2013 @ 8:24am CDT
What, Wheejack is now the Whiplash of Transformers?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1478185)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 11th, 2013 @ 8:59am CDT
where are all of these powerful weapons coming from? i like how they cause one hit kills too. wtf?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1478188)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 11th, 2013 @ 9:03am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:where are all of these powerful weapons coming from? i like how they cause one hit kills too. wtf?


They came from Ultra Magnus, remember? He had an armory in his vessel.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters "Rebellion" Promo (1478193)
Posted by VirusCarnage on April 11th, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:where are all of these powerful weapons coming from?


At the end of the 3rd episode of season 3 Ultra Magnus gave them new weapons

griftimus prime wrote: i like how they cause one hit kills too. wtf?


Well seeing as they are upgraded weapons I don't think it wouldnt be too productive if they did the same damage as their normal guns.

Click here to view an additional 71 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014