Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub

Friday, March 22nd, 2013 5:39AM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 22,009

Tonight's the night that many Transformers Prime fans have been waiting for. The season premiere of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters. The event starts with a back to back four hour marathon leading into tonights all new epidode titled "Darkmount, NV" and starts at 7:30 ET so there is still time to get that popcorn ready and enjoy some Transformers Prime goodness. Find out the fate of Optimus Prime and his fellow Autobots.

“Transformers Prime Beast Hunters” – Hub TV Network Original Series
NEW SEASON PREMIERE
(New episode: 7:30 – 8 p.m.)
“Darkmount, NV” – While Optimus struggles to survive after Megatron’s destruction of the Autobot base,
the separated members of Team Prime try to reconnect. Rating: TV-Y7, FV

Check out this promo for tonights season premiere.
Credit(s): The Hub
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473510)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 22nd, 2013 @ 8:18am CDT
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

FINALLY! Finally it is here! Can't wait!!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473529)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 22nd, 2013 @ 9:40am CDT
"Darkmount, NV". The original Hub press release made a typo.

#Sideways# wrote: =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

FINALLY! Finally it is here! Can't wait!!
In that case, YouTube is currently your best friend for episodes 53, 54, and 55. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473546)
Posted by SJ21 on March 22nd, 2013 @ 10:26am CDT
Probably not the best idea to premiere this episode during the first round of the ncaa tournament. As much as I love Transformers and this show, it is taking a back seat to watching the Tarheels.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473560)
Posted by Bouncy X on March 22nd, 2013 @ 11:14am CDT
if i'm correct season 2 is still airing in canada...so this means we wont get this til the fall i'm guessing. of course i'll just do what i did for season 2, wait for the blu-ray release and watch it for the first time then. thats the funny thing....we were still airing season 2 and yet the whole season was available on disc. lol
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473576)
Posted by Hotrodimust on March 22nd, 2013 @ 12:01pm CDT
I already watched the first episode and ultra Magnus has a horrible voice
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473577)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 22nd, 2013 @ 12:05pm CDT
Hotrodimust wrote:I already watched the first episode and ultra Magnus has a horrible voice
:shock: Dude, it's Michael freakin' Ironside! [-(
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473715)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2013 @ 12:25am CDT
While I thought tonight's episode was fantastic and well above par for a cartoon about a children's toy, I thought it was really odd that the episode was not left as a one parter since what we were left with didn't even introduce the "Beast Hunters". Leaving with Shockwave as the cliffhanger without introducing the "Beast Hunters" seemed like it really missed the whole point of this season's marketing as well as the toy line.

My almost 4 year old daughter summed it up best at the end of the episode when she asked where the dragons were that I had been promising her. "Next week" seems like an eternity to a kid.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473717)
Posted by Mkall on March 23rd, 2013 @ 12:55am CDT
Yes, I'm aware that there are more episodes online, but up until now, every TF: Prime episode I've watched was hi-def, and I don't believe in stopping now.

I was really hoping to see Predaking's entrance as the cliffhanger. By himself, Shockwave has only been seen once thus far in TF: Prime and so his entrance was overplayed for a character that many may not have seen if they had missed that one episode.

Overall though, I enjoyed the premier and I look forward to the following episodes.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473790)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT

Either way, here's a HD YouTube upload:

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473793)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2013 @ 2:33pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I'm surprised how there's barely any discussion going on about this episode here. I know several of us already saw it online last week, but I didn't think it was that many. Or at least, that something as hyped up as this isn't generating all that much discussion here. :???:

Either way, here's a HD YouTube upload:

I'm surprised as well, considering my comments I posted earlier in this thread where the Beast Hunters were missing from the first episode of "Beast Hunters". They should've have edited the episode to accommodate all of the Beast Hunters hype or left it as a "movie" premiere so that the Beast Hunters element was retained in the episode. Shockwave, while fun to see in his latest incarnation, should not have been the first episode's "cliffhanger" moment or big reveal.

Perhaps I should front page this to help generate some additional interest.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473796)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2013 @ 2:46pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm surprised as well, considering my comments I posted earlier in this thread where the Beast Hunters were missing from the first episode of "Beast Hunters". They should've have edited the episode to accommodate all of the Beast Hunters hype or left it as a "movie" premiere so that the Beast Hunters element was retained in the episode.
Out of curiosity (and I'm sure this question may stem from my having already seen 53-55, but I'll risk asking anyway) when you mention "the Beast Hunters", what are you referring to, exactly? The Predacons themselves, or something else? :-?
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473799)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2013 @ 3:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473805)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2013 @ 3:25pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:The Predacons, who are the actual Beast Hunters. They're absent from the first episode.
Ah, okay.

I ask for two reasons. One I cannot say since it may refer to spoilers.

The other is because people seem to have differing opinions on what the term "Beast Hunters" refers to. Like, some think it could be the Predacons, as in they're "hunters who are beasts". Others think it refers to the Autobots being "hunters hunting beasts", thinking of the Autobots hunting the Preds.

Doesn't help that that Toy Story-esque commercial from a before referred to the Autobots as the "Beast Hunters", helping complicate matters.

Let's hope that the show itself eventually sorts this all out.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473807)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2013 @ 3:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Ah, okay.

I ask for two reasons. One I cannot say since it may refer to spoilers.

Let's hope that the show itself eventually sorts this all out.

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473808)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2013 @ 3:35pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:In either scenario, the Predacons are absent from the first episode. Without introducing Predaking, it seems like the ball was dropped with tying the first episode into the title of the show.
Very true.

Similarily, Armada's first "The Unicron Battles" episode (41, "Depart") didn't have Unicron in it. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473810)
Posted by njb902 on March 23rd, 2013 @ 3:37pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Ah, okay.

I ask for two reasons. One I cannot say since it may refer to spoilers.

Let's hope that the show itself eventually sorts this all out.

Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473813)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 23rd, 2013 @ 4:09pm CDT
njb902 wrote:I wish they had just kept the title the same, I understand why it isn't I just wish it was.
How'd you feel about the previous subline imprint cartoon title changes?

Like:

• Beast Machines: Battle for the Spark[/*:m]
  • Armada: The Unicron Battles[/*:m]
  • And... I think that's it.[/*:m][/list:u]
    Yes, I know there were others for toys (Energon: The Powerlinx Battles, Cybertron: Primus Unleashed, etc.), but their cartoons didn't use their subline imprint names.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473817)
Posted by Seibertron on March 23rd, 2013 @ 4:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
How'd you feel about the previous subline imprint cartoon title changes?

Like:

• Beast Machines: Battle for the Spark[/*:m]
  • Armada: The Unicron Battles[/*:m]
  • And... I think that's it.[/*:m][/list:u]

Was the "Battle for the Spark" imprint used in Beast Machines? I don't recall it ever being used for the TV show.

I'm fine with them using "Beast Hunters" on the show. Just seems silly that the first episode doesn't directly tie-in with the marketing and only serves to continue to build up to this season's theme. I actually blame this more on the Hub than anything for failing to keep the episode as a movie length introduction. Ah well, at least the episode was awesome. Just an odd ending after waiting since October to see Predaking introduced.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473871)
Posted by Just Negare on March 24th, 2013 @ 4:04am CDT
Happy to see Shockwave. Hopefully he's a logical monster in this rendition. I was quite impressed to see the devastation upon Jasper, even if everyone got out alive; still pretty heavy for a kid's cartoon.

I'm defintely in agreement that the Preds should have at least been alluded to in the first episode, I hope they don't become just a footnote to some "Arcee and her pet human" show.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Season Premiere Tonight on the Hub (1473997)
Posted by QBKiller94 on March 24th, 2013 @ 7:53pm CDT
I loved it. They did a good job of building drama about the whereabouts and condition of the Autobots. The shot of Optimus under the rubble was fantastic. And what about Ratchet? Is he dead? They left that pretty ambiguous.

The shots of the burning rubble, Darkmount, Megatron sitting on a throne and a decimated Jasper, NV reminded me of Earth in the Regeneration 1 comic. Pretty heavy imagery for a kids show.

Other highlights were Arachnid being recovered from the wreckage of the Autotbot base and the recovery of the Forge of Solis Prime and the Apex Armor. They've been foreshadowing Arachnid's return for awhile. Looking forward to it.

I had no problem with the Shockwave ending and the lack of Predacons. They have to show the consequences from last season's finale and build some drama before pivoting in a new direction. Besides, Shockwave is the one who finds the Predicons according to the teaser shown at NYCC. It only makes sense to bring him in first.

We only EXPECT to see the Predicons out of the gate because of the toy line and the lame Beast Hunters branding in the show title. No one would be complaining if the Beast Hunters angle was a well-kept secret.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016