Transformers News: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images

Thursday, January 10th, 2013 10:13AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,385

The Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" news is coming in fast and furious this week! Hot on the heels of our first in-hand images of Deluxe Smokescreen we now have a trio of in-hand Voyager Class Beast Optimus Prime images. A brand new mold to fit in with the new "Beast Hunters" aesthetic, this figure will be joining Predaking in Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Wave 1. Images mirrored from ACToys below:

Update: We also have in-package images courtesy of an eBay auction.

Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime Images

Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime Images

Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime Images

Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime Images

Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime Images
Credit(s): daimchoc, ACToys.net, Sabrblade, eBay
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453741)
Posted by Cheetron on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:20am CST
I'm starting to like this guy a lot more than I used to. He sure doesn't look like Prime to me but maybe he can be someone else.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453742)
Posted by El Duque on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:20am CST
Looks like he has a maniacal grin, maybe he lost it after the destruction of the Autobot base.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453743)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:23am CST
The yellow/red contrast on the cab screams "Quickmix" at me!

Usually any TF that looks like 1988 makes me fangasmic (PCC Leadfoot), but here it's a double-edged sword in that the vehicle mode looks like something the Ninja Turtles should be driving, and I sorta' blamed their competition for killing TF back in the day. Maybe it's the translucent green, I dunno'. Still likely to eventually pick it up.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453744)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:24am CST
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453747)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:28am CST
Optimus Pri?...AIIIIEIIEEEEEE!! What happened to your face!!?? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453749)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:30am CST

I think this is the first time I've used this. :mrgreen:
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453751)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:32am CST
oh god its my weakness! wings......damn that is niceeeeeee
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453753)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:33am CST
looks awesome. great balance of colors and proportions
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453754)
Posted by CMBcheetor on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:35am CST
It sort of looks like he might have a Gorilla face... but anyway he does look angry. I do like the return to a Flat faced truck.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453755)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:35am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

I think this is the first time I've used this. :mrgreen:

Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453757)
Posted by roBROmanceFTW on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:35am CST
Trikeboy wrote:I want to like it but I... can't. if they took off the front claws and made the panels less jagged, I would love it. The problem is, Optimus doesn't look like this in the show unless he is going to reformat.

*POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*

I think it was hinted at the end of season two that Optimus will definitely need some "fixing." Anyhow, I really like his 'bot mode since I've been getting tired of the "anime proportions," what with the big torso and tiny legs.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453759)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:38am CST
size comparison pics please???
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453766)
Posted by Va'al on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:46am CST
He don't look too shabby, does he?

Curiosity: can anyone spot a faction symbol anywhere in the photos so far?
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453768)
Posted by Janus Prime on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:52am CST
OK, a little better but still not very good.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453770)
Posted by dirk2243 on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:58am CST
Im on the fence about this one. I'd like to see some in hand pics and comparison pics though.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453771)
Posted by ebeforei on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:58am CST
This looks fantastic. We finally have a jetpack voyager figure. I wonder if it comes off though? Either way, excited for how well this is looking so far.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453772)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:59am CST
I'm sold. Dammit, Hasbro. >:oP
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453781)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on January 10th, 2013 @ 11:18am CST
griftimus prime wrote:looks awesome. great balance of colors and proportions

Well, this is the first time i've ever heard you give a hasbro toy a compliment, or say that its even good.
No offence but you have been critical on nearly everything i have seen you post on.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453785)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 10th, 2013 @ 11:30am CST
Ugh. That looks...terrible. It's like a knock off of Animated Optimus.

I have to wonder... These toys, will they even see the light of day in the show? I'm thinking not. I'm thinking these toys are toy only and the show models will remain the same.

It's been cited several times that they reuse the CGI models to make different characters. Only a slight head change or color change is all that's needed, much like the toys. This would be a complete Optimus redesign, and I can't see them doing that and trying to keep the costs of the show down.

I have a feeling this guy is a toy only design. Which is what I'd prefer. I don't need to see the characters on the show look like something out of Mad Max.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Beast Optimus Prime In-Hand and In-Package Images (1453786)
Posted by prmlove1 on January 10th, 2013 @ 11:31am CST
In my world He will be Joker Prime... Seriously though, I am pretty sure the wings do not detach based on the vehicle mode... Also, when I first saw him I thought about Animated Wreck-Gar for some reason and how this would have made a great Motormaster during Botcon 2011...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering