Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand

Transformers News: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand

Friday, January 11th, 2013 12:36AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,806

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We now have our first in-hand images of Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Class Predaking courtesy of a TaoBao auction. We get a look at the Pedacon leader in both dragon and robot modes. This guy will join Beast Optimus Prime in "Beast Hunters" Voyager wave one. Images mirrored below.

Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Package

Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Package
Credit(s): Sabrblade, TaoBao
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454006)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 11th, 2013 @ 12:46am CST
Those extra dragon heads look terrible... I had to spend some time looking to find the eyes just to establish what the head really looked like...and the necks suck.
Overall... meh. So far, not a single must buy from this line just yet..but there are some contenders.... The leader version of predaking looks kinda cool.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454007)
Posted by RAcast on January 11th, 2013 @ 12:50am CST
Hmm, those heads definitely make better guns when they don't have necks. :lol: They're still pretty bad though, who thought it would be a good idea for them to be orange when the rest of the dragon is black? The Aesthetics clash strongly with this one.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454011)
Posted by CBratetron on January 11th, 2013 @ 12:55am CST
So far no.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454012)
Posted by Mkall on January 11th, 2013 @ 1:08am CST
I hate the robot mode hands and how they hold the weapons. Hate, hate, hate.

It makes for a horrifically akward looking figure in my eyes.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454013)
Posted by President-prime on January 11th, 2013 @ 1:08am CST
the predaking looks stupid. Sorry. I cannot like any part of him other than his legs. It looked like Megatron's legs. Why are the dragon heads detachable. It's beginning to look like model, with various parts to form dragon? heads do not turn into guns, lazers, or whatever. Sor far, optimus is the only one worth getting. The figure in the package looks horrible. I will not even consider him.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454019)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 11th, 2013 @ 1:53am CST
I agree with MINDWIPE and Mkall about those dragon heads and those terrible hand gun....neck fist..... weirdness goin on there that sucks pretty hard ,BUT, I think i kinda like the figure over all. At least i think i do....not entirely sure yet.

The bot mode i feel is pretty successful for the most part(hands?) and looks good. The alt mode is something i need to see more in hand images/video of before i condemn it or praise it. Seems too me that there's potential there that isn't coming across in the few pics we've seen.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454023)
Posted by Unicronobot on January 11th, 2013 @ 1:58am CST
eeeeh....the leaderclass predaking looks so much better...I'll get this guy to do a video review of him but once I get the bigger predaking this guy is going on ebay
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454035)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 11th, 2013 @ 2:55am CST
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

I know the character will probably be "bad ass" in the show but the figure is meh and this is supposed to be Predaking.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454050)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 11th, 2013 @ 4:15am CST
wow those guns are horrible. i hope they can remain attached to the bot mode
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454075)
Posted by njb902 on January 11th, 2013 @ 6:37am CST
He reminds me of the gundam piloted by wufei in gundam wing.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454086)
Posted by xyl360 on January 11th, 2013 @ 7:59am CST
Dear Hasbro,

When we asked for more Beast Wars figures, this is NOT what we meant. But perhaps your dedicated Cybertron fans will be happy.

Sincerely,

Dedicated Beast Wars fans

Image
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454101)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 11th, 2013 @ 8:50am CST
xyl360 wrote:Dear Hasbro,

When we asked for more Beast Wars figures, this is NOT what we meant. But perhaps your dedicated Cybertron fans will be happy.

Sincerely,

Dedicated Beast Wars fans


Dear xyl,

This isn't Beast Wars.

Sincerely,

Transformers Prime.

:roll:
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454117)
Posted by xyl360 on January 11th, 2013 @ 10:21am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Dear Hasbro,

When we asked for more Beast Wars figures, this is NOT what we meant. But perhaps your dedicated Cybertron fans will be happy.

Sincerely,

Dedicated Beast Wars fans


Dear xyl,

This isn't Beast Wars.

Sincerely,

Transformers Prime.

:roll:

Yes, I'm aware, but they're doing nods to BW here, and that's all I'm pointing out. The faction are called Predacons after all ;).
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454119)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 11th, 2013 @ 10:28am CST
xyl360 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Dear Hasbro,

When we asked for more Beast Wars figures, this is NOT what we meant. But perhaps your dedicated Cybertron fans will be happy.

Sincerely,

Dedicated Beast Wars fans


Dear xyl,

This isn't Beast Wars.

Sincerely,

Transformers Prime.

:roll:

Yes, I'm aware, but they're doing nods to BW here, and that's all I'm pointing out. The faction are called Predacons after all ;).


Except they're more colored like the G1 Predacons with the reds, yellows and blacks. Twinstrike doesn't count, he's a Terrorcon. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454126)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 11th, 2013 @ 11:17am CST
xyl360 wrote:Yes, I'm aware, but they're doing nods to BW here, and that's all I'm pointing out. The faction are called Predacons after all ;).


Because Beast Wars was the first time they used the faction "Predacons?" No.

They're not doing any nods to Beast Wars here. The Predacons are a bunch of dragons, which is a nod to the G1 Terrorcons. But since the Terrorcons are already the name of Dark Energon Zombies in Prime, they chose the next best name. >:oP

Prime Predacons are also a prehistoric race of Cybertronians.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454139)
Posted by xyl360 on January 11th, 2013 @ 11:38am CST
PrymeStriker wrote:
xyl360 wrote:Yes, I'm aware, but they're doing nods to BW here, and that's all I'm pointing out. The faction are called Predacons after all ;).


Because Beast Wars was the first time they used the faction "Predacons?" No.

They're not doing any nods to Beast Wars here. The Predacons are a bunch of dragons, which is a nod to the G1 Terrorcons. But since the Terrorcons are already the name of Dark Energon Zombies in Prime, they chose the next best name. >:oP

Prime Predacons are also a prehistoric race of Cybertronians.

Beast Wars was the first time it was used as a faction (the gestalt team was just that, a team of Decepticons, not their own faction).

I get your point though. Some of these are like the Terrorcons, but not all. As the pic I posted above clearly illustrates, Predaking himself is a nod to Cybertron Fire Convoy/Scourge.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454152)
Posted by edoggz2011 on January 11th, 2013 @ 12:13pm CST
He looks like Scorponok from the Beast Wars series.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454252)
Posted by Vectorshot on January 11th, 2013 @ 4:12pm CST
This thing is UGLY. There is no way to hype this up. Hasbro should just hire all of the third party figure makers and put out all of there stuff.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454320)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 11th, 2013 @ 8:56pm CST
xyl360 wrote:I get your point though. Some of these are like the Terrorcons, but not all. As the pic I posted above clearly illustrates, Predaking himself is a nod to Cybertron Fire Convoy/Scourge.
Flame Convoy. Fire Convoy was G1's RiD Optimus. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454367)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 11th, 2013 @ 10:46pm CST
Why did it have to be Voyager? Should have been bigger. MUCH bigger.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454369)
Posted by RAcast on January 11th, 2013 @ 10:49pm CST
SlyTF1 wrote:Why did it have to be Voyager? Should have been bigger. MUCH bigger.

There's a leader class version on the way. Gotta keep up with the thread, friend. :)
There's the CV Commander version, which I find to be WAY too orange in altmode.
The Voyager version here, whose gun-heads I find to be WAY too orange, lol.
And the Leader/Weaponizer/Whathaveyou version, which looks amazing from what little we've seen.
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454373)
Posted by xyl360 on January 11th, 2013 @ 11:00pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
xyl360 wrote:I get your point though. Some of these are like the Terrorcons, but not all. As the pic I posted above clearly illustrates, Predaking himself is a nod to Cybertron Fire Convoy/Scourge.
Flame Convoy. Fire Convoy was G1's RiD Optimus. ;)

:lol:, good catch (as usual) Sabrblade :)!
Re: Transformers Prime "Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking In-Hand (1454374)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 11th, 2013 @ 11:01pm CST
RAcast wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:Why did it have to be Voyager? Should have been bigger. MUCH bigger.

There's a leader class version on the way. Gotta keep up with the thread, friend. :)
There's the CV Commander version, which I find to be WAY too orange in altmode.
The Voyager version here, whose gun-heads I find to be WAY too orange, lol.
And the Leader/Weaponizer/Whathaveyou version, which looks amazing from what little we've seen.


Yeah, I just read back and recognized that...