Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail

Sunday, July 7th, 2013 11:26PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,291

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Sharkticon Megatron is starting to hit retail! Yours truly picked this guy up at a Wal-Mart in central Oklahoma (Chickasha to be exact). If you're in the market for this figure keep your eyes peeled, he's starting to show up on shelves.

When this guy shows up your local area be sure to update our handy sightings tool, and don't forget about our regional sightings forum.

Re: Generations FOC Wreckers and Beast Hunters Sharkticon Megatron Spotted In Retail!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501503)
Posted by RAcast on July 7th, 2013 @ 11:36pm CDT
So that nice gunmetal grey/black IS the correct color? PHEW!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501507)
Posted by ILL-Star on July 7th, 2013 @ 11:42pm CDT
I just found him at Walmart tonight. I forgot it was out around now. It was a nice surprise. Arm articulation seems more limited than PRID Megatron though. Other than that, he's really cool.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501508)
Posted by ILL-Star on July 7th, 2013 @ 11:43pm CDT
RAcast wrote:So that nice gunmetal grey/black IS the correct color? PHEW!

Actually it's kinda brownish.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501519)
Posted by amtm on July 8th, 2013 @ 12:35am CDT
I picked this up a couple days ago but was too lazy to post a pic.

Update: Sorry, forgot to mention where. Found it at Wal-mart in Maryland. No sign of any at Target around here yet, though I found Grimwing and the newer version of Ultra Magnus there a few days earlier.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501521)
Posted by Cobra Delaris on July 8th, 2013 @ 12:43am CDT
I can't wait to pick this guy up.

I realize some people think it's an ugly color scheme but I think it's legit. :CON:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501528)
Posted by Venoose1 on July 8th, 2013 @ 3:58am CDT
I just wanna know the series of life choices Megatron made that led to him choosing a fish aeroplane as an alt mode.
I think it's a cry for help.
Poor guy.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501529)
Posted by Mykltron on July 8th, 2013 @ 4:20am CDT
^lol!

It's good to see he's not coming out poo colour.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501721)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 8th, 2013 @ 7:44pm CDT

And honestly, these are not that awesome. Their vehicle modes are nice, and their robot modes aren't too shabby, barring Impactor's stick arms. But the combined mode is a piece of JUNK! :BANG_HEAD: :evil:
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501723)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 8th, 2013 @ 7:47pm CDT
Like I said, the Bruticus combination is much better than Ruination's
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501724)
Posted by RAcast on July 8th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:They've got the Wreckers in my local New Hampshire Walmart on route 11 from Rochester. i already got the set from bbts...

What specifically are your issues with the combined mode? There's a good bit of fiddling you can do to make it considerably better. Just mess around with it, is my opinion, and you'll find some ways to make things do what you want. :)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501779)
Posted by FortMacs on July 9th, 2013 @ 1:05am CDT
cant wait to find all of these guys, the wreckers will not be combined ill keep them as individual bots.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501824)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 9th, 2013 @ 6:56am CDT
RAcast wrote:

It feels floppy, cheaply-made, I have a bad time with him standing up and the weapon makes him off-balance. I wasn't even planning on keeping him in combined mode. All five of these guys are standing on my neo-G1 shelf and that's how they'll stay.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501845)
Posted by njb902 on July 9th, 2013 @ 9:05am CDT
I picked up the wreckers this morning at the walmart on peach street in erie pa!
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501871)
Posted by RAcast on July 9th, 2013 @ 10:56am CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
RAcast wrote:

I'll give you the cheaply made part, they definitely skimped on quality for the entire FoC deluxe line, but floppy and having balance issues? Who are you using for the legs? I've never had issues with the G2 version, it's very stable and posable. I guess it doesn't matter if you're leaving them uncombined, I'm just wondering what you're doing that it's not solid. :P
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501912)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 9th, 2013 @ 2:59pm CDT
RAcast wrote:...they definitely skimped on quality for the entire FoC deluxe line...

Well, I wouldn't say the entire line. Just the Combaticons (and the Wreckers, from what I've heard) and Jazz. My Ultra Magnus, Starscream, and Shockwave are all fine, quality-wise.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501913)
Posted by RAcast on July 9th, 2013 @ 3:01pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

But, at least in the cases of the Optimus and Shockwave molds, they're still EXTREMELY tiny and thin. I love that Shockwave mold to death, but there's no defending how ridiculously small and thin he is.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501914)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 9th, 2013 @ 3:05pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Oh yes, no argument there. Ultra Magnus, despite being awesome, looks sadly pathetic on my Classics shelf.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501920)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 9th, 2013 @ 3:36pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
RAcast wrote:

And do NOT get me started on the cheapness of the FOC toys. Jazz in particular will send me into RAEG! :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM: :BOOM: :evil: ;)
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501926)
Posted by RAcast on July 9th, 2013 @ 4:08pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I had it in the configuration in the instructions. Roadbuster as the left arm, Twin Twist as the right arm, Whirl as the right leg and Topspin as the left. Admittedly it was more to see how it looks. ;) I don't own the Combaticon set of this.

Well there's your problem. ;P Vortex/Whirl doesn't do a whole lot of good as a leg, I'd suggest always using Swindle/Roadbuster as a leg. I'd imagine Brawl/Twin Twist as an arm also makes him balance a little strangely due to 60% of him sticking off the side of the shoulder.
Re: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Sharkticon Megatron Hitting Retail (1501937)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 9th, 2013 @ 4:38pm CDT
Well, if I ever combine them again I'll keep that in mind. ;)

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering