Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images

Transformers News: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images

Saturday, April 27th, 2013 1:56PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 30,644

Courtesy of TFND.net, we have some images of Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus out of his box! The images show him off next to BH Voyager Optimus Prime for size comparison, and also include an in-box shot of Grimwing.

Take a look below!

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images

Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images
Credit(s): TFND.net
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482597)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:00pm CDT
It should be noted that he does not come with that cannon. That's an Arms Micron. It should also be noted that this uses the Arms Micron Optimus mold.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482600)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:08pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:It should also be noted that this uses the Arms Micron Optimus mold.

Not quite, just the forearms.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482605)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:22pm CDT

I really wish that the Forge was colored.

It appears Ultra Magnus's jetpack is detachable, since this image was included.

Not sure if I like Grimwing. I wasn't planning on picking him up anyway, but if I like it enough, I might change my name.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482606)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT

Interested to see what Takara do with him. :-?
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482607)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Not quite, just the forearms.

You are correct, I should've paid closer attention.

Mindmaster wrote:What, no images of the vehicle mode, nor any of Grimwing other than him in his box?

I really wish that the Forge was colored.

It appears Ultra Magnus's jetpack is detachable.

No other images of Grimwing at this time. I'm sure the source will do a gallery soon.

As for the jetpack, yes, it's detachable. Which is why it's going in the garbage, unless it makes an appearance in the show.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482612)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:44pm CDT
cant wait for this magnus. good thing the jet pack is removable. gonna need a gun for him though..
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482613)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:46pm CDT
Loving Magnus. Grimwing looks nice as well. His bio on tfwiki is pretty interesting.
Out of all the Preds, he's the one Shockwave does't trust at all because his sense of honor is so great it may cause him to join the Autobots.

'Tis a shame he may just be a mindless wild beast on the show.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482614)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Loving Magnus. Grimwing looks nice as well. His bios on tfwiki is pretty interesting.

Wait a second...

Wasn't one of the components of the beast-like Autobot gestalt from Takara's upcoming Go! anime similar to Grimwing?

Could this mean what I think this means?
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482636)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 27th, 2013 @ 3:45pm CDT
It could be your speculation is going a bit too far right now.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482638)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 3:48pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:It could be your speculation is going a bit too far right now.

Key word, speculation.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482647)
Posted by Anonymous. on April 27th, 2013 @ 4:24pm CDT
Wait why did I buy the RID version... :sad:
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482660)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 27th, 2013 @ 4:56pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Wait why did I buy the RID version... :sad:

Two reasons:

The PRID mold is actually quite nice and posable.
We don't know what his final show model will look like. (He has yet to choose an Earth form, and I'm sure Optimus or someone will mention it. They did it with Smokescreen, I'm sure Magnus is next.)

Either way, you've covered all the bases.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482662)
Posted by Down_Shift on April 27th, 2013 @ 5:07pm CDT
Holy shit I love this Magnus.

Waaaaaaay more than the Prime Voyager.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482663)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 27th, 2013 @ 5:08pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Wait why did I buy the RID version... :sad:

Two reasons:

The PRID mold is actually quite nice and posable.

Either way, you've covered all the bases.

But you have to admit this robot mode does look quite nice, and has the Forge to go with it.

Other than that, I agree with your points.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482664)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 5:08pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Wait why did I buy the RID version... :sad:

Two reasons:

The PRID mold is actually quite nice and posable.

Either way, you've covered all the bases.

To be fair though, the upcoming Voyager is much closer to CGI render than the first one.

Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482665)
Posted by crazyjeffy on April 27th, 2013 @ 5:12pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Wait why did I buy the RID version... :sad:

Two reasons:

The PRID mold is actually quite nice and posable.

Either way, you've covered all the bases.

The only differences made on Smokescreen appear to be only the Autobot symbol additions. I could be wrong, though. I'm only using the pictures from TFwiki.

I'm not entirely certain that Magnus' bot mode will change. They really enjoy using models over and over. I absolutely love the PRiD, in fact it's my favorite of all the Prime figures. I'll probably end up getting the new one, however, for show accuracy. PRiD Magnus can be kept in another spot.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482666)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 27th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Wait why did I buy the RID version... :sad:

Two reasons:

The PRID mold is actually quite nice and posable.

Either way, you've covered all the bases.

Other than that, I agree with your points.

Him having the Forge is odd. I'm guessing it has some significance in the show. Let's say it's tapped out, for a moment. It still makes for a terrific weapon, and in the imposing hands of Ultra Magnus, that's gonna be Hell to beat.

I'm wondering if he'll become a Prime? I surely hope not. He's too stiff.

And the robot mode does look nice, minus those ridiculous wings. Blech.

Mindmaster wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Wait why did I buy the RID version... :sad:

Two reasons:

The PRID mold is actually quite nice and posable.

Either way, you've covered all the bases.

True, it is closer. However, I do like the torso of the PRID version better. Just the proportions fit better in terms of humanoid. I agree that the BH version does look more like the animation model. Problem his, his chest is made up of parts of his door, so his vehicle mode looks like he has no windshield. (Which would be incredibly odd to see.)

That's one of the reasons I like the PRID figure a bit better. But, yeah, he definitely screams CGI accuracy.

crazyjeffy wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:Wait why did I buy the RID version... :sad:

Two reasons:

The PRID mold is actually quite nice and posable.

Either way, you've covered all the bases.

His bot mode might not change, but we still haven't seen his vehicle mode, yet. It'll be a real cluster!@#$ if he has the PRID vehicle but the BH bot mode. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they pulled something like that, either. And the only reason they reuse the models over and over is money. This show is ridiculously expensive for a kid's show on a cable network that most people can't afford.

For some reason, Hasbro was under the impression that Magnus was going to look like a missile truck, and then they mapped him to use Prime's body. I'm thinking they had plans to go one way, ended up going another. That's just a guess, nothing concrete.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482668)
Posted by ILL-Star on April 27th, 2013 @ 5:47pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482670)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 27th, 2013 @ 5:53pm CDT
ILL-Star wrote:The pegs that connect Grimwing's legs to his waist are visible! That doesn't look or seem right at all. I know that's a common thing on figures these days but not on the waist. #-o

Actually, it's not that there are pegs showing; it appears he's mistransformed.

It's not uncommon to get figures mistransformed straight from the packaging so they can fit their boxes, as in the case of Generations Blitzwing.
Re: Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters Voyager Ultra Magnus In-Hand Images (1482672)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on April 27th, 2013 @ 6:16pm CDT
MightyMagnus78 wrote:He's a little plain, but he looks better than I originally thought and he's also more show accurate than the PRiD version.

Interested to see what Takara do with him. :-?

Thank you!! ;)^ :VEHI:

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 DIRGE COMPLETE 1985 All parts and weapons! #2 - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 20 minutes 37 seconds
HASBRO Transformers G1 REISSUE 3PCs Insecticons Shrapnel Bombshell Kickback - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 51 minutes 39 seconds
Kickback MOSC NEW Sealed Vintage Hasbro G1 REISSUE Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 6 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers G1 SANDSTORM Triplechanger Complete 1986! #2 - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 54 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers G1 ASTROTRAIN COMPLETE 1985! - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 56 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers G1 Cassettes STEELJAW & REWIND 100% Complete GOLD WEAPONS 1986! - Time Remaining: 18 days 5 hours 28 minutes 49 seconds
transformers g1 TOPSPIN AFA 80 1985 jumpstarters misb 80/85/90 hasbro original - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 27 seconds
Transformers Animated AUTOBOT RATCHET Cybertron Mode TRU Deluxe Class Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 47 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks