Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO

Transformers News: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO

Monday, August 6th, 2012 7:16PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,952

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Hasbro's official Transformers YouTube channel has uploaded a product demo of the recently released Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus playset. Check out the video embedded below.

Credit(s): Hasbro
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407863)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on August 6th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CDT
I'm glad they threw in the "subject to availability" part.

Of course, nothing has been more "subject to availability" as the Prime RID deluxes! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407867)
Posted by CycL3Bot-'[O.o]' on August 6th, 2012 @ 7:37pm CDT
Bot mode looks alright 8)
Battle station mode?? thats a joke right :BANG_HEAD: TOTALLY looks like he's sitting down with no head :lol:
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407871)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on August 6th, 2012 @ 7:44pm CDT
CycL3Bot-'[O.o]' wrote:Bot mode looks alright 8)
Battle station mode?? thats a joke right :BANG_HEAD: TOTALLY looks like he's sitting down with no head :lol:



Hey, it worked for G1 Metroplex.
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407872)
Posted by dedcat on August 6th, 2012 @ 7:52pm CDT
Some customizer somewhere is going to do amazing things with this otherwise awful toy.
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407874)
Posted by CycL3Bot-'[O.o]' on August 6th, 2012 @ 7:56pm CDT
i totally agree bro. like you said, it worked in G1 ;) but now its 2012 thats just lazy of them in my part :HEADHURTS:
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407878)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 6th, 2012 @ 8:25pm CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:
CycL3Bot-'[O.o]' wrote:Bot mode looks alright 8)
Battle station mode?? thats a joke right :BANG_HEAD: TOTALLY looks like he's sitting down with no head :lol:



Hey, it worked for G1 Metroplex.


Actually Metroplex was a bit more complex than this thing is not to mention he was a solid figure & not hollow like this. When Metroplex transformed he actually looked like something unlike prime here who dose just look like hes sitting down with no head and a flat chest.
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407889)
Posted by Super Megatron on August 6th, 2012 @ 9:53pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:
CycL3Bot-'[O.o]' wrote:Bot mode looks alright 8)
Battle station mode?? thats a joke right :BANG_HEAD: TOTALLY looks like he's sitting down with no head :lol:



Hey, it worked for G1 Metroplex.


Actually Metroplex was a bit more complex than this thing is not to mention he was a solid figure & not hollow like this. When Metroplex transformed he actually looked like something unlike prime here who dose just look like hes sitting down with no head and a flat chest.


True. Metroplex had many more steps to transform him from robot to a rolling battle station - the "city mode" was just a bonus (but it did tried to look like a city). This Optimus barely looks like a robot, much less a "battle station". The simplicity of its transformation is almost as bad as something you get from a happy meal toy.
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407890)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 6th, 2012 @ 10:03pm CDT
yeah but imagine what this looks like to a 5 -6 year old kid
who these toys are designed for
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407894)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on August 6th, 2012 @ 10:15pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:yeah but imagine what this looks like to a 5 -6 year old kid
who these toys are designed for


True, but following that train of thought, why didn't they always just make lazy, crappy offerings like this since this is all it takes to impress the target audience? Why'd we have to go from stuff that adult collectors could actually appreciate to THIS after so many years? :-?
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407909)
Posted by That Bot on August 6th, 2012 @ 11:22pm CDT
I think Optimus Maximus is pretty awesome, personally, and the only reason I haven't picked one up yet is because I'd have to put it separately from my Cyberverse display. Kind of defeats the purpose.
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407911)
Posted by KNM2012 on August 6th, 2012 @ 11:56pm CDT
Optimus Maximus. :-? I feel the decision to make this has me think that Hasbro has finally become as crazy as G1 Galvatron. :lol:

But then again, I'd have been more in favor if this "Maximus" was not made to be another version of Optimus. Mostly because they could have done a Prime version of the larger G1 characters, but chose to create this because kids (and some collectors) need a new Optimus. :P
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407918)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 7th, 2012 @ 1:45am CDT
If you thought this was locco, take a gander at Grandus, he just lies down on his belly to become a "space carrier" or something, his city mode, well just open up his belly to expose his guts. :lol:
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407919)
Posted by KNM2012 on August 7th, 2012 @ 2:20am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:If you thought this was locco, take a gander at Grandus, he just lies down on his belly to become a "space carrier" or something. his city mode, well just open up his belly to expose his guts. :lol:

That is very true. :P And ironically, Star Convoy also has that issue. Plus, with his partner being a Micromaster version of Hot Rodimus, he can say "Get in mah belly!" and mean it! :lol:
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1407968)
Posted by DISCHARGE on August 7th, 2012 @ 8:19am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:If you thought this was locco, take a gander at Grandus, he just lies down on his belly to become a "space carrier" or something, his city mode, well just open up his belly to expose his guts. :lol:


I think Maximus could have benefited from that. If it just laid down and opened up he could be twice as big, weapons could have unfolded from his innards, and he would have allotted more standing ground for more figures.

I just picked up the Driller for $13.00 on clearance at Wal-Mart and while I like the general look and feel, he made me feel like I had ADD as I put him down rather quickly after opening. The Driller made me think it was another Armada Classics modeled in the vein of Hot Shot.
Also, wherever you plug the weapons into they get in the way of the transformation, I hate that.
I fear that Optimus Maximus will net the same results.
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1408124)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 7th, 2012 @ 8:55pm CDT
Cobalt Prime wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:yeah but imagine what this looks like to a 5 -6 year old kid
who these toys are designed for


True, but following that train of thought, why didn't they always just make lazy, crappy offerings like this since this is all it takes to impress the target audience? Why'd we have to go from stuff that adult collectors could actually appreciate to THIS after so many years? :-?
cost, the world economy, trying to save money by making smaller less quality toys
just to name a few. hopefully this trend will stop in a few years
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1408313)
Posted by ScottyP on August 8th, 2012 @ 2:03pm CDT
I should get some better pictures later, but for the meantime... (hopefully Twitter doesn't mind the hotlinking)

Image

Laying the figure down produces a much better "base mode", and it helps that there are mystery joints in the feet that allow them (with some force) to rotate the way they do. A little bit of Shoulder articulation to allow the standing platforms to function in base mode would have been great, but it just ain't there!
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1408389)
Posted by DISCHARGE on August 8th, 2012 @ 7:10pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:I should get some better pictures later, but for the meantime... (hopefully Twitter doesn't mind the hotlinking)

Image

Laying the figure down produces a much better "base mode", and it helps that there are mystery joints in the feet that allow them (with some force) to rotate the way they do. A little bit of Shoulder articulation to allow the standing platforms to function in base mode would have been great, but it just ain't there!



Thanks for the pic. That could work nicely. I like that it seems they continue to include the linking hubs for use with older play sets(I noticed them on the Driller too).

With the hands in the position they are in and with the right gun you could simulate a tower and spire. I think this guy could be a sleeper hit down the road. Now I wish I had him. :-(
Re: TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS PRODUCT DEMO (1409060)
Posted by Flashwave on August 11th, 2012 @ 2:45am CDT
Cobalt Prime wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:yeah but imagine what this looks like to a 5 -6 year old kid
who these toys are designed for


True, but following that train of thought, why didn't they always just make lazy, crappy offerings like this since this is all it takes to impress the target audience? Why'd we have to go from stuff that adult collectors could actually appreciate to THIS after so many years? :-?

Because the above is only partially true. Hasgro has three distinctive but overlapping markets for TF. Actually four.mthey are

-rescue bots. . Targetting the young young audiences

-the. Playset market. Usually younger audience 5-8 maybe usually with small budget, and wanting something that will also interact easily with Hotwheels etc.

The action figure market. Usually either kids or adolesecnts who don't care aboutnthe playsets, find them chinsy, or too small for their tastes, or are more interested in the puzzle aspect than playability. Usually the eier end of the spectrum, like foc shoky or jazz, but not always

- the collectors. (thats most of us here)

Hasbro has to awalk a fine line, balancing its main line of toys across all three. Nothing's reallly shifted,mwe're juat seeing A decidion thatndiffers from a minority preference. And
Ets he honest, people either want Maxi as a base, or as a collector figure. There's little in between.mpersonally, I'm waiting for this to be Prime 's version of the armor Screamer has has. I applaud hasvro getting a large figure on themmarket for 30-35 buxks and not the f50-60 of similar sized recent figures. And Ive said it from the beginning as well, this figure BEGS to be kitbash fodder. if only i wasn't attachedmto Cyb. Metroplex...
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014