Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls

Sunday, December 2nd, 2012 1:54PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 19,473

Seibertron.com member joevill spotted the Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus playset at discount chain Marshalls and was kind enough to snap a pic. Marshalls has the figure priced at $24.99. Looks like Transformers Prime toys are starting to hit the discount stores.

Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls
Credit(s): joevill

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443645)
Posted by Burn on December 2nd, 2012 @ 2:37pm CST
Didn't even realise he wasn't out in the US yet. Found him here a few weeks ago, the shocking part ... scanned at the same price! AU price equaling US price? Has to be an error.

Didn't get him though, couldn't bring myself to do it. Once you see it in your hands, you can tell it's pointless.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443648)
Posted by Va'al on December 2nd, 2012 @ 2:44pm CST
I swear it's been in the UK for ages, too!
I think it's currently on discount at Argos and TRU.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443650)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on December 2nd, 2012 @ 2:49pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443651)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on December 2nd, 2012 @ 2:53pm CST
Evil_the_Nub wrote:He's been out in the US for a while, Marshalls is a discount retailer. I don't know what the regular price is, but I'm pretty sure it's more than $25.

It's usually around $30, give or take a few bucks depending on the individual retailer. $25 is barely discounted at all.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443653)
Posted by El Duque on December 2nd, 2012 @ 3:02pm CST
Yeah, this isn't it's initial sighting, just a heads up that he's showing up at the discount chains.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443655)
Posted by DISCHARGE on December 2nd, 2012 @ 3:06pm CST
I am going to assume he will show up at TJMaxx eventually for about the same.
He looks cool, but I actually like the DOTM Cyberverse playsets better than the Prime ones.
I also bet down the road there will be a repack of him with a legion(or 2) or commander class figure
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443658)
Posted by Shockwave7 on December 2nd, 2012 @ 3:23pm CST
Yep - they're at Ross and TJ Maxx as well. I gots proof. Three of them, at the TJ Maxx in Orem, Utah. It's not just a rumor folks - they're there. Go. Hunt. Buy.

I hope to see some of the TF Prime Cyberverse (scout class) figures there sometime. I wouldn't mind having a few of them, but I'm not prone to shell out $10 a pop. (I'm still used to paying that much for a DELUXE figure, thank you very much).

I agree that there's not much to this. It's essentially a fancy caddy for cyberverse figures. If they can't look good by themselves, what's the point of buying them in the first place?

I'll keep an eye out for deluxes and voyagers. I wouldn't mind a Starscream Voyager maybe, but for the time being I'm happy with my FE Deluxe.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443673)
Posted by Antron on December 2nd, 2012 @ 4:46pm CST
I saw this at TJ Max today as well. I do believe TJ Max is a Marshall's affiliate. Like Checkers/Rallys and Hardys/Carls Jr. Same place different name. I go to a couple of them pretty often and this is the first I've seen any Prime figures there.

Similar note, Kohl's by me has Prime Cyberverse and some RTS and DOTM Deluxes. Just wanted to share.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443680)
Posted by OptiMagnus on December 2nd, 2012 @ 5:05pm CST
Man...the Prime toys really do deserve the discount stores to me. I still wish Dark of the Moon had gone longer considering how well the Revenge of the Fallen spin-off lines were done. The Prime stuff just looks like it belongs in a dollar store.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443682)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on December 2nd, 2012 @ 5:34pm CST
Yeah, this seems to be shelfwarming in every big retailer that sells TFs between Ann Arbor and Detroit. Much as I loved the Metroplex and Micromaster playsets I had in my youth, those all had ramps, balconies, and distinct stations for smaller TFs to man, whereas this big guy's ambition just plain does not match his size; with most of the ports just being random areas hollowed out, he looks flimsy, like Scaffolding-Master Optimus. I believe he'll stay on shelves for years to come to serve as our most tragic reminder of the damage sky-rocketing oil prices have wrought on our sacred plastic. I cannot bash him, for I have never pitied a Transformers toy more than the ironically-named Optimus Maximus.

So yeah, not one bit surprised he's at T.J. Marshalls--er, no, I meant Tuesday Maxx.

Now, all those PRID Vehicon cases going to Aldi's? THAT's still weird over a month later. And last I checked, they were still coming in.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443696)
Posted by PrymeStriker on December 2nd, 2012 @ 7:11pm CST
Shockwave7 wrote:I hope to see some of the TF Prime Cyberverse (scout class) figures there sometime.

Surely, you mean the Commander figures. The Cyberverse line consists of Legion (legends) and Commander (scout) size classes.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443701)
Posted by YoungPrime on December 2nd, 2012 @ 7:21pm CST
SMH...They called themselves testing the waters with an underwhelming figure. Now other figures wont see light since this crap failed.

For the record, a Fortress Maximus or Metroplex design would've actually sold. Making Optimus into "everything" isn't always feasible Hasbro, get it together....

Oh and this is obviously a PASS!
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443703)
Posted by sierra-prime on December 2nd, 2012 @ 7:37pm CST
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443709)
Posted by DISCHARGE on December 2nd, 2012 @ 8:28pm CST
sierra-prime wrote:I just saw the same figure clearance priced in my local target store in Cedar Rapids, IA for $18!

Hey I'm in Marion. Where was that at? Near Westdale or Blair's Ferry? Thanks
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443722)
Posted by triKlops on December 2nd, 2012 @ 10:01pm CST
didn't know he hit the TJ/Marsh circuit yet.
the closest i have seen to a discount has been 23 in clearance at (T).
i wanted this to be cooler but i might break if it hits 15.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443723)
Posted by MrMunkeepants on December 2nd, 2012 @ 10:07pm CST
While running errands this weekend I saw Optimus Maximus at a Marshall's, a TJ Maxx, and a ROSS around Seattle.
Also, on clearance at a Target which didn't have them at all last week (that I noticed).

Since this is the only TFPrime item that has been seen at these kinds of discount stores, I think it's a bit disingenuous to say "TF Prime toys" when it's really just this one.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443724)
Posted by 0ptimus Prime on December 2nd, 2012 @ 10:09pm CST
I got Optimus Maximus the first time I saw him at Target for $24.99 I also got Knockout (deluxe) at the same time as it was the first time I had seen him as well. Then the next time I saw OP Max he was up to $30 and now I've seen him for $34.99. Glad I grabbed him way back when, even though I still haven't bothered to open him. If you can get him cheap, go for it. Otherwise he's not really worth it as I doubt we'll ever see it on the show.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443725)
Posted by amtm on December 2nd, 2012 @ 10:14pm CST
Antron wrote:I saw this at TJ Max today as well. I do believe TJ Max is a Marshall's affiliate. Like Checkers/Rallys and Hardys/Carls Jr. Same place different name..

That's right. They're all subsidiaries of one company called TJX. Not sure why but TJ Maxx in germany is called TK Maxx.

You'll also notice the store layout and design is basically the same for TJ Maxx, Ross, and Marshall's. Not even sure why they maintain threee brands since there's no real difference.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1443744)
Posted by MarkNL on December 3rd, 2012 @ 12:28am CST
It's been for sale in the Netherlands for a while now.
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1444131)
Posted by rpetras on December 4th, 2012 @ 12:04pm CST
amtm wrote:Not even sure why they maintain three brands since there's no real difference.

They have 3 levels of discount pricing, at least on their clothing.
One is the "expensive" discount store, one is the "cheap" one, one is in-between. At least that is how my wife explained it to me. I don't recall which is which.

For toys they run about the same prices, but their toy departments exist mainly as a way to quiet whining kids.

As it just so happens, I can ignore this craptacular waste of plastic equally at all three. :D
Re: Transformers Prime Cyberverse Optimus Maximus Spotted at Marshalls (1444295)
Posted by skywarp55 on December 4th, 2012 @ 11:24pm CST
Huge pass for me. It would be useless seeing as I do not collect legion figures. I like the commanders but I prefer deluxes, voyagers, ect. The figure just looks kinda hollow. Anyways that a good $20 to $30 I could be using on other things like voyager Hotspot. SW55 out

All hail Megatron! :CON: