Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed

Thursday, August 30th, 2012 8:17PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 15,870

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Many thanks to Seibertron.com member Azrail for providing us with some images of the alternate head revealed on Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble instruction sheet. Check out his images below, including a couple of in-hand images for comparative purposes. A new character? An Asian market exclusive? Discuss in the Energon Pub!

Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed

Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed

Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed

Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed

Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed
Credit(s): Azrail
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415126)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 30th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CDT
Newest Rumble mold, new head, ummmm...he's the one Cody pilots!

No, wait...
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415127)
Posted by Savage on August 30th, 2012 @ 8:23pm CDT
Aside from the bat Optimus Primal vibe I'm getting from that head, it seems vaguely familiar, but I just can't remember from where. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415129)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on August 30th, 2012 @ 8:27pm CDT
Frenzy, despite the fact this new head looks more like Rumble. GAH!!! I'm doing the Frenzy/Rumble arguement now!!!
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415133)
Posted by Manterax Prime on August 30th, 2012 @ 8:36pm CDT
Godzillabot Primal wrote:Frenzy, despite the fact this new head looks more like Rumble. GAH!!! I'm doing the Frenzy/Rumble arguement now!!!


Pretty sure it's Frenzy and he's gonna be red. Ever since G1, every single incarnation of Rumbe (SG not included) has been blue, therefore hasbro has settled the RIBFIR conflict for us. So yeah, Rumble Is Blue Frenzy Is Red, and that's that.

Alternators Rumble doen't count either.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415136)
Posted by PrymeStriker on August 30th, 2012 @ 8:43pm CDT
I'll say Frenzy. Although I may or may not buy Frenzy, depending on how they do the color scheme.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415139)
Posted by TulioDude on August 30th, 2012 @ 8:53pm CDT
Transformers Prime Optimus Minor


Manterax Prime wrote:
Godzillabot Primal wrote:Frenzy, despite the fact this new head looks more like Rumble. GAH!!! I'm doing the Frenzy/Rumble arguement now!!!


Pretty sure it's Frenzy and he's gonna be red. Ever since G1, every single incarnation of Rumbe (SG not included) has been blue, therefore hasbro has settled the RIBFIR conflict for us. So yeah, Rumble Is Blue Frenzy Is Red, and that's that.

Alternators Rumble doen't count either.


Nope.
http://www.tfu.info/1984/Decepticon/Rumble/rumble.htm
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415140)
Posted by six6dbl5321 on August 30th, 2012 @ 8:58pm CDT
I hate to say it... The eyes and the upper part of the head sculpt is Grimlock. There is no way they would use this mold for Grimlock (they better not!); but it is Grimlock's head with a mouth.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415145)
Posted by datguy86 on August 30th, 2012 @ 9:31pm CDT
Judging by the head, it's secretly Batman and we're seeing a JLA/Prime crossover. Huzzah!

In reality, probably another FIRRIB/FIBRIR argument.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415165)
Posted by Manterax Prime on August 30th, 2012 @ 11:30pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:Transformers Prime Optimus Minor


Manterax Prime wrote:
Godzillabot Primal wrote:Frenzy, despite the fact this new head looks more like Rumble. GAH!!! I'm doing the Frenzy/Rumble arguement now!!!


Pretty sure it's Frenzy and he's gonna be red. Ever since G1, every single incarnation of Rumbe (SG not included) has been blue, therefore hasbro has settled the RIBFIR conflict for us. So yeah, Rumble Is Blue Frenzy Is Red, and that's that.

Alternators Rumble doen't count either.


Nope.
http://www.tfu.info/1984/Decepticon/Rumble/rumble.htm


I meant AFTER G1 buddie, G1 toy is invalid.

I'll even rephrase my point for clarification. Ever since G1 ended every single incarnation of Rumble, excluding Alternators and SG, has been blue.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415167)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 30th, 2012 @ 11:40pm CDT
i thought the head looks almost like darkwing
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415188)
Posted by AdamPrime on August 31st, 2012 @ 3:35am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:I meant AFTER G1 buddie, G1 toy is invalid.

I'll even rephrase my point for clarification. Ever since G1 ended every single incarnation of Rumble, excluding Alternators and SG, has been blue.


Um, I don't see your point, either. Why "exclude" any Rumble toys at all? It's like saying Optimus Prime has always been a fire engine, excluding G1, G2, Armada, Energon, Movie and Prime. The statement becomes true. Why not just let everyone decide:


G1 Rumble (& reissues) = Red.
Alternators = Red.
Music Label = Red.
United = Red.
Robot Heroes = Red.

Prime = Blue.

I can't think of any other Rumble toys. Hasbro planned (apparently) to release the United mold in blue, but seeing as they never actually released it, I hesitate to include it.

Back on topic, this new toy looks a little like Boss, I think. :D
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415189)
Posted by AdamPrime on August 31st, 2012 @ 3:42am CDT
Yeah, it's Boss! 8)


So strange, this first Rumble's colouration matches Boss's quite well! Even down to the yellow highlights. The red windscreen and teal plastic almost make it look like an homage. But surely, this new head mold will be coloured differently?

Image
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415347)
Posted by XDMan on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:22pm CDT
This could be a possible Frenzy redeco.

Now they are going to be better brothers then Bay's so called Twins.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415351)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 31st, 2012 @ 12:30pm CDT
AdamPrime wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:I meant AFTER G1 buddie, G1 toy is invalid.

I'll even rephrase my point for clarification. Ever since G1 ended every single incarnation of Rumble, excluding Alternators and SG, has been blue.


Um, I don't see your point, either. Why "exclude" any Rumble toys at all? It's like saying Optimus Prime has always been a fire engine, excluding G1, G2, Armada, Energon, Movie and Prime. The statement becomes true. Why not just let everyone decide:


G1 Rumble (& reissues) = Red.
Alternators = Red.
Music Label = Red.
United = Red.

Robot Heroes = Red.

Prime = Blue.

I can't think of any other Rumble toys. Hasbro planned (apparently) to release the United mold in blue, but seeing as they never actually released it, I hesitate to include it.

Back on topic, this new toy looks a little like Boss, I think. :D


Better leave the Japan-only toys out of it, as Takara has always been fairly consistent with their colors (down to correcting the original cartoon "error" by switching their names in the Japanese dub). But I digress...

While I wouldn't rule out Frenzy, may I point out that the two haven't been together in a single Hasbro line since G1 ended?
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415367)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 31st, 2012 @ 1:07pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:
I meant AFTER G1 buddie, G1 toy is invalid.

I'll even rephrase my point for clarification. Ever since G1 ended every single incarnation of Rumble, excluding Alternators and SG, has been blue.


So every Rumble has been blue, except for the ones that you're choosing to exclude because they don't support your argument. :-? That's an interesting debate tactic. Let me try: "All dogs are black. Let me rephrase that. Aside from the brown dogs, white dogs, gray dogs, and multicolored dogs, which are all invalid, all dogs are black."
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415373)
Posted by Manterax Prime on August 31st, 2012 @ 1:21pm CDT
The ones list by AdamPrime are all different versions of the G1 incarnation of Rumble in TOY FORM, any other Rumble that is not related to the G1 continuity, minus SG Rumble because naturaly he'd be red unlike his G1 cartoon counterpart, has been blue in toy form. Even ROTF Rumble was blue, and he was a rhino. From the comics. WFC Rumble was also blue. Still wanna argue?

Plus, Generations Rumble was gonna be blue. I'm telling you Hasbro settled this already.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415379)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 31st, 2012 @ 1:37pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Still wanna argue?


What's the point? You willfully ignore anything that doesn't support your argument. >:oP
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415430)
Posted by Gearslide on August 31st, 2012 @ 4:59pm CDT
Wait, why are people arguing about this?

Who cares what color Rumble has been before?

In the Transformers: Prime line, Rumble is blue. Forget about anything else. If he was red before, then he was red then! If he was blue, he was blue then! If he was some hideous shade of magenta, then he was some hideous shade of magenta! But this Rumble is blue.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415434)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 31st, 2012 @ 5:11pm CDT
From Transformers Wikia
"It was Hasbro's intent that Rumble be black and red, and Frenzy be two shades of blue. These color schemes are used in the toyline, Marvel Comics and many storybooks and ancillary media from the early years of Generation One, and naturally, it was intended for the cartoon series to render the characters in this manner as well (as proven by the show's production bible, which identifies Rumble as the "red robot"). However, as a result of some unspecified error somewhere in production, the two robots had their color schemes swapped, leaving the animated incarnation of Rumble blue, and Frenzy red."

YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID. YOU CAN HAVE IT EITHER WAY!
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1415439)
Posted by Manterax Prime on August 31st, 2012 @ 5:26pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:From Transformers Wikia
"It was Hasbro's intent that Rumble be black and red, and Frenzy be two shades of blue. These color schemes are used in the toyline, Marvel Comics and many storybooks and ancillary media from the early years of Generation One, and naturally, it was intended for the cartoon series to render the characters in this manner as well (as proven by the show's production bible, which identifies Rumble as the "red robot"). However, as a result of some unspecified error somewhere in production, the two robots had their color schemes swapped, leaving the animated incarnation of Rumble blue, and Frenzy red."

YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID. YOU CAN HAVE IT EITHER WAY!



An even better point.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1417514)
Posted by Seibertron on September 6th, 2012 @ 12:20pm CDT
I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't dealt with this issue via some fiction which would easily remedy this problem.

"As Decepticon brothers forged from the same mold, Rumble and Frenzy each possess the same abilities. While Rumble prefers to use his piledrivers, Frenzy prefers to shatter audio receptors. Their ability to change the color of their bodies at will causes confusion amongst their Autobot enemies as well as their Decepticon comrades."


Or something along those lines. Problem solved. Everyone's happy.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1417526)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 6th, 2012 @ 1:07pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't dealt with this issue via some fiction which would easily remedy this problem.

"As Decepticon brothers forged from the same mold, Rumble and Frenzy each possess the same abilities. While Rumble prefers to use his piledrivers, Frenzy prefers to shatter audio receptors. Their ability to change the color of their bodies at will causes confusion amongst their Autobot enemies as well as their Decepticon comrades."


Or something along those lines. Problem solved. Everyone's happy.


Wouldnt work with some fans. They would still say things like "Well, I meant before Hasbro made that color changing thing up" Example:
Manterax Prime wrote:
I meant AFTER G1 buddie, G1 toy is invalid.

I'll even rephrase my point for clarification. Ever since G1 ended every single incarnation of Rumble, excluding Alternators and SG, has been blue.


It's a never ending argument that's as pointless as metal pan handles. No matter how you choose to approach it, your going to get burnt.
Re: Transformers Prime Deluxe Rumble Alternate Head Revealed (1417665)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on September 6th, 2012 @ 10:45pm CDT
Im sure the problem started in the G1 cartoon, it's probably hard to keep track of 2 different guys with the same character model while drawing... The red one has been called both Frenzy and Rumble in the show...

Then I guess hasbro also forgot who was intended to be who, since we ended up with red alternators rumble and a blue RTS rumble...

I personally believe Rumble is blue. :grin:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014