Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed

Thursday, July 21st, 2011 10:46PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News
Posted by: Diem   Views: 82,048

Be warned, there are spoilers to be found here. Thanks to IGN's interview with Robert Orci and other members of the Prime staff we know now that in the future Transformers: Prime will include:

Combiners

Combiners? After some hemming and hawing from the panel, one of the producers said decisively, "We'll have Combiners, don't you worry."

Dinobots

Dinobots? "Those characters are part of our long-term plan,"

And thanks to a video from SDCC we get to see the next big villain of Transformers: Prime, what appears to be Unicron!

***SPOILER WARNING***

You can see the full interview by clicking on the picture above.

For up-to-the-minute Transformers news from SDCC stick with Seibertron.com!
Credit(s): IGN, starscreamprime1010
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264106)
Posted by Covenant on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:01pm CDT
Diem wrote:And it was written in the Covenant of Primus that when the 47 Spheres align a perpetual conflict will culminate upon a world forged from chaos...

[spoiler]Combiners[/spoiler]

[quote][spoiler]Combiners?[/spoiler] After some hemming and hawing from the panel, one of the producers said decisively, "We'll have [spoiler]Combiners[/spoiler], don't you worry."

[spoiler]Dinobots[/spoiler]

[quote][spoiler]Dinobots?[/spoiler] "Those characters are part of our long-term plan,"[/quote]

And thanks to a video from SDCC we get to see the next big villain of Transformers: Prime, what appears to be [spoiler]Unicron![/spoiler][/quote]

I just LOVE TF: Prime, one of my son & I's fave shows to watch together (right up there with Generator Rex). And every grayed out spoiler you just mentioned has ME giddy.

I must now debate with myself on whether or not to tell the boy. Do I hype him up, or let him be shocked. I'm thinking shocked my be decent. :)
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264107)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:02pm CDT
If this is indeed Unicron, it looks like he will actually speak unlike Mr "I will stand here and be shot at" from the Unicron trilogy. Instant plus. Dinobots and Combiners, woohoo. Here is hoping the Constructicons and the Stunticons feature so we can get new toys, please (prays to the all mighty Primus).
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264108)
Posted by Leviathan on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:04pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264112)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:16pm CDT
!!!!!!!!
CULT!
:twisted:

That character looks like scourge... but who knows.
TF: Prime is finally one of the closest TV representations of Transformers that I've ever wanted.
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264117)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:22pm CDT
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Love it.
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264120)
Posted by First-Aid on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:26pm CDT
Holy crap! how did they get footage of me when I wake up in the morning?!?!? :twisted: :twisted:

In all seriously, Prime may be the best TF cartoon since Beast Wars. If this is where they are going, it's nothing but Epic Win buried in mounds of nice, juicy awesomesauce.
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264121)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:26pm CDT
Leviathan wrote::shock: :HALUC: Oh... my... god! That little bit with the robot saying "I awaken" was AMAZING! I don't care if that was just a sneak peak and we have to wait about a year, but that was AWESOME!!! If that is not Unicron, the only logical (and most obvious) choice for him to be would be the Fallen. From a person who wants to go into the Voice-Acting Business, that part with him talking was done brilliantly, and he only said two words! This entire article made my love for TF: Prime go up by 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%! Then you add combiners and the Dinobots, which increases it by another 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%! I know people are going to tell me to cool it or shut it, but this made my day.

Oh, really? You want to get into voice acting? You should message me some time. I've been a professional voice actor for almost four years now. As far as being Unicron, I have some doubts. Unicron's eyes have always been green and if he's the size of a planet, why is he dormant in a volcano? Plus, we never fully see the horns. Perhaps this is the TF Prime version of Movie Sentinel. Looks Alpha Trion-y to me too which doesn't make any sense. Very very cool though. Looking forward to season 2!!!
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264126)
Posted by TulioDude on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:34pm CDT
Cool! 8)
Looks promising.
i guess het is The Fallen.
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264128)
Posted by Sunspot on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:35pm CDT
eww, not dinobots.
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264133)
Posted by WarzoneBeta on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:38pm CDT
Time to change my pants...

*One SailorMoon transformation and hundreds of mentally scared people later*

I am now wearing my "Epic Time" pants, also known as the pants so neon rainbow its against the Geneva Convention and dictators even deem them to brutal to show people. I have been waiting for a chance to finally pull them out...thanks Hasbro and The Prime Staff.

I also have this feeling that an idea I had and wished for them to use is about to become a reality. Unicron might be the creator of Earth and its lifeforms, since he is after all chaos itself and Earth was "Forged" by chaos.
And the conflict may be that Unicron is defending Earth from both Autobots and Decepticons, since he'd view them all as threats to his creations.

Makes sense if read like this;
Organic Life = Evolution = Chaos(Unicron)
Robotic = Built = Order(Primus)
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264136)
Posted by Burn on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:43pm CDT
Well thank fuck for that. I was starting to get worried that TF Prime might actually contain some original material and not go back over stuff that's been done to death! All hail lack of originality!
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264137)
Posted by outerglow on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:43pm CDT
I think i just nerdgazamed all over the place!

as far as that beginning.... I'm hoping it's some sort of vision someone sees... cause I'd hate for the world to end up like that in the show lol. If it is, would be pretty awesome if Prime was the one who saw it seeing as he's the one spurting out the prophecy. YAAAAY dinobots. Was waiting on that one. I've always loved Grimlock and Prime together!
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264138)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:43pm CDT
jON3.0 wrote:As far as being Unicron, I have some doubts. Unicron's eyes have always been green
They were red in the Unicron Trilogy.

jON3.0 wrote:Perhaps this is the TF Prime version of Movie Sentinel. Looks Alpha Trion-y to me too which doesn't make any sense. Very very cool though. Looking forward to season 2!!!
Can't be Alpha Trion or Sentinel Zeta Prime. Sentinel Zeta Prime is long dead and Alpha Trion remained on Cybertron.
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264145)
Posted by Seibertron on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:49pm CDT

Unless of course, they tease that he exists and build up to the threat of him over a season or so.
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264148)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 21st, 2011 @ 11:54pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I think season 2 is WAY too early to introduce [spoiler]Unicron[/spoiler], but if done right they are more than welcome to prove me wrong. The cast is too small to face a villain that big.

I think that will be the case. They better tread carefully though, as Unicron is a very substantial foe that shouldn't be undersold. Its got to be the 11th hour/apocalypse if Unicron shows up.
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264160)
Posted by Shockwavelogical on July 22nd, 2011 @ 12:22am CDT
Just when you think this show couldn't get any better. Well at least I think that. I love the show ever since it started to air and now the toys they revealed today...well I almost had a heart attack....I really was impressed with the panel this year...so much better than last year! Since I'am a completionistm, now is the time to start making my checklist >:oP
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264169)
Posted by jON3.0 on July 22nd, 2011 @ 12:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
They were red in the Unicron Trilogy.

And now they're purple. Either way doesn't fit imo.

Sabrblade wrote:

None of that has been mentioned in THIS universe/series so I can only assume that anything goes.
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264178)
Posted by rkx on July 22nd, 2011 @ 12:59am CDT
BEST.SERIES.EVER!!!!

BEST.TOYLINE.EVER!!!

TF:PRIME = PURE AWESOME!!!!

Damn! This series just keeps getting more and more awesome! With all the new figures on the way, as well as the bits and pieces we getting regarding story and future transformers to be included... this is definitely gonna be the best TF series ever! Hope they continue to handle the series and franchise and characters in an appropriate and epic manner!

Long live TF:Prime!!!

Does anyone besides me hope for more than the 3 seasons we're gettin??? I wouldn't mind a season 4 and 5 if they can continue delivering a quality product!
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264180)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 22nd, 2011 @ 1:04am CDT
The show sucks so far and i doubt unicron & dinobots will fix it. It might make it somewhat watchable but i doubt it
Re: Transformers: Prime Future Characters Revealed (1264181)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on July 22nd, 2011 @ 1:06am CDT
jON3.0 wrote:

Man, there's been a lot of people on the boards lately who think because something happens in one version it must carry over to all versions (ie. TFP zombie Cliffjumper v. Bayverse resurrected Megatron). Of course, that said Unicron's eye colour does seem a spurious argument as well. #justsaying ;)

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial