Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview

Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview

Monday, September 6th, 2010 7:26PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Comic Book News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 70,336

The upcoming Transformers: Prime cartoon will be getting it's own Graphic Novel in October, and thanks the Amazon.com listing for it, we've got a little preview of the 96 page book! Check out some of the pages below, while the rest can be seen over at Amazon!

Transformers: Prime
Mike Johnson (w) • E.J. Su, Allan Jefferson, David Daza, Joe St. Pierre (a)
This all-new graphic novel adventure leads directly into the hotly anticipated TRANSFORMERS PRIME animated series! In this epic first adventure, battles across CYBERTRON have left CLIFFJUMPER and his fellow AUTOBOTS in desperate need of help against the threat of MEGATRON and the evil DECEPTICONS. What is it that leads them from war-torn CYBERTRON across the galaxy to Earth? Find out in this special feature-length story!

TPB • FC • $9.99 • 96 Pages • 5” x 7” • ISBN:978-1-60010-832-7
Expected in-store date: October 20, 2010

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Amazon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122078)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on September 6th, 2010 @ 7:37pm CDT
Holy Crap Starscream looks EVIL!!! :shock:
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122082)
Posted by SlyTF1 on September 6th, 2010 @ 7:40pm CDT
Holy mother! I hope Starscream suprises me in the first episode as much as he did in Animated when he turned out to be ruthless! That is when I began to love Animated. The artwork looks like if Animated was transwarped to the movieverse's multiverse.
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122101)
Posted by craggy on September 6th, 2010 @ 8:28pm CDT
Cliff looks pretty demonic there, but he's seriously lacking big guns. I'm talking 1992 Cable style 3 times as big as he is guns. Give the little guy a break Cybertron Rifle Association!
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122111)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on September 6th, 2010 @ 8:46pm CDT
Oh just wait....they upgraded him from midget to Ahnold!!! The guns will come soon, then the over masculined Cliffjumper will truly be born!!! Seriously though, I like that they turned him into one of the bigger bots instead of the smaller ones.
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122114)
Posted by Aeravon on September 6th, 2010 @ 8:59pm CDT
Hrm... How can they refer to it as a "hit" when it hasn't even debuted yet? A bit premature and self aggrandizing. Let's see... if the graphic novel isn't out yet, and the text was pre-written for release after the series began to air...

:shock: IDW employs time travelers whose specific jobs it is to go forward in time, take Neilson ratings from Hasbro programs, then travel back so that their partners can write accurate boasts ahead of time! Genius!
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122115)
Posted by sabrigami on September 6th, 2010 @ 9:15pm CDT
Starscream looks really cool here. I am actually really digging this book. I might have to check it out. The art looks kinda boss.
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122119)
Posted by PointZero on September 6th, 2010 @ 9:24pm CDT
Wow... if that's Starscream up there, which it really looks like it is, I think I'm going to love this series.

Ah, I'm so excited now! Between this and the badass Ratchet design, this show at least looks cool!
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122123)
Posted by lowman_x on September 6th, 2010 @ 9:39pm CDT
I think I might like this...

I wonder who the big guy is standing behind Ratchet in the Starscream pic? It's hard to make out but could it be a new Ironhide? He's big and burly whoever he is...
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122124)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 6th, 2010 @ 9:55pm CDT
lowman_x wrote:I think I might like this...

[color=teal]
It's Bulkhead.[/color]
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122127)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 6th, 2010 @ 10:11pm CDT
Added a few more pages..
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122128)
Posted by Sky-Quake on September 6th, 2010 @ 10:12pm CDT
okay now I really want a toyline of prime more specificlly STARSCREAM! I'm definately picking this book up as CliffJumper is a favourite of mine and Starscream is my alltime favourite character
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122154)
Posted by Chaoslock on September 7th, 2010 @ 1:52am CDT
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122155)
Posted by Rodimus the Prime on September 7th, 2010 @ 1:58am CDT
I'm not feeling this, man; Cliffjumper looks like the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man with a helmet and armor on, and Arcee is his skinny, little Stay Puft sister. #-o
Starscream looks okay, but man do I ever miss the classic Transformer look.
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122158)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 7th, 2010 @ 2:06am CDT
Chaoslock wrote:Am I the only one who looked on the cover, and couldn't decide whether the blue tf was supposed to be TFA Jetstorm or Blurr?

[color=teal]
Blurr? I call shenanigans. [/color]
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122169)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on September 7th, 2010 @ 3:11am CDT
Blurrz wrote:

[color=teal]
Blurr? I call shenanigans. [/color]

I second those shenanigans!!
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122188)
Posted by Adimus Prime on September 7th, 2010 @ 5:28am CDT
I do like their new looks, well at least their bodies. But their heads do look way too cartoony. If only they would give them something more G1 in their faces. I like the movieverse look that it being experimented with again here in the latest TF incarnation: Prime.

That's my biggest qualm, their cartoony faces.

Arcee is apparently not the Arcee we all know. She almost reminds me of an Autobot Blackarachnia here just from those snippets. She's cool but this is likely the case with most of the characters. They will be almost totally new personalities along with the new bodies. Let's see how they do.
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122198)
Posted by munkimus prime on September 7th, 2010 @ 6:38am CDT
I like the new look that TF Prime is taking. Though Starscream looks like Dr Nefarious from the Ratchet and Clank games. Which isn't a bad thing at all.

All I can say now is bring on TF Prime.
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122202)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 7th, 2010 @ 7:29am CDT

i feel sorry for hasbro. they will have to come up with new designs to make toys. because these dont make sense.
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122213)
Posted by Jesterhead on September 7th, 2010 @ 8:16am CDT
This pleases me.
Re: Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel Preview (1122229)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on September 7th, 2010 @ 9:07am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:the transformations are going to be bs and make no sense just like beast machines. look at rc for example. she turns into a bike? dont think so.

How does Arcee transforming into a bike make no sense? Considering the fact that they (TFs) can transform into just about anything, I don't know if BS transformations really exists. Unless you mean she's supposed to be a car, like in G1, which I could understand being upset with, but she has been a bike before. Or do you mean that there's no "I obviously turn into a bike" style robot mode that displays her bike parts more prevalently? Either way, I think BS transformations is a bit of a reach...

I'm actually liking these designs the more I see them. And regardless of the looks and aesthetics of the show, I just pray for a good coherent story and compelling characters. I know, wishful thinking.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars Victorion Torchbearers Boxed Set. - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 58 minutes 25 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS IRONHIDE New in Box (XLO 316) - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 58 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers 1989 C-327 VICTORY LEO G1 TAKARA Rare! - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 46 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Generations WHEELJACK - sealed MOSC Deluxe figure Classics - Time Remaining: 1 day 23 hours 46 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Universe Lugnut Decepticon Reveal the Shield MISB TF:Animated - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 47 minutes 40 seconds
VINTAGE* (OG) 1986 JAPANESE "TRANSFORMERS" PREDAKING-TANTRUM D-76  METAL BODY! - Time Remaining: 8 days 9 hours 47 minutes 46 seconds
Vintage G2 Transformers Megatron Go-bots MOSC and IronHide MOSC LOT OF 2 LOOK! - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 51 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Generations Autobot Intel Ops Blaster and Perceptor NIB - Time Remaining: 28 days 21 hours 52 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive