Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs

Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs

Thursday, February 6th, 2014 8:53AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 14,787

Here’s an interesting bit Tranformers: Prime merchandise. From the German Kinder Egg website, there is a news piece that gives a little information about a line of Transformers: Prime surprise eggs. Pictures of the packages show how to put the figures together, and it appears that they’ll be sold in a blind package two pack, which will consist of one guaranteed Transformer figure,and will have another random surprise figure. The package depicts five different figures on the back (Bulkhead, Starscream, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Arcee,) while the set will consist of more figures than just those. According to the site, the full set will include the five listed above, as well as Soundwave, Megatron, and Ratchet. They are already available on eBay (German).Check out pictures of package art, as well as a shot of Bumblebee, below.

Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs

Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs

Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs

Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs
Credit(s): eierlei.de
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548303)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 6th, 2014 @ 9:00am CST

Gotta say I kinda like these, the gear thing is kinda weird, but these special collections are usually really nice. I may try and snag a set of these just for the novelty of having Ü-Eier TFs :D
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548306)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on February 6th, 2014 @ 9:04am CST
Dead Metal wrote:Justa as a heads up, the 2-Pack does not mean you're getting two TFPrime figures. These packs simply guarantee that you'll get one of the special figures, in this case the TF:Prime line, plus one random figure, which in very rare cases can be another TF.

Thank you much!! I will correct the article to clarify that.
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548311)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 6th, 2014 @ 9:24am CST
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548314)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 6th, 2014 @ 9:34am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:Will these still come inside a chocolate egg, or is this just a toy packaged alone?

I'd say they're still inside the egg, as per tradition. As such I don't see them being sold in the US, but I will keep my eye out for them in The Netherlands.
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548317)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 6th, 2014 @ 9:40am CST

Also, I read recently that they ARE going to start selling them in the U.S.! I forget where I read it, but apparently they worked something out between the manufacturer and the FDA or something. Don't know when it's going to happen though, so it may not affect this line.

EDIT: OK, so it seems they are NOT going to be selling Kinder Eggs in the U.S. Rather, someone in the U.S. found a way to make a similar product that's legal. Also, sounds like you can't import them. It's actually illegal to do so. http://gawker.com/5990806/us-ban-on-kin ... fted-kinda
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548319)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 6th, 2014 @ 9:44am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I wonder if they can be imported into the U.S.? Could BBTS or RobotKingdom sell them, for example?

Google is your friend:

They’re legal! An American version of the beloved Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs is now FDA-approved from the NY Daily.

This happened a year ago, mind you and they've been rebranded.
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548320)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 6th, 2014 @ 9:49am CST
Wow, "smuggling" Kinder Eggs into the U.S. is serious business, yo!

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/Se ... 85596.html
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548322)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 6th, 2014 @ 9:53am CST

Yea, it's illegal to import them to the US, but that goes for the complete thing. But say, you remove the chocolate and import only the toy, well, then you should be a OK!
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548326)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 6th, 2014 @ 10:02am CST
Had a look at those ebay listings and apparently these aren't an actual product yet, they're currently just being tested and are therefore super hard to come by since well they're just in a few stores to test the market for them.
This is going to be insane to get complete.

Edit:
Oh god, the comments on that egg news forum are utterly hilarious, they're like us!

"Ruined forever", "ugly crap nobody wants", "the egg figures used to be awesome, this sucks", "what kind of idiots wants these stupid Transformers", "again a stupid Transformers series", "guys, these things are meant for kids and not adult collectors", "kids these days are dumb", kids would rather have a funny Happy Hippo figure to play with than this".

:lol:

Yea, I guess this series is doomed. So far the only one of them I can't find on ebay is Optimus, but I gotta say, the actual product looks terrible in hand:
$_57.JPG
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548351)
Posted by Bouncy X on February 6th, 2014 @ 11:17am CST
kinder eggs were illegal in america? wow....thats nuts, here in canada we have them everywhere. in fact my girlfriend knows how much i love them and got me a bag full of them for my birthday, one representing each year...i'm over 30 so that was a lot. lol

so i'll keep an eye on these being available here!!!

so why were/are they illegal there anyway?
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548357)
Posted by LordTwann on February 6th, 2014 @ 11:33am CST
They are illegal but not impossible to get in America. If you live in/around a major city try specialty candy shops, preferably ones that have a large selection of European candies. If you ask for them (and they feel comfortable that you're not a narc) they often have them outside of view, under the counter or in a back room. Do note that they can be expensive this way, sometimes $2 each, and I'd be surprised if they had these specialty packs.

I usually just buy a couple cases when I can make it up to Canada. Though that's not a reasonable alternative for most folks.
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548359)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 6th, 2014 @ 11:38am CST
If you're caught bringing them over the border from Canada, you can be fined $2,500 per egg. Not really worth it for some cheap chocolate and a cheap toy.
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548371)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 6th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CST
Bouncy X wrote:so why were/are they illegal there anyway?

Because of a 1930's law that bans non-consumable items in consumable items, for instance a hacksaw in a birthday cake. It's still in effect today.
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548398)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 6th, 2014 @ 1:27pm CST
Hm, I've not gotten a kinder surprise egg in a while. Glad I live in Canada! :D
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548428)
Posted by craggy on February 6th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Bouncy X wrote:so why were/are they illegal there anyway?

but how else am I supposed to escape from this late 1800s jail?!
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548435)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 6th, 2014 @ 3:37pm CST
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548455)
Posted by craggy on February 6th, 2014 @ 5:11pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:I think they were more concerned with kids choking on toys than they were with people baking hacksaws into cakes. (I don't think this law would cover what you bake in your own kitchen anyway, and helping prisoners escape was already illegal.)

you're a real spoilsport. or at least a pin-pointer.
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548540)
Posted by Mykltron on February 7th, 2014 @ 4:33am CST
What's with the giant cog thing? It makes Bee look fat and the skinny figures like they#ve got a circular saw blade stuck through them.
Re: Transformers: Prime Kinder Eggs (1548578)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 7th, 2014 @ 8:53am CST
craggy wrote:

you're a real spoilsport. or at least a pin-pointer.

Sorry. I can be like that sometimes.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip