Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip

Transformers News: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip

Friday, September 14th, 2012 9:24PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,262

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of Allen S. Harvey Jr. we have the first promo clip for next week's episode of Transformers Prime "Legacy". Check out the preview clip embedded below:

Credit(s): Allen S. Harvey Jr., daimchoc
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1420365)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 14th, 2012 @ 9:28pm CDT
If the relic is an Omega Key, then this could be the start of the lead up to the season 2 finale.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1420366)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 14th, 2012 @ 9:29pm CDT
This is going to be one doosey of an episode.

I see Bulkhead made a full-ass recovery (like it wasn't hinted here in The Human Factor).


Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :BANG_HEAD:

Wimpy writers. :-(
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1420441)
Posted by TransFunctional on September 15th, 2012 @ 3:38am CDT
I also heard that Jack was getting paired with a new Autobot, and from the looks of things it's going to be Smokescreen. I wonder why he isn't with RC anymore. Lover's quarrel? She found someone better, and dumped him?
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1420444)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 15th, 2012 @ 3:57am CDT
TransFunctional wrote:I also heard that Jack was getting paired with a new Autobot, and from the looks of things it's going to be Smokescreen. I wonder why he isn't with RC anymore. Lover's quarrel? She found someone better, and dumped him?

Because Smokescreen doesn't know shit about Earth. There's a reason Jack gave Smokey a tour. Jack's going to show the new guy the ropes, best assumption given.

Although, this discussion is rather old by this point. Last we spoke of this was, what, a week ago? Because we all pretty much agree on this concept.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1420455)
Posted by griftimus prime on September 15th, 2012 @ 6:42am CDT
uh oh. i guess the insecticon is going to kill the kid
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1420460)
Posted by Justanormalguy on September 15th, 2012 @ 7:32am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:uh oh. i guess the insecticon is going to kill the kid


Nah, that would be too violent for a "kid's" show. (I find the weweweweee noises that the insecticons make annoying)
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1420517)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 15th, 2012 @ 12:23pm CDT
Justanormalguy wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:uh oh. i guess the insecticon is going to kill the kid


Nah, that would be too violent for a "kid's" show. (I find the weweweweee noises that the insecticons make annoying)


Is it weird that after trying to do that once I was able to do the Insecticon Battlecry perfectly?! :shock:

:lol:
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1420535)
Posted by Justanormalguy on September 15th, 2012 @ 1:07pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Justanormalguy wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:uh oh. i guess the insecticon is going to kill the kid


Nah, that would be too violent for a "kid's" show. (I find the weweweweee noises that the insecticons make annoying)


Is it weird that after trying to do that once I was able to do the Insecticon Battlecry perfectly?! :shock:

:lol:


Cool. I can mimic various quotes from the cartoons. I'm best at the "Soundwave superior, Constructicons inferior" quote. :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1420568)
Posted by XDMan on September 15th, 2012 @ 3:15pm CDT
Does anyone think the heartbeats in the end of the CM is useful?
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421282)
Posted by Ironhide/Starscream on September 17th, 2012 @ 9:43pm CDT
Justanormalguy wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Justanormalguy wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:uh oh. i guess the insecticon is going to kill the kid


Nah, that would be too violent for a "kid's" show. (I find the weweweweee noises that the insecticons make annoying)


Is it weird that after trying to do that once I was able to do the Insecticon Battlecry perfectly?! :shock:

:lol:


Cool. I can mimic various quotes from the cartoons. I'm best at the "Soundwave superior, Constructicons inferior" quote. :lol:

I can do Soundwaves voice TOO good. Also i think everyone can do the: "Me Grimlock ___________."
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421538)
Posted by Archanubis on September 18th, 2012 @ 4:20pm CDT
Justanormalguy wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:uh oh. i guess the insecticon is going to kill the kid


Nah, that would be too violent for a "kid's" show.

Already pulled that one in "One Shall Fall" with Raff (though he survived). Though it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to pull that again.

And I think the Insecticon chasing Jack is the scene I mistook for Silas/Breakdown chasing Jack. After the last episode, I think it's pretty clear Silas/Cylas is pretty much dead.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421827)
Posted by noodles2go on September 19th, 2012 @ 3:32pm CDT
iO9 posted an extended clip for Legacy today. Looks like it's gonna be good!

http://io9.com/5944653/watch-transformers-prime-take-on-the-sword-in-the-stone
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421831)
Posted by El Duque on September 19th, 2012 @ 3:40pm CDT
io9.com has posted an exclusive preview clip from this week's all new episode of Transformers Prime "Legacy". Click here to view the clip, and be sure to tune into the Hub this Friday at 7:00 PM ET.

When the Autobots and Decepticons encounter a super-powerful sword that needs to be pulled out of a stone, who's going to claim its awesome power? Megatron? Smokescreen? Now, at last, we get to see what it would be like if the legend of King Arthur was restaged with giant transforming robots and pew-pew lasers.


Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421836)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 19th, 2012 @ 3:53pm CDT
Just saw the link to the promo. Thanks to the video we saw earlier though, we all know optimus gets it, and swings it around in circles...

Hey, when are they going to start saying "Hey, I know we hid shit on other planets, but what the hell?"
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421839)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 19th, 2012 @ 3:55pm CDT
Star......Saber????

Did he just say....Star Saber!?!??!!


I love this ****ing show! :D
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421846)
Posted by Bubbah on September 19th, 2012 @ 4:41pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Star......Saber????

Did he just say....Star Saber!?!??!!


I love this ****ing show! :D

yes.... YES... a thousand times YES!!!! :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421870)
Posted by MasterSoundBlaster on September 19th, 2012 @ 5:49pm CDT
Okay,THIS is definatly going to be a good episode.

Anyone else kinda wanting to see Smokescreen go one v. one with Knockout?
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421878)
Posted by Gundamu on September 19th, 2012 @ 6:17pm CDT
Season two just gets better and better. I've already got my half seat ready cause I'll only need the edge! =P~
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421880)
Posted by nikkinavarro on September 19th, 2012 @ 6:30pm CDT
This is gonna be a great episode. And YES!!! They put the StarSaber in! :grin: I can't wait till Friday. The rest of season 2 is gonna be great.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421882)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2012 @ 6:34pm CDT
I was really, REALLY hoping it wasn't gonna be the Star Saber, as the novels felt like they already had some BIG plans for that sword, and with this show being the one to go into it, that means that Optimus just GIVES UP looking for the sword only for it to turn up on the planet he happens to be on millions and millions of years later by pure coincidence! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

What's the moral of the story, kids? Looking hard for something with persistence is no way to find what you're seek. But if you just give up and take a more passive attitude to things, what you're looking for is bound to just "pop up" in your own backyard in a few million years. >:oP

And wasn't the sword broken up?
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421888)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 19th, 2012 @ 6:58pm CDT
damn. smokescreen has some skillz.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421903)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 19th, 2012 @ 7:48pm CDT
But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421908)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:04pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Pfft. 'Course not, silly. Why would it do such a thing? :P

But seriously, this is what it (is supposed to) looks like.

Image
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421911)
Posted by Vectorshot on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:14pm CDT
I tell ya' the more I watch Smokescreen the more he reminds me of Hotrod!
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421912)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Pfft. 'Course not, silly. Why would it do such a thing? :P


Sarcasm, my dear Sabrblade.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421921)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:51pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Pfft. 'Course not, silly. Why would it do such a thing? :P


Sarcasm, my dear Sabrblade.
I jest.

Though, 'tis not a Minicon-based sword this time, but a Matrix-based sword. Twas forged by Solus Prime from the heart of a star, according to myth. Another myth tells of it being created from three bots to forge it, but this would likely be irreversible given the final product's design (unless all three of them were very thin blade-like bots). ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421923)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 19th, 2012 @ 8:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:But can it seperate into three bleepin' airborne Minicons?
Pfft. 'Course not, silly. Why would it do such a thing? :P


Sarcasm, my dear Sabrblade.
I jest.

Though, 'tis not a Minicon-based sword this time, but a Matrix-based sword. Twas forged by Solus Prime from the heart of a star, according to myth. Another myth tells of it being created from three bots to forge it, but this would likely be irreversible given the final product's design (unless all three of them were very thin blade-like bots). ;)


Given that the freakin' badass Arms Micron sword Is made of three pretty thin blade-like Minicons, you never know.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421924)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on September 19th, 2012 @ 9:07pm CDT
So stoked! I'm buying the Dr Wu sword after seeing this promo.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421925)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 19th, 2012 @ 9:08pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Given that the freakin' badass Arms Micron sword Is made of three pretty thin blade-like Minicons, you never know.
The Arms Micron Star Saber is formed by one of Optimus' arm guns, one of Bumblebee's twin arm blasters, and one of Ratchet's arm blades, all combined Power Rangers weapon style. I'm pretty sure that this is a different Star Saber than the one formed by their weaponized body parts.

The Star Saber I showed a pic of is the one that this one's meant to be.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421959)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on September 20th, 2012 @ 12:51am CDT
You can't go wrong with a "Sword in the Stone" and Transformers! Looks like it will be a good episode.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421994)
Posted by theRED1 on September 20th, 2012 @ 5:50am CDT
Vectorshot wrote:I tell ya' the more I watch Smokescreen the more he reminds me of Hotrod!


I agree! Ever since I first saw Smokescreen that was my thought! He even has the same crest that goes up his head that Prime has!
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1421999)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2012 @ 6:17am CDT
theRED1 wrote:
Vectorshot wrote:I tell ya' the more I watch Smokescreen the more he reminds me of Hotrod!


I agree! Ever since I first saw Smokescreen that was my thought! He even has the same crest that goes up his head that Prime has!


Five bucks says he poofs into Rodimus Prime.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422003)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:32am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
theRED1 wrote:
Vectorshot wrote:I tell ya' the more I watch Smokescreen the more he reminds me of Hotrod!


I agree! Ever since I first saw Smokescreen that was my thought! He even has the same crest that goes up his head that Prime has!


Five bucks says he poofs into Rodimus Prime.
Sorry, that title's already gonna be taken by Hot Shot.

Hasbro already made an Aligned Rodimus, but they named him "Hot Shot" so they could show how he becomes Rodimus.

At best, Smokescreen is the "Cheetor" of the group. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422018)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 20th, 2012 @ 9:11am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
theRED1 wrote:
Vectorshot wrote:I tell ya' the more I watch Smokescreen the more he reminds me of Hotrod!


I agree! Ever since I first saw Smokescreen that was my thought! He even has the same crest that goes up his head that Prime has!


Five bucks says he poofs into Rodimus Prime.


100 bucks says he's not.

Image

I win. :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422037)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on September 20th, 2012 @ 10:08am CDT
Anyone else notice how when Megatron commands the Vehicons (next to the driller) they barely reach meg's crotch? It was almost like they used the Cyberverse to Voyager scale. :lol:

But then the vehicons are the same height as Smokescreen in the next scene, and the Smokescreen-to-Megs size ratio is about a Deluxe to Voyager... as seen with other cons... The 1st signs of scale issues...
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422038)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 20th, 2012 @ 10:19am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
theRED1 wrote:
Vectorshot wrote:I tell ya' the more I watch Smokescreen the more he reminds me of Hotrod!


I agree! Ever since I first saw Smokescreen that was my thought! He even has the same crest that goes up his head that Prime has!


Five bucks says he poofs into Rodimus Prime.


100 bucks says he's not.

Image

I win. :lol:


Why do I keep forgetting this, I'll never know. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422181)
Posted by XDMan on September 20th, 2012 @ 4:55pm CDT
Ending revealed. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422272)
Posted by Archanubis on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:35pm CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Anyone else notice how when Megatron commands the Vehicons (next to the driller) they barely reach meg's crotch? It was almost like they used the Cyberverse to Voyager scale. :lol:

But then the vehicons are the same height as Smokescreen in the next scene, and the Smokescreen-to-Megs size ratio is about a Deluxe to Voyager... as seen with other cons... The 1st signs of scale issues...

Miners may be smaller. Though scale in Transformers, like everything else in sci-fi, is subject to variances depending on circumstances. ;)

:CON:
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422275)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:41pm CDT
Or it might just be an animation goof. ;)
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422277)
Posted by Archanubis on September 20th, 2012 @ 7:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Or it might just be an animation goof. ;)

I stand by my original statement. :P
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422520)
Posted by TransFunctional on September 21st, 2012 @ 10:55am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Because Smokescreen doesn't know shit about Earth. There's a reason Jack gave Smokey a tour. Jack's going to show the new guy the ropes, best assumption given.

Although, this discussion is rather old by this point. Last we spoke of this was, what, a week ago? Because we all pretty much agree on this concept.


Sorry it took me so long to get back to this, I didn't get the notification until recently for some reason.

I agree that Smokescreen needs to be shown the ropes, I was just upset that Jack is all of a sudden switched to SS as a new partner, and RC get left human-less (though she might not mind that much). I'm too used to seeing those two together, so it'll be a little while before I like the new pairing, especially since I thought the Jack/RC combo worked really well.

Also, am I the only one hoping that CyLAS (Cybernetic Life form Augmented by Symbiosis. I think.) makes a return? It's almost like the Daniel/Arcee fusion from The Rebirth eps of the old series (shame that they only made those three eps for Season 4, I wanted to see more of Fort Max), but evil.

I must admit, I didn't start out thinking I would like this series, but it's definitely grown on me.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422543)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 21st, 2012 @ 11:34am CDT
TransFunctional wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Because Smokescreen doesn't know shit about Earth. There's a reason Jack gave Smokey a tour. Jack's going to show the new guy the ropes, best assumption given.

Although, this discussion is rather old by this point. Last we spoke of this was, what, a week ago? Because we all pretty much agree on this concept.


Sorry it took me so long to get back to this, I didn't get the notification until recently for some reason.

I agree that Smokescreen needs to be shown the ropes, I was just upset that Jack is all of a sudden switched to SS as a new partner, and RC get left human-less (though she might not mind that much). I'm too used to seeing those two together, so it'll be a little while before I like the new pairing, especially since I thought the Jack/RC combo worked really well.


I don't see it being a permanent switcheroo. Once Smokescreen's got himself into the perfect position rather than "rookie," Jack will most likely go back to Arcee (that is, if he wants to).

And again, not every 'bot needs a partner. Optimus & Ratchet are doing fine without ones.


Also, am I the only one hoping that CyLAS (Cybernetic Life form Augmented by Symbiosis. I think.) makes a return? It's almost like the Daniel/Arcee fusion from The Rebirth eps of the old series (shame that they only made those three eps for Season 4, I wanted to see more of Fort Max), but evil.


I'm not. I hope they use Cylas' remains to rebuild Breakdown into a new body. I've been aiming at a camo-green bulldozer with the name "Landmine." :lol:
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422564)
Posted by TransFunctional on September 21st, 2012 @ 12:14pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:I don't see it being a permanent switcheroo. Once Smokescreen's got himself into the perfect position rather than "rookie," Jack will most likely go back to Arcee (that is, if he wants to).

And again, not every 'bot needs a partner. Optimus & Ratchet are doing fine without ones.


True, but they didn't have partners in the first place. This thing with Jack and Smoke Screen is most likely going to last for a while, after which I sincerely hope he goes back with Arcee. Hell, I hope he still goes on missions with her, though I doubt they'll have that in the series.


I'm not. I hope they use Cylas' remains to rebuild Breakdown into a new body. I've been aiming at a camo-green bulldozer with the name "Landmine." :lol:


~laughs~ I wouldn't mind seeing that as a toy, myself, but I don't think they'll do that. ;) Breakdown's spark is extinguished, remember? With CyLAS there, it's more like a "Same house, new tenant" scenario.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422706)
Posted by El Duque on September 21st, 2012 @ 6:00pm CDT
We're just a few minutes away from tonight's all new episode of Transformes Prime "Legacy", and we have a couple of last minute promo images courtesy of Comics Online.

While Jack pairs off with a new Autobot partner, Megatron tries to keep Optimus from discovering the existence of a legendary weapon of the Primes, which could turn the tide of the war.


Image

Image
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422718)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 21st, 2012 @ 6:48pm CDT
Megatron's face when Prime pulled the classic "I'm-going-to-slice-this-rock-coming-right-at-me" trick... Priceless! I want that face as my avatar.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422842)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on September 22nd, 2012 @ 1:04am CDT
Good episode!
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422876)
Posted by TransFunctional on September 22nd, 2012 @ 5:38am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I want that face as my avatar.


I agree! That was a total "....oh shit" moment. I'm an Autobot (a Wrecker to be specific), but I still wouldn't mind having that as an avatar for some forums.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422884)
Posted by Archanubis on September 22nd, 2012 @ 6:33am CDT
TransFunctional wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:I don't see it being a permanent switcheroo. Once Smokescreen's got himself into the perfect position rather than "rookie," Jack will most likely go back to Arcee (that is, if he wants to).

And again, not every 'bot needs a partner. Optimus & Ratchet are doing fine without ones.


True, but they didn't have partners in the first place. This thing with Jack and Smoke Screen is most likely going to last for a while, after which I sincerely hope he goes back with Arcee. Hell, I hope he still goes on missions with her, though I doubt they'll have that in the series.

After this episode, that's doubtful. Especially once Arcee get through "talking" about the situation with Jack - and, perhaps, telling his mother what happened.


I'm not. I hope they use Cylas' remains to rebuild Breakdown into a new body. I've been aiming at a camo-green bulldozer with the name "Landmine." :lol:


~laughs~ I wouldn't mind seeing that as a toy, myself, but I don't think they'll do that. ;) Breakdown's spark is extinguished, remember? With CyLAS there, it's more like a "Same house, new tenant" scenario.

Especially since this series' motto is "When we kill a character, they stay dead.
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422892)
Posted by TransFunctional on September 22nd, 2012 @ 7:07am CDT
Archanubis wrote:Especially since this series' motto is "When we kill a character, they stay dead.


"Unless we bring them back with the power of Dark Energon, then they stay living. Unless they're a zombie, then we only bring them back for one episode. Unless it's a flashback, in which case it's for more than one."
Re: Transformers Prime "Legacy" Promo Clip (1422917)
Posted by lonrac on September 22nd, 2012 @ 10:12am CDT
in a word WOAH!!!!!


I almost expected Optimus to make a stupid pop-culture reference (and get mattel fans annoyed)

so how do I get a star sabre for my Prime Prime? (get autobot stickers for amw -01-03)


actually funniest moment was in the teaser, 'Hey Indy 500!! When I'm done with you, you'll need more than a pit crew'

Click here to view an additional 4 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014