Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action

Transformers News: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action

Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 1:32PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,185

IGN has posted an exclusive preview clip from this weeks new episode of Transformers Prime "New Recruit". As many of you have speculated, based on the number 38 on the side of his vehicle mode, the new Autobot is indeed Smokescreen. Check him out in the video embedded below. Be sure to tune into the Hub this Friday at 7:30 PM ET.

Transformers Prime Clip - Smokescreen in Action

There's a new Transformer in town, in this scene from the new episode airing September 7th.

Credit(s): IGN
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417188)
Posted by FansProjectFan178 on September 5th, 2012 @ 1:42pm CDT

This I got to see :-?
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417189)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on September 5th, 2012 @ 1:45pm CDT
That's totally Nolan North behind the voice.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417191)
Posted by FansProjectFan178 on September 5th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CDT
FansProjectFan178 wrote:Ol' Snokey is back, plucked from the ashes of his last showing in Armada. Finally seeing a new Autobot after all those Cons is refreshing. Should be an interesting change so long as he doesn't go the way of Skyquake or Makeshift.

This I got to see :-?

Snokey => Smokey

This is what I get when I don't spell check what I post :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417193)
Posted by autoride on September 5th, 2012 @ 1:52pm CDT
Smokescreen is one of the most awesome characters in prime that I have seen so far!

This is going to be great :D
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417206)
Posted by Bubbah on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:22pm CDT
I like him already! Face looks a little thin and narrow ... but I love the personality we see, and overall he looks great!
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417209)
Posted by Volrathicus Baenimus on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:29pm CDT
Well, from the clip is seems like we have our answer as to why Jack is teaming with him.

Its not to split up Jack and Arcee.

Its because teaming him up with Miko would be a freaking Suicide Squad.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417211)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:31pm CDT
I'm just not very impressed with this show anymore. Why did he make a metal on metal screeching noise when he slide through the dirt? They need to shore up the animation. Everything seems clunky. How do none of the Autobots know this bot, but he happened to just find them on Earth on his own and by himself?

He just jumps over Bee and Arcee, with a really bad camera motion to boot, to the frontline of the skirmish, picks off one or two 'cons, and dances around avoiding very few incoming shots. *sigh* Maybe season 3 will be good.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417216)
Posted by KNM2012 on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:40pm CDT
Glad that I sided with the images that Sabrblade and others gave out! :lol:

Now I am wondering how he will fare out for me in the series, and if he will be added to my "Collection of Fame" as well! 8)
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417224)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 5th, 2012 @ 2:57pm CDT
Haha! Yes! I knew it!

And to all that had ever doubted the power of Smokescreen:

HAHAHAHAH! Now give us a toy. And don't make it a repaint of Knock Out like Japan or I'll rip your faces off. :-x

Edit: Now that I look at him again, he does resemble Knock Out rather closely (aside from a completely different head mold and the wings, which are on the other side of his wheels :D), more the toy than the animation model. :roll: As long as they don't completely screw it up, I'm fine with a retool.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417228)
Posted by dedcat on September 5th, 2012 @ 3:04pm CDT
Oh look... a Knockout repaint with a starscream head and a 1 dimensional personality. Because what the series really needed was a character to jump around shooting lasers yelling 'WOOO!'

Now that I got that out of my system, I hope he ends up being a great new character.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417271)
Posted by Vectorshot on September 5th, 2012 @ 4:44pm CDT
I don"t know.... he looks a little too much like Starscream for me. I will hold my comments for the end of season 2.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417276)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 5th, 2012 @ 4:54pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417281)
Posted by Bubbah on September 5th, 2012 @ 5:12pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:I cant be the only one who laughed when ratchet said "The humans refer to this phenomenon as a clown car" :lol: If I didnt know any better, id'e say ratchet was plucked straight from the 90's.

Oh don't worry, you're not! My coworker in the office next to me came over to see what was so funny! I was cracking up!
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417286)
Posted by nikkinavarro on September 5th, 2012 @ 5:48pm CDT
Oh ya!! I'm so glad smokescreen is in prime. He hasn't been in the shows since the unicron trilogy. I love his personality too.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417295)
Posted by XDMan on September 5th, 2012 @ 6:30pm CDT
So this is why Takara made a toy for him. I hope he get's released in America as well.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417296)
Posted by RAcast on September 5th, 2012 @ 6:36pm CDT
a Cobra Viper wrote:I'm just not very impressed with this show anymore. Why did he make a metal on metal screeching noise when he slide through the dirt?

Because it's rock, not dirt. Basically a rock shelf.
a Cobra Viper wrote:They need to shore up the animation. Everything seems clunky.

If you say so. I'm inclined to disagree. If it seems choppy, it's because there's a lot of going on and a lot of jump cuts from one bit of action to the next.
a Cobra Viper wrote:How do none of the Autobots know this bot, but he happened to just find them on Earth on his own and by himself?

Did you somehow miss the "All Autobots, come to Earth and join my band of merry misfits!" message they intentionally reminded us of in "Out of the Past" already?
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417301)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on September 5th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CDT
I can easily see a repaint and new head mold for Prowl. Hell, his head now looks like Prowl as is.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417306)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2012 @ 7:19pm CDT
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417307)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 5th, 2012 @ 7:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:If this show plays its cards right, I just might have a new favorite Autobot. :D

If Smokie tops Jackie then I too shall have a new favorite Autobot.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip - Smokescreen in Action (1417309)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on September 5th, 2012 @ 7:32pm CDT
SMOKESCREEN!

i wonder if he will actually use smokescreen for tactical purposes

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016