Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images

Transformers News: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images

Friday, September 7th, 2012 1:58PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 20,521

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Hub and Transformers facebook pages have posted a teaser images from tonight's all new episode of Transformers Prime "New Recruit" featuring Smokescreen. Be sure to tune into the Hub this evening at 7:00 PM ET.

There's a new bot in town...Meet SMOKESCREEN tonight at 7pm ET!


Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip

Share this pic if you're excited about the debut of new Team Prime member Smokescreen on tonight's episode of Transformers Prime! Don't forget to tune it at 7 pm ET on The Hub TV Network!



Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Promo Clip
Credit(s): The Hub and Transformers facebook pages
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417856)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 7th, 2012 @ 2:00pm CDT
I'm sorry, I just don't see knockout.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417858)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on September 7th, 2012 @ 2:03pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't see knockout.


I don't see Starscream either.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417868)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 7th, 2012 @ 2:33pm CDT
ViperEye82 wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't see knockout.


I don't see Starscream either.

Who would?
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417869)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on September 7th, 2012 @ 2:34pm CDT
Someone said he looks like Starscream early on in the thread.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417872)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on September 7th, 2012 @ 2:42pm CDT
ViperEye82 wrote:Someone said he looks like Starscream early on in the thread.


I dont see it -.o lol
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417873)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on September 7th, 2012 @ 2:43pm CDT
yeah he does not resemble any bots we have right now aside from bumblebee and the door wings.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417874)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 7th, 2012 @ 2:55pm CDT
Kick some ass, Smokie. I'm waiting for you tonight. :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417879)
Posted by BeastProwl on September 7th, 2012 @ 3:00pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Kick some ass, Smokie. I'm waiting for you tonight. :KREMZEEK:

What are you, his wife?
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417883)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on September 7th, 2012 @ 3:15pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Kick some ass, Smokie. I'm waiting for you tonight. :KREMZEEK:

What are you, his wife?


i hope he doesnt bite the dust quickly
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417884)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 7th, 2012 @ 3:28pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Kick some ass, Smokie. I'm waiting for you tonight. :KREMZEEK:

What are you, his wife?


I'm Smokescreen's bitch. Got a problem with that?

Image

Also, I don't know why he doesn't look like Knock Out to anyone. He sure as hell looks like Knock Out's toy aside from the door-wings and arms (which I explained how they could re-engineer that here) to me.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417905)
Posted by RAcast on September 7th, 2012 @ 4:26pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Kick some ass, Smokie. I'm waiting for you tonight. :KREMZEEK:

What are you, his wife?


I'm Smokescreen's bitch. Got a problem with that?

Image

Also, I don't know why he doesn't look like Knock Out to anyone. He sure as hell looks like Knock Out's toy aside from the door-wings and arms (which I explained how they could re-engineer that here) to me.

I certainly see it, especially in the chest, how it's segmented into the middle part, which sits underneath and forms the main bulk of the torso, and the the two upper-chest panels which fold down on the side. Very reminiscent of the KO deluxe.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417910)
Posted by XDMan on September 7th, 2012 @ 4:36pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Kick some ass, Smokie. I'm waiting for you tonight. :KREMZEEK:

What are you, his wife?


I'm Smokescreen's bitch. Got a problem with that?

Image

Also, I don't know why he doesn't look like Knock Out to anyone. He sure as hell looks like Knock Out's toy aside from the door-wings and arms (which I explained how they could re-engineer that here) to me.
It's just like Shockwave. He was going to look like his WFC design (which I still think it's part of G1, not Prime), but then looked like he has elements from the G1 and movie designs. And another example in the past was G1 Megatron, as he looked younger (younger looking face, handheld fusion cannon, helmet is black and looks like hair). Take a look from the Marvel Comics version:

Image

And a comparison at the Sumbow version:

Image
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417913)
Posted by RAcast on September 7th, 2012 @ 4:39pm CDT
XDMan wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Kick some ass, Smokie. I'm waiting for you tonight. :KREMZEEK:

What are you, his wife?


I'm Smokescreen's bitch. Got a problem with that?

Image

Also, I don't know why he doesn't look like Knock Out to anyone. He sure as hell looks like Knock Out's toy aside from the door-wings and arms (which I explained how they could re-engineer that here) to me.
It's just like Shockwave. He was going to look like his WFC design (which I still think it's part of G1, not Prime), but then looked like he has elements from the G1 and movie designs. And another example in the past was G1 Megatron, as he looked younger (younger looking face, handheld fusion cannon, helmet is black and looks like hair). Take a look from the Marvel Comics version:

Image

And a comparison at the Sumbow version:

Image

That Megatron makes me think of a Robot Master out of Megaman.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417949)
Posted by Archanubis on September 7th, 2012 @ 6:28pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:
ViperEye82 wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:I'm sorry, I just don't see knockout.


I don't see Starscream either.

Who would?


ViperEye82 wrote:Someone said he looks like Starscream early on in the thread.

That would be me. I think it was mostly how narrow his face is compared to the other 'bots.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417950)
Posted by nikkinavarro on September 7th, 2012 @ 6:35pm CDT
Well at least we have smokescreen
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417957)
Posted by Rhinox23 on September 7th, 2012 @ 6:40pm CDT
I know everyone keeps talking about how Smokescreen will most likely be a Knockout remold/repaint. I really hope that's not true. For me, a majority of the excitement about a new character is for a completely new toy. As I only collect bots and cons that actually appear in the show, I will be very disappointed if Smokescreen turns out to be a remold! :-(
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417958)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 7th, 2012 @ 6:41pm CDT
Rhinox23 wrote:I know everyone keeps talking about how Smokescreen will most likely be a Knockout remold/repaint. I really hope that's not true. For me, a majority of the excitement about a new character is for a completely new toy. As I only collect bots and cons that actually appear in the show, I will be very disappointed if Smokescreen turns out to be a remold! :-(


He is. It was practically confirmed.

Image
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417963)
Posted by Bubbah on September 7th, 2012 @ 6:51pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:I know everyone keeps talking about how Smokescreen will most likely be a Knockout remold/repaint. I really hope that's not true. For me, a majority of the excitement about a new character is for a completely new toy. As I only collect bots and cons that actually appear in the show, I will be very disappointed if Smokescreen turns out to be a remold! :-(


He is. It was practically confirmed.

Image

I'm still holding out hope that he was used as a stand in figure or as a decoy model so as to not ruin the surprise of him appearing in the show haha (a man can dream can't he?!?)
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417964)
Posted by caked-up on September 7th, 2012 @ 6:57pm CDT
Wow. The character is interesting enough so far, but if he is just going to be a remold than I am going to keep proudly displaying my Alternator Smokescreen instead of picking this guy up. I totally get Skyquake and Dreadwing being the same mold and all, but I really thought the Prime team was going to keep away from using the same mold more than once for on screen characters.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1417987)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on September 7th, 2012 @ 8:09pm CDT
Rhinox23 wrote:I know everyone keeps talking about how Smokescreen will most likely be a Knockout remold/repaint. I really hope that's not true. For me, a majority of the excitement about a new character is for a completely new toy. As I only collect bots and cons that actually appear in the show, I will be very disappointed if Smokescreen turns out to be a remold! :-(


Lol, are you new here? Remolds/repaints into new characters has been going on since 1984. :CON:
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418006)
Posted by caked-up on September 7th, 2012 @ 9:23pm CDT
ViperEye82 wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:I know everyone keeps talking about how Smokescreen will most likely be a Knockout remold/repaint. I really hope that's not true. For me, a majority of the excitement about a new character is for a completely new toy. As I only collect bots and cons that actually appear in the show, I will be very disappointed if Smokescreen turns out to be a remold! :-(


Lol, are you new here? Remolds/repaints into new characters has been going on since 1984. :CON:


Not at all. I know that is how it worked in the past and will work in the future. It is just that the cartoon writers expressed that they weren't going to do that for screen characters. I don't have an ounce of reservation that Hot Shot and Flamewar are retools/redecos of main characters. I just find it odd that even after saying it, they did it anyways.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418018)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on September 7th, 2012 @ 10:00pm CDT
Ah, got it, yeah, that makes sense. It would be cool to see a new design for him. I have to say, even though I watch it, I totally Hate Prime and all the designs, but Smokescreen did look pretty cool. Very "Jazz-ish". I wish Classics Smokescreen/Prowl weren't so fugly.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418056)
Posted by Rhinox23 on September 7th, 2012 @ 11:32pm CDT
caked-up wrote:
ViperEye82 wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:I know everyone keeps talking about how Smokescreen will most likely be a Knockout remold/repaint. I really hope that's not true. For me, a majority of the excitement about a new character is for a completely new toy. As I only collect bots and cons that actually appear in the show, I will be very disappointed if Smokescreen turns out to be a remold! :-(


Lol, are you new here? Remolds/repaints into new characters has been going on since 1984. :CON:


Not at all. I know that is how it worked in the past and will work in the future. It is just that the cartoon writers expressed that they weren't going to do that for screen characters. I don't have an ounce of reservation that Hot Shot and Flamewar are retools/redecos of main characters. I just find it odd that even after saying it, they did it anyways.


Actually, I am not new on here. Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I completely understand and am familiar with how Hasbro repaints, remolds, retools previous molds to make additional figures. I am just bothered that they are doing this with a screen character.

It seems that they may have done this in the past, but in more recent memory, screen characters usually get their own unique toy mold. I could be wrong (I'm sure someone will point out the ones I'm overlooking) but the past 3-4 TF shows have had unique toy molds. Now, these molds might later be turned into other remolds, etc. but they are for characters that have never, and will never, appear on the show itself.

I can't really think of any for TF Animated, Beast Wars, or Beast Machines. Tigertron and Cheetor were basically the same, but different enough and each had their own toys.

Anyway, I'm still (naively) holding out that he will have a unique mold all to himself. Hopefully, the gray prototype mold provided earlier was to keep Smokescreen a secret.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418065)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 7th, 2012 @ 11:52pm CDT
Rhinox23 wrote:
Actually, I am not new on here. Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I completely understand and am familiar with how Hasbro repaints, remolds, retools previous molds to make additional figures. I am just bothered that they are doing this with a screen character.


Image
Image

It seems that they may have done this in the past, but in more recent memory, screen characters usually get their own unique toy mold. I could be wrong (I'm sure someone will point out the ones I'm overlooking) but the past 3-4 TF shows have had unique toy molds. Now, these molds might later be turned into other remolds, etc. but they are for characters that have never, and will never, appear on the show itself.

I can't really think of any for TF Animated, Beast Wars, or Beast Machines.


Image
Image
Image




Anyway, I'm still (naively) holding out that he will have a unique mold all to himself. Hopefully, the gray prototype mold provided earlier was to keep Smokescreen a secret.


:-$
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418161)
Posted by lonrac on September 8th, 2012 @ 9:02am CDT
So even the 'bots themselves are unimpressed with Hasbro's packaging policy.....Ratchet:"Not another Bumblebee sighting"

So do we now have a rainbow of energon with special effects- Red, Purple, Blue, Green?

Smokescreen onscreen image not bad....
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418172)
Posted by RAcast on September 8th, 2012 @ 10:21am CDT
Edit: Oh crap, sorry for the double post!
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418173)
Posted by RAcast on September 8th, 2012 @ 10:23am CDT
RAcast wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:
Actually, I am not new on here. Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I completely understand and am familiar with how Hasbro repaints, remolds, retools previous molds to make additional figures. I am just bothered that they are doing this with a screen character.


Image
Image

It seems that they may have done this in the past, but in more recent memory, screen characters usually get their own unique toy mold. I could be wrong (I'm sure someone will point out the ones I'm overlooking) but the past 3-4 TF shows have had unique toy molds. Now, these molds might later be turned into other remolds, etc. but they are for characters that have never, and will never, appear on the show itself.

I can't really think of any for TF Animated, Beast Wars, or Beast Machines.


Image
Image
Image




Anyway, I'm still (naively) holding out that he will have a unique mold all to himself. Hopefully, the gray prototype mold provided earlier was to keep Smokescreen a secret.


:-$

How did you forget TFA Bumblebee! xD There are like...fifty of him!
This page has apparently not been updated for Prime, I see.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Body-type
Image


It's also worth noting, that BW Tigatron was a straight redeco of Cheetor.
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418177)
Posted by Rhinox23 on September 8th, 2012 @ 10:40am CDT
RAcast wrote:
RAcast wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:
Actually, I am not new on here. Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I completely understand and am familiar with how Hasbro repaints, remolds, retools previous molds to make additional figures. I am just bothered that they are doing this with a screen character.


Image
Image

It seems that they may have done this in the past, but in more recent memory, screen characters usually get their own unique toy mold. I could be wrong (I'm sure someone will point out the ones I'm overlooking) but the past 3-4 TF shows have had unique toy molds. Now, these molds might later be turned into other remolds, etc. but they are for characters that have never, and will never, appear on the show itself.

I can't really think of any for TF Animated, Beast Wars, or Beast Machines.


Image
Image
Image




Anyway, I'm still (naively) holding out that he will have a unique mold all to himself. Hopefully, the gray prototype mold provided earlier was to keep Smokescreen a secret.


:-$

How did you forget TFA Bumblebee! xD There are like...fifty of him!
This page has apparently not been updated for Prime, I see.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Body-type
Image


It's also worth noting, that BW Tigatron was a straight redeco of Cheetor.


Yeah, I guess that's true. I'll concede that point. To be honest, I never really watched TF Animated because it was a little too kiddie for me. I should have thought more about that before including that line in my explanation. I also agree that Tigatron was a redeco of Cheetor, but none of the other screen beasties were. :oops:

Again, although all the odds seem to be stacked against me, I hope Smokescreen gets his own mold! Either way, I'll still get his figure whenever he comes out. :BOT:
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418195)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 8th, 2012 @ 12:04pm CDT
Rhinox23 wrote:To be honest, I never really watched TF Animated because it was a little too kiddie for me.
Rhinox23 wrote:TF Animated... too kiddie
I see that fallacy still lingers. :roll:
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418198)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 8th, 2012 @ 12:10pm CDT
RAcast wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Rhinox23 wrote:
Actually, I am not new on here. Perhaps you misunderstood my point. I completely understand and am familiar with how Hasbro repaints, remolds, retools previous molds to make additional figures. I am just bothered that they are doing this with a screen character.


Image
Image

It seems that they may have done this in the past, but in more recent memory, screen characters usually get their own unique toy mold. I could be wrong (I'm sure someone will point out the ones I'm overlooking) but the past 3-4 TF shows have had unique toy molds. Now, these molds might later be turned into other remolds, etc. but they are for characters that have never, and will never, appear on the show itself.

I can't really think of any for TF Animated, Beast Wars, or Beast Machines.


Image
Image
Image




Anyway, I'm still (naively) holding out that he will have a unique mold all to himself. Hopefully, the gray prototype mold provided earlier was to keep Smokescreen a secret.


:-$

How did you forget TFA Bumblebee! xD There are like...fifty of him!
This page has apparently not been updated for Prime, I see.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Body-type
Image


Because none of the other Bumblebee repaints got toys aside from Cliffjumper, whom was only an Activator, and Wasp, whom barely got a release. Were talking about repaints of toys that got on-screen appearances in recent years.

Also, I was just giving examples. Did you really want a post with over 1,000 pictures of different repaints and remolds that got on-screen appearances?
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418255)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 8th, 2012 @ 3:18pm CDT
NORTH!!! :DANCE:
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418299)
Posted by iguanabytes on September 8th, 2012 @ 5:20pm CDT
Smokescreen looks like he combines bumblebee with knockout in appearance- bumblebee's shoulders and wings, with knockout's chest
Re: Transformers Prime "New Recruit" Teaser Images (1418307)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 8th, 2012 @ 6:00pm CDT
iguanabytes wrote:Smokescreen looks like he combines bumblebee with knockout in appearance- bumblebee's shoulders and wings, with knockout's chest


Actually, Smokescreen's torso and legs resemble that of Knock Out, with his arms and wings of Bumblebee.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014